The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The 75 Hard Challenge + Live Hard by Andy Frisella (2020 version)

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Yeah I'm in. It's been hanging over my head a lot that I failed so many times before.

My social life will be straight up gone, but I think that's a change I needed to make anyway.

As for the workouts, I'm going to buy a second hand mountain bike to add to the arsenal. 45 minute run sounds terrible to me, but a 45 min bike, pushing hard, much better, and actually really enjoyable.

The bike is definitely my tip.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

RobPic

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Feb 6, 2018
Italy
Follow a diet with no cheat meals – It isn't specific > just choose one that fits your lifestyle

In the official email of the program it's written something a bit more specific:
"Follow a diet. This can be the diet of your choice, but it must be a structured plan designed with a physical improvement in mind. "

Maybe you wanted to say the same thing, but for me it wasn't as clear as this. I just wanted to be sure to get the challenge right and help other to do the same.

NateKruse

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
294%
Jan 13, 2018
Jacksonville, North Carolina
I'm in.

@Ravens_Shadow has @BizyDad pulled you into this yet? You can't let @Sheens and @ZCP do this without you.

What would the man wearing the bicycle helmet on Camelback say if you passed up this opportunity?

It will definitely be tough to abstain from alcohol in April, but totally doable.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
In the official email of the program it's written something a bit more specific:
"Follow a diet. This can be the diet of your choice, but it must be a structured plan designed with a physical improvement in mind. "

Maybe you wanted to say the same thing, but for me it wasn't as clear as this. I just wanted to be sure to get the challenge right and help other to do the same.

Thanks

Ya - the podcast linked in the first post will cover this.

Since this is my second thread on this I just went through it fast.

Either people listen to the podcast and take it seriously or they don't.

I wasted time on the last thread responding to people who wanted to change lots of things and then never stuck with it anyway.

Listen to the podcast and get the rules/info directly from the source.
This thread is just for accountability.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
I'm in.

@Ravens_Shadow has @BizyDad pulled you into this yet? You can't let @Sheens and @ZCP do this without you.

What would the man wearing the bicycle helmet on Camelback say if you passed up this opportunity?

It will definitely be tough to abstain from alcohol in April, but totally doable.

Mmm... I'm not sure @Ravens_Shadow has what it takes. :rofl:

I think @Sheens might just take the title. But is @ZCP actually in? I didn't see him commit either...

We launch tomorrow people. So exciting.

becks22

90% coffee, 10% everything else
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Jul 6, 2016
Upstate NY
For anyone who did the last challenge, did buying one of those 1 gallon jugs help with your water goals? PS: Cancelled my Barre class for tonight. I'll need the rest to start tomorrow. Super excited. Good luck ya'll

Last edited:

reedracer

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Jun 2, 2019
Kansas City
For anyone who did the last challenge, did buying one of those 1 gallon jugs help with your water goals? PS: Cancelled by Barre class for tonight. I'll need the rest to start tomorrow. Super excited. Good luck ya'll
I have a 32 oz Ozarka steel tumbler and a steel straw. I shoot for four of those. If you are in one place most the time, put a 1 gallon jug in the fridge every day and finish it. (By 7pm or you are up 6 times at night)

Boogie

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Nov 27, 2014
Midwest, USA
My tip for anyone who finds the water challenging is to get the first bit in right away in the morning. I drink a glass when i get up so I've hydrated before i go do a few miles at 5am, then again immediately after. It's much harder for me if I start drinking later in the AM. Thereafter, i have some every hour.

Also, if you have kidney disease or heart failure, you might not be able to process that much water. So check with a doc if you need to.

GoodluckChuck

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Feb 2, 2017
my house
One thing that made me struggle last time I did 75 Hard was not being specific about diet.

It's important to draw clear lines between what is acceptable and what isn't. If you have to use your discretion every meal then you will eventually fail because you know you bent the rules for yourself. The whole point is not bending the rules.

My diet is > 150 grams protein, <2500 calories and no sugar drinks like soda or juice.

arl

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 16, 2019
Lets go!! First day, and first workout already done. Just 149 workouts more to go...

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
The first workout is done.

10-minute walk to forest, 5km run (took me 35 mins), 10-minute walk back home.

My run is quite slow right now but I will get those times/distances up. I already feel amazing.

