The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
Now Google is facing anti trust issues here in the US.
No wonder, but i don't believe anything will change (like in true words in your post)

There was case against Google shopping listing in Europe. Google lost in court but found a way to do its own thing anyway.

And Apple wants to make a search engine...
Didn't know that. If Apple and Microsoft will force their own search engines on users then i can see google being ripped apart. That's just an educated guess but i don't think google could handle loss of ,say, third of its revenue.
They would be left with just Android b/c that's only thing they control now.

There was once a interview with Jeff Bezos, when he said "Most big companies are big for about 30 years rather than centuries and then they fade out." (not a exact quote but gist of it).

It was reflection on what can happen to Amazon since they were crossing 25'th year.
Google being 22y.o. is also approaching this number.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Weeeeeh! New lockdown incoming. And you know what that means? Probably no shipping to the US, again. Alright. Better get things going for the European market.
The timing couldn't be better. When people sit at home and don't spend their money on vacations, beauty salons, concerts and restaurants, they have time and cash to buy my stuff. Pretty excited for the future. One record month after the other.

giphy.gif

Personally I don't give two F*cks about the lockdown. I even have a toilet paper subscription now.

Me after the first lockdown:

programmers-when-lockdown-ends-71675765.png

Last edited:

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
And Apple wants to make a search engine...
Apple's search engine will only allow you to search Apple approved keywords, and will create it's own content to list under said keywords. Users will think it's better because Apple individually controls and adds to all the content you see. Then they'll charge you extra for the autofill feature saying that it makes the algorithms work too hard and you should use the algorithms in your brain instead.
And when you use the imagine search, the first imagines will always be some inspirational quotes from Steve Jobs about how having the highest standards or something.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I have to get a permit from the home owners association to put a new roof on my home... My home... Not theirs...

I literally want to IMPROVE my property...

Nope, you need permission to do that. Turn in a form, pay them extortion money, and wait for their permission to make my house better.

That will never feel normal or ok to me. The majority of people just accept this or worse... advocate for this tyranny.

People did this... People thought this was a good idea. I mourn freedom.

The only real property in this country are us... Citizens. We are the property of the government.

The government owns, regulates and controls:

Our work
Our homes
Our transportation
Our money
Our children

I swear... Americans have F*cking stockholm syndrome.

Last edited:

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
I have to get a permit from the home owners association to put a new roof on my home... My home... Not theirs...

Nope, you need permission to do that. Turn in a form, pay them extortion money, and wait for their permission to make my house better.

That will never feel normal or ok to me. The majority of people just accept this or worse... advocate for this tyranny.

The only real property in this country are us... Citizens. We are the property of the government.

Our work
Our homes
Our transportation
Our money
Our children

I swear... Americans have f*cking stockholm syndrome.

I hate it SO much about living in an apartment. Everything has to be approved by someone else, the neighbors can complain about stupid stuff, you have rising expenses but nothing better in return, etc.

In general I hate living in a city and can't wait to move to the countryside. Why don't you move to a place where you own the house and the land without the HOA?

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I hate it SO much about living in an apartment. Everything has to be approved by someone else, the neighbors can complain about stupid stuff, you have rising expenses but nothing better in return, etc.

In general I hate living in a city and can't wait to move to the countryside. Why don't you move to a place where you own the house and the land without the HOA?

Impossible in America. You rent the land from the government. We are always beholden to our captor even though we vote on the warden.

Stockholm syndrome is the true pandemic.

Instead of making money through mutual exchange, like every other business, the government steals its money with violence.

Make no mistake... Not letting me simply reroof my own F*cking home without a shakedown, is an act of violence.

Last edited:

Sethamus

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Sep 13, 2019
Northshore area, New Orleans

Our work
Our homes
Our transportation
Our money
Our children

I swear... Americans have f*cking stockholm syndrome.
Something along those lines happened to my father-in-law's neighbor. He owed like $50 for a violation that he wouldn't pay and they said he couldn't fix his house when it needed repairs. Took them to court and HOA loss and cost them a few thousands. He says the HOA doesn't really bother too many people with small stuff now haha.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Something along those lines happened to my father-in-law's neighbor. He owed like $50 for a violation that he wouldn't pay and they said he couldn't fix his house when it needed repairs. Took them to court and HOA loss and cost them a few thousands. He says the HOA doesn't really bother too many people with small stuff now haha.

Don't give me ideas! Lol!

