• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

FORUM SEARCH

Get answers about starting a business from real entrepreneurs. Powered by Google.

Unscripted Wisdom, Beliefs, Memes, More!

Discussion in 'General Mindset, Motivation, Beliefs' started by MJ DeMarco, Mar 6, 2018.

1. ZF Lee

ZF Lee Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,321
    You are right. My dad was oddly laissez-faire about the entire ordeal though....:smuggy:

The Big Three professions still do answer some Fastlane Commandments very well, namely Need and Entry. To produce high-level products, degrees in these areas do help.

At the end of the day, a Fastlaner might want to see the business world for the entire orchestra that it actually is, and not just a small career cavern of a profession. So, having a degree that can possible limit that perception would be taboo for some.

After watching some drive-bys on TFLF post stuff and lash out due to shitty attitude, I have began to reconsider that having a profession to boost experience, connections and of course, capital for business, might be better than jumping into business rashly with a shitty attitude and lack of resilience.

WJS likes this.
  2. G-Man

G-Man Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $8,287
    download (2).png

Made this after a Saturday trip to Nebraska Furniture Mart.

Roz, TheCj, Mattie and 7 others like this.
  3. ZF Lee

ZF Lee Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,321
    [​IMG]

Roz, TheCj, MidwestLandlord and 3 others like this.
  4. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $308,702
    Admin Post
    27rpzn.jpg

Roz, TheCj, Victor152 and 6 others like this.
  5. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $308,702
    Admin Post
    Not really a meme, but some forum promotion.

Because I'm proud of you all!!!

the-fastlane-forum.jpg

MB2, SoftStone, Silver Silk and 12 others like this.
  6. MJ DeMarco

Rep Bank:
    $308,702
    Admin Post
    The new "racket" of "if you pay me $10K, I will teach you how to be a business coach!!"

new-racket.jpg

Roz, TheCj, MidwestLandlord and 5 others like this.
  7. WJK

WJK Silver Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $5,502
    And you don't even have to have business experience! What a deal for a guy throwing away his money!

ZF Lee likes this.
  8. Mattie

Mattie Platinum Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $23,828
    I remember doing my internship back in 2006, and I was teaching people how to budget in the car-link program so they had to show me all their bills, and I couldn't believe how many people took out those loans at these fast cash places and rented furniture, and the interest rate was unbelievable. The furniture usually got taken back and they were stuck with the high interest rate and had to pay for something they didn't have.

Silver Silk, WJK and G-Man like this.
  9. WJK

Rep Bank:
    $5,502
    I have low to moderate income residential rentals. Yes, that truck transporting the rented furniture and appliances comes here to see my tenants all the time. And their customers (my tenants) are proud of renting all these cheap goods from them. Go figure. I just don't understand any of it! Used furniture and appliances are almost worthless unless you are the rental company.

Mattie and Silver Silk like this.
  10. Mattie

Rep Bank:
    $23,828
    I don't either. I mean I told them at the time, why don't you just save your money, and use lay away at k-mart or wal-mart, so you at least own your furniture, and not have to pay interest. That's just simple to understand. Save your money, and even if you don't have a lot of money, at least have materialism you actually keep versus watching it vanish.

WJK likes this.
  11. WJK

Rep Bank:
    $5,502
    Garage sales and second-hand stores are where I usually go for furniture. It doesn't take much cash just to buy it. I throw it in the back of my pickup and take it home. Those old frugal habits die hard. Yes, I can afford to buy the stuff new, but it would hurt my heart to pay for something that is instantly worthless!

My tenants don't see it that way. I have a retired veteran who is on public housing assistance and disability. She's a "preferred customer" of one of those furniture rental companies. Those cute young men from there stroke and flatter her ego all the time. I hope it's worth it to her. Go figure.

Mattie likes this.
  12. Mattie

Rep Bank:
    $23,828
    Yes, I believe you can find some awesome stuff at garage sales, thrift stores, auctions, estate sales. I love vintage and antique stuff, sometimes the furniture is sturdier, and stripping and re-varnished always works wonders.

ZF Lee likes this.