The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
What we weren't told: GP-2 wrote the story about GP-2. It was only given the line:

"Researchers at the non-profit AI research group OpenAI just wanted to train their new text generation software to predict the next word in a sentence."

:eek:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

theresgot2bemore

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Sep 20, 2016
Anywhere w/freedom
I hope Purdue Pharma pays a fine, like the bankers did for '08, and they move on with their lives. They did exactly what I would have done if I were in their shoes. In terms of ruthlessness I'm a small fry compared to them. I'll always be in awe of how these corporations make the big bucks in the pharmaceutical industry.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
As far as AI goes , I'll be optimist for a moment:

Let's consider scenario that ai gots better at writing
headlines, fragments or chapters and it does blazing fast
and also for pennies.

This will lead to hyper-optimized,most shocking, best ever... yellow journalism
kind of books.

People will adapt to this and start ignoring it. Similar to what happened
to many good headlines from copywriting practice.

But... there is a dark side of it (at least for some)
it only took 15 seconds for the bot to write the article.

So you say i get human quality, on topic, article in 15 seconds?

Google Web Spam team will have a hell of a ride when SEOs will get their
hands on such software.

P.S. i got flu right now , and i don't think i think clearly :eek:;)

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
I was at the store today and realized Kelloggs puts the olympics logo on cereal boxes as if there is some kind of association between eating sugary cereal and professional athletes. :rofl:

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014
I hope Purdue Pharma pays a fine, like the bankers did for '08, and they move on with their lives. They did exactly what I would have done if I were in their shoes. In terms of ruthlessness I'm a small fry compared to them. I'll always be in awe of how these corporations make the big bucks in the pharmaceutical industry.
Just to clarify, you're saying you'd happily have killed people for more money? Not violent criminals or the moral ambiguity of enemies in a war, but people suffering who go to their doctor wanting relief from their pain and get given far higher than recommended doses simply so an extremely rich family can get even richer?

Personally I'd take the slightly more "ruthless" path that if the allegations are proven true, those responsible for their implementation should get publicly sliced and diced with a sword.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Because a hundred bucks is worth the risk of getting gored by a bull...

WTF is wrong with people? Who does this? Moreover, who organizes stuff like this and doesn't think its a tragedy waiting to happen? Who would insure it?

'Cowboy Pinball' game leaves spectators shocked and a participant unconscious at Kentucky rodeo

After the dude gets gored, there's a woman still standing there, surely hoping to get her chance to grab the hundred bucks.

We might need a new thread: Stupid humans playing stupid games who get stupid prizes.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
I wonder if Millennials will finally get us all killed or let America get destroyed by China or Russia because Millennials are so frail.
I wonder if the Chinese and Russian Millennials face the same issues as the American folks.

A modern lifestyle of ease plus relatively affordable access to junk food, crap media, and throw in a hint of societal influence or peer pressure.

In China, internet addiction got so bad that they had a bunch of camps for the youths to clean them up with drills and other educational stuff.

I found this Reddit AMA by a Chinese American who shared his first-hand experience (seems that his family is from China, but he has residence/ citizenship in the USA) in such a camp.

I just spent 4 months in a Chinese boot camp with no Internet or phone. AMA! : IAmA

I thought such a camp might do some good to the young folks who need help, but holy moly were the comments ablaze with accusations that the poor OP was forced into it, or suffering from some psychological disorder that made him think the 'prison was all good'.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

WTF is wrong with people? Who does this? Moreover, who organizes stuff like this and doesn't think its a tragedy waiting to happen? Who would insure it?

All these things aside, how do people fail to see how incredibly cruel and primitive this stuff is? Same with bullfighting. The spectators who pay to see it, participants who expect to win a laughable amount of money, and organizers who are willing to do whatever to make money are all examples of the worst of humanity.

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas

'Cowboy Pinball' game leaves spectators shocked and a participant unconscious at Kentucky rodeo

After the dude gets gored, there's a woman still standing there, surely hoping to get her chance to grab the hundred bucks.

We might need a new thread: Stupid humans playing stupid games who get stupid prizes.
Holy F*ck people! If you need $100 that bad then GO MOW A COUPLE LAWNS!!!

Hope that hundred was worth the trip to the ER...smh

Zcott

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Jul 24, 2018
Yesterday I came into contact with a business which is just starting up but is going to solve a HUGE need and is targeting a several pain points at once. It's the complete opposite of anything that is seen a cool or trendy, yet I was blown away by how much this is going to help millions of people. I won't disclose more, but it involves medical smart wear.

It really made me appreciate what a real business is all about. The founder is a serious entrepreneur solving a real problem, and not just another marketing, sales or whatever company forcing their way into an existing market.