Progress pic done.

Let's get it!

Katherine

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
248%
Mar 11, 2019
Singapore
Tried this when you first mentioned. I lost count on my failure

1 gallon of water is 3.7L. This is where I failed

Wouter

What do you want to be when you give up?
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Aug 6, 2019
Netherlands
First workout done, already downed 1.5L's and got my day 1 progress pic. Ready for take-off

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Tried this when you first mentioned. I lost count on my failure

1 gallon of water is 3.7L. This is where I failed

If you spread it out its very doable.

Pro tip - walk/run/exercise for an hour first thing in the morning with a large bottle of water with you and no food beforehand.

That alone will get you through the first 30-50% easy.

NateKruse

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
294%
Jan 13, 2018
Jacksonville, North Carolina
What diets are you all doing?

I'm doing the Dr. John McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Plan.

Here are the basic rules from his website

1. Start each meal with a soup and/or salad and/or fruit.
  2. Follow the 50/50 plate method for your meals, filling half your plate (by visual volume) with non-starchy vegetables and 50% (by visual volume) with minimally processed starches. Choose fruit for dessert.
  3. Greatly reduce or eliminate added sugars and added salts. This includes gourmet sugars and salts too. If either is troublesome for you, you can eliminate them.
  4. Eliminate all animal foods (dairy, meat, eggs, fish, seafood).
  5. Eliminate all higher fat plant foods (i.e., nuts, seeds, avocados, tofu, soy).
  6. Eliminate any added oil.
  7. Eliminate all higher calorie-dense foods including flour products (i.e. bread, bagels, muffins, crackers, dry cereals, cookies, cakes), puffed cereals, air-popped popcorn and dried fruit.
  8. Don’t drink your calories (especially from juices & sugar-sweetened beverages).
  9. Follow these principles, eating whenever you are hungry until you are comfortably full. Don’t starve yourself and don’t stuff yourself.
  10. Avoid being sedentary and aim for at least 30 minutes or more of moderate exercise daily (i.e., brisk walking).
The only exception I am making is that I will eat the remaining servings of whole-wheat pasta that I batch cooked on Tuesday. The tomato sauce on that has some added oil.

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Day one done and I'm god damn exhausted lol. Big day of work as well, plus trekking around to buy a mountain bike. First world problems eh?

Feels good to be back on it again. Can't wait to start getting into biking again. Great work kicking this off again Rob.

GoodluckChuck

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Feb 2, 2017
my house
Day 1 just beginning. 45 minute hill walk. My dog loves it.

25% water down and going to read and take progress pic before I get ready for work!

The hardest part will be not drinking when I go see Tool next week. Forgot about that!

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
@ZCP = not in ...... lol

@Sheens is our representative from the 'zcp ab challenge' group ....... she'll be posting now .... any minute now ....... she'll be posting........ soon ....... here we go now ........

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Welcome to the party Olga.

Sheens

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Jan 13, 2018
USA
@ZCP = not in ...... lol.

@Sheens is our representative from the 'zcp ab challenge' group ....... she'll be posting now .... any minute now ....... she'll be posting........ soon ....... here we go now ........

LOL! Yes, I will represent the 'zcp and sheens abs challenge' group! :)

Day 1 is awesome!

One workout, progress pic, and nearly half of my water in before work at 8am.

Plan to snowshoe over lunch hours and skip that meal to get the outdoor workouts in. The best chance of seeing 30°F or warmer.

Not too late to join @ZCP , @Ravens_Shadow, @rogainer, @Rabby!

Sheens

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Jan 13, 2018
USA
  1. Eliminate all animal foods (dairy, meat, eggs, fish, seafood).
  2. Eliminate all higher fat plant foods (i.e., nuts, seeds, avocados, tofu, soy).

Most of this list is where my calories, protein, and fats will be coming from @NateKruse.

Plus as many vegetables as possible in a day to maintain about 1200 calories.

That is a 'cut' calorie approximation at current stats as of two days ago.

The recent change to 75 Hard will necessitate modifications to make sure muscle loss is minimal.

For me it was...
- no treat food (doughnut, cake, chocolate)
- no high levels of sugar (jam, sugary drink, low-quality protein bar)
- no heavily processed food (pizza, kabab, white bread)

This! Goodbye to chubby treats!

