The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Boogie

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Nov 27, 2014
Midwest, USA
Are you grilling pizzas?

I saw this, and wondered if it was worth giving a try.

We don't have one of those grills, however we do grill pizzas very successfully. We use an old char griller charcoal grill we already had and a couple of round pizza stones so we can do two at a time. We just close the lid and open as necessary instead of having a slot to look through and rotate. It works well for us, but one pizza may cook a bit slower than the other even if the charcoal is spread pretty well. If you have a super hot fire, you might need to keep a closer eye on them. Ours aren't typically super hot. I'm not sure of the temp though.

Get some pizza stones and preheat them, so they are up to temperature by the time you slide the pizza onto them. You'll get a better crust. We also let the stones heat up while the grill heats up just to avoid shocking the stones and shattering them by putting them in cold into an already hot pit. I'm not sure if it matters or not. When we first tried outside, the recipe said to put the pizza on the grate. That was an ugly mess. We'll stick to stones.

My wife makes a sour dough crust and homemade sauce. We just use lump charcoal. Ours are also very thin crusts. They are quite tasty. Get a pizza peel. They're useful for getting them on and off of a stone.

However you do it, you should be able to get good results. You can probably get the best results in a brick oven where the bricks are heated with wood for hours before the pizza, but it's pizza. It will be good even if you don't go all neopolitan.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
541%
Apr 17, 2022
There's a business for everything.

Instagram and social media has destroyed our society to the point of no return.

How pathetic can you be to use fake weights to get more likes on your photos? Why?

Not to mention the fact that any real lifter can instantly detect fake plates from a mile away based on how the bar moves.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Love the new Lambo hybrid, if I bought it, I wouldn't drive it. I'd put it in my living room as a piece of art work.

1677265352058.png

Last edited:

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Instagram and social media has destroyed our society to the point of no return.

How pathetic can you be to use fake weights to get more likes on your photos? Why?

Not to mention the fact that any real lifter can instantly detect fake plates from a mile away based on how the bar moves.
They are used for legitimate reasons with education videos and Hollywood.

For some funny videos of fake weights in action go check out Brad Castleberry or whatever his name is. Dude is massive and insanely strong, but he has to probably double his "weight" with fake weights for every lift to look like hulk. What a fool.

Personally I would rather go the "inject oil into my arms to look huge" route. Come to think of it, pumping yourself full of oil and then lifting fake weights is probably the best way to maintain your health AND image at the same time! /s

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
Internet arguments are so tiresome...
Let's bring back the Victorian 'Pistols at dawn' tradition.
There are far too many days when I feel this is where we are heading…
whether we want to or not…
Too much F*ckery going on in the world.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
There are far too many days when I feel this is where we are heading…
whether we want to or not…
Too much F*ckery going on in the world.
Oh no. You turned the news on, didn’t you? :rofl:

Last edited:

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

SDE

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
518%
Jul 9, 2018

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Lyzmin

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Jan 30, 2023
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Somebody send me a article some days ago in The Netherlands:
I recommend Deepl to translate it if you're interested in the article (it's in Dutch).

The Article states that 1/10 families in the Netherlands are in the red.
Furthermore the majority of families don't have more than €20/€30k in savings (all ages).
This tells me how right @MJ DeMarco is in his books!

The article mostly promotes slow lane strategies and tje 1200 comments are almost comical.
But worrying to me is that the Netherlands is one of the richest countries per capita and still we have these lacking numbers.

This is an extra 'WHY switch' to me for focussing on the fast lane process.
Wanted to share it with you all :)

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Has anyone updated their Mac to Ventura? I hate updating my Mac with the new OSs as it always seems to break and complicate things. Been running Monterey for a few years.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
Has anyone updated their Mac to Ventura? I hate updating my Mac with the new OSs as it always seems to break and complicate things. Been running Monterey for a few years.

It’s been working fine. I’ve been current on all updates and nothing bad happened.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013

RicardoGrande

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
May 9, 2021
I know the FTE is a concept for getting your rear in gear, but does anyone else remember the pinpoint when they realized being tied down in a job sucks before that? Was it always there for you, or something you discovered like in a FTM and before your FTE when you took action?

Lined up two sales calls today and both of them ended up ghosting me. I have some work still and more sales calls so I'm fine but got thinking about my life again and throwing out the "career" and taking my current path freelancing. At one point, was feeling down today and thought "Well, why not double down on my job and cruise the slowlane?" but the moment I thought that I just had a wave of nauseating dread wash over me- flashbacks to the first minutes of my first real job where I got sat at a desk in front of a telephone that was ringing off the hook with angry people needing tech support. Sitting and thinking "This will be the next 40 years, 12 hours a day". Working minwage jobs as a teenager was what it was as I had no skills yet, but after getting the expertise and then sat in front of the sh!t trough was an immediate "hell no", before my real FTE.

Thinking about it further, I also thought about all the superiors I've had who seem to just have awful lives and never ending responsibilities and stresses while being able to barely make ends meet. I've experienced a few different cuts of the white collar life now, including the "dream" 100% work from home gig back during march 2020- but even then without as many people breathing down my neck, the knowledge that I was chained to the laptop and on call and couldn't really do anything besides study or read a book really got to me.

