The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Introduction and asking for advice

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

master oogway

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 17, 2023
Hello everyone, in this post I would like to introduce myself in few sentences and my current situation.

I'm a 23 year old guy from eastern Europe.
I recently got a software engineering degree and shortly after I landed my first job.

However, I'm realising that this job is not for me, it just makes me so unhappy and dissatisfied with my life.
I don't even remember how I made the decision to pursue that degree, but it was the only degree in my country where you could get a decent salary after graduation.

After reading MJ's books, I will take a guess and say that as many of you, I realised that the lifestyle of 9-5 job is not the only way.
After doing some research, I decided that I want to start a youtube channel about the world of finance, which is deeply fascinating to me.

However, currently my biggest problem is the voiceover.
English is not my native language and I think that I have quite a strong accent.
Recently a friend reviewed the intro of my first video and gave me a negative feedback which made me think that I would never be as good in my voice over skills in order to have a successful channel.

So I would like to ask all of you, do you have any similar experience, and if you did, how did you handle the challenge.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

p.s:
I don't know if I'm allowed to attach a snippet of my intro.
But if I can, I would love to do that and get your feedback on is it just too much suffering listening an eastern europe guy trying to get the english words right :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jobless

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Jun 8, 2017
EU
Yes, a heavy accent will probably be an obstacle. Does not make it impossible, but harder. You can mitigate it by getting better or employing a native narrator, an AI voiceover, having a co-host / guest that does most of the talking.

Alternatively, you can embrace it like certain actors do, making the heavy accent a part of your online persona -- This means the accent must be congruent with the rest of your image. In turn, the image must be one that resonates with your audience. What that audience is I don't know, but I am sure you can find some niche if you really try. Imagine someone else had your accent. What would you trust them to be an expert at in the world of finance? You are a foreigner, with knowledge and experience in what is foreign to the audience. You become their guide.

MRiabov

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
May 30, 2023
Eastern Europe and the only way to get rich is to be an SWE?

Is that Slovakia?

Also, don't mess around with fastless businesses like YouTube.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Your job is actually or code be in high demand for beginning companies who gained Venture Capital or you could start your own system later In the future.

I would highly recommend you to stay where you are and not do anything sudden.

There are still people who are looking for jobs in Tech.

Back to your Original question, create a post on Upwork to find you a voice over actor, set a budget, interview, test, then hire. Voila!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.