The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Places to gather feedback for an upcoming project

Ilya C

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jun 6, 2019
Hello Fastlaners!

I'm building an android anti-theft app. Yes, I know there already are quite a few in the existence. Still, there are things that they lack and that I can build.
I figured it's worth the effort to gather some feedback first. How would you do this? I started with a google form Anti-theft Protection App that I'm going to invite forums'/reddit's users to fill.

Yes, filling the form won't immediately benefit them. However most important app's functions are going to be free. And the questionnaire will help tailor the app to the users' needs. Also, paying to get responses means that there will be people who fill forms as their job/side income, so it is optimized for maximum profit for them, not necessarily for the most honest feedback.

Am I wrong? What do you think?

FYI I've read these:

Use Forums and Surveys for Market Validation by DronePilot
How to use forums (and Facebook groups) by Andy Black
And I'm very grateful for the information provided, thank you!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hello Fastlaners!

I'm building an android anti-theft app. Yes, I know there already are quite a few in the existence. Still, there are things that they lack and that I can build.
I figured it's worth the effort to gather some feedback first. How would you do this? I started with a google form Anti-theft Protection App that I'm going to invite forums'/reddit's users to fill.

Yes, filling the form won't immediately benefit them. However most important app's functions are going to be free. And the questionnaire will help tailor the app to the users' needs. Also, paying to get responses means that there will be people who fill forms as their job/side income, so it is optimized for maximum profit for them, not necessarily for the most honest feedback.

Am I wrong? What do you think?

FYI I've read these:

Use Forums and Surveys for Market Validation by DronePilot
How to use forums (and Facebook groups) by Andy Black
And I'm very grateful for the information provided, thank you!
I’ve not read it, but there’s a book called “Ask”. Personally, I don’t survey people. I try to find them where they have problems and keep helping them. Patterns emerge. I also try to get to a free call with them where I can. Only the most motivated will get on a call, since it costs them their time.

Ilya C

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jun 6, 2019
I try to find them where they have problems and keep helping them. Patterns emerge

Thank you for the recommendations! Although I don't have an idea about how to help people who have already had their device stolen. Of course, there's the task of setting up a new phone from a cloud backup as well as calling the police and using the standard apps to locate your phone. But it hardly allows for any business opportunity (or at least I don't see it). In case of security, one has to be helped before anything bad happens.
Then again, maybe during these "helping sessions" other opportunities will present themselves.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Thank you for the recommendations! Although I don't have an idea about how to help people who have already had their device stolen. Of course, there's the task of setting up a new phone from a cloud backup as well as calling the police and using the standard apps to locate your phone. But it hardly allows for any business opportunity (or at least I don't see it). In case of security, one has to be helped before anything bad happens.
Then again, maybe during these "helping sessions" other opportunities will present themselves.
What other software/apps are they using that indicates they either currently have the problem, or are worried about the problem?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ilya C

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jun 6, 2019
What other software/apps are they using that indicates they either currently have the problem, or are worried about the problem?

I've found quite a few, here are the more popular ones:

1. Lockwatch - Thief Catcher - Apps on Google Play

2. CrookCatcher - Anti Theft - Apps on Google Play

3. Intruder Selfie™ - Apps on Google Play

As you can see, they've got tens of thousands of reviews, and not every user leaves a review.
However, there are some features potentially interesting for the customers that these apps lack.

Based on these tens of thousands of reviews I conclude that people are worried about the problem. And based on the features the apps lack, I think I can interest them in my alternative. The part about the features is my blind guess, however I've created the google form to try and verify it.

(Unfortunately, iOS doesn't allow for this kind of functionality, so the app I intend to deliver is focused on Android).

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.