The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

We could do this for growth and fun?! (30 Day Challenges)

fenophter

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Aug 23, 2020
Malaysia
Could you possibly meditate in the first hour you're awake?

Meditation is a great habit but I am having a hard time building it up.

This question sounds dumb but anyway...
How are you going to keep yourself awake during meditation,
especially when you're meditating right after waking up in the morning?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
And are you giving yourself the credit you deserve for the things you are doing?!!

Story of my therapy sessions! The answer is always no. I'm programmed to reach a goal and immediately start worrying about what's next that I should be doing. So I got the place, but now I'm planning how to manage the repair financing. Once I'm done with that I'll see if I can switch to part-time finally. But I can tell you I'll be thinking of what's next to raise rent. Meanwhile I'm going up the painting steps, so I'm constantly thinking of what's next on that end.

I have to stop to enjoy what I've accomplished. Another reason why I need to meditate as much as I need to work on staying hydrated. So simple and yet!

Could you possibly meditate in the first hour you're awake?

It's the goal. It's what my bf does and it's what I'd like to do as well. No excuses for that I'm just very low on will power lately lol

WhoDatBoy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Jun 17, 2020
The Netherlands
Have you tried not ordering food in and cooking healthy meals for an entire week? Tried intermittent fasting? You mentioned meditating for 10 minutes a day, have you tried to go over 30 minutes or follow an online guided meditation? Is there a subject that you've never studied and could be important for your business? Any physical challenge like yoga, dancing, or lifting at home that would be different for you? Try an artistic talent of music, drawing, painting..? Do you follow a dedicated morning routine?

Great suggestions! I really appreciate it. Starting on monday I want to try some new things.

I am currently bulking and I tracked my food intake for 2 days, because I was unsure if I met my protein intake. Turns out I do, but I am actually getting in too many calories (almost 4500 kcal instead of 3500 kcal). Therefore, I will try intermittent fasting (16:8) for a week and see how it feels. I have tried it before, but never consistently.

Sleep is also something I want to improve, so I will try out an evening routine. It will look something like this:

10.00PM: No more screens (and other bright lights)
11.00PM: Supplements (200mg L-Theanine, 500mg Magnesium Bisglycinate and optional: CBD drops)
11.00PM-11.30PM: Reading
11.30PM-11.45PM: Meditation
11.45PM: Go to bed

Furthermore, I will cut out added sugars for a week and do Wim Hof guided breathing sessions every morning.

The main reason I want to try these things is to get a more stable mood, because I notice all this isolation is starting to impact me mentally (don't worry, I'm okay). It's getting harder to balance different aspects of my life and it impacts my work ethic and discipline.

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Meditation is a great habit but I am having a hard time building it up.

This question sounds dumb but anyway...
How are you going to keep yourself awake during meditation,
especially when you're meditating right after waking up in the morning?
Don't lay down! I like laying down because it's easier on my back... bad idea. Sitting down on the armchair is enough for me to not fall asleep. I can't fall asleep sitting down easily, idk you.

One thing I've read is that if you fall asleep... let it be. It happens and it's fine. Kinda like "oh you got distracted? Don't be mad just come back". Well you fell asleep? No biggie.

Another thing I do is for example assume a finger position such as thumb and middle finger together but relaxed. You can't relax enough that you fall asleep without losing the position so I think it's like a simple task that keeps you awake.

WhoDatBoy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Jun 17, 2020
The Netherlands
Another thing I do is for example assume a finger position such as thumb and middle finger together but relaxed. You can't relax enough that you fall asleep without losing the position so I think it's like a simple task that keeps you awake.
Damn I am going to try this, great idea haha

fenophter

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Aug 23, 2020
Malaysia

andyhaus44

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
May 17, 2017
St. Charles, MO
I'm doing pretty good. Had one small slip up when hanging out with friends who were smoking, but I just accepted it without resentment. I'm happy with the progress I am making, and the new habits I am forming. Also, I must admit I did not meditate everyday, but I definitely do meditate most days now.

The 7 day challenge sounds fun, but I must say I can't think of anything I never did before that I can actually try out in these quarantine times. Any suggestions?
How about writing down your food intake or expenses?

WhoDatBoy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Jun 17, 2020
The Netherlands
How about writing down your food intake or expenses?
Will definitely combine the intermittent fasting with food tracking, so that I can properly adjust my diet where it's needed. I'm a student living at home, so I barely have any expenses at the moment haha. As soon as I start spending money again it is a great idea, because I need to become more conscious of unnecessary expenses.

Thanks for the suggestions!

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Day 29!! who is still with us?!

i have 3 items all 28 days logged so far.
missed a few days logging my food.
28 straight days of 1. smile at someone (mindset) 2. say no (business) 3. review zp poster (mindset) 4. count calories (health)

the streaks app is awesome. pings and reminds me each day. asks if i want to do things twice a day. really pushes me. nice app.

Sheens

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Jan 13, 2018
USA
Finishing strong on Day 30?!!!!!

Incredibly proud of everyone that started and re-started!

