The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Preserving Wealth, My #1 Tip. Don't Get Married! (Or Maybe You Should?)

DreamsCameTrue

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Jun 29, 2014
Hollywood Hills
Quick credibility explanation. The reason you should listen to me is because I have been coaching men for the last 10 years on women and relationships. Many men over 40 have been severely damaged by a financial catastrophe that can be EASILY avoided. This goes for women also, I'm not posting this for the men only.

The easiest way to get rich and avoid financial ruin is.....

1- follow what's in the fastlane
2- pay all your taxes
3- do not get married, and do not get divorced

As far as #3, the signs are everywhere. Marriage and divorce ruin your finances. But most people refuse to see the evidence that is right in front of their face, because they are blinded by love and tradition, wanting to do the same things their parents did.

News flash! The laws have completely changed since your parents got married. You will be wiped out for sure if you have money and you get a divorce.

I urge you to watch this documentary on the divorce industry-

To put it in a nutshell:
The laws have changed. Divorce is an industry now. There is massive collusion between judges and lawyers, and they will take all your cash and liquidate your assets during a divorce proceedings. There's no rules in Family Court. Judges don't have to go by laws or precedents. They can do anything they want. There is no oversight and no challenging them.

On day 1, you sign up for a divorce attorney and they will often put a lien on your house and other assets just in case you can't pay. The judge can then order your house to be sold to pay legal fees.

After day 1, the judges and lawyers team up to drag out the case as long as possible.

In summary, it's not that you need to worry about your spouse taking your money, it's the lawyers that will take it.

I know a girl whose parents spent $600K on a divorce, and it's not over yet!

BUT WAIT, I CAN GET MARRIED BECAUSE I WON'T BE GETTING DIVORCED!
Nope sorry, the stats just don't support this. More than half of marriages end up in divorce and there's nothing special about you or your spouse that will change this. As you grow your fortune, you also incentivize your spouse to divorce you. Do you really want to have a 50% chance of getting financially wiped out? People change, goals change, relationships end. You can't fight this, it's human nature.

Marriage is a dirty business.
Divorce is even more dirty!

Again, please watch that entire documentary, it's available on iTunes. Don't be blind to the biggest mistake of your life.

BTW I'm single so I have no ax to grind. I just feel I'm one of the few people paying attention to what's actually going on, so I wanted to share it with you here.

Edited by Vigilante as we don't permit frat boy slang in this forum.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
**Edited to remove nasty knee-jerk remark that served no purpose**

Just because most people don't make it work, doesn't mean it won't work.

Why don't you take a look at the stats on getting rich...

Why are you here if the stats are all that matters?

Last edited:

Journey2Million$

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Jan 3, 2015
I knew marriage & divorce was extremely horrific, but your description is a bit worse than I even knew or imagined. I think basically the government is trying their best to destroy marriage. About half of adults today are not married, whereas several decades ago, something like 90% of adults were married and divorce was uncommon. It's extremely foolish for any man to get married these days.

Even if they don't divorce you, you have divorce and financial ruin hanging over your head like a sword, which makes it easy for your wife to bully you and boss you around like a little dog on a leash. I've seen a lot of men who act subservient to their wife, and it's disgusting. Bruce Jenner is a good example of this.

Women have all the legal power in relationships and there's a lot of ways they can ruin your life whether or not you marry them. They can falsely accuse you of rape or violence and put you in jail. It's not even safe to live with a girlfriend anymore, because I heard about a guy whose girlfriend falsely accused him of something to get him in jail, then she and her parents robbed his home of everything, including a lot of very valuable things as well as things of small value. She just cleaned him out. Then the district attorney ordered the police not to do anything about it and told him that all he could do is go to a civil trial against her.

Also remember the woman who cut off her husband's or boyfriend's penis? She only got a few month's in a mental health institution and was then set free.

Also there's child support. If you get a girl pregnant, she'll make you pay child support, and the court will raise your child support payment if your income goes up, but will never lower it if your income goes down. So it seems to me there's a good chance you'll be financially wiped out and end up in jail for not being able to pay child support.

We need to join the mens movement and use our money to fight to get our rights back, because all our rights vs women have been taken away. It's a nightmare situation.

I'm definitely not getting married. I won't put my nuts in the hands of some woman to decide whether or not she wants to cut them off and when. I won't kow tow to some stupid woman like a lot of other guys do and I won't be restricted to a man cave in a basement or garage of a house that I paid for. F that BS. I'm gonna have and do whatever I want. And if I want a 12 foot tall alien statue in my house, then I'm gonna have it and no woman's gonna tell me I can't.

Last edited:

DreamsCameTrue

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Jun 29, 2014
Hollywood Hills
So let me ask you this.

