The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

No network? No money? No idea? No education? NO PROBLEM!

MotiveInMotion

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Mar 14, 2016
Independent
Hey @IceCreamKid I just wanted to notify you of some of my progress, and follow up because I said earlier that I would be applying this...

I just shot an interview with Joel Brown, creator of Addicted2success.com, a site which has reached over 86 million views all time, and 3 million+ page views a month, on the topic of building up your personal brand.

He's one of many experts I will be interviewing, and I've already compiled the top 50 authorities in this self-development niche, created an 8k+ word post, and created the downloadable list and infographic that can be given away. I will continue to offer value through e-mail opt-ins like you suggested when I go out and shoot more of the interviews.

Thanks for the gold here, and I will keep applying it. If you're curious, you guys can watch the interview here: http://www.motiveinmotion.com/joel-brown-vital-keys-strong-personal-brand/

I'm excited to keep it rolling and keep contributing value for people who are looking to train their mind, master the inner game of entrepreneurship, and keep progressing.

Thank you for the game plan.

- Evan

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016
Yo @IceCreamKid is the GOAT tbh , I'll DEFF start this right now soon as i find a field other then music to focus on

BrooklynHustle

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Apr 3, 2014
DMV
You’ve read the “Astonishing Secrets” thread, feel inspired and empowered, yet you have done nothing about it. In an effort to reduce this phenomenon, I’m no longer going to be writing short stories that make you feel enlightened. Instead, you will only be getting action steps to get the ice cream. If you are reading this and you have not shifted your mindset then go back to the other thread.

If there’s any big takeaway for that thread, it is this: The first 2 years for a newbie entrepreneur are really just made to condition your mindset. Everyone THINKS that they’ll be a millionaire within 12 months, but that just isn’t the way it works…unless you’re Jack. Consider the first 2 years to be training for the Olympics. Don’t expect to win any gold medals until after the first 2 years of suck.

I am going to be eliminating ALL excuses that you have for not making money in this life.

Below is an overall view of the plan. Every so often I will post a detailed explanation of how to accomplish each task. I don't know how often I'll update it. I'm only doing this for fun to de-stress myself and when I need a few moments to take my mind off the guppy tank.

This outline is subject to change and is comprised mainly of JackEdwards style offline angles and z********* online creativity. A hybrid mix to make a unique flavor of ice cream.

Before you do any of this, please learn copy. Don't ask me if it works. Just trust.

1. Find the top 100 performers in XYZ niche and contact them through various methods for an interview.

2. Create a website and post one new interview per week discussing their best sales and marketing strategies.

3. Use free marketing strategies to drive traffic to your website. You are not selling anything at this point, only creating credibility and gaining trust.

4. After a good number of interviews, write up a PDF article titled, “The Astonishing Secrets That The Top Performers In XYZ Niche Don’t Want You To Know!”. List out some good info in this article. Generate an e-mail list by offering this article to potential leads on your website. “Enter your e-mail HERE and receive a FREE report!”. The list of e-mail leads is key for later on. THE LEADS ARE THE GOLD.

5. You’ll start noticing common pains that many of these top performers are experiencing. Take note of these pains for later.

6. Organize a Skype group for 10-20 of these performers who want the same need solved and organize weekly calls with the group. During each call, have them describe in EXPLICIT detail what they want the solution to look like. They will build rapport and trust with you over the coming weeks as you express that you genuinely care about solving their problem.

7. Once they have told you IN VERY DETAILED DESCRIPTIONS of what their solution should look like, get $2k-3k in pre-sales from each of them. They trust you at this point so it should feel comfortable.

8. Build the solution and launch it to your Skype group for testing.

9. After they have tested it out over the next few weeks and used it to their liking, get testimonials from them.

10. Now that your product has been tested and proven to work without bugs, promote it and e-mail some really good sales copy to the long list of e-mail leads that you’ve generated. They now trust you and see that you have credibility because you have been giving them some very valuable content discussing the best sales & marketing tactics of the top 100 performers in XYZ niche.

11. When you have some money in the bank, start using paid advertising to drive more leads.

12. Start asking yourself, "what else do my customers want?" then start building other amazing things for them.

You don’t need a network. You will learn various methods to contact the top 100 yourself.