Is this something other TFFers have? Even if we went back into another lockdown and everyone got sent back to remote work for a bit I don't think that'd sweeten the deal at all. It feels like I'm 100% bent on making freelancing and future unscription happen, not that that's a bad thing, but just can't imagine throwing the towel in and trying to climb the ladder in the rat race anymore. Contrasted to my friends who are perfectly happy to be human e-mail forwarders and drink themselves blind every weekend, it's quite the difference.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Always sucks to have an older friend who just stops supporting or caring about your progress.

Especially when you always had their back with their own goals and plans.

I guess the way it goes, but always stings.

piano

Trying to find the right notes
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
Our choir had 2 concerts this weekend and I was supposed to play a piano solo as well.
I was scared to the bone but pulled through regardless. There were over 200 people! (and even more today!!)
I thought to myself "What if I mess up?" and I answered "I'll be sitting in a bus in 2 hours and nobody will care that that kid had a few slip ups"
And I F*cking killed it! I even made the audience laugh with the moderator!
Great, exciting and scary weekend!

constant

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Nov 8, 2022
Always sucks to have an older friend who just stops supporting or caring about your progress.

I feel you. I had a good friend I had known for almost 10 years. I even got him into reading unscripted and he said he loved it. We were talking about entrepreneurship almost every day but eventually he became too hard to get in touch with. Haven't talked to him in months.

Our choir had 2 concerts this weekend and I was supposed to play a piano solo as well.
I was scared to the bone but pulled through regardless. There were over 200 people! (and even more today!!)
I thought to myself "What if I mess up?" and I answered "I'll be sitting in a bus in 2 hours and nobody will care that that kid had a few slip ups"
And I F*cking killed it! I even made the audience laugh with the moderator!
Great, exciting and scary weekend!
Wow, that's amazing. Congratulations! :)

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Sadly for many, if you can't go to the pub, drink, and complain about your job, you're not friend material.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Sorry to hear that Rob.

I don't think it will always sting though. One day you might just observe it, wish them luck (and maybe even feel sorry for them), shrug, and move on.

Nicolayyyy

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Jan 16, 2023
France
It's hard sometimes to pass over negative thoughts and feelings.

One day all can go great, it's sunny outside, you manage to do things you wanted to do that day, you make a step further to your entreprenor journey, you are happy and motivated. You feel strong, you feel that nothing can stop your growing life, you learn, you read, you take some actions to go further.

And somedays it's rainy, cloudy, cold, you feel like it's not for you, all that business stuff is not for you and you're too weak to go out of the script. You're looking at your ceiling prone on your bed in silence with negative thought going threw your mind...

In these situations, it's hard to stop your brain thinking all that shitty negative stuff. But you have lots of way or strategies to go over this, you can write down all negative thoughts and become aware of them, so you can work to eliminate them. You can go for a walk, make some meditation, yoga, go at the gym, go for a ride, for me I usually take the car and drive with no GPS, going somewhere with some good music (not very eco friendly actually).

I was wondering if you guys do a specific thing when you have all those negative thoughts comming into your mind making a mess on your plan and goals ?

G

Guest116255

It's hard sometimes to pass over negative thoughts and feelings.

One day all can go great, it's sunny outside, you manage to do things you wanted to do that day, you make a step further to your entreprenor journey, you are happy and motivated. You feel strong, you feel that nothing can stop your growing life, you learn, you read, you take some actions to go further.

And somedays it's rainy, cloudy, cold, you feel like it's not for you, all that business stuff is not for you and you're too weak to go out of the script. You're looking at your ceiling prone on your bed in silence with negative thought going threw your mind...

In these situations, it's hard to stop your brain thinking all that shitty negative stuff. But you have lots of way or strategies to go over this, you can write down all negative thoughts and become aware of them, so you can work to eliminate them. You can go for a walk, make some meditation, yoga, go at the gym, go for a ride, for me I usually take the car and drive with no GPS, going somewhere with some good music (not very eco friendly actually).

I was wondering if you guys do a specific thing when you have all those negative thoughts comming into your mind making a mess on your plan and goals ?
(without arrogance) remind yourselff of what you have achieved, If you're already going through hell, you don't stop to feel the burn, you keep going to eventually step out of it. Also, are you on social media? If so, this stuff destroys your motivation and you end up entrenching yourself in the facade of others. I know its what everyone says so you may just brush it off, but trust me. I quit social media in the beginning of last year and I have become incredibly detatched from the outside world (by detatched I mean keeping up with junk like celebrities or old friends that arent really apart of life anymore). Most of your news you can simply search through the internet or an informative YouTube video. If you use social media to grow your business, make a rule to only use it on your computer and keep it off your phone.

Nicolayyyy

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Jan 16, 2023
France
Also, are you on social media?
Yes I am but I'm not very active. To be honest sometimes I loose myself on Instagram real or tiktok but I drastically reduced my consommation and you know what ? I've just uninstall tiktok while I'm writing this.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.