The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Google requires 20 testers for Android personal developer accounts

A post of a ranting nature...

srodrigo

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Sep 11, 2018
Another rug pull (a.k.a. using Control to screw you up). Now Google will require Android developers with personal accounts provide 20 testers for 2 weeks in order to release their apps.

Wait until they do the same for small businesses. I spent two weeks retraining into mobile and finishing up a half-done app. Probably time to make it a web app instead.

I understand they want to curate the store, but there are other ways.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
Another rug pull (a.k.a. using Control to screw you up). Now Google will require Android developers with personal accounts provide 20 testers for 2 weeks in order to release their apps.

Wait until they do the same for small businesses. I spent two weeks retraining into mobile and finishing up a half-done app. Probably time to make it a web app instead.

I understand they want to curate the store, but there are other ways.

Is this an opportunity for some sort of testing agency?

Choate

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Mar 25, 2014
Boston
Can’t see the appeal of going to the Android or Apple Store. You would already be giving up massive control, this latest change just makes it more obvious. Users don’t want to install more apps on their devices.

srodrigo

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Sep 11, 2018
Can’t see the appeal of going to the Android or Apple Store. You would already be giving up massive control, this latest change just makes it more obvious. Users don’t want to install more apps on their devices.
There are quite a few appeals for users, unfortunately (trusted digital store, native experience, not having to type your credit card again, etc.). For developers, not so many.

Tau Ceti

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
330%
Sep 15, 2014
Stockholm, Sweden
I am not sure how this new requirement will play out. If you need to release a critical fix, you can't wait 2 weeks to release it.

Where I work we release fixes on a daily basis and the builds spend maybe 24h to 48H in testing phase maximum.

srodrigo

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Sep 11, 2018
I am not sure how this new requirement will play out. If you need to release a critical fix, you can't wait 2 weeks to release it.

Where I work we release fixes on a daily basis and the builds spend maybe 24h to 48H in testing phase maximum.
This is the main reason why I love the web. If you've got a good deployment pipeline, changes go live within minutes. Software that goes on digital stores, specially mobile ones, is quite a pain.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.