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
D

Deleted50669

Ah yes, cursory security. The illusion of providing security when it's just theatrics designed to make you feel like there's security. Didn't know they had an official definition for this. I always felt most security fell into that category, as if today a terrorist would load up his shoe with explosives. This shit is always REACTIVE, not PROACTIVE.
Ah yes, cursory security. The illusion of providing security when it's just theatrics designed to make you feel like there's security. Didn't know they had an official definition for this. I always felt most security fell into that category, as if today a terrorist would load up his shoe with explosives. This shit is always REACTIVE, not PROACTIVE.
One of the few things I appreciate about the east coast is having the trains all over the place. No security checks, just show your ticket and board. Lots more leg room, more comfortable seats, and enough space to be productive on your trip. Of course the downside is speed, but that's a trade-off I don't mind as someone who's 6'5".

c.dream87

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Dec 1, 2016
Random Thoughts on Regret and Why You Should Start NOW and Stop Making Excuses!
If there is one thing more painful than failure (and aside from death), I believe it's regret.

The regret of lazing around and being complacent in your life.

The regret of quitting too early/not following through your plan.

The regret of not starting a business even if you had an idea in your head.

The regret of letting the SCRIPTED mediocrity eat your soul away.

I think the source of all regret is wasted time, for time is unforgiving; it doesn't come back once its gone. And all you'll tell to yourself is: "I wish I done this sooner!"

Good news! You can always change your life by changing your lifestyle. By this time, you should have learned well. You should have learned that:
  • you should stop making excuses, and
  • start taking action NOW.
If you have something in mind, do it. If you can't do it right away, take little steps: read a book/blog related to it, learn the necessary skill, save (if it requires upfront capital), whatever you know you need to do.

And don't be fooled by these two lies:

"I'll just do it next time. I'll have time for it soon."

The next thing you know, you'll regret doing it later than sooner. Or, would you even do it, or it's always a next time?

"I don't have time."

You will not have time if you don't give it time. If you don't give it time, you won't have time. Why? Because the SCRIPTED system will do its best to take away tons of your time so you'll work for it in servitude. Under the trap of consumerism, you are made to work (taking your time and energy). After the paycheck, you get to consume (and the vicious cycle begins spinning... and spinning and spinning... until all you have left are a few years).

Your best bet is to get out of the consumerism trap, live simple (so you'll have time for truly important things... Hey, you have time now, hurray!) and that's how you change your life.

Whatever it is you want to do, whatever it is you need to do to better your life, be it building a business, getting fit, or something else...

Give it time.
Stop making excuses.
Do it NOW.

May I add another one: And give your 100%. Don't half-a$$ it!

Can I copy it and then print it?
It's an inspiring post.
For two days I've been looking at sites to find work, but, at the nineteenth page of the umpteenth site I realized that I do not want to go under the owner, I want to be the master.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
@Ninjakid I hit like... then I realized. :eek: Beauty is fleeting...
and-its-gone.jpg

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
These body scanners really haven't been independently tested to the nth degree...
Personally I thought there machine was crap. It showed I had something in my clothes that wasn't there. And they patted me down. I went through homeland security first, they took my passport because i came from the Netherlands, scanned my bags, myself a few different ways and than through the regular airport security. And all they took was my apple, because I guess you can't have apples. lol

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
Personally I thought there machine was crap. It showed I had something in my clothes that wasn't there. And they patted me down. I went through homeland security first, they took my passport because i came from the Netherlands, scanned my bags, myself a few different ways and than through the regular airport security. And all they took was my apple, because I guess you can't have apples. lol

It's just a fact of life that to prevent terrorism, we have to microwave travelers and confiscate apples. We can't take the risk that someone sneaks something dangerous onto an airplane in an apple... something like an extra ounce of lotion, or a toenail clipper.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States
You just convinced me. I’ll trade a grope for not getting cancer.

Well I tried it... went for the pat down.

Waited 10 or 15 min for someone to be available. Pat down itself had to have taken at least 5 minutes. Way slower and more thorough than expected.

I don't always have a spare 20-30 minutes just to avoid the radiation.

Bullshit is what this is.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
It's just a fact of life that to prevent terrorism, we have to microwave travelers and confiscate apples. We can't take the risk that someone sneaks something dangerous onto an airplane in an apple... something like an extra ounce of lotion, or a toenail clipper.
Yes, I find it so funny...I flew all the way from Europe with an Apple and passed through their security which is quite similar leaving and they took it away in Atlanta. Oh...but when you land in Europe they don't check you at all except to stamp your passport. I find that fascinating. They don't check for anything coming in that I remember.

Zcott

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Jul 24, 2018

B. Cole

In thine hand is power and might.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
328%
Mar 5, 2017
East Coast
I really like this picture, but my wife hates it. So we compromise, it’s sitting on the floor instead of hanging on the wall. I still get to see it. :smile:

I love tropical stuff. I don’t know what you call it, but the style where stuff is vintage tropical but really lavish looking and detailed, Spanish/Mediterranean jungly stuff.

I feel I need to say stuff one more time.

Stuff.

11E59046-2B3C-49D6-8078-8B165214B08B.jpeg

Zcott

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Jul 24, 2018
I love tropical stuff. I don’t know what you call it, but the style where stuff is vintage tropical but really lavish looking and detailed, Spanish/Mediterranean jungly stuff.

It's a like a feeling of warm nostalgia for a place you've never been.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.