The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The best job for an aspiring entrepreneur? [Serious]

Vadim26

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Nov 23, 2018
Vancouver, BC.
Intro: Your job affects your personal relationships, health and happiness. It's very hard to be happy if your job sucks. People doing what they love tend to take better care of themselves, and overall are more happy.

I work as a mechanical engineer and find my work to be very boring and unfulfilling. No human interaction, just sitting in front of a computer all day.

The nice part about my work is the ability to work remotely, meaning 8 hours locked inside a room or sometimes coffee shop / library. For some people it can be a dream job - not needing to wake up 8 am and fight the traffic, and it also provides me with very good leverage on time, but big aspect of my work I am missing is simply human interaction.

I have hard time staying sane. Working on an online business can be a very lonely endeavour + me working remotely makes it even harder to socialize at all

What is the best job to get for a young aspiring entrepreneur? I am a social person, want to talk to people, and work in environment with 50:50 ratio of man to woman.

Would sales be a good bet? If yes, what type? The pay doesn't matter as much, as the fact as finding the work enjoyable. Preferably a job with potential to make a lot of money.

Another big aspect I am looking for is having time to work on a business after work. So flexibility is a must

I am 22 years old if anyone wondering, and have an engineering diploma.

EDIT: Mistake in the tittle. I meant "aspiring" entrepreneur.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
Anything with customer service. You learn how to deal with all kinds of people, and be attentive to their needs.

Now most people approach customer service as, "ugh I hate dealing with people! Hur dur I hate everyone."

But if you approach it like an entrepreneur, you'll see it as solving the customer's problems, and you will probably quickly excel and find yourself a position in management.

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
B2b sales was the biggest help for me moving forward with my entrepreneurial endeavors.

Cold calling, cold emailing, learning how to talk on the phone, being comfortable answering challenging questions, and the list goes on. Boiler room style, 60 to 80 calls a day, smile-and-dial operations where you absolutely dread every morning, that's the goods.

Because if you can put in the hours for some soul-sucking shit for a four or five-figure commission check that might never come, it's pretty damn easy to prospect for something you actually care about.

Also helped me see a fairly substantial gap in the market, which I started building to fill after only a few weeks working it.

jakeG

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Jan 9, 2019
Birmingham, Al
Intro: Your job affects your personal relationships, health and happiness. It's very hard to be happy if your job sucks. People doing what they love tend to take better care of themselves, and overall are more happy.

I work as a mechanical engineer and find my work to be very boring and unfulfilling. No human interaction, just sitting in front of a computer all day.

The nice part about my work is the ability to work remotely, meaning 8 hours locked inside a room or sometimes coffee shop / library. For some people it can be a dream job - not needing to wake up 8 am and fight the traffic, and it also provides me with very good leverage on time, but big aspect of my work I am missing is simply human interaction.

I have hard time staying sane. Working on an online business can be a very lonely endeavour + me working remotely makes it even harder to socialize at all

What is the best job to get for a young aspiring entrepreneur? I am a social person, want to talk to people, and work in environment with 50:50 ratio of man to woman.

Would sales be a good bet? If yes, what type? The pay doesn't matter as much, as the fact as finding the work enjoyable. Preferably a job with potential to make a lot of money.

Another big aspect I am looking for is having time to work on a business after work. So flexibility is a must

I am 22 years old if anyone wondering, and have an engineering diploma.

EDIT: Mistake in the tittle. I meant "aspiring" entrepreneur.
I have pretty much the same circumstances. Work from home, all digital company. Everyone works from home, we don't even really have an office anywhere. The best advice I have is to try to break up your day. Work 9-12, then go for a walk and listen to some podcasts or go work out at a gym with people or drop in on a coffee shop that has a lot of people around, then pop back in to work from 1-6, or even earlier time if you get your work done. The biggest thing is getting away from your desk and realizing that nothing is urgent or an emergency. Work for someone else can wait, especially since you are remote, and your well being should come first. If you're into exercise, I highly recommend checking out a crossfit gym that offers classes during the day.

The benefit I have is that my team is pretty social and there is constant interaction on Slack and video calls on Zoom. However, I have been having the same feelings lately that you have, just wanting basic human interaction on a more regular basis. This is another reason why I am starting a company. To establish an "optional" office work environment. Basically come in to the office if you want to, whenever you want to, and work remotely when you dont.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.