The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.
A post of a ranting nature...

lydialeads

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
May 29, 2019
100%

People have no self esteem + they're lazy. That's where it comes from.
Very insightful stuff in this thread. Joined a few days ago with a low self-esteem even though TMF got me pumped. Mental fortitude is so important. Learning a lot in this forum; so glad I joined. As MJ mentions in TMF , the content in the scams don't work, but selling them does. So glad to have a greater vision now!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
689%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Don't read books was NOT my message.

Don't just keep on reading without action, was the message.

In case I wasn't clear.

Fair enough - didn’t mean to misquote you.

I was more directing that rant at the “anti books/courses” people in general.

Seems to be a reaction to the amount of spammy courses being pushed but at the same time going the other extreme is not a great move either. Books are possibly the highest ROI you can make in yourself.

Same with courses - you got $10 courses these days that can show you everything you need to know about using a software or how to design X. It’s pretty amazing.

Sure there is some “noise” right now when it comes to picking the right course or book but at the same time the ability to learn has never been so accessible.

I think it’s a first world problem to complain about spammy courses when many parts of the world (and of course previous generations) had very little or no access to education.

Cut through the noise and invest in yourself with great specific knowledge to move yourself forward. Don’t let shady marketers turn you off from picking up a book or learning a new skill.

Einfamilienhaus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Feb 8, 2019
View: https://youtu.be/DuLzOUYKfyc

Personal Development is not measurable? But other wise should it be?

And

Like he said in another video. If you want personal success like making more money. Why spending time with personal development?

I never have thought about it and I'm totally confused right now

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
689%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
If you want personal success like making more money. Why spending time with personal development?

Are these real questions?

Yes if you want to make money you also need to work on yourself.

That is super basic.

If you don't think you need to work on (and learn about) goal setting, motivation, discipline, habits then prepare to get absolutely destroyed in business by those who have been working hard to dial those areas in.

Meanwhile Dan the man is happy to sell courses himself... The Official Website of Dan Pena. Founder of QLA Methodology | Dan Pena

But those are the real success courses I am sure lol

This dude just has his own unique "shout and curse" anti-guru marketing angle.

---

I think a lot of people are being sold HEAVY on "not being sold".

Someone comes in telling you that you DONT need to do anything or invest anything so they can gain trust.

Hey man you don't need any of this success stuff - you're already good enough to get exactly what you want

Then once they have your trust they sell you on their "anti" success system.

Tons of top gurus do this. They know their market is scared of being sold yet another useless course or seminar so they start off telling you that you don't need to buy ANYTHING. Its all inside you already bro.

If they can sell you on that then they got you.

(paging guru hunter @Lex DeVille)

---

As has been said by @MJ DeMarco and many others on here - focus on learning specific knowledge while taking action that is relevant to the stage you are at.

#rantover

Bertram

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 25, 2015
Virginia
Brilliant post. Guilty as charged. For too many people is action faking - it becomes and end unto itself, rather than a means to an end.

Brilliant post. Guilty as charged. For too many people is action faking - it becomes and end unto itself, rather than a means to an end. It can be useful, but too much is entrepreneurial masturbation.
a 1Qqq
Very insightful stuff in this thread. Joined a few days ago with a low self-esteem even though TMF got me pumped. Mental fortitude is so important. Learning a lot in this forum; so glad I joined. As MJ mentions in TMF , the content in the scams don't work, but selling them does. So glad to have a greater vision now!

I think action is more important than feeling, but feeling isolated or weak or frustrated has a negative impact on anyone. The personal development industry is led by a few compassionate and loving souls with extraordinary levels of energy and business savvy. Their pep talks can completely change negative moods. But it is up to you to determine the minimum dosage of feel-good learning that that kicks you into gear or relieves discomfort without preventing action. I am coming out of a six-year period in which I experienced 8 out of the 10 top negative events that human beings can experience in life. Listening to a half hour of top level business advice daily is a sweet experience and currently essential for my peace of mind.

lydialeads

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
May 29, 2019
a 1Qqq

I think action is more important than feeling, but feeling isolated or weak or frustrated has a negative impact on anyone. The personal development industry is led by a few compassionate and loving souls with extraordinary levels of energy and business savvy. Their pep talks can completely change negative moods. But it is up to you to determine the minimum dosage of feel-good learning that that kicks you into gear or relieves discomfort without preventing action. I am coming out of a six-year period in which I experienced 8 out of the 10 top negative events that human beings can experience in life. Listening to a half hour of top level business advice daily is a sweet experience and currently essential for my peace of mind.
Wow, thanks for resonding to my post. Yea, I don't know if it's because I'm a woman and my emotions are stronger (or that could just be me shifting blame onto my gender as I know there are plenty of men who have strong[er] emotions though they may be channeled differently). Gender is not my point though. Ignoring or denying our emotions I don't think is the answer either.

