The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

No network? No money? No idea? No education? NO PROBLEM!

Conor506

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Nov 21, 2018
Thailand
This thread reminds me a lot of John Lee Dumas from Entrepreneur on Fire. He started just hustling interviewing a new entrepreneur every single day for years and now he has a huge following and sponsorships for his podcast. Not sure if he sells any information or does any kind of consulting but the idea behind this thread still great and always valid I'd say.

If you search many different leaders in various fields you can see immensely successful people who've followed this exact model. Oprah and Tim Ferriss are the first that come to mind but I'm sure there are more.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TomWoody

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Feb 19, 2019
Macclesfield
Has anyone got any tips/strategies for evaluating niches? I have a long list but I'm struggling to choose. Does a large industry have too much competition or are smaller industries not good because there aren't many people to sell to?

WealthyMarketer

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Dec 28, 2018
I’d actually be interested to see some sort of update from some of the earlier posters as well.

trafalgar_law

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Jun 22, 2019
is copywriting skills or be proficient at copy required before doing this? how do I know if i'm already good at copywriting? thanks for any help out there

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
Has anyone got any tips/strategies for evaluating niches? I have a long list but I'm struggling to choose. Does a large industry have too much competition or are smaller industries not good because there aren't many people to sell to?

I'm about to lay it out on the line. I'm going to tell the whole world exactly where the 'too much competition' is hiding. Is everyone ready?

You have 100 ideas. You have spent days/weeks/months/years evaluating and reading...... where is the most competition?

IN YOUR HEAD!!!

If you don't take action within the next 72 hours..... quit fooling yourself and if you have a partner, quit making their life hard because you are being a dumb@ss. Either do it or shut the hell up about it. Who cares what anyone else is doing? Why do you care? WHY? You need to be worried about what YOU are doing because for everyone that is in the position that this poster is in..... YOU are your OWN competition and you are LOSING!

So how about everyone updating what you have done 72 hours from the time you read this. Are you serious about a business or more interested in action faking? It's your story.... you write it....

Hammadou

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Sep 20, 2019
You’ve read the “Astonishing Secrets” thread, feel inspired and empowered, yet you have done nothing about it. In an effort to reduce this phenomenon, I’m no longer going to be writing short stories that make you feel enlightened. Instead, you will only be getting action steps to get the ice cream. If you are reading this and you have not shifted your mindset then go back to the other thread.

If there’s any big takeaway for that thread, it is this: The first 2 years for a newbie entrepreneur are really just made to condition your mindset. Everyone THINKS that they’ll be a millionaire within 12 months, but that just isn’t the way it works…unless you’re Jack. Consider the first 2 years to be training for the Olympics. Don’t expect to win any gold medals until after the first 2 years of suck.

I am going to be eliminating ALL excuses that you have for not making money in this life.

Below is an overall view of the plan. Every so often I will post a detailed explanation of how to accomplish each task. I don't know how often I'll update it. I'm only doing this for fun to de-stress myself and when I need a few moments to take my mind off the guppy tank.

This outline is subject to change and is comprised mainly of JackEdwards style offline angles and zen******* online creativity. A hybrid mix to make a unique flavor of ice cream.

Before you do any of this, please learn copy. Don't ask me if it works. Just trust.

1. Find the top 100 performers in XYZ niche and contact them through various methods for an interview.

2. Create a website and post one new interview per week discussing their best sales and marketing strategies.

3. Use free marketing strategies to drive traffic to your website. You are not selling anything at this point, only creating credibility and gaining trust.

4. After a good number of interviews, write up a PDF article titled, “The Astonishing Secrets That The Top Performers In XYZ Niche Don’t Want You To Know!”. List out some good info in this article. Generate an e-mail list by offering this article to potential leads on your website. “Enter your e-mail HERE and receive a FREE report!”. The list of e-mail leads is key for later on. THE LEADS ARE THE GOLD.

5. You’ll start noticing common pains that many of these top performers are experiencing. Take note of these pains for later.