Sethamus

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Sep 13, 2019
Don't give me ideas! Lol!
;)
When I read it I instantly thought you could be the type to do it. I think he got them to initiate it by going ahead with the repairs. They tried to put a lien on his house and that is when they went to court. Judge pretty much said you cannot restrict someone from fixing their damaged property (conservative parish in Louisiana)

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Impossible in America. You rent the land from the government. We are always beholden to our captor even though we vote on the warden.

Stockholm syndrome is the true pandemic.

Instead of making money through mutual exchange, like every other business, the government steals its money with violence.

Make no mistake... Not letting me simply reroof my own f*cking home without a shakedown, is an act of violence.
It’s true. Property tax sucks, you never truly own what you paid for. But at least once the mortgage is paid off (or if you never had one), your costs are significantly lower.

It’s really strange that a VAT tax was ever considered constitutional. IMO it directly violates your “right to [your] property.”

And where I live, politicians are constantly talking about how they will NOT raise property taxes, ever! But it’s a bunch of bulls**t because they just raise your appraisal as high as possible. Every year you have to send in a protest with comparisons, otherwise your appraisal can go up as high as 100% - effectively doubling your taxes in one year.

That’s my biggest complaint about the state of Texas.

I’ve literally seen them raise appraisals more than 100% in one year, for no apparent reason, with adjacent property values hardly changing. Mailing in a protest is super important.

Sethamus

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Sep 13, 2019
Louisiana is trying to add the "potential " for an oil or gas well/ mineral rights to add to the appraisal cost of the land and home. So if I do not even own the minerals you can still increase my taxes? Hell no! I hope people voted correctly on this.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

Well at least you'd be more free without the HOA controlling you. As for renting the land from the government, it's almost the entire world.

Perhaps instead of PR it's time to consider countries from this list:

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Louisiana is trying to add the "potential " for an oil or gas well/ mineral rights to add to the appraisal cost of the land and home. So if I do not even own the minerals you can still increase my taxes? Hell no! I hope people voted correctly on this.
That’s crazy, especially if you’ve never had an oil or gas lease on the land. The value in the minerals is adding nothing to your life.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Regardless of your political persuasion, & regardless of the outcome, there will unfortunately very likely be violence all over the country next week (& after) due to the election. Please plan accordingly & be extra cautious.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

It is all theater. I'm convinced.

I can just imagine Trump and Joe calling each other on the phone and discussing how long to drag out these election arguments before "the plan" kicks in to place. The fight has to look good enough so the sheep think their "freedom" was fought for.

What shocks me is the resistance by pretty much everyone to the concept of splitting the country up. Let conservatives be governed by conservatives and let liberals be governed by liberals. I feel like that is a recepie for a far more enjoyable system for everyone. Then they are free to argue what kind of conservative and liberal policies they each desire instead of being blocked by one another.

But alas. We are cattle on a tax farm. They "give" us just enough "freedom" (is it freedom if you have to ask permission?) to avoid free thinking and eventual revolt.

It is honestly a smart business plan for the mafia governments that control the earth. The only thing that legitimizes their existence is us cattle.

If you are disappointed by the election... I encourage you to set yourself free. Live to improve your condition. You have FAR more control over that than the political system.

Attachments

• 20201104_195129.jpg
    20201104_195129.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
What shocks me is the resistance by pretty much everyone to the concept of splitting the country up.
Yeah, what's shocking to me is your shock. I mean, we literally fought a war to prevent this. Plus, you know, our name is excellent branding.

Besides, every state has libs and cons, so how do you actually propose to split this? The most red states are usually the poorest and least populous states. How would that work?

Out of respect I'm trying to keep an open mind here, but I'm shocked that you think this is a good idea.

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
I’m just wondering why does there have to be two parties? Why a red versus blue?
Shouldn’t we work together to discuss and approve an idea without any regards to whether a person is from party A or party B? Right now it seems like, oh this person is from party B or party A, and I’m affiliated with the opposite party, therefor I’m not going to vote for their idea.

Screw parties and think for yourselves, what you think is good or bad.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I mean, we literally fought a war to prevent this.
Exactly... Why? Why didn't they just let it happen? It was what the country naturally wanted. Europe is composed of smaller and economically diverse nations. It works fine.

Forcing conservative beliefs on liberals? Forcing liberal beliefs on conservatives? Governing this many diverse and different people under an ideology that only half agree with and swapping it back and forth every so many years isn't making anyone happy.

The question isn't: "why would I think this was a good idea?" The real question should be: "how could it not be better than what we have?"

Besides, every state has libs and cons, so how do you actually propose to split this?
I don't actually propose. Thus my last paragraph. We have no control over this, so my real suggestion was to improve your own condition, as an individual. My ideal suggestion just makes that easier.

