• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Tony Robbins Fans? Unleash the Power?

Discussion in 'General Mindset, Motivation, Beliefs' started by Y.B., Mar 25, 2014.

1. Zest

Zest Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $152
    I like to ask myself: if Tony was short, pudgy, had a weak voice, and was balding, would he be as successful? In other words, if he looked NOTHING like the father figure most people would have loved in their life, would he be successful?

I try to stay away from teachers with an overly charismatic guru-like aura.

The only book of his I've read is Unshakable and that's not fastlane.

Xeon likes this.
  2. Sanj Modha

Sanj Modha Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $14,400
    I'm a big TR fan. Everything he says makes sense to me.

Unshakeable is my next book to read.

Kingmaker likes this.
  3. rogue synthetic

rogue synthetic * Not actually Rutger Hauer Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,132
    It's interesting to read this thread because in the skeptical posters I see so much of myself 10 or even 5 years ago.

A switch flipped in me a couple of years ago and instead of outright condemning everything as charlatanry, I decided to give everything a fair shake. To see for myself before figuring I had it all figured out.

There's plenty of guru-dom to go around in the self-help space, no denying that part. Everything from outright cranks peddling fringe voodoo, on up to lay-folk who have just enough exposure to pop-psychology to not realize that they don't know very much at all.

That fact doesn't mean that there isn't also something to learn from the practitioners. The secret is to learn how to separate the parts from the whole. Use what's useful and ignore the rest. Separate your sense of valuable from the novel. The most important things often lie in repetition, or in seeing the same thing in new ways.

The first step for me was Maxwell Maltz's Psycho-cybernetics, a book I still refer back to. I've only recently gotten into TR, and from him into Jim Rohn and Napoleon Hill and that side of the tracks.

I won't lie, I still have to fight my inner critic sometimes. But what matters most is the results. I'm an entirely different person now than I was 18 months ago. And that's an on-going process. I've *been better* -- not felt, measurably improved -- in the last 2 months than in the last 5 years.

No argument will convince a skeptic, which is why I don't argue with skeptics (or anyone else). Arguments, online especially, have a whole lot more to do with ego and identity and framing than with a fair exchange of ideas on merit.

I'm not trying to convince anyone. All I can say is this. Me in 2013 would have scoffed with the best of the scoffers. Me, right now posting this, is sold.

You don't have to drop thousands on the next Tony Robbins seminar. But there is more to his ideas than smoke and mirrors. It is no exaggeration when I say this is life-changing stuff if you give it an honest shake. If you've decided it's garbage because you already know everything, are you surprised when it doesn't work? Evidently some people are.

It's worth having a think about how a skeptical attitude might otherwise influence your outcomes. I know I thought I was putting Truth above everything else... and it turns out I was just being a cynical jackass, which explained a WHOLE LOT of my life-outcomes.

Your mileage may vary, of course.

Mr.C, MustImprove, Tommo and 3 others like this.
  4. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $386,698
    Admin Post
    His early book, Awaken the Giant Within is really good for some psychological perspectives. It's an old book, but it is transcendent, and still relevant today.

Roz, Kingmaker, Bradley R and 3 others like this.
  5. MTEE1985

MTEE1985 The world belongs to the risk takers Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,685
    I’m literally listening to his podcast as I see this thread. It’s about providing massive value first and letting the market reward you later.

As mentioned above, with the vast amount of knowledge and material he has put out over the years everybody will find something they disagree with. (Cough cough “money, master the game” cough)

Don’t discount all of the good material available from him. Lots of it is free.

If you have 7 minutes I’d challenge you to watch the below video and not be inspired to get some sh*t done.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_S8QtLR-gZs

Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
    Xeon likes this.
  6. GoGetter24

GoGetter24 Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,538
    Exactly.

A lot of his followers go to his events every year.

OK retards, tell me this: if his stuff caused such transformation, why do you need to do it every year?

Because it's for consumption, not production.

ExaltedLife and Xeon like this.
  7. Kung Fu Steve

Kung Fu Steve Platinum Contributor Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $27,875

Language.

