The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Please steal my idea!

Idea threads

Jinxus

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Jul 23, 2013
NYC
Healthy, tasty, precooked meals aimed at anyone with fitness goals. I've been been into lifting for 6 years now, and the hardest, most struggle some part for me is getting enough calories/protein/carbs/fats (w/o drinking 8 protein shakes a day) to support my muscle gaining goals. Killing it in the gym is the easy part, prepping meals for hours every couple of days is what makes it hard for me. You could target everybody with a fitness goal. You could have something like, "choose your goal" and build them a diet based on that, then ship out however many precooked meals they want every week. This "choose your goal" not only targets me, the skinny guy, but it also targets the overweight people, the people who want to maintain, the girls who want to get "toned."

Yes, there are a few companies already out there trying something similar, but I haven't found any doing what I described. It seems even more rare for them to actually precook the meals for you, a lot of them are just sending ingredients. I don't care about ingredients! I can buy those myself in a short period of time, the hard part is making all the meals and cleaning up.

There are tons of YouTube videos of people showing amateurs how to do this themselves, showing that there's a need. Myself alone, I'd pay you $500+ per month easy if you could provide me a service like this! Example video below.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SBS.95

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Oct 14, 2012
Pennsylvania
Your thread made me think of the foolishness of all the "I don't want to share my idea because someone will steal it!" posts.

If I could get my ideas "stolen" by simply complaining about them on forums, life would be awesome.

To add on to your post, I want someone to come along and actually make filling-sized portions of healthy meals. All of the pre-packaged healthy foods at grocery stores suffer from this. When I started dieting, like most I was stupid when it came to portions. I was always hungry. Why? Because I was eating the same portions of salad + chicken as I would a plate of spaghetti. A plate of pasta has 1000 calories, whereas a plate of salad with grilled chicken has ~300.

My theory is that most people give up on diets so easily because they are starving all the time, simply because they don't realize when you are eating meat and vegetables you need to eat a LOT more (quantity) than you would unhealthy shit. It's amazing how many calories they can cram into a tiny Whopper Jr.

Entrepreneur21

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Aug 6, 2014
Denmark
I kinda love this Idea, always having to make meals and cleaning up after drives me insane when you are eating six meals a day. Just not sure how you would go about it... I suppose you could make like a monthly subscription where you get meals every week and have it delivered maybe have cooks or some catering firm do the cooking... Will have to think about this reps transferred for not being afraid to share your ideas brah.

CommonCents

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Apr 14, 2009
MN
I wish I could get all that food freshly prepared and delivered for 500 a month. :)

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
My brother and I have actually been thinking of starting this business in Canada and expanding to the US.

I was actually thinking of getting my mom to cook the meals at home (shes an EXCELLENT COOK!) and if we get big enough will expand to a factory. I was thinking of providing anything from chicken to fish including rice, salad, etc...

One thing I'm trying to figure out is if consumers would be fine with frozen food? Multiple containers containing food for your whole week. You'll receive a shipment every week.

The demand is there and I need to execute fast.

Jinxus

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Jul 23, 2013
NYC
My brother and I have actually been thinking of starting this business in Canada and expanding to the US.

I was actually thinking of getting my mom to cook the meals at home (shes an EXCELLENT COOK!) and if we get big enough will expand to a factory. I was thinking of providing anything from chicken to fish including rice, salad, etc...

One thing I'm trying to figure out is if consumers would be fine with frozen food? Multiple containers containing food for your whole week. You'll receive a shipment every week.

The demand is there and I need to execute fast.

Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

Mexidan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Mar 28, 2012
I just told my friends about this exact concept.. the food at my job´s cafeteria is very unhealthy and I´m too busy (lazy) to cook every day. I would definitely pay for a service like this.

I believe there are a couple of rather successful companies in LA with this same concept, correct?

Lathan

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
May 24, 2013
Wow, this is exactly what I need but in the US. Great prices too. $340 for 30 meals, not bad

340 for 30 meals? Sounds like a ripoff. If you are like a lot of fitness people who eat 6 meals a day then you will only have 5 days of meals. 10k for a full month of meals? Say what? And even if you only eat 3 meals a day... still $340 only buys you 10 days worth of meals.

Might as well hire a personal in house chef. haha

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
Luv the idea & that food looks so delicious makes me feel like chicken tonight! :).. I had something similar pop into my mind a few weeks ago but with a twist; Gym membership with free all you can eat buffet with healthy food/shakes (and free nutritional advice) at the gym facility! After a work out you can have a meal network with other fitness nuts etc.

Last edited:

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Love the idea, I would jump on this if I didn't already have something with high potential going on.

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ

Deon

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Jun 19, 2011
Miami, FL
In Miami, there are at least two companies doing it... CateredFit.com and DeliverLean.com

My friend who tried both say Catered Fit is cheaper and better.

Timbonitus

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Aug 28, 2014
Sounds like an awesome idea. I'm trying to bulk up and absolutely hate cooking all the time. I say do it.

Ronnie

Get Busy Living, or Get Busy Dying.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 18, 2013
New York
Outsource the cooking of the meals to a local deli, restaurant or chef school, then ship out to your customers.

Sounds good, but I personally wouldn't do it. Cooking and shipping food can go real BAD for you and your company if something happens on the customer's end (getting sick,expired ingredients,insects,etc)

hestati

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jan 14, 2014
San Diego, Cali
I thought about it and I still think it is a great idea, I might jump on it when my trip is over and I get to San Diego. Pricewise though, I don't think it will cost $500, at least not for 3-4 meals a day...

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
There are smaller local companies doing this successfully. A few members here get meals from a local tx place at around 7-8/meal I think. There is a local company in VA that does then from 8-10. The bigger issue is scale with precooked foods.

earlymornings

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Feb 16, 2014
Couple of great businesses like this in Australia..

http://www.musclemealsdirect.com.au/

http://www.workoutmeals.com.au/

The biggest factor would be the time VS cost. Can you spare a few hours a week to cook in order to save some $$?

My opinion in Australia, is that you can buy all the ingredients and cook for yourself for about half the price those businesses are offering but in saying that, I'd spend 4-5 hours a week cooking.

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
already being done for a long time now..

next...
Are you serious?

That mindset will get you nowhere in business. Bodybuilding.com isn't the only company doing this. If other companies thought like you, they wouldn't be making more than bodybuilding.com right now with respect to prepped meals.

I guess @MJ DeMarco shouldn't have wrote his book cause there are tons of other books out there.

Petro Canada shouldn't sell gas cause Esso is already selling gas.

I shouldn't rent out pre-fab containers cause other companies are doing it already.

That's not how it works.

Jinxus

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Jul 23, 2013
NYC
already being done for a long time now.. --- http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/b-elite-fuel.html

get it the next day on ice, pop in microwave for 8 mins.... all meals prepped, seasoned and prepared...

used to order this all the time.... just expensive

next...

I didn't know about this, so thanks for the link.

As someone who has been lifting for a long time and even a member on the Bodybuilding forums since 2008, I should know about this. There's a strong lack of marketing or else I'm blind.

samuraijack

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Jul 27, 2014
New York, New York
Could work,but who would be the target demographic? In big cities, 9-5'ers usually eat out with coworkers during lunch, and usually don't grab anything for breakfast until they are on the way to work.

The people that do stay at home for more than one meal, usually would either not have the money (students) or would rather prefer to cook (older folks).

I didn't know about this, so thanks for the link.

As someone who has been lifting for a long time and even a member on the Bodybuilding forums since 2008, I should know about this. There's a strong lack of marketing or else I'm blind.

Unaware

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.