The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

MONEY Master the Game: 7 Simple Steps to Financial Freedom

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
Hey,

I'm not sure if you've heard about Tony Robbins new book or not...

Well if you haven't, he launched his new book recently and there's one aspect of his launch that's just great.

Tony is going to donate all the proceeds from his new book to help feed less fortunate people this Thanksgiving ... because of the good deed someone did for his family one Thanksgiving.

Plus the information in the book itself seems very impressive.

He says he interviewed "50 OF THE WORLD'S MOST BRILLIANT FINANCIAL MINDS" to help create his new book. And if you look at who some of those people are, you might be as impressed as I was.

There's also some bonuses that you can get...

Anyways, I bought the book for Kindle already and I wanted to share it here so you have the chance to help yourself ... while helping others at the same time.

Here's where you can get the book - and - the bonuses: http://moneymasterthegame.com/

PS: If that seemed "salesy" - sorry about that. It's really just something I thought I should share and the link has nothing to do with me.

PPS: Happy early Thanksgiving! :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jamesdoesmith

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Aug 14, 2014
Ordering. Love what he is doing and love his visualization processes. He is also really funny and thats a great way to get customers. The fact that he is donating says not only alot about his heart and mindset but ALSO his success.... he doesn't need the income

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
@jpmartin Nice! Yeah there was another offer (pre-launch) where the buyer only had to pay for shipping. I think it was for a hard cover copy too. That would have been cool, but I was too late :(

Haha. With Kindle I lose the sense of how lengthy a book will be. It's a really lengthy book though and will take some time to read (or listen to), but I hope it's worth it :)

Edit: "Hangry" I like it!

@Jamesdoesmith I'm glad you're getting the book and I hope it's helpful! He's had MAJOR financial success. I watched the video again and realized I missed the part where he said he's also donating some of his own money on top of all the book's earnings. Hahaha. It's also funny how he's such a huge dude, but he's super nice and lives to help people. A gentle giant. That's the great thing about video/audio too, you get to connect with a person better. "Mirror neurons" ... when he smiles and laughs, we do too :)

Last edited:

FionaS

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 12, 2011
Anchorage, AK
My problem was ordering it too early, so I missed the 'free' version. ;)

I haven't read it yet, but it's the next on my list. Glanced through it, though, and it looks really pretty good.

Ryllban

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Dec 15, 2013
Only 20 minutes left on my audiobook for this book. Very good eye opener to how we can use different ways to minimize our taxes and maximize our profits.

Even though I'm not interested in just investing and getting rich when I'm 60, I still think the book it great for showing you what and how to invest when you make money. So instead of having our fast lane cash just in the bank, we can now let them grow and give us interest every year.

Good read!

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
@FionaS Haha. Same here. I'll have to read it after I finish my current book. I hope it's good, but I've read some critical articles about it online recently. James Altucher is a very smart guy (especially in Finance) so I listened to his podcast with Tony on the book. It was sort of disappointing since I wanted to hear James thoughts on the book but, Tony gets paid to speak :D. Let us know what you thought when you finish though, please.

@Ryllban Thanks for sharing your thoughts man! Was there anything that seemed "esoteric" in terms of investing? That's the approach I want to take too. There have been some threads in the past where people got a nice amount of capital ... but don't really know what to do with it afterwards. So learning more about investing (even now) seems like a great idea. Especially for the long-term.

Ryllban

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Dec 15, 2013
@FionaS Haha. Same here. I'll have to read it after I finish my current book. I hope it's good, but I've read some critical articles about it online recently. James Altucher is a very smart guy (especially in Finance) so I listened to his podcast with Tony on the book. It was sort of disappointing since I wanted to hear James thoughts on the book but, Tony gets paid to speak :D. Let us know what you thought when you finish though, please.

@Ryllban Thanks for sharing your thoughts man! Was there anything that seemed "esoteric" in terms of investing? That's the approach I want to take too. There have been some threads in the past where people got a nice amount of capital ... but don't really know what to do with it afterwards. So learning more about investing (even now) seems like a great idea. Especially for the long-term.

The fact that I was going in with completely fresh eyes when I read this book (have never done any investing before) a lot of the words and terms they use got me a bit off track sometimes. My biggest takeaway and also something people might not think about at all is:

1. Don't lose money. (many people just think how much they can earn)
2. Diversifying your investments.

For example, some people see one of their stocks get higher in value as the months/years go. They pour all they got into the stocks because the stocks are great right now. Then some market crash happens and they loose it all.

This is where diversifying comes into play. You have an broad portfolio where you take x% into this stocks, x% into gold, x& into real estate. And when a market crash happens, you have such a broad portfolio that your loses won't hurt that bad.

They also go more into detail about index stocks & funds. And a lot of ways to reduce your taxes on the return you get from your investments. But as I said before, Im green in this field. So I have a lot of reading and learning about investment to gain maximum value from this book.

Hope it helps!

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
a lot of the words and terms they use got me a bit off track sometimes.