6. Organize a Skype group for 10-20 of these performers who want the same need solved and organize weekly calls with the group. During each call, have them describe in EXPLICIT detail what they want the solution to look like. They will build rapport and trust with you over the coming weeks as you express that you genuinely care about solving their problem.

7. Once they have told you IN VERY DETAILED DESCRIPTIONS of what their solution should look like, get $2k-3k in pre-sales from each of them. They trust you at this point so it should feel comfortable.

8. Build the solution and launch it to your Skype group for testing.

9. After they have tested it out over the next few weeks and used it to their liking, get testimonials from them.

10. Now that your product has been tested and proven to work without bugs, promote it and e-mail some really good sales copy to the long list of e-mail leads that you’ve generated. They now trust you and see that you have credibility because you have been giving them some very valuable content discussing the best sales & marketing tactics of the top 100 performers in XYZ niche.

11. When you have some money in the bank, start using paid advertising to drive more leads.

12. Start asking yourself, "what else do my customers want?" then start building other amazing things for them.

You don’t need a network. You will learn various methods to contact the top 100 yourself.

You don’t need money. The Skype group will give you the pre-sale money.

You don’t need an idea. The Skype group will give it to you.

You don’t need an education. Blah. Real world education is far more valuable than classroom theory.

Stay creative forever…like an ice cream child.
Awesome
What a beautiful plan

PupRich

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Jul 15, 2019
While still using a chariot If Henry Ford asks customers about the car that he Needing an answer is that they need a horse cart or wagon that runs faster Ford cars will not happen.
Ford, he determines the needs of customers.
Thank you Vary Much. :thumbsup::moneybag::cash:

Entre Eyes

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 7, 2019
Traveling to Higher Conciousness
You’ve read the “Astonishing Secrets” thread, feel inspired and empowered, yet you have done nothing about it. In an effort to reduce this phenomenon, I’m no longer going to be writing short stories that make you feel enlightened. Instead, you will only be getting action steps to get the ice cream. If you are reading this and you have not shifted your mindset then go back to the other thread.

If there’s any big takeaway for that thread, it is this: The first 2 years for a newbie entrepreneur are really just made to condition your mindset. Everyone THINKS that they’ll be a millionaire within 12 months, but that just isn’t the way it works…unless you’re Jack. Consider the first 2 years to be training for the Olympics. Don’t expect to win any gold medals until after the first 2 years of suck.

I am going to be eliminating ALL excuses that you have for not making money in this life.

Below is an overall view of the plan. Every so often I will post a detailed explanation of how to accomplish each task. I don't know how often I'll update it. I'm only doing this for fun to de-stress myself and when I need a few moments to take my mind off the guppy tank.

This outline is subject to change and is comprised mainly of JackEdwards style offline angles and zen******* online creativity. A hybrid mix to make a unique flavor of ice cream.

Before you do any of this, please learn copy. Don't ask me if it works. Just trust.

1. Find the top 100 performers in XYZ niche and contact them through various methods for an interview.

2. Create a website and post one new interview per week discussing their best sales and marketing strategies.

3. Use free marketing strategies to drive traffic to your website. You are not selling anything at this point, only creating credibility and gaining trust.

4. After a good number of interviews, write up a PDF article titled, “The Astonishing Secrets That The Top Performers In XYZ Niche Don’t Want You To Know!”. List out some good info in this article. Generate an e-mail list by offering this article to potential leads on your website. “Enter your e-mail HERE and receive a FREE report!”. The list of e-mail leads is key for later on. THE LEADS ARE THE GOLD.

5. You’ll start noticing common pains that many of these top performers are experiencing. Take note of these pains for later.

6. Organize a Skype group for 10-20 of these performers who want the same need solved and organize weekly calls with the group. During each call, have them describe in EXPLICIT detail what they want the solution to look like. They will build rapport and trust with you over the coming weeks as you express that you genuinely care about solving their problem.

7. Once they have told you IN VERY DETAILED DESCRIPTIONS of what their solution should look like, get $2k-3k in pre-sales from each of them. They trust you at this point so it should feel comfortable.