You don’t need money. The Skype group will give you the pre-sale money.

You don’t need an idea. The Skype group will give it to you.

You don’t need an education. Blah. Real world education is far more valuable than classroom theory.

Stay creative forever…like an ice cream child.
Love this post. Thank you!

bbtb

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Jun 28, 2017
pembrokeshire
2. Create a website and post one new interview per week discussing their best sales and marketing strategies.
Very inspirational post. Looking at this comment wouldn't they company you did the interview with be annoyed that you have posted a discussion of their best sales and marketing strats?

inputchip

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
409%
Mar 26, 2017
www.tmkings.com
I stumbled upon this thread today by accident, but thank goodness I did!

I am a big fan of Dane Maxwell's methodology behind starting businesses, and this thread confirms this process. This week I have accumulated a list of 200 local business owners names and email addresses that are specific to my niche. I was planning on emailing them to schedule idea extraction calls, not interviews. However, after reading this thread I believe it will in fact be more beneficial to build an audience/customer list first by simply providing them with valuable content free of charge. This technique almost seems counter-intuitive at first, but it makes sense to provide them with value to first to gain their trust. Loving while expecting nothing back in return is the quickest way to build trust with clients!

What is everyone using for an outbound email provider? I did some research and it seems MailCheat(Chimp) is the best option for a free account. Perhaps I will jump to Quickmail once things pickup.

Any advice for jumping into a niche that is already fairly crowded with podcast interviews? I'm thinking it may be hard to stick out from the crowd when some others have been in the niche for many years already.

This thread is loaded with amazing advice. Thanks ICK and @SlowlaneJay for such actionable steps. I'm convinced @D. Maxwell and @IceCreamKid are the same person, or simply that great minds think alike. Check out this post by Dane back in Sept. 2013. You ever see ICK and Dane in the same place at the same time? Didn't think so!

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
I doubt that Dane and @IceCreamKid are the same person. I trust ICK.

I stumbled upon this thread today by accident, but thank goodness I did!

I am a big fan of Dane Maxwell's methodology behind starting businesses, and this thread confirms this process. This week I have accumulated a list of 200 local business owners names and email addresses that are specific to my niche. I was planning on emailing them to schedule idea extraction calls, not interviews. However, after reading this thread I believe it will in fact be more beneficial to build an audience/customer list first by simply providing them with valuable content free of charge. This technique almost seems counter-intuitive at first, but it makes sense to provide them with value to first to gain their trust. Loving while expecting nothing back in return is the quickest way to build trust with clients!

What is everyone using for an outbound email provider? I did some research and it seems MailCheat(Chimp) is the best option for a free account. Perhaps I will jump to Quickmail once things pickup.

Any advice for jumping into a niche that is already fairly crowded with podcast interviews? I'm thinking it may be hard to stick out from the crowd when some others have been in the niche for many years already.

This thread is loaded with amazing advice. Thanks ICK and @SlowlaneJay for such actionable steps. I'm convinced @D. Maxwell and @IceCreamKid are the same person, or simply that great minds think alike. Check out this post by Dane back in Sept. 2013. You ever see ICK and Dane in the same place at the same time? Didn't think so!

inputchip

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
409%
Mar 26, 2017
www.tmkings.com
I doubt that Dane and @IceCreamKid are the same person. I trust ICK.
I know, I know. It was a joke. I trust him as well... As much as I can trust a person I have never met but gives extremely good entrepreneurial advice on the internet for free. In fact, ICK is a great example of providing value free of charge to build trust! If ICK had something to sell me it wouldn't take any convincing.

IceCreamKid

With Great Power Comes Great Electricity Bill
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,183%
Jun 8, 2010
California
I'm convinced @D. Maxwell and @IceCreamKid are the same person, or simply that great minds think alike. Check out this post by Dane back in Sept. 2013. You ever see ICK and Dane in the same place at the same time? Didn't think so!
LOL I am most definitely not Dane Maxwell. For those of you who know my full name(and please don't post it here), you can actually do a google search and you'll find a podcast episode where he's interviewing me. I remember staring at the ceiling with a blank face after the interview thinking, "Shit...I just exposed some of my deepest fears and insecurities to thousands of people. How embarassing...the internet is forever once something is posted". To my surprise, it resonated with a lot of people and to this day I still get PM's saying how refreshing it was.