This thread is FASCINATING to me. I run into this day in and day out in my meetings. From the stage, in an office, on the phone -- it never ceases to amaze me the utter violence at which people object to something that might improve them.

But let me pose a question: if there's something who is insanely more successful in ANY area... instead of calling them names, maybe it makes sense to ask them HOW and WHY they do what they do?

We all have 24 hours... 99% of successful entrepreneurs weren't born with a silver spoon in their mouth... then why is it some people make it happen... and others don't?

Aren't you interested in learning those answers?

If you were to ask me (which you didn't) why I go to Tony's events over and over in addition to basically every marketing conference I can get to and every top coach I can get my hands on is because of this idea called "sharpening the saw"

(That's from a book called the 7 habits of highly successful people... which I have read multiple times... and each time it created a new transformation in some area of my life)

But why don't you ask a Tim Ferris, Oprah Winfrey, Michael Jordan, Usher, Pitbull, Marc Benihofff, Warren Buffet, Bill Gates, T Boone Pickens, or any other number of successful entrepreneurs why would THEY go to an event (tony or others) again and again?

Sure... they might be retarded... or maybe they know something you don't?

I'm not picking on you -- I'm just posing a question. Is it POSSIBLE there's something there that you've never experienced?

Bradley R, Roz, Mr.C and 10 others like this.
  8. MTEE1985

MTEE1985 The world belongs to the risk takers Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,685
    “Oh man, The Millionaire Fastlane was such a good book and I learned so much from it that I’m never going to read it again”

-No one ever

Kruiser, Roz, Mr.C and 2 others like this.
  9. Bearcorp

Bearcorp Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,961
    triggered.jpg

10. lludwig

lludwig Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $5,676
    I've been following Tony's work since 1991. I've read all his books, done his CDs, gone to an event which he was part of in 2000, UPW, and Business Mastery. Hell I bought his regular audio cassettes "podcasts" before there was such a thing as a podcast.

I've even interviewed him.

The Financial Disruptor - My Interview With Tony Robbins

I know a lot about his history. He's always on and pretty much what you see is what you get.

I've always had a love/hate relationship with him. Like MJ says in Unscripted he certainly didn't make his millions via the Slow Lane. There are definitely things I don't agree with him on which is fine and also fine with him BTW. But there are also many things he is right on target about and has the ability to simplify complex things which a mass audience can digest.

If you are looking to optimize your life, he's the master optimizer.

He's probably one of the best modern-day speakers and would recommend to seeing him in person at least once. He is perhaps one of the best salespeople you'll ever meet as well.

His events are like nothing else you've even been too. It's a combination of a sales presentation, religious awaking and rock concert all rolled into one.

The way they are executed are awesome and you can gather so much business ideas from the events themselves. Though realize Tony not only discusses how to better yourself, he uses the same techniques on you to upsell you other events/services. He's a master at NLP and nothing is done by accident in his events.

My recommendation is at least listen to his CDs and if you have the means go to at least UPW.

Don't just listen to what he says but more importantly interact with others in the event, go all out, and keep executing after the event is done.

Tony Robbins Unleash the Power Within Review

Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
    Roz, Bradley R, Bora.s and 4 others like this.
  11. TinyOldLady

TinyOldLady Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $202
    Hi @lludwig, I can't see Investor Junkie in Germany :(. It says: "Unfortunately, because of GDPR and FATCA compliance requirements, our site is not available in your location." Can the interview be found somewhere else?
    (Awesome intro btw. :smile:)

12. Xeon

Xeon All Cars Kneel Before Pagani. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $10,235
    [​IMG]
    The thing about Tony Robbins, is that his videos make you feel very good, warm and fuzzy inside. It's wonderful material to listen to before sleeping. Kind of like a lullaby for adults. Soothing, assuring, in control,....you feel safe just hearing his voice....

404profound likes this.
  13. Dunkafelics

Dunkafelics Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $4,053
    A lot of the thoughts I have on this topic have already been stated on this thread, so I'll stick to what I know.

If you apply the principles that Tony Robbins teaches in any of his books, programs or live events - you will experience changes in your life. It is as simple as that.

