The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 3, 2013
They've been trying to remake "The Doberman Gang" for 50 years. I have an idea for them.

SPUR-5.jpeg
bigdog-with-load-white_0.png
_117181085_spot.png

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65RZbIT-tSs

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Is this "normal"? Or is this a freak result?

I mean do you, @MJ DeMarco , get lots of emails like this? Because it seems to me that this guy went from zero to $34m in about four years and to my mind that seems incredibly fast by any measure.

Maybe I don't understand the Fastlane well enough.

This is the intended result, a life changing income or exit.

I do get a lot testimonials by email however they tend to be more generalized without specific numbers, stuff like, "Holy shit MJ I made $20K last month!" or "I now make money 24/7 and more than my old job, I had to tell you!"

So I wouldn't call it "freak" at all, just one on the higher end of the spectrum.

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
The fastlane has probably made me $15k since I started my journey.

The value, however, wasn't in the money I earned, but in the things I have done and learned to earn the money.

You've been taught how to fish by pros. How many fish you gather in the short term is secondary to the unlimited supply of fish you now have access to because of your new skills.

Congrats.

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Can someone point me to the first post about IQ? I can't find it, was it weeks ago?

I'd like to extract the posts to its own thread.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
About MJ's "lies to yourself list" all of them are correct, except the IQ one.

Not all smart people are rich, but all self-made rich people are definitely smart.

The correlation between net worth and IQ is a real thing.

And social-economics inequalities are "IQ" inequalities more than anything else.

It's immensely controversial...but it's true.
This might be the start @MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
The posts on IQ are now in its own thread.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 3, 2013
One of them starred in a movie in 2022, and is worth $3B.

the-lost-boys.jpg

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Here’s a thought experiment. How much money would you pay to have lunch with a living titan of industry? Who is it?

Have you read their biography or even better, their autobiography?

You can spend hours upon hours getting to know the greats for an incredibly little amount of money. They poured way more into a book then they ever could into a lunch.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Here’s a thought experiment. How much money would you pay to have lunch with a living titan of industry? Who is it?

Have you read their biography or even better, their autobiography?

You can spend hours upon hours getting to know the greats for an incredibly little amount of money. They poured way more into a book then they ever could into a lunch.
Just got one story to share:

I still do some stock trading on the side, so I usually use a certain paid VSA indicator for Tradingview.

Subscription fees for this indicator are actually quite OK as you can pay it off with just a few good trades.
Plus you have access to a Telegram chat with some coaches and other traders.

But the real gold wasn't so much in the Tradingview indicators or even the coaches-- but the TRADERS themselves.

During the 2021 market craze, there were many Telegram groups on the Malaysian, US markets and more springing up like mushrooms. Those were the days.

And pretty soon, I saw one of the folks seem to be in ALL of the Telegram groups I was in, including the VSA paid group.

(I'll just name him Doctor....because he DID study stem cells, but more on that later...)

And the stock charts Doctor shared were quite decent. I didn't think much about hitting him up back then, but I would do stuff like check on charts of peer stocks...text back to him on Telegram with some opinions...and also shared how my trades went if I did any.

Then out of the blue, Doctor DM-ed me:

'Hey Lee, do you want to join my private trading group?'

Turns out, the old paid VSA group actually discouraged him from sharing charts too heavily because of differing trading methods (and the fact he liked posting food and wine photos a bit too much)-- so he had his own other side group.

(Probably one lesson here is to have your OWN tribe/group/following you can control)

I said 'yeah' because I was curious...

And I joined his private trading group.

And it was a hotbed of some of the most experienced traders in Malaysia. Folks who came from various stock sifus...who subscribed to different trading alerts or indicators...fundamental analysis folks...I had NO idea how Doctor got them into his group.

Every day was a learning experience for a trader-- even though I don't day-trade (I'm into longer holds).

From opening hour down to late night...folks would be posting charts nearly non-stop on markets, macro news, and even some politics (especially when we are concerned about resurgence of commodities). There was always plenty to read, and Doctor would always chime in with his comments FOR FREE.

All you needed was to just be polite, do your homework and try the trades.

And then report back...just like this Forum.

Then around last year's start, Doctor invited everyone for a Chinese New Year dinner at a KL hotel.

I decided to go because I was curious to see him in person. Arrived early too.

At the hotel, I see this 60+ year old man arrive with some fine wines ready.
He just looked like some ordinary uncle in jeans and T-shirt.

And we started talking...

Long story short, he just traded the markets as a hobby (although he swears that Tesla and BTC brought him his retirement). He studied computer science long ago and built two software businesses-- one which serves accounting for McDonalds in the country.

Then he realised the need for anti-age treatments, and he took a doctorate for stem cells.
He still runs that business today.

Doctor was pretty friendly. He knew all the best places to eat (and to entertain clients with).

Whenever we ate out with him, we usually split the bill with everyone-- but he actually used some goodwill for discounts from the management or paid off some balance himself.

Many things he shared in our later outings...how he started learning Mandarin in his 40s...why he doesn't subscribe to fundamental analysis...why you shouldn't marry in your 20s...how he does charity (we traders have a fund that we donate to every month)...OTC health products...how to build up a list of eating places for clients' entertainment... and so on.