I was actually surprised that he posted the interview because at one point I called him out as a typical guru that hypes up stuff and charges ridiculous amounts of money for it. Anyone who's been around the forum long enough knows that I can't stand gurus because quite often they lead you down the wrong path causing wasted money, energy, and most importantly TIME. I wasted so many years trying to figure out the truth....literally years.

What is everyone using for an outbound email provider?
Mailshake. Don't blast a ton of emails at the same moment or else you run a higher risk of going to the spam folder. Mailshake allows you to stagger them every 20 minutes.

I have a LinkedIn strategy that works far better than cold e-mail, but it requires custom software for you to execute on it. It's more effective because you actually add value and build a relationship with them first before asking for anything.

In a nutshell, the software scrapes LinkedIn for people based on specific criteria i.e. industry, company size, zip code, job title, etc. Once it finds those users it requests to add them to my network. After they accept the add, they receive a ton of value that eventually builds up a relationship with them over the course of 2 weeks. It's a cool little autoresponder series that works 24 hours a day for me. If they don't accept the add because they're not on LinkedIn that regularly, the scraper then grabs their e-mail address and sends them a few messages directly to their e-mail. The e-mail address is also used to re-target them with ads on FB. Just keep adding value on every platform. It's so much easier to sell stuff to people when they already feel like you have a genuine interest in helping them succeed.

The goal here is to touch them on as many platforms as possible so that you're in the back of their mind. Rarely do you make a sale from just one touch. The more you touch the same person, the more likely they are to buy over time. Why do you think Tai Lopez is plastering his face all over multiple social media platforms?

Gosh I hope someone actually executes on this KNAWLEDGE.

Very inspirational post. Looking at this comment wouldn't they company you did the interview with be annoyed that you have posted a discussion of their best sales and marketing strats?
Nope. Hang out with enough rich people and you'll start to realize that they're actually very open with sharing their info. Broke people are the ones who tend to be selfish with the knowledge...they're quick to protect their idea, thinking that the idea is what makes someone a millionaire. 100% not true.

The way it works in the real world is that you usually get the product to the market then continuously listen to the market so that you can tweak its features until you have something the masses will love. My favorite example of this is Instagram; they started out as a full fledged social media platform that wanted to compete with Facebook. After a full year of coding and development, they released it and it was a big flop. Then they decided to remove 90% of the features and keep only the photo feature because the users seemed to like that part. Boom. Success.

Btw guys, podcasting is outrageously saturated these days. It's 2017 and I wouldn't even touch the method that I wrote about years ago.

inputchip

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
409%
Mar 26, 2017
www.tmkings.com
Gosh I hope someone actually executes on this KNAWLEDGE.
Don't worry ICK, I will be!
you'll find a podcast episode where he's interviewing me
It would be great to hear this interview if you wouldn't mind PMing me a link or title. I have listened to the majority of his podcasts, so maybe I already heard it!
I have a LinkedIn strategy that works far better than cold e-mail
This technique does sound great, is there any publicly available software that can accomplish this? I'm assuming LinkedIn wouldn't like it very much if there was a public software that did this. What language was your program written in? I have done some scraping in Python before, so maybe this isn't too far out of my reach.
Btw guys, podcasting is outrageously saturated these days. It's 2017 and I wouldn't even touch the method that I wrote about years ago.
That's what I was thinking when I started looking into it in my chosen market. How then, would you recommend providing value to a niche without having any prior industry knowledge? Interviewing industry experts still seems like the best way to get the knowledge to me, perhaps there is a better way to present that knowledge to others in the industry without using podcasts though? I would love to hear your ideas. I was thinking maybe info-graphics and videos?

BrooklynHustle

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Apr 3, 2014
DMV

BrooklynHustle

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Apr 3, 2014
DMV
For those of you that started, did you create a 'dummy' business e-mail/website/online presence when you were first reaching out?
You can. Gmail also works fine. Take action

cat

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
196%
Aug 11, 2017
Detroit, MI

HA! It's taken me half a day to get through this thread. Between running my biz, being a mom, coping breadcrumbs into a word doc and other duties. All the while I kept en eye on the date and having 2 main thoughts -

1.) Of all the folks that said, "I'm in!" Where are they now? (just curiousity)
and, most importantly
2.) Seven years later - how would @IceCreamKid tweek the original post? If this post was first put up today, not in 2010 but Oct. 2017 - what would those first steps look like?

