The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Unscripted Wisdom, Beliefs, Memes, More!

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
I don't either. I mean I told them at the time, why don't you just save your money, and use lay away at k-mart or wal-mart, so you at least own your furniture, and not have to pay interest. That's just simple to understand. Save your money, and even if you don't have a lot of money, at least have materialism you actually keep versus watching it vanish.
Garage sales and second-hand stores are where I usually go for furniture. It doesn't take much cash just to buy it. I throw it in the back of my pickup and take it home. Those old frugal habits die hard. Yes, I can afford to buy the stuff new, but it would hurt my heart to pay for something that is instantly worthless!

My tenants don't see it that way. I have a retired veteran who is on public housing assistance and disability. She's a "preferred customer" of one of those furniture rental companies. Those cute young men from there stroke and flatter her ego all the time. I hope it's worth it to her. Go figure.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Garage sales and second-hand stores are where I usually go for furniture. It doesn't take much cash just to buy it. I throw it in the back of my pickup and take it home. Those old frugal habits die hard. Yes, I can afford to buy the stuff new, but it would hurt my heart to pay for something that is instantly worthless!
Yes, I believe you can find some awesome stuff at garage sales, thrift stores, auctions, estate sales. I love vintage and antique stuff, sometimes the furniture is sturdier, and stripping and re-varnished always works wonders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I've said it here for years...

best-book.jpg

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
My signature from Felix Dennis is an awesome one, theres trillions of dollars floating around in the world, you just have dig into the right mountain

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
My signature from Felix Dennis is an awesome one, theres trillions of dollars floating around in the world, you just have dig into the right mountain
I like how Grant Cardone described it. Paraphrasing: We don’t “make” money. There’s money everywhere already, flowing around and past us. We just have to get it to flow through us.

harlansjobs

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 31, 2018
Be the one to write the book or short story that appears on HBO, or Showtime or Netflix or whatever network! I say that because I don't watch TV and get involved in the craziness, especially football which is treated like it was a religion around here, especially since the RAVENS are playoff bound.

Although occasionally I will get things from the library. Usually either audio books so I can work while I listen or once in a while a classic movie. But I don't let the boon tube run my life.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Value isn't as complicated as we make it!

soup.jpg

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Is this value? Change in business happens at the strangest moments. I just got back from taking a class. For my investment of a trip to Anchorage and a few hours of sitting there, I got a whole bucket of ideas. Maybe it was the two days off -- doing something different from my usual schedule. Maybe it was the audio business book I listened to while we were driving all those hours. Maybe it was the interaction with the other students who attended my class. Maybe it was just time for all these new ideas to gel. But, I do know that I walked away with a bunch of new ideas and the phone number of a government official who may have the grant, or the cheap financing, to upgrade my small community water system.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Value isn't as complicated as we make it!

View attachment 24683

This is enlightening and makes me heave a sigh of relief. I feel better now.

Everytime when I hear the words "providing value", there's this extremely heavy mental pressure that value = providing something extremely valuable (e.g: helping others make $50K in sales, curing cancer, making hair grow 3x faster) or else it's not considered value.

Set as my desktop wallpaper.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
1611616898316.png

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Being a senior with barely any money is a terrifying thought, and everyone sees it all the time. Next time you are out and about, pay attention to who is pumping your gas, loading up your groceries or taking your order at some fast food place. I've met and worked with alot of 50, 60+ year olds in crappy minimum wage jobs. One of my coworkers a long time ago mentioned having only 100 bucks saved up at the age of 60.. holy crap!

Sad to see, and just imagine had they of known ''a better way'' to quote the 50 something year old guy taking orders from a 20 something year old kid I worked with years ago, geez the nightmares! Make it stop!

Sometimes I'll chat with the fast food workers that make my food, these people must be in their 50's or later, and now with this kung flu situation I asked what they like to do in their freetime, corporate made some weird rule they are not allowed to leave their own home and enjoy any hobbies or whatever. Sounds like pure insanity to me. They are only allowed to travel from home to work and back.. what the ???????

What is even the point of life???

Last edited:

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Being a senior with barely any money is a terrifying thought, and everyone sees it all the time. Next time you are out and about, pay attention to who is pumping your gas, loading up your groceries or taking your order at some fast food place. I've met and worked with alot of 50, 60+ year olds in crappy minimum wage jobs. One of my coworkers a long time ago mentioned having only 100 bucks saved up at the age of 60.. holy crap!

Sad to see, and just imagine had they of known ''a better way'' to quote the 50 something year old guy taking orders from a 20 something year old kid I worked with years ago, geez the nightmares! Make it stop!

Sometimes I'll chat with the fast food workers that make my food, these people must be in their 50's or later, and now with this kung flu situation I asked what they like to do in their freetime, corporate made some weird rule they are not allowed to leave their own home and enjoy any hobbies or whatever. Sounds like pure insanity to me. They are only allowed to travel from home to work and back.. what the ???????

What is even the point of life???
So, now you know the end results... Most of these people you're talking to have bought into immediate gratification and maxing out their use of credit. They didn't make themselves more valuable by starting a business and working all those extra hours to make it work. They didn't educate themselves to add to the value. They lived way beyond their means through the liberal use of credit. And then they had to do the extra work to make the money to pay back all that money, plus the interest. And they are at the bottom of the barrel on their earning abilities. Aren't you glad you figured this out now? You can make sure that you're not one of them!

Kal-El1998

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Nov 25, 2020
For those of us in countries that don't have FREE education and instead have to pay $160,000 for a degree in "Feminist Perspectives on Gender and Technology in an Age of Post Modernism".

View attachment 18567
So freaking true. I wish I had known better. The only thing college did for me was take me from an introvert to an extravert. By the end of college I realized the whole system of "higher education" is a sham and I've been going my own say since graduating. I probably pissed off more than a few professors as I started waking up too.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Had fun with these 3, and incidentally, FB started showing them to more folks...

1647104804280.png
1647104772239.png
Instagram Posts.png

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Awesome posts MJ!

You're one of the very few that uses photos of their actual house instead of stock images in these kinds of posts.
And actually OWNS the house.

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland
And actually OWNS the house.
Just shows you what can happen if you stop drinking Starbucks, cancel Netflix, drive an '03 rust bucket and binge watch Dave Ramsey.

Truly an inspiration.

BaiAnrui

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Jul 30, 2019
The Netherlands
Of course we already read a lot of books and we listen to a lot of podcasts.

But sometimes we also come across inspiring memes. I think the advantage of memes is that they are nice and short and make you think, they can also be very funny and sometimes confrontational.

That's why I think Memes deserve their own topic!

So share your best memes here!

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007