The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Product Infomercial -Distribution System -Asking For Advice

Marketing, social media, advertising

Tyyler

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 16, 2021
Hello,

MJ, if you're reading this I firstly want to say thank you! You've helped me change my life. However, I do have a question/scenario for you.

I created a successful product after reading The Millionaire Fastlane . The product has been featured on HSN and various other sites/catalog companies while currently selling well on Amazon. However, I primarily relied on wholesaling as my distribution system.

After re-reading Fastlane, I decided to invest in my own distribution system. One where I could satisfy all of the commandments and have complete control and scale through a direct response TV infomercial.

The infomercial aired last week, but I'm convinced my media buyers bought stations with 0 viewership.. (They were subscription stations I've never heard about) it burned 13k for 150 website visitors.. (I don't mean to use this platform to vent here) I'm here to see if there is any other Fastlaner out there, like me that went all in on an infomercial for a product distribution system. These numbers can't be right, so I want to try again with a different media buyer, but I have no one to relate this with. And do not know another person who produced and aired a DRTV infomercial.

If you are reading this and have any experience in the field, I would love to connect with you and hear how yours went. I need some advice from other infomercial/product developers and I don't know where to turn. MJ, if you've got a minute I would love to show you the production and hear your thoughts. Some advice from my favorite author (and mentor in a way) would be of tremendous value. I can either spend the last 10k to my name on another media buy to stations with Nielsen numbers. Or call it quits and walk away. But I would hate to quit digging just 3 feet from the gold..

It's an unusual spot I'm in on my entrepreneurial path.
If you have an informercial or product on TV, PLEASE message me.
MJ, I would love to hear your thoughts.

Thank you,
Tyler

@MJ DeMarco

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I have no experience in this area, however, its sounds like your problem is your media buyer who isn't working on your behalf, but just arbitrarily making media buys.

Can you do the media buys yourself?

I thought that was now possible in today's age.

Tyyler

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 16, 2021
I have no experience in this area, however, its sounds like your problem is your media buyer who isn't working on your behalf, but just arbitrarily making media buys.

Can you do the media buys yourself?

I thought that was now possible in today's age.
MJ,

Totally understandable and thank you for the reply.

I do not know if the media buys are possible by myself but I will look into it.

Guess it comes down to not knowing when to quit. I can toss in the towel and accept it as a failure. Admit the product isn't what the market needs/wants. Or try again..
It's tough when sales have been good with my wholesalers.

Here's the informercial if you felt like checking it out.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=legukhau0uc&t=11s

Would you keep pushing this and try to get better media buys?
Or move on to the next idea?

@MJ DeMarco

G

Guest-5ty5s4

MJ,

Totally understandable and thank you for the reply.

I do not know if the media buys are possible by myself but I will look into it.

Guess it comes down to not knowing when to quit. I can toss in the towel and accept it as a failure. Admit the product isn't what the market needs/wants. Or try again..
It's tough when sales have been good with my wholesalers.

Here's the informercial if you felt like checking it out.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=legukhau0uc&t=11s

Would you keep pushing this and try to get better media buys?
Or move on to the next idea?

@MJ DeMarco
it seems like a great product.

Have you tried running video ads on let's say, cooking channels?

Google owns youtube, I've never run a youtube ad, but I'd imagine that would be perfect for this.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Flint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
Jul 14, 2020
This doesn't look like a failure to me, but perhaps you are hitting the wrong markets.
+1

@Tyyler

This isn't my field and I'm not your customer either, but you reminded me of Joy Mangano (portrayed by Jennifer Lawrence in Joy) who went through similar struggles.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JH1sUz1m4cY

Keep going and keep tweaking. I want to see a movie about you, too, man. ;)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.