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Walk/run done, gym done, water done, pic done, food is good, just the reading left.

Already feel way sharper!

Any late people to this thread - just join in on your own day one and then post up.
You don't have to have started on the same day we did.

TheFinisher

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Dec 31, 2019
Can you find where it doesn't? Cause I never heard him mention it wasn't.

If I do a full indoor workout and then head outside and do a full walk then to me thats two workouts.

Open to be corrected but never heard otherwise. Source from Andy?

I have also heard it from Andy himself. Maybe it was on an Instagram story instead of the podcast, but I do remember him specifically saying that they can't be right back-to-back. They have to be separated. Of course, he also didn't give a minimum time, but general rule of thumb I've used is at least an hour between them. The hour is made up by me, but I know for 100% certainty I heard Andy at some point, somewhere say they can't be right back-to-back.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Also a rookie mistake (I did it!) was just focusing on cutting out all the bad food and not thinking of adding in a LOT of good food.

You will be pushing yourself a lot harder than normal - you need that fuel to recover.

So make sure not just to cut bad food - replace it with a lot of great high-quality protein, fats, carbs, fruit and veg etc.

kalicokat

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
350%
Feb 26, 2020
Texas
Found the first thread from last year and posted in that today. Thank you to those who sent me over here. I'll be starting March 1st. Once I finish reading Tribe of Mentors... I guess my first full book I'll be getting through will be Millionaire Fastlane . I'm glad I stumbled across this place!

If you need to know how hard this is going to be for me... I'll just sum it up by letting you know that my favorite 32oz water bottle is covered with stickers from breweries. I've got a few days to shop and plan. Let's doooo this! (and maybe someone remind me next week to take it easy on my first leg day. That whole raising and lowering myself from the toilet seat sucks. Add in all this water, and bathroom breaks are going to become a full workout on their own 781 times a day. hah)

EvoX1014

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Apr 19, 2016
I'm in! I have failed from before and only made it about 15 days in, I kept making excuses mainly because parenting can make having a schedule hard but this should help me stay on track!

reedracer

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Jun 2, 2019
Kansas City
What diets are you all doing?

I'm doing the Dr. John McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Plan.

Here are the basic rules from his website

1. Start each meal with a soup and/or salad and/or fruit.
  2. Follow the 50/50 plate method for your meals, filling half your plate (by visual volume) with non-starchy vegetables and 50% (by visual volume) with minimally processed starches. Choose fruit for dessert.
  3. Greatly reduce or eliminate added sugars and added salts. This includes gourmet sugars and salts too. If either is troublesome for you, you can eliminate them.
  4. Eliminate all animal foods (dairy, meat, eggs, fish, seafood).
  5. Eliminate all higher fat plant foods (i.e., nuts, seeds, avocados, tofu, soy).
  6. Eliminate any added oil.
  7. Eliminate all higher calorie-dense foods including flour products (i.e. bread, bagels, muffins, crackers, dry cereals, cookies, cakes), puffed cereals, air-popped popcorn and dried fruit.
  8. Don’t drink your calories (especially from juices & sugar-sweetened beverages).
  9. Follow these principles, eating whenever you are hungry until you are comfortably full. Don’t starve yourself and don’t stuff yourself.
  10. Avoid being sedentary and aim for at least 30 minutes or more of moderate exercise daily (i.e., brisk walking).
The only exception I am making is that I will eat the remaining servings of whole-wheat pasta that I batch cooked on Tuesday. The tomato sauce on that has some added oil.
I started Noom a week ago. So far I like it, but still in the trial. Nothing is excluded per ses, but you have assignments, a calorie cap, and 3 classes of foods, Red, Green, Yellow.

My goal for the Hard 75 is to stay under the cap until after the Bataan Memorial Death March on the 15th while I get a feel for the various foods. By then I should know what percentages I should be aiming for.

BTW, the 10 hours I expect the march to take for me to complete will be my 2 45 minute WOs Damn the separation!

Current book is MacArthur's Spies by Peter Eisner about guerrilla and civilian efforts in the Philippines during the Japanese Occupation. A great newer book about the Bataan Death March and subsequent rescue is Ghost Soldiers by Hampton Sides

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.