The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

TFM has big impact on me. I am glad to find this gem.

boyZ0ne

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
May 2, 2017
USA
Sam is my name. Work and live in suburb of Philadelphia.

I've been reading many financial/self-improvement/books, but only a few that have big impact in my life.

RDPD was one book that I read that made me think about becoming person in B quadrant, but didn't give me a clue on how and what to do. More questions and puzzles, than real answers and directions. I guess it intentionally to be like that to entice people to buy his books and programs.

FLM is one of the book that has real impact. Thank you @MJ DeMarco. It helps me get directions on how and what to do. Not only that, but also the real reason for taking the fast lane and the dangers ahead if I keep on the slow lane path.

As for my background, I was fortunate enough to be able to come to the US. Long story short, I was able to get a very good job (sigh) as an IT consultant at big 4 firms. But always hitting the road, and working crazy hours, it finally took a toll on me. So, I decided to take job that didn't require me to travel, but 9-5.

The thing is I was so good at the 9-5 job, and as a result, I got more and more works put on my plate with tiny increase. In other words, true to the slow lane characteristic, you can't negotiate the hours and price. No control at all.

I found that it was not that different compared to my old job. I didn't have time on the side to work on any business idea so I can switch to - what I understood now as - fast lane.

I decided to resign and after a bit of adventure, I got a job that gives me some flexibility, which required to work crazy hours once in a while, but I am able to work remotely now.

So now I think it's time for me to work on fast lane idea. Thanks (again) to @MJ DeMarco, by putting a framework and definition of what can be considered as fast lane business. It really helps me narrow down several ideas.

I hope in 7-10 years I will be able to see the dream land (financial independence) on this voyage. It starts by focusing on the grinds and grits (the process) and long term vision on the event.

I also hope I can learn from FLM like minded and share my knowledge and experience as well.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Dark Water

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Mar 25, 2014
Sounds like you've got a good head on your shoulders and have an idea of where you want to go. Cool story too. Good luck and welcome to the forum

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
@boyZ0ne you're welcome! Thanks for the introduction and welcome to the forum.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...