Of course, now and then he talked in our late-night outings about stocks.
How he traded since the Asian Financial Crisis...how he was stockist for the smart money...how he used to run private sessions to teach early BTC traders...why he believed gold was THE thing...and more.

Stuff that no finance degree would EVER teach...

There were many other great folks I met in his circle with their own stories, but for once-- I did not feel alone on the Fastlane path anymore.

There really were people out there doing unconventional things...and living unconventional lives.

Till today, I still work on my trades although I know my main focus should be on the Fastlane biz.
I really appreciate Doctor for seeing some good in me, and inviting me to his circle.

And he's had an impact on me too.

I started thinking how to help him out more.
Going for his charity trips...
(we may have one before his birthday next month-- booking one of his primary school friends to cook some noodles fresh for an orphanage or old folks' home)....

Sharpening my newfound interest in wine by buying my first whisky for this year's CNY dinner when very few traders were bringing alcohol to the occasion...
(he LOVED to drink, but he drank responsibly. He always asked us to take Grab home after drinking, and even shared how to last longer i.e. eat while you drink, load up on water, etc)

And in that recent CNY dinner, Doctor remarked,
'Lee...when you first joined us, you were very quiet and introverted. Now you've opened up.'

And I think that was the secret behind Doctor's success in bringing people together.

Opening oneself up. He opened up his time to mentor folks and build relationships that last.

And I did the same too in regards with learning about stocks. I could have been like most other folks who sign up for Telegram groups to get some quick money tips.

But I wanted something that lasted far beyond that. And to grow that skill, that required a feedback loop with active stock players-- the same way we do it here on the Forum.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I watched Requiem for a Dream last night with my wife. It was a serious mood killer, so don't put that on if you are planning any friskiness afterwords.

I can't believe that I had never seen this movie before, this should be required viewing for every teenager. Talk about a powerful story about the dangers of trying to take the easy road, and what drugs can do to you. I knew the movie was about drugs, but holy crap I had no idea it was going to be what it was. Not sure I ever want to watch this again, but it is going to stick with me for a long time.

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Learned a new word today : "Passport bros"

Nicolayyyy

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Jan 16, 2023
France
I'm in high level waterski competition since I'm young. I think all that stuff of going further my limits, always doing my best to succeed in my sport, failure, wins, and hard times, are now a part of me.
Since high school I didn't know where I was going in my future regarding life, jobs, or making money. I didn't know what job I would like to do, what inspires me, etc..
After I read MJ DeMarco's books one month ago, and diving more and more to all that mindset of going further, learning new stuff again and again, I now know what I want for my life. Maybe it is related to my sport or maybe not, but I know where I wanna go and why I want to do it. I've got lots of stuff to learn, but it has grown a big will of success in my life.
So yea, I wanted to post this here, just a random though ^^

Have a great week !

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I knew the movie was about drugs, but holy crap I had no idea it was going to be what it was.

I can online imagine how jarring that would have been, going into that specific movie not knowing what you were in for! Same goes for Trainspotting, for that matter.

I agree though - probably the best "anti drug" drug movie I've ever seen. I'm almost 40 and watched it when I was a late teen and I'll probably never forget it. Also don't plan to ever watch it again, lol.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Got my first ever charcoal grill… It makes such good food. I’m convinced my propane grill is like a microwave by comparison. Mind blown. :rofl:

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Got my first ever charcoal grill… It makes such good food. I’m convinced my propane grill is like a microwave by comparison. Mind blown. :rofl:

I think all grilling methods have their place.

Gas is great for those busy mid-week cooks. You want instant, consistent, measurable heat so you can get dinner to the table with some great grill marks.

Charcoal is great for those times when you have a bit more time, can monitor things a bit closer, and really want to add that smoky delicious flavor to the food.

Smoking is great when you have a hell of a lot of time and want to indulge in the best that BBQ can be.

I love me some smoking and charcoal grilling but I wouldn't trade my natural gas Weber for the world either. Being able to just flick a knob and get a blast of amazing heat to grill on is so damn convenient. I use it more than my indoor stove - even in winter.

monnffffiiiiiii

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Oct 16, 2022
Three years ago when I started my journey, I didn't know what company to start and was jumping from one sector to another, chasing money.

I realize now it was because I lacked specific knowledge.

Specific knowledge is knowledge about a skill, a market, or a problem. It can also be a network of people.

Specific knowledge gives you an edge over your customers.
-> if what you provide was easy, your customers wouldn't pay you for it.

Specific knowledge can only be acquired through time and experience.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
I managed to go from 3k to 30k+ in one week on Instagram

Screenshot 2023-02-22 at 17.02.56.png

Pretty crazy cause I put 4 years in Youtube and only got to 30k also...

Screenshot 2023-02-22 at 17.02.36.png

---

I learned a lot from running the youtube channel on how to make content. And always felt that if I switched up the focus (freelancing business skills instead of web design directly) that things would grow a lot faster. So pretty glad I took the chance and gave the new style of IG content a go.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Dec 3, 2018
UK

Wait until you try using wood from trees in your garden (yard?).

