• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

WEB/DIGITAL Resources for SEO and traffic'ing?

Discussion in 'Business Models, Niches, Industries' started by LightHouse, Sep 26, 2007.

1. LightHouse

LightHouse Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $30,728
    Does anyone have any resources on how to learn SEO and what its all about. I always hear from people that classesand e-books are all just free info you can get on the net..... well can someone point me in the direction. I have taken my B&M biz online to an ecommerce store and also in stages of rolling out new products. I know page ranking and the like take some time so i would like to start now and have it ready for when i put the new products on the site.

Any help?

2. Nate

Nate New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $46
    Let me get home from my cursed 9-5 job and I'll put together a little package of "SEO and the likes" resources and throw it on here somehow.

3. M-M

M-M New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $65
    I'm also very interested.

4. Andrew

Andrew Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $66
  5. LightHouse

LightHouse Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $30,728
  6. Luke12321

Luke12321 Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $934
    I hope you guys enjoyed that link. I found it helpful as I am doing research for my future site. They are so much to learn with SEO and building traffic. If you do it right though, the dividends will be paid greatly down the road!

7. AllOutOrNothing

AllOutOrNothing New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $45
    Those are great seo resources but as overall traffic the best thing you can do is to fill a need and provide great quality content. Build for the user as if you are the user and everything else should follow including money. Took me 3 years of making mistakes to figure that out as well as countless hours trying to come up with the latest and greatest ideas.

yveskleinsky likes this.
  8. Luke12321

Rep Bank:
    $934
    If you are planning on rolling out new products and your site is going to be geared towards selling your products then I would suggest building content up. If you are selling the "red super bike", tell all the visitors what makes the red bike...super! But go further, maybe even include your experiences riding the bike, how it compares to other leading bikes, ect. What I am getting at is, build content. Search engine spiders look for content! If they have no content to crawl, you are dead in the water. Content will bring you more visitors and if the content is accurate and informational, customers will appreciate you going to extra mile and will buy from you rather than the other guys. Also, you should be searching the web right now for websites that rank high for the search engine terms your site is related to. If you buy links (or trade links) this will help your rankings in search engines and bring you more traffic. Do you want to link to other people who sell "red super bikes"? Hell no! Link to people who have done reviews on the red super bike or who blog about bikes, a message board about bikes. (The list can go on forever) These are just a few tips to keep in mind while building your site up. Remember, content...content...content (relevant content). That is the first thing you need to be building up before you are out of the famous "sandbox". Hope this helps!

9. Z5 FILMS

Z5 FILMS Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $251

There is no sandbox.

10. Luke12321

Rep Bank:
    $934
    Not anymore? I thought google was placing sites in a sandbox for the first few months of the websites existence. They changed this? Or was it a myth? I have read on several sites about the sandbox regarding SEO. I aplogize for misleading you Lighthouse if this is indeed true.

11. AllOutOrNothing

AllOutOrNothing New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $45
    Aging a domain by putting up a placeholder or a mini introductory definately helps once you actually roll out the live version.

M-M likes this.
  12. M-M

M-M New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $65
    Thanks for all the info so far, it will be helpful.

13. Z5 FILMS

Z5 FILMS Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $251

The "sandbox" is like UFO's. Plenty of reports, but no proof. Some beleive in it, some don't. I personally don't. Google denies any exsistence. I just think Google does not like spammy sites, and it seems to me all the people complaining about the sandbox are the ones throwing up MFA sites and trying to shoot straight to the top of Google.

14. LightHouse

Rep Bank:
    $30,728
    Good point, i think i lack content becasue people like to look at pictures, maybe i can add the most relevant content. I heard hiding content and keywords was a bad thing? as in typing it invisible or having it added in the code....

15. Shawn

Shawn PARKED

Rep Bank:
    $38
    Yeah you're asking to be banned doing that. Take a look at http://www.seobook.com/ , www.webmasterworld.com , etc.

16. LightHouse

Rep Bank:
    $30,728

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.