My assumptions are that a few things would still remain -
Do. Learn from what you do. Tweek. Do more.
Learn copy.
Be fearless.
The worst thing anyone will say is "NO."
Rich people don't mind sharing knowledge. Poor people do.
Do everything with LOVE and a desire to help others.

Would contacting the Top 100 in your niche still be worthwhile, just change the platform? I'm thinking yes. Video is HUGE right now, so instead of podcasting perhaps a taped Skype interview posted on your website and possible linked through YouTube? Or is all this changed? Is there a more effective way, or perhaps audiences are tired of this?

What I know for sure has not changed - the niche challege! I know I can build anything, but there are so many choices! I am bad at buffets and pot lucks too! lol I need a launching pad.

Why is it so tough to just pick one thing and run with it??!?! Uncertainty. Vunerability. Fear.

LeoistheSun

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Oct 3, 2017
Honolulu
Im tempted to think a Facebook Group would work best with FB-Live? @IceCreamKid

I stumbled upon this post accidentally! My niche needs marketing help so I am going to do that, and then see if I can crack out a SaaS idea!

Thanks!

Edit: The FB-Group might be a bit much actually.

Wolfman

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Nov 12, 2017
Pittsfield, MA
Here's another a benefit: you will actually learn about the topic you are covering simply by researching each person you interview. Your base of knowledge will grow.
Hi War, That is a really cool idea. Thanks so much! It really resonates w/ me b/c if I know a bit about someone I can always find something fun to talk about. At that point it is a very good bet they will like me (not in FB sense.) Then, unless thery're super famous/paranoid, I can probably set up a phone call or a cup of coffee.
Like you said, most people like to talk. If you give a little bit of well-deserved praise then you're off to the races.
I think you may have hit on something basic. By just getting to know people in your niche you can get the ball rolling, and that requires not a penny. Bless your heart, Greg

Zedd9165

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Dec 22, 2017
India
This is something I always wanted to do but with a slight difference. I wanted to build an image initially by doing something like blogging and all. Once I have a group of followers and a niche and market's need then find the product and get into the business. Followers will do the marketing.

devingisraving

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Feb 21, 2018
Lebanon
You’ve read the “Astonishing Secrets” thread, feel inspired and empowered, yet you have done nothing about it. In an effort to reduce this phenomenon, I’m no longer going to be writing short stories that make you feel enlightened. Instead, you will only be getting action steps to get the ice cream. If you are reading this and you have not shifted your mindset then go back to the other thread.

If there’s any big takeaway for that thread, it is this: The first 2 years for a newbie entrepreneur are really just made to condition your mindset. Everyone THINKS that they’ll be a millionaire within 12 months, but that just isn’t the way it works…unless you’re Jack. Consider the first 2 years to be training for the Olympics. Don’t expect to win any gold medals until after the first 2 years of suck.

I am going to be eliminating ALL excuses that you have for not making money in this life.

Below is an overall view of the plan. Every so often I will post a detailed explanation of how to accomplish each task. I don't know how often I'll update it. I'm only doing this for fun to de-stress myself and when I need a few moments to take my mind off the guppy tank.

This outline is subject to change and is comprised mainly of JackEdwards style offline angles and zen******* online creativity. A hybrid mix to make a unique flavor of ice cream.

Before you do any of this, please learn copy. Don't ask me if it works. Just trust.

1. Find the top 100 performers in XYZ niche and contact them through various methods for an interview.

3. Use free marketing strategies to drive traffic to your website. You are not selling anything at this point, only creating credibility and gaining trust.

4. After a good number of interviews, write up a PDF article titled, “The Astonishing Secrets That The Top Performers In XYZ Niche Don’t Want You To Know!”. List out some good info in this article. Generate an e-mail list by offering this article to potential leads on your website. “Enter your e-mail HERE and receive a FREE report!”. The list of e-mail leads is key for later on. THE LEADS ARE THE GOLD.