That said, the swing states would be the most difficult, obviously, they would need to be broken up even further.

Remember, record numbers of people are moving for politically motivated reasons. Why not allow them MORE bang for their buck? What if there was something for everyone?

What if instead of moving from one state (with today's borders) to another, they could get their desired political environment by moving to the other side of their city? Imagine that!

This would require a level of diplomatic cooperation that is part of their competition with other governments. Free travel would be a right either upheld or damaging to their own nation. They would play ball.

The most red states are usually the poorest and least populous states. How would that work?
Not really true, they are better run fiscally on average. Low population states like Wyoming do just fine. They are just rural and are part of the economy in a rural way. My proposal doesn't preclude trade. Irrespective of this they would have to make due on their own, like other small countries in the world do.

Out of respect I'm trying to keep an open mind here, but I'm shocked that you think this is a good idea.
Oh please, you're not shocked. You get your jollies off on arguing with me. Admit it. You always view me as unreasonable. Which is fine! And we would likely live in different countries haha.

Idealistic? Yes. Unlikely? Of course!

Unreasonable? What is more unreasonable? A system in which the "winner," no matter who wins, doesn't even come close to representing "The Nation." Where HALF of Americans feel totally ignored.

Or...

Allowing more Americans to be governed by policies they are more likely to agree with. Allowing them to move for political reasons and actually get a real difference.

I think that is FAR more humane to citizens no matter what their beliefs.

The smaller the nations, the more choice we have in the matter of where we choose to live and by what laws. Eventually the smaller nations would be competing for the best and brightest which would be incredibly good for the citizens.

We should stop forcing chocolate or vanilla on everyone... Give the people Baskin Robbins. 31 flavors baby!

What if EVERYONE was more politically satisfied with where they lived? What if everyone had the option to dramatically change the laws they had to abide by?

To me, it really is a shame that outside the box thinking is lost on the world. "It is too different, so I don't like it."

Last edited:

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Guys, I need some advice.

There's an iconic condo being built in Toronto. The day the renders and plans were revealed, I knew this was a "dream" purchase.

Fast forward two years, construction has started and is expected to complete by May 2023.

My issue was with the deposit structure. They wanted 25% in 1 year. So, I decided to email the owner of the development company. To my surprise, he actually responded. I explained to him that I'm this 26 year old, self made entrepreneur, have a similar story to his teenage years, etc. and I told him if he would consider a monthly deposit plan. He said he would be glad to help. I sent him a proposal, he accepted. This all feels like a dream because this is the type of building that has $18m suites that have already sold and there is no reason for them to even consider a ridiculous deposit structure. So I'm still in shock but I need your advice.

The unit costs $2.8m, I can it get for $10k/month until May 2023 with an additional 10% due on occupancy (this was my proposal).

Do I pull the trigger? In a way, I'm "saving" money, aren't I? I also feel like this building, once built, will have ridiculously high resale values. If I can keep up with the payments and the final $280k at occupancy, I think I'll get an insane ROI.

I'm just having second thoughts now... not sure why. I kinda don't want to let the owner down as that will completely tarnish my reputation to him. I actually want to ask him to mentor me down the road as my end goal in life is to become a developer. But at the same time, I don't want to make a bad mistake.

Any advice?
Seeing this late. I would pass. You are talking about putting up $700k as a deposit. What if the building goes under and is never built? You're money is gone.

I’ve bought new construction and have never put up more than $10-$15k.

Too risky for me. What are projected HOA and taxes going to be?

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
I’m just wondering why does there have to be two parties? Why a red versus blue?

Because its a powerful tool to divide and confuse the masses. To hide the real root cause of our economic problems and to hide the solution. It’s perfect because it keeps the scam going for a long time.

You will never find truth in a college economics textbook and never on cable news network. It’s a stinky system that needs to be tossed into the vortex of a flushed toilet.

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Exactly... Why? Why didn't they just let it happen? It was what the country naturally wanted.
No. It wasn't what the country wanted. It's what a minority of the country wanted.
Europe is composed of smaller and economically diverse nations. It works fine.
That's a super idealistic view of European history. I've lost track of how many times these smaller economically diverse nations went to war.
What if instead of moving from one state (with today's borders) to another, they could get their desired political environment by moving to the other side of their city? Imagine that!
Separate nations, sharing cities, and open borders. What could possibly go wrong? Who needs a wall with proposals like these?
Oh please, you get your jollies off on arguing with me. Admit it.
I enjoy going back and forth, absolutely. And to your face I'd day this is a dumb idea. You're off your rocker. Again. :rofl:

But on the forum, I'd rather strike a more civil tone. People take me too seriously in print. I'm keenly aware this isn't just you and me talking here.
You always view me as unreasonable.
If that were true, I wouldn't enjoy our talks.

