The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The lifestyle, hobbies, and fun thread.

mikecarlooch

Apprentice & Student Of The Game
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
346%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
This picture I took today represents the Fastlane life to me.

Around 3 years ago I read the millionaire Fastlane and something about the book really hit me. I was into self development books already and I was working a sales job at the time that I really hated. My dreams of becoming an entrepreneur were put to the side in that time because I was blinded by the bonus structure “If only I can get 3 new customers in today, then I will make €600,- or €144k/yr, If I invest that amount in index fun.. ^#*#*# SLAP IN MY FACE.

The MFF gave me the spark again. It then took 1.5 year of mental masturbation and an FTE experience to get really focused.

In the other 1.5 year I set up a business that brought me more income than I could dream of, more potential for further growth, a location independent lifestyle & total freedom in regards of spending budget. (I just don’t really long designer wear and other expensive stuff/experiences people buy).

Together with my girlfriend I traveled around SEA this month while my business continued to operate. I worked maybe 1-3hours everyday, and the sunlight did wonders for our feelings of wellbeing. We decided to move to Portugal after we come back from Asia.

Sometimes I can still be a little bitch that is always complaining, but when I realize how fast everything went I can’t help but say: It wasn’t all that bad. The time of struggle to better your position and get your business off the ground is something that you will cherish after you reach a certain level of succes.

I’m not there yet fully as I basically only had 1 good Fastlane year, but when I look at the skills I acquired last year then I’m fairly confident that I could do it over in less time if I go bankrupt tomorrow.

In the end that’s what this life is about. Developing yourself, striving to become better each day, making money and then doing good things with it.

I’m so unbelievably thankful to @MJ DeMarco for writing your books. And I am maybe even more thankful for the Fastlane community here that motivated me with your progress threads, insightful posts and ‘internet connection’ at times when I felt lonely in my pursuit of Entrepreneurship.

This post got a bit longer than anticipated, but I’m just feeling so goddamn happy right now. All my hard work paid off. And I hope yours will to! Stay strong, grind, laugh & kick a$$ amigo’s❤️!

View attachment 54462
Love it.

I go to key west florida every year with family and have always had the dream of going there as a true fastlane entrepreneur.

Just the thought of sitting there after all of the hard work, building and automating the business, sitting at a restaurant getting that ding on my phone that a $1000 order just came in.

The best part.. It feels like it can be real now.. very soon

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
1000007370.jpg
I always thought I was bad at math.

For those not from Germany, the 15 means A+ on the math exam.

Growth mindset and hard work makes it possible.
This is while I am doing business so there's no excuses why others can't do this as well. No reason or need to drop out for a chance at success.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
In November, for the first time in my life, I started running. I struggled to complete a single mile without walking. I literally started from nothing.

Yesterday, I completed The Woodlands Half-Marathon. It was slow, and I had a bad day, but it's done.

More important was the process of running hundreds of miles in training, which was the real life change that I intend to continue. I also had a great coach, my brother, who basically hung out with me for 13.1 miles yesterday without breaking a sweat.

Looking forward to either a full marathon next year, or a lot faster and easier half.

If I can do this, you can.

1000005844.jpg

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
In November, for the first time in my life, I started running. I struggled to complete a single mile without walking. I literally started from nothing.

Yesterday I completed The Woodlands Half Marathon. It was slow, and I had a bad day, but it's done.

More important was the process of running hundreds of miles in training, which was the real life change. That I intend to continue. I also had a great coach, my brother, who basically hung out with me for 13.1 miles yesterday without breaking a sweat.

Looking forward to either a full marathon next year, or a lot faster and easier half.

View attachment 54584

I've moved this to the Lifestyle thread, congrats on the finish!

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas

Yesterday, I completed The Woodlands Half-Marathon. It was slow, and I had a bad day, but it's done.

More important was the process of running hundreds of miles in training, which was the real life change that I intend to continue. I also had a great coach, my brother, who basically hung out with me for 13.1 miles yesterday without breaking a sweat.

View attachment 54584
Impressive! I hope to walk a 5k this year. Congrats Kak.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
Evening walk … some days are just nice IMG_3154.jpeg

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
View attachment 54476

This is while I am doing business so there's no excuses why others can't do this as well. No reason or need to drop out for a chance at success.
Wow! I had one word different to my teachers script and got the 14 only. So 15 is really good!

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED: BUCKET LIST ITEM—It only took me 35+ years but I finally saw Journey in concert (VIP 9th row center!) IMO, one of the best rock bands to ever play in the last century. Two band members are in their 70s and its amazing that they could still put on quite a show.

