• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Tony Robbins Fans? Unleash the Power?

Discussion in 'General Mindset, Motivation, Beliefs' started by Y.B., Mar 25, 2014.

1. Bearcorp

Bearcorp Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,916
    People need to save the salt for their tequilas! Leave it off the forum :rofl:

Sheens likes this.
  2. 404profound

404profound Gold Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $5,344
    I said nothing about MJ's book. It has the same effect for me. But uh, when someone gathers you into a room and chants ra ra ra and has you walk on hot coals, I have to call bullshit.

3. 404profound

Rep Bank:
    $5,344
    Yea, I've seen events where he has people walk on hot coals and do chants. If that's not the makings of a cult, idk what is. Nothing he offers (especially at his fees) are beyond what a Joe Schmo leadership coach should be able to offer for a fraction of the price.

Xeon and ProcessPro like this.
  4. 404profound

Rep Bank:
    $5,344
    What does he do that's helpful? Not being sarcastic, I actually want to hear that viewpoint.

Xeon likes this.
  5. rogue synthetic

rogue synthetic * Not actually Rutger Hauer Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,122
    404, I'm not going to rag on you and I'm going to try and honestly answer this question for you. I'm saying that in case anything I say makes you feel like I'm attacking you. Not that I plan to be rude, just covering bases.

First of all, up until maybe a year ago I agreed with you completely. I knew who Tony was, vaguely, and most of that was the same impression you've got right now. I come from a long history of skepticism towards gurus and anything popular. It's hard for me to overcome those nagging feelings.

That said, I've had the experience over the last 9 months of getting a closer exposure to Tony's work and it has completely changed my opinion of him. @ZCP is coming at this from the same place I am and he's seen it work for himself.

I say that while acknowledging that I will probably never spend big bucks to work closely with Tony, for all the reasons you name.

That said, his books and some of his reasonably-priced digital products are life-changers. Don't discount him because he's casting the net wide to reach the masses. It may look shameless, even ugly to us...but we're not always the target market.

I say life-changing because, for me, it was. And I say that to you directly, knowing you've had some personal struggles of your own to deal with. Some of the issues you've talked about remind me of myself in another lifetime.. I can tell you that if you give the material an honest chance -- turn off the "NO BS" filter and give it a really honest shot -- it can take you to a new place.

If you think I've just fallen for another guru, let me know and I'll tell you all the things I think are wrong with Tony's work, in excruciating detail. (Thing is, seeing what I've seen of the guy, he probably wouldn't argue with me.)

Recognizing faults doesn't mean you can't the appreciate gems. Which is a lesson I wish more Fastlaners would learn in general.

Hyrum, NMdad, Roz and 3 others like this.
  6. 404profound

Rep Bank:
    $5,344
    I appreciate the response. I get the sense I'm not working with complete data. What book(s) do you recommend? I want to see where you're coming from.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019 at 9:17 AM
    ZCP and Xeon like this.
  7. rogue synthetic

rogue synthetic * Not actually Rutger Hauer Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,122
    I'd point you back at @Kung Fu Steve 's response back on page one, for a quick review. The place to start would be (IMO) Awaken the Giant Within, with Unlimited Power as a close second. You can probably grab a copy of either for under 10 bucks or grab it from the library if you've got a decent one nearby.

Raoul Duke and Roz like this.
  8. Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke Motherf*cking CEO of K-SWISS Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $8,293
    [​IMG]

ExaltedLife likes this.
  9. Xeon

Xeon All Cars Kneel Before Pagani. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $10,210
    If you're self-motivated you're self-motivated.
    If you're not, you're not.

Nothing Tony can do to change your whole life around any more than a pastor can touch your leg and you go "Oohh! I can see now! I can finally walk after being bedridden for 45 yrs!"

The thing to learn from Tony is not self-motivation or self-improvement, confidence or optimism..... it's about learning how to build your personal brand that can charm others, his style of marketing, what makes the masses bow to him and do as he commands, what is it that he has that makes people feel good and come back for more, and how he is able to make even veteran businessmen and celebs submit to him.

If one can apply even some of these know-hows to their business, it would likely go up by leaps and bounds.

I just started reading this book called Brand Seduction after seeing another member drop the recommendation in another post. It seems Tony has built a "brand fantasy" as what is mentioned in the book......

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019 at 3:34 AM
    404profound likes this.
  10. Kung Fu Steve

Kung Fu Steve Platinum Contributor Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $27,865
    You are arguing from a deep well of ignorance, my friend.

Our next event in Singapore, I'll get you a ticket for free. Send me a message.

Bearcorp, Vigilante, Roz and 2 others like this.
  11. Xeon

Xeon All Cars Kneel Before Pagani. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $10,210
    I appreciate your kindness and gesture, but a couple years ago (last year I think?), there was a Tony Robbins event (UPW) in Singapore, near my old workplace, and..., I just shake my head at these guys for those few days when I walk pass the venue (it was at Expo that time).

I'm definitely not a TR prospect or a lead, but I have to stress that I admire the things TR and his team are doing, not everyone has the charisma he does. In fact, I would say among all the folks I've seen in action in my life, he is the most charismatic of all.
    :thumbsup:

404profound likes this.
  12. ExaltedLife

ExaltedLife Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,495
    Tony Robbins helps people like a Baptist Pastor exorcises demons: he makes you feel like your life is irrevocably changed. For the people who function on belief instead of conviction, this actually does help them, but it only entrenches their bigger problem: they're emotionalists.

Kevin88660, Xeon and 404profound like this.
  13. Kevin88660

Kevin88660 Bronze Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $649
    I used to be a Tony fan when Im in college. Now I still hold a largely positive view of him but I do see the shortfalls of his teaching. I read some of his books. I attended the wealth mastery seminar paid by my client, who is a devout Tony fan.

He offer decently good advices. He does believes in them after interviewing many successful people. I see the quality in the advice. But Wealth Mastery is quite problematic. Aside from being a slowlaner mantra, it offers contradictory advices. The course teach you to diversify but the some legends in the interview said otherwise. So what to do?

Psychology- It surely is beneficial if you never had attended such a training before. For someone who has no goal in life or with a defeatist attitude, Tony’s medicine will be a good cure. But beyond that....honestly it adds little value and it can dangerously lead to a path of mental masturbation. Motivational guru always avoid telling people that ultimately you have to eat the “shit” to progress and make a difference. Thats why I prefer MJ and Gary Vaynerchuk who do not hide on this. Don’t be lazy and do the work. Oh no its not about lazyness. It is the “limiting belief” and “wrong emotional state”. True to a small extend but they are trying to hide the core issue as a technical issue.

14. rogue synthetic

Rep Bank:
    $6,122
    Tell us about your experience. What did you try that didn't work?

You have read the material and tried it, right?

You aren't just making passive-aggressive swipes from the sidelines with none of your own skin in the game, right?

Share your experiences and tell us what you tried that didn't work out, and what worked better, so you can add some value instead of trying to show everyone how wise and profound you are.

15. 404profound

Rep Bank:
    $5,344
    I've read some of Unleash the Power Within. From what I can tell his strategy is to hook into your insecuritie
    Well played.

richRich and Xeon like this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.