5. You’ll start noticing common pains that many of these top performers are experiencing. Take note of these pains for later.

6. Organize a Skype group for 10-20 of these performers who want the same need solved and organize weekly calls with the group. During each call, have them describe in EXPLICIT detail what they want the solution to look like. They will build rapport and trust with you over the coming weeks as you express that you genuinely care about solving their problem.

7. Once they have told you IN VERY DETAILED DESCRIPTIONS of what their solution should look like, get $2k-3k in pre-sales from each of them. They trust you at this point so it should feel comfortable.

8. Build the solution and launch it to your Skype group for testing.

9. After they have tested it out over the next few weeks and used it to their liking, get testimonials from them.

10. Now that your product has been tested and proven to work without bugs, promote it and e-mail some really good sales copy to the long list of e-mail leads that you’ve generated. They now trust you and see that you have credibility because you have been giving them some very valuable content discussing the best sales & marketing tactics of the top 100 performers in XYZ niche.

11. When you have some money in the bank, start using paid advertising to drive more leads.

12. Start asking yourself, "what else do my customers want?" then start building other amazing things for them.

You don’t need a network. You will learn various methods to contact the top 100 yourself.

You don’t need money. The Skype group will give you the pre-sale money.

You don’t need an idea. The Skype group will give it to you.

You don’t need an education. Blah. Real world education is far more valuable than classroom theory.

Stay creative forever…like an ice cream child.
Great article showing that you are really putting in the work. Think of trying it with my blog some time!

Vinayalchemy

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Apr 11, 2018
Hello All,

Thanks to @IceCreamKid for showing through one of the best way to proceed.

I must be a real dumb guy here asking this question, kindly forgive my ignorance.

I am a so called entrepreneur, with nothing much achieved in last 8 years. I am mainly into software development services/ web design services and mobile apps development.

We are a team of 4 people. In last few months i am having hard time to get clients as i have worked on so many domains without concentrating on one due to which i have very limited options now.

Its like i have to restart now from beginning.

I am really not sure right now as which NICHE to select and totally concentrate on it.

If some one can help me a bit, i will be back on track.

Thanks so much for all.

Vinayalchemy

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Apr 11, 2018
Hello All,

I have finally decided to choose my niche as Ayurvedic Doctors who have their setup. I have done a bit of research on google trends and seems Ayurvedic term is being searched quite and lot and its picking up.

I have started to contact Ayurvedic doctors on linkedin. I have sent some 3 requests till now and have also joined ayurvedic doctors group on linkedin.

As i progress with my task, will keep you posted here.

Below is the template that i used while contacting the doctors.

Hello,

We are starting up with a Ayurveda related website. I have gone through your profile, will you be able to share few moments and we would love to interview you on Ayurvedic Remedies. Please let me know.

Thank You & Looking forward to connect.

Finger crossed.

Thanks @IceCreamKid

Arnau

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 24, 2018
I'll do it and I'll come back and let you know which is the result for sure. Nevertheless, I reckon you should correct the worst case scenario baseline which is not measured by money but by time. In any case, the darkest situation would be to develop a new skill or to enhance an older one.

Many thanks for your blueprint![/QUOTE]

Wolfman

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Nov 12, 2017
Pittsfield, MA
Hello All,

I have finally decided to choose my niche as Ayurvedic Doctors who have their setup. I have done a bit of research on google trends and seems Ayurvedic term is being searched quite and lot and its picking up.

I have started to contact Ayurvedic doctors on linkedin. I have sent some 3 requests till now and have also joined ayurvedic doctors group on linkedin.

As i progress with my task, will keep you posted here.

Below is the template that i used while contacting the doctors.

Hello,

We are starting up with a Ayurveda related website. I have gone through your profile, will you be able to share few moments and we would love to interview you on Ayurvedic Remedies. Please let me know.

Thank You & Looking forward to connect.

Finger crossed.