If you've read Awaken the Giant Within or taken Personal Power II I can almost guarantee that it has changed your life for the better in some way.

I am going to try to convince you to love or hate Tony Robbins - you've already made that decision.

My recommendation would be to check out some of his free material on YouTube or get a copy of Awaken the Giant Within to get a better understanding of what he is all about.

Kruiser and lludwig like this.
  14. lludwig

lludwig Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $5,676
    Yea sorry GDPR wasn't worth the risk (legal, financial, etc) of 1.5% of the audience coming from the EU. Plus US FATCA laws makes it very difficult for individuals outside of the US to open an account. So felt it was best to just outright block.

The new owners will prob change this at some point.

See attached pdf of a printout of it.

Attached Files:

TinyOldLady and Invictus like this.
  15. lludwig

Rep Bank:
    $5,676
    I know a few people like this. Like groupies. I wonder do these people have lives and businesses to run????

A lot of action faking to be sure. I do plan on myself going to more of his events perhaps the Date With Destiny event. Just don't need to go to 6 events in one year!! Yes I know some who have actually done this.

I didn't see it in this thread but if you want to get an idea of what his events are like see the NetFlix documentary "I'm Not your Guru". While not critical in anyways of Tony or his events, it does give you an idea of what it's like pretty accurately.

Bora.s, GoGetter24 and Dunkafelics like this.
  16. Dunkafelics

Dunkafelics Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $4,053
    Gotta love this guy... calling people retards and losers on the forum for having different perspectives and opinions than him...

Why don't you grace us oh wise one on how YOU would run the forum if you were in charge of it once again? I am sure we are all dying to hear that one again...

Roz, Bearcorp and TinyOldLady like this.
  17. andyhaus44

andyhaus44 Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,981

18. GoGetter24

GoGetter24 Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,538
    Yeah the language was inappropriate; got carried away. Just to be clear, when I used those words, I didn't mean it generally. I was thinking of a particular extreme type of individual when I used it, not anyone who shares sympathies.

I went to one of the events once. I remember people explaining their life goals about they've always wanted to quit their job and attain success etc. Except they then let slip they'd been to the same event a dozen times in a row over the years, including flying elsewhere just to do the event again.

That's action faking at a new level. A lot of those types are only there for the motivational feeling, but it wears off a few days later and then they're back to being exactly who they were. They're motivation junkies. They're suffering-assuagers, not want-to-winners.

Not to mention the fact he actively upsells after you've already spend thousands. You're actually paying hundreds of dollars to him to upsell you to an even bigger seminar, where no doubt he'll upsell you to an even bigger one.

The total actual new wisdom you get is minuscule. It's a pure motivation / inspiration jolt, which is just ineffective for the slow burn needed to actually win.

ExaltedLife, pingu and Dunkafelics like this.
  19. TinyOldLady

TinyOldLady Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $202
    Thank you very much! :smile:

20. lludwig

Rep Bank:
    $5,676
    Yea that's GDPR for ya...

21. 404profound

404profound Gold Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $5,409
    Tony Robbins will go down as one of the most effective con men to ever live.

ExaltedLife, Xeon and ProcessPro like this.
  22. PureA

PureA Winners never quit Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $8,462
    I'm not looking to change your opinion at all.

I just wanted to point out that this is a great example of the fact you can literally help 100,000,000s of people and still have haters.

Vigilante, Roz, Kruiser and 2 others like this.
  23. The Abundant Man

The Abundant Man Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $8,176
    He conned me into bettering myself and improving my life. What a jerk!

MJ conned me into the fastlane. $18.53 gone just like that. 3 hours of my life reading gone just like that

Some people man.

Tommo, Kingmaker and Kruiser like this.
  24. rogue synthetic

rogue synthetic * Not actually Rutger Hauer Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,132
    Is it me just sobering up after a bender or has there been a streak of bitter cynicism around here lately?

(Both can be true)

Bearcorp likes this.
  25. ZCP

ZCP Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $26,782
    Have seen some dumb posts on this forum...... Got to be one of the most baseless I've ever seen ..... Care to back up your statement?

Vigilante, NMdad, Roz and 1 other person like this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.