The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The wealth "after party". What are your non-business hobbies and passions?

V8Bill

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Feb 9, 2012
Australia
Mmmm 100 gallons of beer and BBQ and games. Better not invite me around, I may never leave...until you suggest winter camping. Then I'll thank you and wish you well.

Kids are funny.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
until you suggest winter camping. Then I'll thank you and wish you well.

That's usually where I lose people :p

Counter-intuitively, it's actually heat you have to worry about when winter camping, not the cold. Most of our temperature challenges while winter camping involves making sure we're not sweating. We clearly bring enough warm clothing to stay warm as needed but most of the day is usually spent lounging around like this:

10001376_611113135629564_900660680_n.jpg

If I recall it was around 10f in this photo.

The only time we really "bundle up" is once the sun goes down, but we have all the gear needed to stay very toasty until it's time to go to bed. Which we then strip down again for because our sleeping bags are awesome and sweating during the night sucks. We actually tried sleeping "fully geared up" the first time we went camping and we all woke up sweating harder than the warmest summer camping trips we've ever had.

V8Bill

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Feb 9, 2012
Australia
I have a 4 tap keg system in my kitchen:
I can remember having to be kind to a friend of mine when he asked me what his home brew tasted like but he eventually got the hang of it.

Rubber bands on the tap handles?

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Rubber bands on the tap handles?

I have a tap list on a chalkboard above the taps. It listed the beers as #1, #2, #3, #4 and I wrongly assumed that people were smart enough to understand that #1 = the leftmost tap. We read left to right, why the hell would they assume #1 was on the right?

Well that assumption got frustrating so I put colored bands on the taps and used colored chalk on the chalk board.

It looks less pretty but I stopped pulling my hair out answering the question "which is number one again??"

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

V8Bill

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Feb 9, 2012
Australia
Haha, that's so funny, I laughed out loud. And as the night progresses I expect they would ask (and you'd blink and shake your head) more often. Knowing what I know now about your ingenious numbering system I'd probably ask more often just to amuse myself. Of course then I'd end up in the snow laughing and mumbling to myself while you explain to your guests that "he's fine, he'll be fine - he's Australian, they're weird".

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Language learning. Starting my 4th language in a week or so. I have no goals, I do it for fun and to see the smiles on peoples' faces when I speak their language. I have some interest in travel, but not much. I don't care so much about fluency or anything, I just want to understand and be understood.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
Language learning. Starting my 4th language in a week or so. I have no goals, I do it for fun and to see the smiles on peoples' faces when I speak their language. I have some interest in travel, but not much. I don't care so much about fluency or anything, I just want to understand and be understood.
Thats great. I also forgot this one.

I have studied Russian and Spanish and currently learning Latvian.

Sent from my VTR-L29 using Tapatalk

blackbrich

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Apr 23, 2015
Southeastern USA
Like The-J. I like to learn languages as my hobby. I've been neglecting it recently, but I can still pick up a Japanese comic and understand it, so I guess I'm not too bad.

I also want to finally stop dabbling and actually learn the other languages I've been on and off again for years (Chinese, Korean, Thai, Vietnamese).

Of course I'd go traveling to the countries that speak these languages.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.