9. After they have tested it out over the next few weeks and used it to their liking, get testimonials from them.

10. Now that your product has been tested and proven to work without bugs, promote it and e-mail some really good sales copy to the long list of e-mail leads that you’ve generated. They now trust you and see that you have credibility because you have been giving them some very valuable content discussing the best sales & marketing tactics of the top 100 performers in XYZ niche.

11. When you have some money in the bank, start using paid advertising to drive more leads.

12. Start asking yourself, "what else do my customers want?" then start building other amazing things for them.

You don’t need a network. You will learn various methods to contact the top 100 yourself.

You don’t need an education. Blah. Real world education is far more valuable than classroom theory.

5 years ago?! Where is the High 5 button?

I have been reading comments here recently that say "I have not made any money at all", "I have not made money for 5 years." "I am suicidal."

I am a little discombobulated. :)

Wow using that word was fun.

Last edited:

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
While interviewing many different people in many different industries
Find the top 100 performers in XYZ niche and contact them through various methods for an interview.

@IceCreamKid which route to go? (one thing you advise and one thing you did)

like not sure of which niche to pick, aiming to be India specific to put order into the chaos of a particular industry by solving a real problem

Last edited:

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
@IceCreamKid which route to go? (one thing you advise and one thing you did)

like not sure of which niche to pick, aiming to be India specific to put order into the chaos of a particular industry by solving a real problem
You're going to have to pick one, mate.

Dino_saur

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Nov 10, 2021

Found this on 14-11-2021.
I’d update my progress daily!
November 14: Thought about ideas, finalising on mental health support for artist since a few committed suicide this year. Thought about the project title practical steps to be happy.
15: it’s my birthday. And I made up my mind to free myself from the rat race no matter what it takes.
-studied how to interview people
-hit up 3 people I know a little better in self help business to kick off the first interview 2 are busy and may do it later, got one hit, that’s all I need.
-arranged the interview tomorrow 16th.
-written some notes for the interview.

Dino_saur

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Nov 10, 2021
Found this on 14-11-2021.
I’d update my progress daily!
November 14: Thought about ideas, finalising on mental health support for artist since a few committed suicide this year. Thought about the project title practical steps to be happy.
15: it’s my birthday. And I made up my mind to free myself from the rat race no matter what it takes.
-studied how to interview people
-hit up 3 people I know a little better in self help business to kick off the first interview 2 are busy and may do it later, got one hit, that’s all I need.
-arranged the interview tomorrow 16th.
-written some notes for the interview.
16Nov update episode one done, had a blast!
View: https://youtu.be/5sISHeGcIL8

Dino_saur

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Nov 10, 2021
Update: Sent emails of invitation everyday got two yes so far but date is yet to be confirmed. Got 3 maybe. Hopefully can follow through soon.

Meanwhile I’m studying crypto and another YouTube channel on the side. Also setting up an Instagram themes page.

HPub

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 20, 2015

this was on point, applying these nuggets to action.

IceCreamKid

With Great Power Comes Great Electricity Bill
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,183%
Jun 8, 2010
California
Folks, this thread was created 9 years ago and some of the strategies may be obsolete. Business environments are always changing so please do independent research and execute quickly to get feedback from the market.

I've been meaning to release an updated blueprint on here that ties in online advertising+tech sales+joint ventures. I just haven't gotten around to it because I'm always pivoting and changing things based on feedback.

Aidan04

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Apr 27, 2022
United States
Folks, this thread was created 9 years ago and some of the strategies may be obsolete. Business environments are always changing so please do independent research and execute quickly to get feedback from the market.

I've been meaning to release an updated blueprint on here that ties in online advertising+tech sales+joint ventures. I just haven't gotten around to it because I'm always pivoting and changing things based on feedback.
"The alcohol is working!!!" hahahahaha

Ignacio Arsuaga

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Nov 14, 2021
Dallas, Texas

That's a plan!
I would add, maybe, cold outreach.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.