I have to give credit to Robert Kiyosaki on really getting me started with this. In a video I watched a while back he said you have to "learn the language of money" or something like that. So I searched for resources that looked legit and found a nice website. I posted it on my forum profile, but my privacy settings prevent it from being seen now.

http://www.investopedia.com/dictionary/

You can sign up for the term of the day email newsletter, visit the website and I believe there is also an app. Over time a lot can be learned :) They try to get you signed up to sooo many other email newsletters though so watch out!

I've heard it said that once you get good money, the challenge then becomes keeping it (playing defense). The tax (and legal if they have any) stuff is what I am really going to pay attention to.

Yeah man that was super helpful. I have a much better idea of what the book covers now. Thank you! :)

Ryllban

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Dec 15, 2013
I have to give credit to Robert Kiyosaki on really getting me started with this. In a video I watched a while back he said you have to "learn the language of money" or something like that. So I searched for resources that looked legit and found a nice website. I posted it on my forum profile, but my privacy settings prevent it from being seen now.

http://www.investopedia.com/dictionary/

You can sign up for the term of the day email newsletter, visit the website and I believe there is also an app. Over time a lot can be learned :) They try to get you signed up to sooo many other email newsletters though so watch out!

I've heard it said that once you get good money, the challenge then becomes keeping it (playing defense). The tax (and legal if they have any) stuff is what I am really going to pay attention to.

Yeah man that was super helpful. I have a much better idea of what the book covers now. Thank you! :)

Thank you, will sign up for it :)

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Last edited:

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/to...-the-game-of-money-in-his-new-book-2014-11-25

Based on this overview, I won't be buying it. Sounds like more of the same regurgitated nonsense sanctifying the trillion dollar financial industry.

I just finished reading that article and a few others that were published recently (^I mentioned I've read some before too^). Also read some of the critical Amazon reviews. They were very discouraging to be honest. I watched a video before I bought the book where Tony said he was working on the book for four years. When I heard that I literally thought "okay, that's enough time for him to write a great book." I also thought he would be careful enough not to damage or ruin his credibility before launching the book. Especially if he plans to market it as well as he did and since it has been decades since he wrote one. It's getting so much attention right now. The 50 people who he interviewed seem to be top top notch. BUT...

If any of those 50 are offering the financial services he recommends in the book ... it's a conflict of interest to give out information that would make their business obsolete (via a book that's less than $20 too). It might also primarily be a marketing tool for their business. With new clients and more capital, they can make more money. Tony could get a kickback for bringing them too (back-end way of profiting from the book). That's just speculation though, Tony seems like a good guy.

It's ironic because in one of the videos he says, "People can be sincere with their intentions, but they can also be sincerely wrong." (something like that)

I'm really not sure about the book now, before I was even able to read it...

To anyone who saw this thread and bought the book because of it ... I apologize if I was a catalyst in your buying decision. It might not be as informative as I thought, but according to several reviews there is some useful information.

BTW, TR is not living on a private island because he invested and saved into Wall Street.

He definitely didn't. Yes, B (Business) -> I (Investing) seems to be the more practical approach. It might also be better to re-read your book instead, or at least before I read Tony's.

pickeringmt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
364%
Apr 24, 2014
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/to...-the-game-of-money-in-his-new-book-2014-11-25

Based on this overview, I won't be buying it. Sounds like more of the same regurgitated nonsense sanctifying the trillion dollar financial industry. BTW, TR is not living on a private island because he invested and saved into Wall Street.
Aw, I suddenly feel much less excited about picking this up at Costco today :embarrased:
It might also be better to re-read your book instead
Started this yesterday :)
Couldn't help but hang on to one of the copies I bought for gifts.

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
Started this yesterday :)
Couldn't help but hang on to one of the copies I bought for gifts.

Awesome! Once Winter is near I'll be able to read it again and carefully. I usually read with kindle (or another digital format) now, but I got a physical book not long ago and it was weird -- but nice. There's pros and cons for both of course. I'm going to sell my kindle soon and just use the app instead. I didn't think so at first, but a dedicated e-reader kindle is better than a tablet kindle. At least specifically for reading.

PS: I need to read your entire INSIDE thread soon too!

pickeringmt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
364%
Apr 24, 2014
Awesome! Once Winter is near I'll be able to read it again and carefully. I usually read with kindle (or another digital format) now, but I got a physical book not long ago and it was weird -- but nice. There's pros and cons for both of course. I'm going to sell my kindle soon and just use the app instead. I didn't think so at first, but a dedicated e-reader kindle is better than a tablet kindle. At least specifically for reading.

PS: I need to read your entire INSIDE thread soon too!
yeah, now that I actually have a business I think the book will take on a whole new depth.

I prefer a physical copy myself - and I am even thinking I may bust out the highlighter and post it notes.

