The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Finding Out What Customers Want!! + Validating My Idea!

Idea threads

Superman

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Feb 19, 2013
Toronto
I have a really good idea along the lines of MJ's lead generation for a very niche market. I have the entire plan on how to set it in motion (as a matter of fact I have set things in motion already) and it is going good. I have a super neat idea how to execute it and it will take me roughly a month to execute and launch it. A month of intense work that is.

On the weekend I setup a landing page where I drove targeted traffic to it by ads (google ads and some other method), 5% showed interest have signed up to my email list and 1% have emailed me and let me know how great my idea is and when I launch my site I should give them a shout.

I also created a group for my idea on my Facebook, invited all my friends and told them to invite all of their friends, the group now has hundreds of people in it. I also set a poll on the group and asked about my idea, IF I implement would they use it and about 10% of people voted, more than 9% said YES, less than 1% said NO and the rest didn't vote (bastards!).

I'm stuck with few questions, if ANYONE could shed some light on them (in ANY way shape or form), I'd greatly appreciate it:

(1) In what ways I could use all the people who liked my idea (through Facebook POLL) or subscribed to my email list to uncover what they really want, so I don't waste my time doing 1 month of intense work then find out...shit! no one is using the damn thing!

(2) In general what are some ways to truly uncover what my niche market wants. Cold calling? Emailing? Surveying?etc?..what is the best way other than what I've already tried (from above) to find out what people want or are interested in what I'm building, so when I build my product I won't be rejected horribly...

(3) My idea is actually a bigger idea than what I am launching with, but to enter that market & then expand I chose to enter it as a lead generation entry; initially completely free until I build enough user base and traffic then I will try to monetize it "somehow".

NOW my issue is how can I monetize a lead generation business which was initially freely sending leads to people, how can I work on the transition to a true business system where I say, "Hey customer1, I'm sending you 50 leads a day, I will take you off my site unless you pay..." <--- This is not the best strategy. What is the right transitory strategy. MJ if you are reading this, how did you transition? What was the process like starting off, transitioning to a paid model, how it happened? what did you do? I can't figure that part out quiet yet! (BTW This question is from everyone not just MJ)

Please speak/write from YOUR past experience if relevant.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Superman

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Feb 19, 2013
Toronto
90 views and no one could shed light on my questions? I'm pretty sure the answers to these questions would help everyone....don't you think?

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
Join some forums in that niche and ask around for opinions and thoughts from the very same people who would be your typical customer. There are forums on pretty much ANY topic out there. Either sit down or get a VA to join them, ask a few honest questions, or create polls.

You could also go to places like Yahoo Answers or industry blogs, or use some research with keyword tools or other niche market tools to get a picture of potential demand.

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
Man...that's a LONG post. I suspect the reason for lack of replies. Too long to read...
I don't know how complicated the problem or solution is. All I can say is if I think I can solve a problem or fill a need I step into my potential cotomers' shoes. I mean literally if I have to buy something...then ask...what do I want ?, join something,whatever

Superman

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Feb 19, 2013
Toronto
Try and make an actual sale.

I have not made a sale yet, but few people contacted me about wanting to be part of my new website. We'll see. Thanks for the tip I dont know what to sell yet until I get a good user base, thanks for the tip, I will try to think what I can sell at this early stage.

Superman

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Feb 19, 2013
Toronto
Man...that's a LONG post. I suspect the reason for lack of replies. Too long to read...
I don't know how complicated the problem or solution is. All I can say is if I think I can solve a problem or fill a need I step into my potential cotomers' shoes. I mean literally if I have to buy something...then ask...what do I want ?, join something,whatever

This ^^ for sure is the reason why no one is helping me...haha...I tend to write ALOT...hmmm thanks for the pro tip, I will keep that in mind next time I post :p. As Eskil (Thanks Eskil!) mentioned I have to join some related forum and ask them what's their problem; although my *entry* business model is very very similar to MJ's limousine business, but a completely different niche. They will not see the value in my system until I can prove to them it is useful and send them customers in few interesting ways that I'm working on.

At least that's what I'm thinking right now, these guys will get customers for making absolutely no effort on their part and I'm planning to automate everything. I get so excited talking about it...I can't wait to hear my customer's response when they get leads from my system for absolutely doing nothing. I just need to know how to montenize that once I gain traction. But this questions can be delayed for later I guess.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.