It was sold out and I'm sure every one of us who grew up in the 80s and 90s felt like we were instantly transported into a TIME MACHINE. Side note: Achieving your bucket list items should be within your control, so I got lucky on this one that a band from yesteryear still was willing and able to share their talent with the world.

I'll never see Van Halen. :-(

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED: BUCKET LIST ITEM—It only took me 35+ years but I finally saw Journey in concert (VIP 9th row center!) IMO, one of the best rock bands to ever play in the last century. Two band members are in their 70s and its amazing that they could still put on quite a show.

It was sold out and I'm sure every one of us who grew up in the 80s and 90s felt like we were instantly transported into a TIME MACHINE. Side note: Achieving your bucket list items should be within your control, so I got lucky on this one that a band from yesteryear still was willing and able to share their talent with the world.

I'll never see Van Halen.
Journey is cool. Styx still does a good show too.

Sirrom

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
372%
Dec 5, 2020
IMG_3015.jpeg

Visiting suppliers of my new energy storage battery brand in China. Amazing to see the scale of these operations. It inspires me to the bone. There is so much possible in the world guys!!

Attachments

• IMG_2976.jpeg
    IMG_2976.jpeg
    244.1 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_2953.jpeg
    IMG_2953.jpeg
    176.4 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_2972.jpeg
    IMG_2972.jpeg
    208.1 KB · Views: 47

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
631%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
View attachment 54789

Visiting suppliers of my new energy storage battery brand in China. Amazing to see the scale of these operations. It inspires me to the bone. There is so much possible in the world guys!!

That pic has no business going so unbelievably hard

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
1000007966.jpg
Final week of my school life.
We are dressing with a theme every day of this week.
Today's was pj's.
Can you find subsonic in this picture, who though the theme was something different ?
As an excuse I kept saying "Vampire's don't sleep" when others asked if those were my pj's.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
View attachment 54800
Final week of my school life.
We are dressing with a theme every day of this week.
Today's was pj's.
Can you find subsonic in this picture, who though the theme was something different ?
As an excuse I kept saying "Vampire's don't sleep" when others asked if those were my pj's.

In black in the top hat, near the far right?

NervesOfSteel

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Aug 26, 2023
View attachment 54476

Great Going!

piano

Trying to find the right notes
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
Happy April's Fools!

I, @Spenny and @constant have been playing a game called Lethal Company and think you might find it really funny.

It's also edited by me, so please consider an upvote if you found it entertaining : )

Oh and before we start, a foreword by Spenny!

The game is a high-stress horror game; if you die, you're out of the round, and if you all die, you lose all of your loot. The stakes are high, and alongside that, you have monsters chasing after you, trying to kill you. Any death or injury can cost you the game. Be advised that there will be a lot of swearing and screaming. Enjoy!

View: https://youtu.be/7pcT6cj5y0g?si=OXmq2V5c4KBWxFnm

JunkBoxJoey_JBJ

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jul 9, 2018
  1. Went for a drive
  2. Mexican restaurant
  3. Margarita
Nope - it is not... (we just found her parked in the street)

1712348721546.jpeg
@MJ DeMarco

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ

Sirrom

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
372%
Dec 5, 2020
I just had the best flight of my life. Together with my best friend we flew from Dubai to Amsterdam in Emirates first class.

The experience was unbelievably comfortable. I also got these slippers that are amazing. I am so full of all the food
IMG_3479.jpeg

Attachments

• DB782E82-7BA6-4FA1-888B-928A04D1C8F8.jpeg
    DB782E82-7BA6-4FA1-888B-928A04D1C8F8.jpeg
    100.7 KB · Views: 10

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
May 27, 2013
United States
The experience was unbelievably comfortable. I also got these slippers that are amazing. I am so full of all the food
Was this one of the flights where you get to take a shower on the plane?

Ravens_Shadow

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
642%
Oct 2, 2012
Austin, TX
As of late I've restored my ferrari to the point where it has no mechanical issues and I've been driving the shit out of it. Taking it out to a car meet tomorrow and just enjoy the day with it!

1712462157050.png

1712462214158.png

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Perks of the job. The outdoors looks amazing. After working non-stop these past few years I hardly made the choice to get out. Moments like these makes it worth it.

Attachments

• 20240417_124633.jpg
    20240417_124633.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 24
  • 20240412_121522.jpg
    20240412_121522.jpg
    257.9 KB · Views: 24
  • 20240412_121530.mp4
    15.3 MB · Views: 0

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Great on you @ZackerySprague for being in the moment and the perspective.

You don't see any riots, homeless encampments, drug deals going down, poop on the sidewalk, graffiti, and any threat of getting mugged --- looks pretty awesome to me!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.