What if you were a real estate investor. What if you were offered a deal on a house where you had to put all your money in, but there was a 50% chance the house would fall into a sink hole at some point in the next 30 years, no one knows when. Would you do the deal?

You can do anything un-married that you can do married, and there's far less risk.

Wanna have kids? You can do it without marriage. Want to stay together until you die? You can do that without marriage. Do you want to have a big party and invite 500 people, you can do that without marriage also.

Marriage invites a bunch of lawyers and the government into your financial affairs, and the results are not good these days. Open your eyes. It's all around us.

SlowlaneJay

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Oct 25, 2014
Bogotá, Colombia
50%, no thank you!

Oh you thought I meant marriage? I meant the movie :)

23XPEbW.png

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Quick credibility explanation. The reason you should listen to me is because I have been coaching men for the last 10 years on women and relationships. Many men over 40 have been severely damaged by a financial catastrophe that can be EASILY avoided. This goes for women also, I'm not posting this for the men only.

2- pay all your taxes

As far as #3, the signs are everywhere. Marriage and divorce ruin your finances. But most people refuse to see the evidence that is right in front of their face, because they are blinded by love and tradition, wanting to do the same things their parents did.

News flash! The laws have completely changed since your parents got married. You will be wiped out for sure if you have money and you get a divorce.

To put it in a nutshell:
The laws have changed. Divorce is an industry now. There is massive collusion between judges and lawyers, and they will take all your cash and liquidate your assets during a divorce proceedings. There's no rules in Family Court. Judges don't have to go by laws or precedents. They can do anything they want. There is no oversight and no challenging them.

On day 1, you sign up for a divorce attorney and they will often put a lien on your house and other assets just in case you can't pay. The judge can then order your house to be sold to pay legal fees.

After day 1, the judges and lawyers team up to drag out the case as long as possible.

In summary, it's not that you need to worry about your spouse taking your money, it's the lawyers that will take it.

Nope sorry, the stats just don't support this. More than half of marriages end up in divorce and there's nothing special about you or your spouse that will change this. As you grow your fortune, you also incentivize your spouse to divorce you. Do you really want to have a 50% chance of getting financially wiped out? People change, goals change, relationships end. You can't fight this, it's human nature.

Again, please watch that entire documentary, it's available on iTunes. Don't be blind to the biggest mistake of your life.

BTW I'm single so I have no ax to grind. I just feel I'm one of the few people paying attention to what's actually going on, so I wanted to share it with you here.

Edited by Vigilante as we don't permit frat boy slang in this forum.
I edited your post to delete your vulgar frat boy reference. You can be articulate without devaluing women to make a point

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah

2- pay all your taxes

To put it in a nutshell:

PS- for the men reading who think getting rich is their ticket to non-stop pussy, you're in for a rude awakening too, but that's a conversation for another day :)

I guess I need to elaborate.

I agree with your first and second points. Not the third.

Here's why:

The laws have changed. Definitely agree on this.

Half of marriages end in divorce. Definitely agree on this.

Judges and lawyers can F*ck you. Definitely agree on this.

Marriage is a dirty business and so is divorce. Definitely agree on this.

What I don't agree on.

Divorce is inevitable - I don't agree with this for multiple reasons. The first of which is simply that if it was inevitable, then all marriages would end in divorce, not 50%.

There's nothing special about you and your spouse that will changes this
- I don't agree with this because there are plenty of people whose relationships last. Not everyone blindly picks a mate. Some people spend years getting it right.

Do you really want to have a 50% chance of getting financially wiped out? - I will gladly accept this chance, because I wouldn't even have half of what I have right now if it wasn't for my spouse.

Obviously some marriages don't end well. That part is clear. That doesn't mean all marriages don't end well. Instead of assuming failure, why not work at incentivizing a spouse to stay.

You have to take calculated risks. Not stupid risks.

I'm not saying everyone should rush out and get married. But assuming it can't, or won't work, based on statistics is no different than assuming you can't or won't get rich because so few people make it happen.

The 1% gets freedom. The 1% gets happiness. The 1% don't live in fear of what might happen.

P.S. Sorry for the knee-jerk response. I do that sometimes.

Bila

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Dec 2, 2014
Ontario Canada
Curious to see what others think .......personally, i see your point and understand, eventhough, culturally it's difficult for me to imagine a long term relationship without marriage or living together without marriage ( my poor mom would have a heart attack :-(

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I knew marriage & divorce was extremely horrific, but your description is a bit worse than I even knew or imagined. I think basically the government is trying their best to destroy marriage. About half of adults today are not married, whereas several decades ago, something like 90% of adults were married and divorce was uncommon. It's extremely foolish for any man to get married these days.

