What's new

TFM has big impact on me. I am glad to find this gem.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

boyZ0ne

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Joined
May 2, 2017
Messages
6
Location
USA
Rep Bank
$160
User Power: 233%
Sam is my name. Work and live in suburb of Philadelphia.

I've been reading many financial/self-improvement/books, but only a few that have big impact in my life.

RDPD was one book that I read that made me think about becoming person in B quadrant, but didn't give me a clue on how and what to do. More questions and puzzles, than real answers and directions. I guess it intentionally to be like that to entice people to buy his books and programs.

FLM is one of the book that has real impact. Thank you @MJ DeMarco. It helps me get directions on how and what to do. Not only that, but also the real reason for taking the fast lane and the dangers ahead if I keep on the slow lane path.

As for my background, I was fortunate enough to be able to come to the US. Long story short, I was able to get a very good job (sigh) as an IT consultant at big 4 firms. But always hitting the road, and working crazy hours, it finally took a toll on me. So, I decided to take job that didn't require me to travel, but 9-5.

The thing is I was so good at the 9-5 job, and as a result, I got more and more works put on my plate with tiny increase. In other words, true to the slow lane characteristic, you can't negotiate the hours and price. No control at all.

I found that it was not that different compared to my old job. I didn't have time on the side to work on any business idea so I can switch to - what I understood now as - fast lane.

I decided to resign and after a bit of adventure, I got a job that gives me some flexibility, which required to work crazy hours once in a while, but I am able to work remotely now.

So now I think it's time for me to work on fast lane idea. Thanks (again) to @MJ DeMarco, by putting a framework and definition of what can be considered as fast lane business. It really helps me narrow down several ideas.

I hope in 7-10 years I will be able to see the dream land (financial independence) on this voyage. It starts by focusing on the grinds and grits (the process) and long term vision on the event.

I also hope I can learn from FLM like minded and share my knowledge and experience as well.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Tuapft moli zua'wi huv e huuf jief up zuas tjuamfist epf jewi ep ofie ug xjisi zua xepv vu hu. Duum tvusz vuu. Huuf madl epf ximduni vu vji gusan
 
@cuzB0pi zua'si ximduni! Vjeplt gus vji opvsufadvoup epf ximduni vu vji gusan.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom