The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

jdm667

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jan 27, 2020
Boston, MA
Dude whoa this is incredible!
... Does anyone know of any good courses on how to buy a ski mask and drill into a 7056 steel vault without tripping the alarm sensors? -Or maybe if I read enough books I could just talk my way through the tellers and get in that way...

View attachment 50708
No no no - first, you have to assemble your ragtag team of misfit thieves, one of whom will inevitably betray you before the heist is over.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
Dude whoa this is incredible!
... Does anyone know of any good courses on how to buy a ski mask and drill into a 7056 steel vault without tripping the alarm sensors? -Or maybe if I read enough books I could just talk my way through the tellers and get in that way...

View attachment 50708
Major blunder, ease of access is going to be difficult & entry will need a 3 tonne drill; you're going to need a JCB to lift that. Make sure you don't sell yourself short with your idea!

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Thanks mate!

I don't hear very often about LinkedIn here, but I really enjoy using it (and I'm not made for social medias at all, but eh, we are not on this forum to share what we like to do).

It can really be a nice showroom of your work and an acquisition channel to drive your niche's people to your product.

If some folks have some feedback about it, I'm happy to hear what you guys experienced on your side.
I can't say I've figured out LinkedIn, but it's a good platform for building relationships.

You prompted me to create this update just now:

Robdavis

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
If this dumbass can make 23 million dollars a year…

View attachment 50717

Kyle, thanks for this. I never realised the social benefits of EVs.

I can see clearly now, that if it takes you 45 - 90 mins to "refuel" your car every time you visit a charging point then you have plenty of time to chat with other drivers.

I can see that us normies with petrol(gas) / diesel cars have been missing out for years.

Robdavis

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom

MattR82

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
I have a friend who swears by this, but whenever he starts to have negative thoughts or is struggling with someone or something with his business, he says to himself "cancel cancel" and moves on from it.
I tried it, didn't really work for me. But swapping the word cancel with gumballs actually does lol.

OMDA

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Dec 21, 2017
FL
I have a friend who swears by this, but whenever he starts to have negative thoughts or is struggling with someone or something with his business, he says to himself "cancel cancel" and moves on from it.
I tried it, didn't really work for me. But swapping the word cancel with gumballs actually does lol.
Some people I have talked to/seen will wear a rubber band around their wrist and snap it to get out of that thought process as well.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
Some people I have talked to/seen will wear a rubber band around their wrist and snap it to get out of that thought process as well.
Several years ago, I did that for several months, it was quite helpful.

Raedrum

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
232%
Jul 30, 2019
Random thought of the day:

As my profile picture might tell I have an interest for the work of brilliant strategist figure Sun Tzu

And I think this quote relate very well to business entrepreneurship:

1691945291855.png

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Landlord hate is growing worldwide, and while landlord hate is nothing new, I do wonder why people think things will change. So I had to ask:

Why is it that, every time wealth is redistributed, it all ends up in the hands of a few again?

The Soviet revolution ended with the government in control of all lands industrial, agricultural, and residential, which later ended up with oligarchs in control of bits and pieces of the industry.

The US took lands from the natives and gave it to whomever could reasonably take care of it. Now most of that land is in the hands of a few companies as those settlers & their descendants ended up selling off the land.

African countries decolonized, took their land back, and distributed it among the citizens (unfairly, mind you). Now, most of that land is in the hands of either Western companies or local oligarchs.

The answer is simple: wealth accumulation is a skill that needs to be worked at, and those who work at it end up accumulating the wealth.

Thing is, wealth accumulation works differently whether the system is entirely state-owned, colonial, capitalist, or any other way of distributing wealth. In the Soviet example, those who had prominent positions had the opportunity to become oligarchs. In capitalist countries, those who have money can buy up assets. In colonial times, those with military ability would simply conquer the land they wanted & drive the people off it (or enslave them).

Killing every landlord and having each person own their own home won’t solve the problem. Eventually, those who have the wherewithal to accumulate land (whether it’s through legal means, political means, capitalistic means, or through use of their own force) will get the lion’s share. It might takes years, it might take decades.

People who hope to just own their own home and live a hunky-dory life with no further desire will always be victims to those ambitious enough to use whatever means necessary to take what they want.

jdm667

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jan 27, 2020
Boston, MA
Landlord hate is growing worldwide, and while landlord hate is nothing new, I do wonder why people think things will change. So I had to ask:

Why is it that, every time wealth is redistributed, it all ends up in the hands of a few again?

The Soviet revolution ended with the government in control of all lands industrial, agricultural, and residential, which later ended up with oligarchs in control of bits and pieces of the industry.

The US took lands from the natives and gave it to whomever could reasonably take care of it. Now most of that land is in the hands of a few companies as those settlers & their descendants ended up selling off the land.

African countries decolonized, took their land back, and distributed it among the citizens (unfairly, mind you). Now, most of that land is in the hands of either Western companies or local oligarchs.

The answer is simple: wealth accumulation is a skill that needs to be worked at, and those who work at it end up accumulating the wealth.