Even if they don't divorce you, you have divorce and financial ruin hanging over your head like a sword, which makes it easy for your wife to bully you and boss you around like a little dog on a leash. I've seen a lot of men who act subservient to their wife, and it's disgusting. Bruce Jenner is a good example of this.

Women have all the legal power in relationships and there's a lot of ways they can ruin your life whether or not you marry them. They can falsely accuse you of rape or violence and put you in jail. It's not even safe to live with a girlfriend anymore, because I heard about a guy whose girlfriend falsely accused him of something to get him in jail, then she and her parents robbed his home of everything, including a lot of very valuable things as well as things of small value. She just cleaned him out. Then the district attorney ordered the police not to do anything about it and told him that all he could do is go to a civil trial against her.

Also remember the woman who cut off her husband's or boyfriend's penis? She only got a few month's in a mental health institution and was then set free.

Also there's child support. If you get a girl pregnant, she'll make you pay child support, and the court will raise your child support payment if your income goes up, but will never lower it if your income goes down. So it seems to me there's a good chance you'll be financially wiped out and end up in jail for not being able to pay child support.

We need to join the mens movement and use our money to fight to get our rights back, because all our rights vs women have been taken away. It's a nightmare situation.

I'm definitely not getting married. I won't put my nuts in the hands of some woman to decide whether or not she wants to cut them off and when. I won't kow tow to some stupid woman like a lot of other guys do and I won't be restricted to a man cave in a basement or garage of a house that I paid for. F that BS. I'm gonna have and do whatever I want.

Ridiculous post. After censoring the original poster then I came across this little beauty from you. Closing this thread until the moderators have a chance to review all of this.

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Also I'm probably more defensive against this because I'm already married (twice haha).

Would probably see through different lenses if I was on the other side.

Last edited:

Metabaron

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Feb 16, 2015
Indiana
Being married is work 24/7. Double time when you have a kid(or kids). Treat it sort of like a fastlane, needs to be built up in a partnership to reap bigger rewards/value later. Same mindset as starting a business, if you think it will fail out of the gate then you will make it fail. Work, risk, reward. In this case, the rewards are 99% worth the risk.

CycleGuy

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
254%
Jan 16, 2015
Midwest
Marriage is tough and divorce can cause major financial strain.

But

There are many successful entrepreneurs that have wives. Having a strong, trustworthy partner can easily help in the entrepreneur lifestyle.
Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg both gambled on wives.

DreamsCameTrue

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Jun 29, 2014
Hollywood Hills
Misogyny? This post was for women as much as men. A wealthy woman can be wiped out by lawyers just as easily as a man. Lawyers don't care if the money comes from a woman or a man.

As usual, any "outside the mainstream" idea gets labeled politcally incorrect.

"My mom would have a heart attack" is a great post by Bila :) That's one of the main reasons people get married and take a huge financial risk- family pressure from old people who think the old laws still apply.

OK now let's not get too off course here....who watched the Divorce Corp trailer I posted? Did anyone watch the full movie yet?

DreamsCameTrue

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Jun 29, 2014
Hollywood Hills
You don't permit "frat boy slang," but people can use the term "retarded" which is far more inflammatory than anything I said.

I used the word "spouse" every time and never used the word "wife."

Viginante- send another mod in here, as it's clear that you are personally offended by the subject matter and you're not being objective.

Trivium iz rC

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Jan 23, 2014
Interesting post,

I know this video/post is from marriages in the USA. I'm wondering how other divorce courts handle it. How about other countries? Wondering if any of our friends here in the forum outside the USA can comment if divorce courts are as bad outside the states.

I'm personally not against marriage or women. I love females, but as someone posted above you can do basically everything without getting married. It's just a paper that binds you into a legal contract. People also change as they age.

I was looking into statistics on marriage the other night and it said that (Out of 1,000 recently divorced men in the survey) 80% of men surveyed felt rushed/pressured into marriage from there female spouse before they were ready or comfortable. Out of those 1k men that got divorced 64% of divorce's were filed by women without the men having any clue or sign of divorce.

My buddy got divorced 3 years ago & I was there for all of his divorce hearings & court dates, the judge that he got was a male and so bias. Threw countless stuff out of the window & didn't listen to anything on my friends side. He didn't have kids yet which prob the best decision of his life. His wife was pretty much a stay at home wife and could do whatever she wanted, she ended up becoming an alcoholic and getting them into tons of credit card debt. He was a hard worker & owned his own company that was making him a nice salary employed a dozen people & made him some nice profits.

Judge ruled she got to keep the cars, house & granted her 50% ownership in his business. He had to pay all her legal costs during the battle. Also had to pay alimony ($8,000/per month) for the rest of his life.

