The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Tony Robbins sells out; reveals his Paradox of Practice, cringeworthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ideasunlimited1

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Mar 21, 2019
Houston
We need to view TR for what he is: a man whose goal is to inspire the masses in the most generalized way possible. His advice can be summed up as, "hey, maybe if you want money, you should save it. Most of us won't have the drive to be entrepreneurs, but it's super simple to give money to invest..so like, I don't know, try it?"

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ds_groundupbiz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Oct 9, 2018
Houston, TX
Yes, he sold out but not all of his ideas are ludicrous! The comments that you have pointed out are saddening to hear but I still give Tony some credit for helping me change my mindset (& improve my communication skills with others) way back before I discovered The Millionaire Fastlane .

Just because he shows a clear paradox of practice here, does that make him a bad guy? :smile2:

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
Just because someone spouts something you disagree with doesn't make them a sellout or a con man. For the average, scripted person, investing is a tool to grow your money. If done correctly, it works just very slowly. Someone cut not everyone out for the fast lane life nor does everyone want it. There are hundreds of millions of people in this world who are perfectly satisfied working a job, investing their money and retiring like the average person does. There is nothing wrong with that. In fact, those people are needed to make society to work. If not, who is going to provide key services like picking up trash or being a nurse?

Just because Tony didnt grow his wealth that way doesnt make him a hypocrite. Its because he is absolutely right. Most people arent going to be able to grow wealth any other way. Bill Billicheck was a shitty football player who never sniffed the NFL. Does it make him a sell out or hypocrite to coach a team to multiple Super Bowls using playing methods he was never capable of doing as a player? Some of the best teachers and coaches in the world are very poor at execution or used different methods in their life. You dont have to do something to teach it.

This.

Tony Robbins is respected by the biggest traders, investors and hedge fund managers in the world. People Jack Bogle, Ray Dalio, Paul Tudor, and Warren Buffet - they wouldn't give him time of day if they didn't respect him.

Also, the profits from his last book went to his Feeding America charity. All 100% of it.

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA
Kiyosaki was basically telling me that getting wealthy didn't stop with his advice alone. There was more to it.

So I eventually explored and found my way here.

It may be the same way with Tony Robbins. Self-development doesn't stop and finish with him.

In that sense, Kiyosaki did me some good, after all! :smile:
Yes, this was me as well. Still in the Navy at the time, wondering what I'd do when the country was done with me. There on the shelf was RDPD. It opened my mind to other possibilities. Fast forward to now and I'm smarter. Would I have still headed down this road had I not read RDPD? Hard to say. But I'm damned glad I found TMF and UNSCRIPTED . I only wish I had found them first.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ericaung

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Oct 6, 2018
I read Money: Master the Game by tony robbins. After I read, i was so motivated to invest into the wall street. And, I opened a brokerage account and invested $$.

After a few weeks, I started reading other finance books such as Dave Ramsey, Ramit sethi "I will teach you to be rich". Actually, Ramit book's title should be "I will sell this book to be rich" LOL!

Those books are same shit - giving misleading information to achieve financial freedom by save and hope for 50 years.

"The Millionaire fast lane" and "Unscripted " are the books which completely change my mindset.

In real life, people hate the people who are telling the unpleasant true facts. They love people who are telling the comfort lies.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
does that make him a bad guy?

J-FN-C, In light of the responses here, it's clear I can't disagree with someone's actions or advice (especially the Cult of Robbins) without being lumped in with a whole slew of other strawman arguments that I never made.
  • I never said he hasn't helped millions (hell, I was one of them.)
  • I never said he was a scammer or a bad guy.
  • I never "called anyone out"
  • I never said his exhaustive resume of accomplishments/businesses/book sales was somehow unimpressive, or something to be ignored
  • I never said that "saving money" is ridiculous -- I purport the same thing, just for different purposes.
  • I never said that investing is ridiculous.
  • I never said his body of work, programs, businesses had no merit.
  • I never said his charity work had no merit.
  • I never said Tony Robbins' (and by association, Kung Fu Steve) followers where fools. (I believe someone else said that)
I view his recent lane-change and sell-out into mainstream financial dogma hypocritical and duplicitous.

Simple statement, simple opinion.

Not everyone will agree with it, just like not everyone agrees with what I wrote in my own work.

Clearly the market for average advice targeted to an average audience is much larger than people open to entrepreneurship. So I understand the move; why target an audience that might represent 7% of the population when you can target 100% of it?

Noah Kagan walked out on Tony Robbins:

Why I Walked Out on Tony Robbins
(I didn't read the comments there but I wonder if he was crucified for it?)

I'm walking out on Tony's financial advice, so I'm a bit confused on the reaction here.

Obviously the comment on his follower's being fools doesn't deserve any play, but that seems to be what folks are gravitating to as the central theme of this thread. Some took it personally. Others used it to extrapolate that opinion to the forum itself. Clearly that isn't so.

That said, will I buy anything Tony Robbins related to financial matters? No.

Will I buy something from him related to business building, motivational psychology, breaking mental barriers, etc.? Maybe.

Three weeks ago I did a podcast (before this thread) and was asked to recommend a book for people struggling. I recommended Awaken The Giant Within. If I thought he was a scammer or a "bad guy" (or had no value) why on earth would I do that?

I'm tired of having one statement of opinion...

I view his recent lane-change and sell-out into mainstream financial dogma hypocritical and duplicitous.

raked over the coals as if I'm calling his followers idiots, fools, or whatever. Or as if that opinion represents the entirety of the forum. It's my opinion, and mine only. Some agree, some don't, some are in between.

But Tony helped me!!!! Yea? He helped me too!!!! We can scream and do a power slap together!

Thread closed for I fear by next week someone will imply that the forum has video of TR with underage girls, causing more pearl clutching, more finger-pointing, and more resume reiteration.

I read Money: Master the Game by tony robbins. After I read, i was so motivated to invest into the wall street. And, I opened a brokerage account and invested $$.

That still isn't a bad idea. TR and I just disagree on its purposes. But for life long Slowlaners, there's nothing else unless they win the lottery or get paid a CEO salary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.