Thing is, wealth accumulation works differently whether the system is entirely state-owned, colonial, capitalist, or any other way of distributing wealth. In the Soviet example, those who had prominent positions had the opportunity to become oligarchs. In capitalist countries, those who have money can buy up assets. In colonial times, those with military ability would simply conquer the land they wanted & drive the people off it (or enslave them).

Killing every landlord and having each person own their own home won’t solve the problem. Eventually, those who have the wherewithal to accumulate land (whether it’s through legal means, political means, capitalistic means, or through use of their own force) will get the lion’s share. It might takes years, it might take decades.

People who hope to just own their own home and live a hunky-dory life with no further desire will always be victims to those ambitious enough to use whatever means necessary to take what they want.
Very true - those who know how to wield the capital will end up with more of it.

From a math perspective: people who are better at investing and allocating capital will get a higher rate of return on their money.

So, even if you equalize everything today, the people getting the highest rate of return will end up with most of the money (in the long run).

Let's say you grow your wealth at 13% per year and I grow mine at 14% per year. If we start from the exact same place, I will eventually have 2x as much as you, then 10x, then 100x (on a long enough time frame, that is).

G

Guest-5ty5s4

spot on. Long term thinkers who strategically plan and work hard at acquiring and growing their means will do so no matter the situation. But a free market is the most fair system and option we have (not one where the politicians and people with military power are the sole owners and participants in business)

Two Dog

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Feb 15, 2022
Yeah, there's my alma mater.

Saw this story awhile back and thought: "What kind of F*cking morons don't have a backup generator / security / alarms / offsite storage / anything for their priceless research specimens collected over the past two decades?"

Like the power hasn't gone out in upstate New York since 1912. Academic IQ vs. Real World IQ right there.

Two Dog

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Feb 15, 2022
Yeah, there's my alma mater.

Saw this story awhile back and thought: "What kind of F*cking morons don't have a backup generator / security / alarms / offsite storage / anything for their priceless research specimens collected over the past two decades?"

Like the power hasn't gone out in upstate New York since 1912.

Academic IQ vs. Real World IQ right there.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
This ironworker guy from the 80s… is what a successful entrepreneur looks like to the majority of the world these days.

View attachment 7700a2619949703afb02e100cba2dfea70478af7.mov

(Edit)

My take:

Some think he’s crazy. Others think he’s lucky to be born without fear of heights. Many want to have his balls to do something out of comfort zone… but wouldn’t want to “risk” it as there is no safety equipment. Plenty will say he’s lucky he didn’t fall. Yet another will say this is fake record.

Those who are “in the know” know the truth: he’s afraid but able to get past fear (fearless), has skills he developed over time to make this possible. It took a lot to get to this level of confidence in himself. He makes it look easy.

Last edited:

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Texas be cookin Texans.

367486887_10230821520751224_487353003818555732_n.jpg

rjdgreat

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Jul 28, 2022
Lesson learned today: always be prepared to grab the opportunity when it lands on your hand.

This is my first day of school and I got a random call while I am at PUV and a caller ask me if I am interested for a job in marketing. I didn’t respond in a good manner and I thought it was a joke because I am not expecting a call like that.

OMDA

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Dec 21, 2017
FL
Texas be cookin Texans.

367486887_10230821520751224_487353003818555732_n.jpg
Everyone's complaining about the heat here in Florida.

I can deal with the heat while out running/biking as long as I have enough fluid. But what really got me was when out enjoying some windsurfing this weekend, the water was so warm it was like falling into a tepid jacuzzi. Not refreshing like it is in the fall/winter. I'm looking forward to that change...

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Talking-head style podcast advice has to be the lowest level of education out there.

Some of these guys are successful, but the quality of advice is horrible.

View attachment ssstwitter.com_1692010514381.mp4

(Im talking about the made-for-social-media format where everything is trying to be a viral soundbite.)

piano

Trying to find the right notes
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
Screenshot_20230814-135232.png
So far, this is the top post for today :rofl:

C'mon guys, we can do even better! ;)

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
Talking-head style podcast advice has to be the lowest level of education out there.

View attachment 50740

(Im talking about the made-for-social-media format where everything is trying to be a viral soundbite.)
My first year is midnight to 1am.

My second is 2am to 3am.

I’m light years ahead of the game.

What a clown :rofl:

The real tragedy is people who watch that and think they’re learning something.

piano

Trying to find the right notes
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
I'm chilling at a restaurant right now and I've spotted something really interesting.

At the bottom of the menu card is written "For every google review, we gift 2€ for nature preservation projects. We've already donated 5000€! Thanks!"
Or in other words... 2500 reviews. And it's also one of the more crowded restaurants here btw.

Just wanted to share this!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

View attachment 50740

Did he tell us how we can get his time machine that slows time to 1/3rd speed?

Someone with 72 hours a day definitely has an advantage.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
Random thought of the day:

As my profile picture might tell I have an interest for the work of brilliant strategist figure Sun Tzu

And I think this quote relate very well to business entrepreneurship:

View attachment 50730

1692039974079.png

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia

Generations of acquisition.

Buy crops during harvest and buy land during famine.

In modern day a famine equivalent is a financial crisis.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.