Look at how many didn't even give it a go or stopped trying after it became inconvenient. Not you!!

Life gets pretty inconvenient, especially when you own your own business. How you respond to the inconveniences sets you miles apart from the ones that feel too overwhelmed, trapped, or even give up. We all reach versions of those blockades. Having discipline and a strong mindset get us through.

Want to go again? I really loved the saying no and 30 min skill work for the this first round and will keep those and add more. Will post again this week when those are chosen!

And anyone want to try a brand new task for 7 days?

Sounds too fun to pass up, lol! Join up and let us know : )

WhoDatBoy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Jun 17, 2020
The Netherlands
Big thanks to you @Sheens for this thread. It served me very well, as it showed me once again how powerful small changes to our behaviour can be. This is especially true over longer periods of time, of course, as I will undoubtedly find out in a couple of years.

I will definitely post again when I have a definitive plan for building my next new habits.

Things that I will continue working on for now are control of my impulses (e.g. facing the problem when stressed out, instead of seeking distraction), meditation and journaling, and a better sleep schedule.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
@Sheens what is our next challenge? 30 days? what are we doing?

Sheens

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Jan 13, 2018
USA
Yes! 30 more days!

With schedules pretty crazy at this time of there year, I won't set any dates. Just post up a date here when you start!

Of course, anyone and everyone welcome to join and choose there own options!

@AnneC had mentioned focusing on a physical challenge for the next one and that's going to be my primary as well! Started this awesome routine recommended by @WillHurtDontCare and will be doing this 3 days per week and another workout 3 other days and one rest/full stretch day!

For mindset and something brand new for 7 days, going to listen to guided yoga nidra before going to sleep...might extend that to full 30 days!

Going to be intermittent fasting and saying 'no' to a biz distraction daily.

Is anyone interested in doing a water fast for 1-3 days next week?

Sheens

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Jan 13, 2018
USA
Awesome @Sethamus!

I am looking for a mindset goal I can add though.

Is there an area of mindset you feel would help you most right now?

Examples might be focusing on states, why's, meditation, limiting beliefs, commitment, subconscious, gratitude, motivation ... if we can narrow it down a little should be easier to set a more specific goal : )

AnneC

Conscious
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
392%
Jan 3, 2012
USA
I decided on 30 days of morning stretching, plus a short yoga routine at night. I will continue with the IF, since it’s just become normal now. Thanks @Sheens for starting this!

Sheens

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Jan 13, 2018
USA
You're welcome @AnneC! So good to see you've enjoyed. You're amazing at hitting goals and continually adjusting while setting the next ones!!

Did you find your mindset goal @Sethamus?!

@ZCP you're off of your bulk week now? You doing a modified 30 day physical challenge until holidays?

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
resetting the streaks app for the following
1. count calories (going into cut mode)
2. yoga each day (have NEVER made it all the way to the end of Adriene's 30 days of yoga)
3. 1 focused hour on business growth (need to be effective, not busy!!)
4. improve someone's day

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA

Sheens

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Jan 13, 2018
USA
This is going to be incredible!

Have you guys seen @MTF 's new thread 60 Days of 60 Minutes of Meditation - Let's Not Do Anything Together ?

I'll definitely need to level up to complete this. Excited for the challenge!

Going to build a new morning routine around it. I haven't needed an alarm clock for ages.. will add that back in to make sure the routine isn't bounced around too much at the start.

I'll update both threads with fails, success, and changes as this is likely to lead to additional daily improvements : ) It's crazy how easy it is to fall back into old routines. Embracing and overcoming the resistance to change is part of why I believe we see so much growth from it... in geeky science it's referred to as neuroplasticity. Let's do it!

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
resetting the streaks app for the following
1. count calories (going into cut mode)
2. yoga each day (have NEVER made it all the way to the end of Adriene's 30 days of yoga)
3. 1 focused hour on business growth (need to be effective, not busy!!)
4. improve someone's day
failure to the failure so far ........ 1 and 4 are done each day .... 2 and 3, the only really important ones, are languishing and not getting done at all ....... need someone to ZCP me .....

Sheens

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Jan 13, 2018
USA
.... need someone to ZCP me .....

This really is a verb. Will do. I even have reinforcements in mind if you continue failing... ;)

To start, what time today are you doing your 2 and 3?

Sheens

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Jan 13, 2018
USA
This brings up really interesting patterns.

How often do we let those around us flounder, or remain in limbo, or check in with them, give them a push, ask them a provoking question... the list goes on and on for showing that we care.

We get caught up in so many other things that it sometimes really is those in the inner circle that have needs we aren't seeing or will get to later. That includes ourselves.

And there are times that we become more focused on the strangers out there than we do those close to us. We become complacent? We feel like our partner feels our love because we simply think they should? We feel like our friends are doing ok because they haven't explicitly said otherwise?

Check in with yourself, check in with your circle, and find those moments to bring lightness : )

Sheens

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Jan 13, 2018
USA
How's your yoga and business growth hour today @ZCP?

How's everyone else doing? Today is an awesome day to start or re-start!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.