The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
True...my only concern about just going the SEO route is that the clients could just drop you when they get ranked because they would think "Welp the job is done, why are we keeping him around anymore". Then that income is just gone...

Alternatively that's why I like lead gen, you own income producing assets and well...it almost seems like golden handcuffs if that makes sense...
Sure this happens. But not as often as you would think.

And then when they're ranking drops, and it eventually will, they're calling you right back up as long as you left things on good terms.

Have you thought of maybe just putting up their company logo on the site or saying something like "in association with (business name)" at the top. Who said a business couldn't have 2 websites haha.
Doing this with the lead gen route, when a client leaves you, you're going to change out that logo.

Which is going to really confuse those repeat visitors. It won't happen often, but it's just one thing to think about.

Personally, I keep the logo generic and forward the call to my client. The person answering the phone answers the normal way. Most people don't realize they called a business of a different name. And in the few cases that they do, the person just say oh did I reach XYZ business, and the client says yeah yeah that's me.

I only have a couple lead gen sites. I agree with Chuck that it's an easier to rank a real business. So I rank client websites, and I'm slowly working my way to turning my lead gen sites into real businesses. And then I'll launch a couple new lead gen sites and turn those into real business. That's the plan at least.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GoodluckChuck

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Feb 2, 2017
my house
True...my only concern about just going the SEO route is that the clients could just drop you when they get ranked because they would think "Welp the job is done, why are we keeping him around anymore". Then that income is just gone...

Alternatively that's why I like lead gen, you own income producing assets and well...it almost seems like golden handcuffs if that makes sense...

That depends on your client base and your service.

For me, my client base is made up of business owners that don't understand SEO. Also, my services are not only SEO. We coordinate websites, SEO, ads, and other digital tools that make a business more profitable and easier to run. At the end of the day we provide so much value that our clients love to give us money. The key is showing them that value on a regular basis and not charging so much that it's not super profitable.

Kakyn

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jul 2, 2022
I'm into this rank and rent thing recently and convinced it is one of the best business model online.

There aren't much courses that teach how rank and rent works, the cheapest I find is rankandrent.club which costs 1747 USD. Then there's thehelpfulbiz.com which costs 2980 USD, then there's leadgencoaching.io and websiterentalcoaching which costs 5000USD, then there's ippei.com/best, growdigitalstorefronts.com and rentdigitalassets.com which costs more than 6000 USD.

Funny enough you can find cheap course available on udemy for 15 USD but I think you don't get much support from udemy.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.