But I'd say this is one of your less thought out, less reasoned ideas.
And we would likely live in different countries haha.
I'm not so sure about that. You do want to move to PR, for example.

Exactly... Why? Why didn't they just let it happen? It was what the country naturally wanted. Europe is composed of smaller and economically diverse nations. It works fine.

Forcing conservative beliefs on liberals? Forcing liberal beliefs on conservatives? Governing this many diverse and different people under an ideology that only half agree with and swapping it back and forth every so many years isn't making anyone happy.

The question isn't: "why would I think this was a good idea?" The real question should be: "how could it not be better than what we have?"

I don't actually propose. Thus my last paragraph. We have no control over this, so my real suggestion was to improve your own condition, as an individual. My ideal suggestion just makes that easier.

That said, the swing states would be the most difficult, obviously, they would need to be broken up even further.

Remember, record numbers of people are moving for politically motivated reasons. Why not allow them MORE bang for their buck? What if there was something for everyone?

This would require a level of diplomatic cooperation that is part of their competition with other governments. Free travel would be a right either upheld or damaging to their own nation. They would play ball.

Not really true, they are better run fiscally on average. Low population states like Wyoming do just fine. They are just rural and are part of the economy in a rural way. My proposal doesn't preclude trade. Irrespective of this they would have to make due on their own, like other small countries in the world do.

Oh please, you're not shocked. You get your jollies off on arguing with me. Admit it. You always view me as unreasonable. Which is fine! And we would likely live in different countries haha.

Unreasonable? What is more unreasonable? The "winner," no matter who wins, doesn't even come close to representing "The Nation." Where HALF of Americans feel totally ignored?

Or...

Allowing more Americans to be governed by policies they are more likely to agree with? Allowing them to move for political reasons and actually get a real difference? I think that is FAR more humane to citizens no matter what their beliefs.

The smaller the nations, the more choice we have in the matter of where we choose to live and by what laws. Eventually the smaller nations would be competing for the best and brightest which would be incredibly good for the citizens.

We should stop forcing chocolate or vanilla on everyone... Give the people Baskin Robbins. 31 flavors baby!

What if EVERYONE was more politically satisfied with where they lived? What if everyone had the option to dramatically change the laws they had to abide by?

To me, it really is a shame that outside the box thinking is lost on the world.

Add for the rest of this nonsense, I'll leave it at agree to disagree. I like living in a large nation and I'll always argue against anyone attempting to divide it. Just today, you are the fifth person I've seen suggest it. All independent of each other. I've questioned it each time. So I don't think the idea is as far fetched as you say.

Every so often I hear about this state or that one discussing secession. I chalk it up to a yahoo or two in the legislature and a lot of media hype.

But that's how every revolution starts. A yahoo or two and some really good marketing spin. Anyhoo...

I do think power is way too centralized in Washington, I would like to see the states have greater autonomy. But nothing close to them being actually autonomous.

That's just crazy talk.
Or is it genius?

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA

The College Courses Entrepreneurs Wish They Had Taken
  1. Deal making
  2. Managerial psychology
  3. Consumer psychology
  4. Coding
  5. Creative writing
  6. Communications
  7. Financial management
  8. None
Thoughts?

LordGanon

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
294%
Jun 22, 2020
Germany
Rant deleted. Whatever I write, it could be interpreted as against the law or as a threat.

All hail to the government. All hail. May you forever halt all business, don't do your job anymore, and still expect us to pay taxes.

I'm wasting my time here. The applications don't get processed, and I can't get market feedback. This business goes into the drawer. I have to reconsider my options.

Last edited:

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
Seeing this late. I would pass. You are talking about putting up $700k as a deposit. What if the building goes under and is never built? You're money is gone.

I’ve bought new construction and have never put up more than $10-$15k.

Too risky for me. What are projected HOA and taxes going to be?
About $1300/month maintenance fees (HOA) and $1800/month taxes.

I do have another one that I purchased for $1.2m. Being built in about 4-5 years. So far I've put down about $180k in deposits. Another $60k to go for a total deposit of $240k. This one is right beside one of the major hospitals in Toronto and has a 2 year rental guarantee (~$6000/month for 2 years). So I think it's a much better investment.

