Firstly, I discovered this forum pretty recently and am impressed – this community is so helpful!
I've been Marketing Director for a junk removal franchisor for over 10 years. I've spent >$4 million using Google Ads, Facebook Ads, and SEO to grow our franchisees in their local markets. I've also refined the sh*t out of our website through A/B testing (doubling our conversion rate). I really do understand how to grow a junk removal business quickly and without any unnecessary "frills".
Now I want to build a business helping junk removal startups (1) get started and (2) grow. This is a big long-winded, but I've architected a plan and would love some feedback.
My audience would consist of 3 types of people at different stages of their journey in the "funnel" toward growing a junk removal business:
Once the audience has started their business (or are in the launch process), my paid services are what I'd be offering them. Rather than DIYing it, why not fast-forward the process and have me build your website + set up your Google Ads?
Here are my paid service offerings:
What does everybody think of my approach to the "journey"? There are a ton of guys (blue-collar, 25 - 45 years old) who are starting up junk removal businesses with their pickup truck and a trailer. Their websites generally suck and they don't know how to properly advertise and grow their business.
I'm also trying to figure out an MVP (minimal viable product) to build before going full-tilt on this project. Would love some ideas here.
I've been Marketing Director for a junk removal franchisor for over 10 years. I've spent >$4 million using Google Ads, Facebook Ads, and SEO to grow our franchisees in their local markets. I've also refined the sh*t out of our website through A/B testing (doubling our conversion rate). I really do understand how to grow a junk removal business quickly and without any unnecessary "frills".
Now I want to build a business helping junk removal startups (1) get started and (2) grow. This is a big long-winded, but I've architected a plan and would love some feedback.
My audience would consist of 3 types of people at different stages of their journey in the "funnel" toward growing a junk removal business:
- Top of Funnel (TOFU): people who want to start their own business, but aren't sure what to do
- Mid Funnel (MOFU): people who know they want to start a junk removal business, but aren't sure how to start.
- Bottom of Funnel (BOFU): existing junk removal business owners who want to grow their business.
- Blog post (TOFU)– designed to get people excited about junk removal as a business opportunity. This person wants to start a business, but hasn't considered junk removal yet.
- Showcase revenue potential, how fun the business can be, and the (relatively) low barrier to entry. Once they've digested the article and are interested, I'd promote the MOFU offering...
- Email lead magnet: Junk Removal Startup Guide (MOFU)– designed for people who've decided on junk removal, but haven't a clue on how to start.
- Free step-by-step guide on how to start your junk removal business, down to small details.
- Covers equipment, hiring, insurance, uniforms, defining your geographic territory, pricing, quoting jobs, etc.
- This will be an email magnet – enter your email address to gain access to the guide (either a PDF or a gated article). Eventually, I may include other nuggets, like access to an exclusive Facebook group.
- Paid: Marketing Plan/Course (BOFU) – my exact step-by-step marketing plan with all the details. Probably a PDF. Likely will charge $29+ for this, as it's high value and I like the idea of asking for a small amount of money in exchange for real value (gets the client comfortable paying me money, as I'll be selling them my service offerings next).
Once the audience has started their business (or are in the launch process), my paid services are what I'd be offering them. Rather than DIYing it, why not fast-forward the process and have me build your website + set up your Google Ads?
Here are my paid service offerings:
- Google Ads setup & management
- Value = Google Ads represents a LOT of potential revenue but is difficult to master. Why not just pay me, the expert, to set it up using my keywords + ad copy?
- Website design
- Value = you can choose from one of my pre-built, sales-driving, two-page "junk removal websites", which I'll build in Webflow (super easy & secure for client to manage after hand-off), and I'll customize it for your business: logo, colors, client-provided photography, custom copy, and hooking the website into the client's email system for leads.
- Upsells = Google Analytics setup; integration w/ Google Ads; a more comprehensive website that has SEO local pages
- Could potentially offer hosting, which would be a low monthly fee that includes 1-2 hours of website maintenance.
- Google Ads keywords
- Building and managing your own Google Ads but a leg-up on the competition? Purchase my keywords (deliverable will be in a CSV spreadsheet likely via Gumroad).
What does everybody think of my approach to the "journey"? There are a ton of guys (blue-collar, 25 - 45 years old) who are starting up junk removal businesses with their pickup truck and a trailer. Their websites generally suck and they don't know how to properly advertise and grow their business.
I'm also trying to figure out an MVP (minimal viable product) to build before going full-tilt on this project. Would love some ideas here.
- I could potentially build a simple one-page website with my service offerings and email existing business owners (BOFU) pitching them my Marketing Plan + services after offering some value (e.g. "here's a list of things I'd do to improve your website and drive more leads", etc.).
- I could also write the Startup Guide + the enticing article about how lucrative junk removal is, post the article in certain places (Facebook groups, Reddit, etc.) and see how many people are engaged and sign up for my free startup guide.
- Eventually, it'd be ideal to target an audience on Facebook Ads with the article (more scalable).
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