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
and what drugs can do to you.

An interesting idea is that a lot of these mechanisms are reversible and invertible. If you touch on that exact mechanism you can you use it as a focal point to be a success in your person.

Not sure I ever want to watch this again, but it is going to stick with me for a long time.

I was in Guadalajara 3 weeks ago and I came across a homeless site under a bridge. I've been around homeless people my whole life but this was very rancid. It captured my mind and needed contemplation. If you stop and pay attention, life and reality is talking to you and trying to tell you something. If you can parallel the perception with the eternal order, you got it made. You can reveal the casual trajectory and the psychological laws that result in someone being in that situation. As Plato said, "The contemplation of all time and all being".

As I stood there that "feeling" started coming up. I felt like my mind was entering another dimension. You literally participate in the existence of the the time and place of where you are at. In that moment I learned something new and gained a new insight into human nature. My mind successfully acted as an antenna with the eternal order. These moments are powerful and are never forgotten.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I think all grilling methods have their place.

Gas is great for those busy mid-week cooks. You want instant, consistent, measurable heat so you can get dinner to the table with some great grill marks.

Charcoal is great for those times when you have a bit more time, can monitor things a bit closer, and really want to add that smoky delicious flavor to the food.

Smoking is great when you have a hell of a lot of time and want to indulge in the best that BBQ can be.

I love me some smoking and charcoal grilling but I wouldn't trade my natural gas Weber for the world either. Being able to just flick a knob and get a blast of amazing heat to grill on is so damn convenient. I use it more than my indoor stove - even in winter.
Yeah, I have had Weber propane grills for pretty much all of my adult life. I have always viewed having one as basically a necessity. Don't get me wrong, I have made good food on my propane grills over the years... But the Weber Master Touch that I just bought, even with my inexperience, is churning out meals that I think beats high end restaurants. I have never been able to match the results, let alone exceed them.

This was never a hobby for me. Just another way to make dinner at home, which I didn't really like because it makes a mess... For the last decade, I have historically gone out to eat 4-5 times a week.

In the month since I bought the Master Touch, it has been more like 3-4 times TOTAL. Now I am also having fun with this and coming up with new ways to make food that totally beats these restaurants. It’s been a catalyst to a total change in how we do things.

Last edited:

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Every time I eat something that I really enjoy, I usually figure out how to make it better myself and then never want to eat out for that particular food ever again. Most food prepared by someone else sucks. I don't know, maybe there is something psychological to it.

My brother told me about this deep dish pizza he made last week, so I decided to give it a go as well. You let the dough sit for an entire day, and then smush it out in a cast iron pan and let it take shape there and throw the whole pan in the oven. Homemade sauce and everything, it was freaking unreal. It is essentially flour, water, spices and yeast and olive oil. Tomatoes and spices fried up and then simmered in the sauce, and whatever toppings you want. I don't even want to think of how much crap goes into a pizza chain pizza.

I usually like whole wheat and stuff with seeds in it better than anything with white flour, so I will try it whole wheat next.

I made the mistake of reading the ingredient label on my bread a while ago, it has like 40 ingredients. This isn't even the mass produced Bimbo product or Wonder or whoever makes that trash. It is a local bakery. I think my next target is to learn how to bake bread.

I also learned how to make cinnamon buns that are just leaps and bounds better than those mall ones that I remembered being awesome as a kid. I use about 30% of the sweetness they call for, which is still enough, and swap all the sugar out for stevia and monk fruit. High quality butter, real vanilla... it makes all the difference. Using high quality butter makes a massive difference in any cooking. Unfortunately Canada hates making good quality butter, and to get the good stuff imported they charge absolutely astronomical tariffs on it. The last time I was in USA I brought back something like 4kg of it in my luggage! Good thing awesome butter is easy to find when I am in Mexico, but I don't really have anywhere to cook down there yet. Mexican kitchens are generally terrible.

Oh, and having a literally computer mining room in the basement means I always have a nice hot room which works pretty darn good for dough that needs to rise!

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina
For the wordpress people, is there an alternative to Depicter plugin to make a slide show ? The background croping function is totally broken, The last 30 min I've been triying for it to properly show the image of a smiling welder worker and some text, but it's just impossible, best I've got its half his face to show as background. Never thought a peace of code could make me this angry. It looks amazing in the plugin editor, but then in elementor and in my phone it shows completely diferent/awfully cropped the image.

Edit: I posted this and instantly found the soultion lol, I croped the image in canva. The plugin tool is so broken thought.

Last edited:

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
I managed to go from 3k to 30k+ in one week on Instagram

View attachment 47287

Pretty crazy cause I put 4 years in Youtube and only got to 30k also...

View attachment 47288

---

I learned a lot from running the youtube channel on how to make content. And always felt that if I switched up the focus (freelancing business skills instead of web design directly) that things would grow a lot faster. So pretty glad I took the chance and gave the new style of IG content a go.

Screenshot 2023-02-23 at 08.04.57.png
Crazy, never had anything take off so fast.

Over 10k more since I made this post yesterday evening.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.