The one for $2.8m in my opinion is more of a lifestyle building, than it is an investment. I doubt families will purchase a unit when they can get a detached for the same value in or around the same area. But I honestly think it was one heck of a good deal for $10k/month... albeit risky.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

The most red states are usually the poorest and least populous states.
This is probably the worst take I’ve ever read on this forum. It’s the classic liberal elitist view.
States start out with liberty in mind, grow prosperous, THEN become left wing. Not the other way around. Look at other countries and read a damn history book. I like your posts about business but this post of yours is absolute trash.

The economic ideology of the right creates prosperity. The economic ideology of the left takes over AFTER prosperity has already happened.

Your comment is arrogant, out of touch, and frankly, wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Guest-5ty5s4

Unreasonable? What is more unreasonable? A system in which the "winner," no matter who wins, doesn't even come close to representing "The Nation." Where HALF of Americans feel totally ignored.

Or...

Allowing more Americans to be governed by policies they are more likely to agree with. Allowing them to move for political reasons and actually get a real difference.

I think that is FAR more humane to citizens no matter what their beliefs.

To me, it really is a shame that outside the box thinking is lost on the world. "It is too different, so I don't like it."

I'm with you @Kak .

The real problem is that we have strayed so far away from the Constitution and the 10th amendment. The Federal Government controls far too much with little room for differences among states, so you end up with one size fits all for very different groups of people with very different conditions, industries, resources, etc.

It's kind of like a person in Maine spouting off on what should be done with the Texas-Mexico border.

Ignorance.

Assuming everyone can/should do what you do is a logical fallacy. Everyone can't do the same type of work. We need blue collar industries. Factories are important and so is software. Refineries are important (for now) and so is research into better green energy.

Otherwise smart, successful people get so narrow-minded as to end up in a world full of fairy tales, rainbows, and unicorns.

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
This is probably the worst take I’ve ever read on this forum.
Okay....

It’s the classic liberal elitist view

Classic liberalism isn't elitist. The declaration of Independence, and the Constitution were written by classical liberalism adherents.

read a damn history book.
Take your own advice...

@Kak this is why I watch my words. Because even with me trying to speak civilly, this keyboard warrior wants to come at me all tough.

this post of yours is absolute trash.
Oh really?

Now, check out the list of poorest states. 8 are solidly red. NM is blue and WV is purple. I didn't share an opinion. That's a verifiable fact.

The list of least populous are more mixed, but the smaller blue states, population wise, are older and so have a better economic base.

Kak understood the distinction I was making. He pointed to the agrarian economy in the red states. He addressed my concern with his idea intelligently.

You on the other hand jump to this obnoxious conclusion, and then proceed to give a biased and flawed view of history. But you completely misunderstood me.

I wasn't commenting about how the process of wealth happens. I wasn't saying that red states become poor because they're red. Kak put out an idea, and I said how would we do it, today. And I looked at the list of states to see the facts above, and felt that current red states would be at a disadvantage to the blue states on the world economic stage.

States start out with liberty in mind, grow prosperous, THEN become left wing.

This is not historically accurate.

First off, historically speaking, liberals were the ones advocating for liberty. That's how they came to be known as liberals. And going back to the French revolution, liberals has always been "the left".

Most countries, if that's what you meant by state, didn't begin with liberty in mind.

If you mean our states, Georgia, Missouri, Louisiana, these states and more did not begin with liberty in mind. Do I need to list the rest or can you pick up a history book?

It wasn't that long ago that California was a solidly red state. And it was blue before that. That really throws a monkey wrench into your point. Blue red blue.

And the south used to be blue, then went red.

So your assessment of how it all works is flawed. Especially if you expand to world history. Most countries aren't divided red or blue, right or left.

So how about you get off your high horse? Maybe that's hard for the chosen one to do.

The real problem is that we have strayed so far away from the Constitution and the 10th amendment. The Federal Government controls far too much with little room for differences among states, so you end up with one size fits all for very different groups of people with very different conditions, industries, resources, etc.
I do think power is way too centralized in Washington, I would like to see the states have greater autonomy.

Because it's not often someone says that I have the worst opinion in the history of the forum, and then shares my exact same opinion.

Bravo buddy. Bravo. Excellent reading comprehension.

This country is so polarized, that everybody thinks that the slightest disagreement means that we all greatly disagree and the enemy must be belittle and vanquished.

There's not any room left for nuance.

Too many Americans act like if we're not in complete lock step, you must be completely against me. Too many Americans act like everybody is either red or blue. Way to be brainwashed.

We can't even have a discussion without somebody making some kind of inflammatory, off the wall remark.

This forum is full of takes worse than mine. Oops, I mean ours.

Ignorance.

The irony...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!