I don't know what your top 10 negative things are, but I've been through hell myself, one being abuse. And I've talked to "professionals" who've tried to help, but at the end of the day, it's me that's left. And using MJ's "F*ck This" mentality (I'm currently reading UNSCRIPTED ), my middle finger shoots up to those that are so damn negative and I'm not afraid to look 'em dead in the eye while doing so. So I joined this forum hoping for positive encouragement and it's been good so far.

But someone tried to scam me with his F*cking million dollar internet business yesterday. Beware. I still believe that a lot of good is in this forum though.

Maybe I give off a vulnerable vibe because I'm honest and that makes me easy prey to scammers. Shit, I even said I have low-self esteem here. So I've been selective of what I post here because you never know who's behind the screen: scammers. They make millions. But I believe that goes against MJ's Fastlane philosophy, if I'm not mistaken, since he addresses helping mankind and solving problems and needs instead of focusing on money first. I don't know how scamming people equates to helping mankind.

Anyway, if you're still reading, this is the first long post I've written since joining this forum. If my words here helped you, that's great. If not, then I still wish you goodness. I know it sounds so cliche to "be more positive", but when you're going through hell, I think we really need make extra effort to be positive and hopeful. Life is too short to let negative people (sidewalkers, slowlaners, blind AF MFs, and maybe even some Fastlaners who think they have it all figured out) bring you down. I refuse to be victimized. Life can be beautiful.

I'm glad you have an outlet to gain peace of mind. Keep reading MJ's books if you haven't yet. Reread them even. I know execution and putting things into action is all the buzz around here, but you first have to deal with the reality you're facing. Focus razor sharp and take it one step at a time, one day at a time.

Bertram

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 25, 2015
Virginia
Thank you for the feedback including compassionate identification plus encouragement. I have MJ's books. He is kinda like St. John the Baptist, except that no one else had to invent his calling for him then persuade him to do it.

It would be amazing if you turned out to be a scammer too!

I'm guessing you probably did not anticipate this comment.

Men and women do not sound any other way than as they choose. It is possible to sound like a woman without off-gassing fear and vulnerability. But there is an epidemic habit of mind for women, at every social echelon, to expect that they will be taken advantage of or perceived as weak and mentally inferior by whomever is listening no matter what their message is. It is a mind game we play to lose focus or step out of the arena.

I sound like a guy, right?

Very best of luck. Thanks for the rant.

Last edited:

Vick360

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 27, 2019
This book 'The Entrepreneur Roller Coaster' is Not included In the fastlane bookshelf why? I only buy books i see there. I have bought all the books In there except one.

Last edited:

guy93777

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jun 5, 2019
Dan Pena stated best, what can't be measured, can't be accomplished.

View: https://youtu.be/zJyCOBGovZM

this isn't so obvious in life.

we can't measure love but people say "they are in love with their partner" . hmmm...

this is an achievement without a system of measurement.

moreover, a legal contract like marriage doesn't mean that people are still in love after a while

hmmmm....

rogue synthetic

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
310%
Aug 2, 2017
I think a lot of people are being sold HEAVY on "not being sold".

Someone comes in telling you that you DONT need to do anything or invest anything so they can gain trust.

Hey man you don't need any of this success stuff - you're already good enough to get exactly what you want

Then once they have your trust they sell you on their "anti" success system.

Tons of top gurus do this. They know their market is scared of being sold yet another useless course or seminar so they start off telling you that you don't need to buy ANYTHING. Its all inside you already bro.

Yes. Bingo.

The market-savvy ironic-hipster stereotypes haunting Reddit think they can see through all the marketing techniques.

They don't fall for any of that emotion-tapping identity-leading stuff...

...until the emotions and identities the sales letter taps belong to the market-savvy ironic hipster stereotypes haunting Reddit.

You ever hear that old saw about how the more intelligent and skeptical person is EASIER to sell to than the dimmer bulbs? Here's why.

Vick360

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 27, 2019
I only buy books recommended by fastlane bookshelf, all other books Are craps to me.

John D.

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Aug 26, 2016
Most self-help books are published with the aim to breed info-junkies hungry for the next hack, shortcut, silver bullet.

They are people looking for that instant fix that will change their lives at the snap of fingers -- like a deus ex machina appearing from the blue skies that finally makes everything effortless and easy. (Which never happens.)

Only self-help book that actually helped me (and I've read A LOT) is a little collection of essays titled The Art of Taking Action by Gregg Krech.

It's basically Eastern psychology's take on defeating inaction by detaching yourself from thoughts and emotions instead of 'solving' them.

It worked wonderfully to overcome my crippling procrastination and made me realize there is no 'secret' to productivity. Might do a summary post on it as I think it will help a lot of people on here.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
There are some Personal Dev products that do work, but honestly you're better off just going to therapy. Therapy will help you do better in biz (really.)

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA
But lately I have been thinking, how did guys like Andrew Carnegie, John Rockefeller, Henry Ford get super rich, in times when there were no books or courses on how to get rich.
Some people don't need books or courses, even today. Some people naturally see through a different lens. Others need some help. Many never learn.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.