The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hobbies can get complicated... then you're in the weeds with gold around your wrists

Topics related to Slowlane, Scripted mainstream dogma

ajaxLevallee

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 21, 2023
Washington, DC
I'm a cloud engineer with over 10 (maybe 15 ? matters when you start recording) years of experience in the tech industry. I'm proficient in various technologies, including cloud computing, DevOps, infrastructure automation, and some programming. I'm also a reasonably strong communicator and leader, which has brought me farther than most of the technologies I've sunk many hours into learning (the irony, I know...). The combination of these skills has given me awesome opportunities to travel and work throughout Europe and now back home on the East Coast.

While I went to a glorified art school, my real passion has been about using technology to solve problems and make people's lives easier. I'm also always looking for new ways to learn and grow. I'm here to pick up some skills, see what strikes my fancy, and maybe start a good side gig to supplement my current career. I say career because the job is great, I love what I do every day, but I want to move faster and be more. I believe that diversifying and running my own gig will help my war chest of credentials and slowly get me into higher and higher positions as time continues.

Some things I've already sunk my teeth into and figured out for the moment that this is as far as I want to go with these and leave them as the auxiliary implements in my tool shed.
  • Stock market Investments - I'm leaving this in slow investment mode, I've tried options trading and made/lost some money, but it feels like for me it needs a lot of attention for it to be as profitable as I want it to be.
  • Real estate - Just one home, looking to acquire more, but this is so cash-heavy, I don't want my debt ratio to get too off-kilter.
  • A career in Technology - Keeps things comfortable for me, and leads people to question my sanity of wanting more (Girlfriend, Family...etc), when things are so good, consistent yearly promotions, hardy COL Adjustments, bonuses, equity, benefits...etc.
If it takes ~7 sources of income to "make it" then I'm almost halfway there :) at least that is what I tell myself if I'm trying to be optimistic. The reality is I know I have a ways to go and while I remain thankful and appreciative of what I have done, I know that resting on one's laurels makes Jack a boring dude.

Where am I going first? I might give Fox's training a try, still reading over his posts, and really related to a lot of his sentiments.
What gets their attention is “here is how you can get more customers”, notI could improve your old Javascript”.

I enjoy the scalability of web businesses and I want to see what he has to offer! at minimum, I'll maybe find the inspiration to attach something to a spare domain I've had kicking around all these years.

If you're reading this and thinking there are some nice parts of this forum you think I'd enjoy! Comment on the post and let me know, right now I'm totally just in, information gathering mode, so definitely appreciate some tips from more experienced members.

Just finished up The Millionaire Fastlane ; just feeling ready to drive to the onramp of the Fastlane before my life continues to fill up with attachments and more responsibilities.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...