Thanks @IceCreamKid

Hi Vinay,
I know nothing about Ayurveda but the "remedy" area is certainly hopping. Good idea!!
Before you mail out your template have someone proof read it and polish it up. There are grammatical errors and that is not professional.
If you don't have anyone that can help you let me know and I'll tighten it up for you.
Greg

Vinayalchemy

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Apr 11, 2018
Hi Vinay,
I know nothing about Ayurveda but the "remedy" area is certainly hopping. Good idea!!
Before you mail out your template have someone proof read it and polish it up. There are grammatical errors and that is not professional.
If you don't have anyone that can help you let me know and I'll tighten it up for you.
Greg

Dear Sir,

Can you help me to tighten it up, it will be helpful as i am not able to convert many.

Thanks

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
@Vinayalchemy what part of india you from? you need to spend a little more time on the forum it seems. There is no benefit to this forum if you treat it like a retail store;
You may want to learn effective copy as well to help you with this venture; It seems that you went on several other threads and are asking same question about "WHAT Niche to pick select..." we cannot give you that; the market gives you that; our opinions do not matter; You have to test out for yourself.

Hello,

Thank You & Looking forward to connect

This is not a good intro; So what that you are starting an ayurvedic based website? WHY do you want to interview ME (public users) this statement, seems like a benefit to you only but what about the other end?
Also, if you went through their profile, maybe reiterate some pointers on why they are a good cnadidate for possible potential interviewing; things like this need improvement.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Bump for the newer folks.

And to resurrect ICK from his mega yacht.

Wolfman

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Nov 12, 2017
Pittsfield, MA
@Vinayalchemy what part of india you from? you need to spend a little more time on the forum it seems. There is no benefit to this forum if you treat it like a retail store;
You may want to learn effective copy as well to help you with this venture; It seems that you went on several other threads and are asking same question about "WHAT Niche to pick select..." we cannot give you that; the market gives you that; our opinions do not matter; You have to test out for yourself.

Hi, I think Vina is right. Arun, your American audience/customers are probably going to be well-educated. They won't be very forgiving of lousy copy (grammatical errors.)
On the positive side, you do generate curiosity and I want to know more about what the heck "Ayurvetic" is.
Greg

This is not a good intro; So what that you are starting an ayurvedic based website? WHY do you want to interview ME (public users) this statement, seems like a benefit to you only but what about the other end?
Also, if you went through their profile, maybe reiterate some pointers on why they are a good cnadidate for possible potential interviewing; things like this need improvement.

Wolfman

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Nov 12, 2017
Pittsfield, MA
Hello All,

Thanks to @IceCreamKid for showing through one of the best way to proceed.

I must be a real dumb guy here asking this question, kindly forgive my ignorance.

I am a so called entrepreneur, with nothing much achieved in last 8 years. I am mainly into software development services/ web design services and mobile apps development.

We are a team of 4 people. In last few months i am having hard time to get clients as i have worked on so many domains without concentrating on one due to which i have very limited options now.

Its like i have to restart now from beginning.

I am really not sure right now as which NICHE to select and totally concentrate on it.

If some one can help me a bit, i will be back on track.

Thanks so much for all.
Hi Vin, I've seen your quesion posed many times in different words on this forum.
Nobody can ever tell you what your "niche" should be. It's not like finding the best ROE (return on equity) in the stock market. I've learned the hard way that entrepreneurship requires a degree of passion. Whether it's fishing or aps or body-building, only you know.
Joseph Campbell put it this way, "follow your bliss". Obviously common sense is important because you can't sell at a loss for very long. Greg

D

Deleted50669

ICK, this thread has inspired me to try your approach. I have been spinning my wheels for quite some time (though I have learned some great new skills in the process). I have a niche clearly defined, and I'm diving in tonight on LinkedIn.

A big thank you @LightHouse for reviving this gold!

D

Deleted50669

Update:

Started the process outlined by ICK last night. Sent out 40 LinkedIn messages.

Received 7 replies in the last 24 hours, all of them confirming a willingness to connect over the phone sometime in the next couple of weeks. 2 of the 7 respondents are CEOs. The other 5 are a mixed bag of folks at various levels of leadership / experience. Excited to see where it goes - working on my interview content right now.

BusinessNoob

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Nov 20, 2018
Personally I find this thread to be discouraging. All of these people who decided to use this system and not one of them got past step 2 (if they did they did not update us). The question is... WHY?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.