He wasn't having any of it and tried to appeal it up to the supreme court & lost.

What was his next plan you ask? Be a SLAVE for the rest of his life? NOPE

Since he didn't have any kids he decided to renounce his US citizenship & got citizenship in another country. POOF it all went away.

LADIES & GENTS,

@MJ DeMarco wrote it in his book. BE A PRODUCER not a consumer. Countries around the world will bend there rules & regulations for PRODUCERS. PRODUCERS help create jobs, products & tax dollars. CONSUMERS do not. PRODUCERS have CONTROL. As you can see with my buddies story you can take everything away from him. But you cant take away his skill to produce, production will always be in demand in a global economy.

As for my friend he's doing great now, happier then ever he lives in south east asia. Started another company and has the same lifestyle that he once had in the united states. The only difference is he pays single digits for taxes ;)

I see his ex-wife around town a lot, plays the victim role & constantly telling ppl how much of a POS he is and telling ppl i'm still friends with him & how i'm a POS. She came up to me the other day and told me she found out he's living and south east asia. She quoted "I hope he likes living in that dump of a 3rd world country broke & homeless. He deserves it!!!" I looked at her straight in the eye and smiled then said "Yes he does".

In my friends best 5 word phrase. "Produce, Then GO WERE YOUR TREATED BEST

DreamsCameTrue

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Jun 29, 2014
Hollywood Hills
Well that's interesting that he escaped the divorce machine out of the USA.

The documentary makes a case that other countries have better laws, specifically northern europe.

If this becoming an anti-wife thread, make a mental note it wasn't me who took it there. I'm not anti woman, I'm anti lawyers and family court. From what I gather from the documentary it's not your wife/husband that will take the money, it's the lawyers.

Kingmaker

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Jan 26, 2013
San Diego
Last edited:

FastNAwesome

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 23, 2011
Want to stay together until you die? You can do that without marriage.

Where I'm from, living together for a while gets treated like a marriage if there's any dispute. So my recommendation is to always check local laws.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Marriage and divorce ruin your finances

I would say there is truth to this statement. If you made bad choices to begin with and selected the wrong partner, this can happen without a doubt. And been here already and done this. Not every marriage ends up in divorce, because I believe some people know this to be true. They know they will lose everything, so they go through the motions And others are still married because they love each other.

You have two things happening in a divorce. Pay backs for getting the divorce so I have to say your ex is probably playing a part in ruining you. And the second part, the lawyer fees. This was the most exciting adventure I ever experienced, and a wake up call, and pretty much you're screwed when it happens. And I'm a female. So it doesn't just happen to men. Depends on whose the Villain in the situation.

And to tell you the truth anyone can destroy your finances, it all matters who you choose to have access to your life, and the choices they make. Your business partner can screw you with legal fees and any other information they have access too if they have the leverage.

Your family can cause you financial distress. Don't be so naive, that it's just divorce. Human Nature itself wants to settle a score. It all comes down to your choices, what you know and don't know, and who you're dealing with in the first place. I suppose you just learn not to trust human nature, because in the right situation or circumstance under certain stresses and pressures, anyone can play the villain.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
@theag That's a good one, better time warp back to the fifties. You'll have better luck with that! lol

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
According to my mentor, a prenup captured on video is all you need. With that said, I'm currently broke, so if any of you wealthy female fastlaners want to get married without a prenup, feel free to message me.

you missed this part. lol

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL

you missed this part. lol

From my understanding, prenups that have been captured on video have yet to be broken.

As for as the whole "marriage built without trust" argument, that's where you get one of your business partners to insist on a prenup. No business partner wants to become partners with the spouse.

Bila

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Dec 2, 2014
Ontario Canada
@DreamsCameTrue i think Vigilante was refering to @Journey2Million$ Post as misogynistic and it's sure is. I did not see misogynism in your post.
@theag sorry but your post is just plain disrespectful ......Women are not trainable puppies. Period.

Back to the issue : i agree that people change, people are unpredictable in their own way, you cant control life situations and how people would respond to them,
....so yes marriage being a partnership you can only control your 50%.
However,and just like in business you have to believe. Believe in achieving the impossible, you have to keep your innocence and dont get stained negatively by the experience (s) ( yes get wise, but stay innocent as contradictory as this might sound ) ....
Just like in business, keep having faith, dont hold back ( because holding back is for cowards anyway) ......

Journey2Million$

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Jan 3, 2015
Just like in business, keep having faith, dont hold back ( because holding back is for cowards anyway) ......

That's really easy for you to say since the entire legal system 100% favors women and persecutes men. Women rarely have to pay alimony and women get child custody 95% of the time. Stop using insults and name calling.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.