TMF is an actionable playbook, and I have a feeling that this will be only the first on many re-reads.

ddall

continuous self-improvement
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
402%
Dec 5, 2013
Toronto, ON

Based on this overview, I won't be buying it. Sounds like more of the same regurgitated nonsense sanctifying the trillion dollar financial industry. BTW, TR is not living on a private island because he invested and saved into Wall Street.

Based on that review, and the fact that Tony is 'donating all proceeds to charity', it sounds like what Robbins is really doing is creating a giant funnel. Earning trust with the readers based on charity, his alignment against the financial industry, and 'never before revealed INSIDERS strategies', he is directing hoards of buyers to pile 1000's of dollars into financial products that do indeed charge high fees. The book is the 'trip wire' and the sell, the financial products he recommends are his back end.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Based on that review, and the fact that Tony is 'donating all proceeds to charity', it sounds like what Robbins is really doing is creating a giant funnel. Earning trust with the readers based on charity, his alignment against the financial industry, and 'never before revealed INSIDERS strategies', he is directing hoards of buyers to pile 1000's of dollars into financial products that do indeed charge high fees. The book is the 'trip wire' and the sell, the financial products he recommends are his back end.

Not sure what makes me sicker, the deception of the book being a back end upsell, or the deception of him touting the financial markets, as if that's the source of his empire. Sad as I am a big advocate of his Awaken the Giant Within.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Yup. I also heard that he has a massive backend built for this. He and his affiliates are going to promote the shit out of this and will make a killing.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Last edited:

Iwokeup

Aut viam invenium aut faciam
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Iwokeup

Aut viam invenium aut faciam
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
yeah, now that I actually have a business I think the book will take on a whole new depth.

I prefer a physical copy myself - and I am even thinking I may bust out the highlighter and post it notes.

TMF is an actionable playbook, and I have a feeling that this will be only the first on many re-reads.

It most likely will. I took a quick look at the equations and Potent Fastlane #1: The Internet ... #7 on that list is E-Commerce. I remember seeing that, but for some reason didn't look into it more. :facepalm:

I was always hesitant to put any marks in physical books, lol. It feels weird writing and highlighting inside books.

The book is the 'trip wire' and the sell, the financial products he recommends are his back end.

This.

Although at least for Stronghold Financial, Tony doesn't get any direct or indirect compensation from them. *According to their website.

stronghold-robbins-disclaimer.png

Jamesdoesmith

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Aug 14, 2014
thanks but no thanks on the be rich when I am old book. its really flashy...it is his style...hell it is a great book. and the person I was 2 years ago would have ate it with a spoon. But now it is dim light at best. Especially if you have ate TMF a few times this book is yesterdays news. It is very Tony...very positive affirmation and alot of good things. Alot of motivation. But ain't no one gotten to where they wanna be by imagining it. The first chapter talks allll about compounding interest. As a salesperson who was taught all kinda noise on compounding interest and how the people across the table from me MIGHT have a sorta safe retirement, I will pass on that. How we made them have discipline and up the premium cause someone needed a new car. Compounding interest while yes is very powerful. 10% of 65k after taxes is no pretty picture of retirement in this country. This book is not for you if you are on this forum and have read MJ's book and threads. Oh and solid note that he will be compensated somewhere for this book. Probably really well....

Draven Grey

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Oct 21, 2014
Denver, CO
I skimmed over the book and only saw typical [slowlane] investment advice with the Tony Robbins flare. I usually love the guy, especially in audio, but I couldn't bring myself to read past the first chapter of this new book.

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
BTW, TR is not living on a private island because he invested and saved into Wall Street.

Haha, certainly not

People seem really devided on this.

Me? I think the "pure" image he cultivates is a way to cover up exaggerations.
Sometimes this inspires, other times it promotes things that maybe he isn't as clued in on as he thinks. And I think the book is confusing people because it hypes up what is essentially a bit of a dead end approach (I really don't think most people should get into the stock market, to me that is like saying everyone should play the lottery and invest in real estate).

Sounds glossy enough to get some buyers, but lacking in substance.

I think that the stock market really requires your full attention, its certainly no ANSWER that you put money into and forget and wake up later with millions. Thats just a glossy exageration.

This book will just lead to more parents telling children retarded stereotypical advice.

:/

But lets all clap anyways. Because lets face it. He is different to us human beings. He is a deity and we should all bow. :notworthy:

:smoking:

Last edited:

SJMM

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jul 22, 2014
New York, NY
I am disappointed because I bought the book thinking that I would read something in line with what TMF is about. This book is just like everything else I have read. Save 10% per paycheck and when you are 70 years old, you can then give all your money away and enjoy it a little bit before you die a year later. We all know that Tony Robbins is this successful because he created companies and has given value not because he invested in the stock market only.

I will be re reading TMF again while I create my company.

jesseissorude

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Jun 12, 2014
Nashville
This book is up next on my to-read list, actually.

Even though I'm not interested in just investing and getting rich when I'm 60,
Investing, as I understand it from TMFL book, is the end-game that keeps money coming in AFTER you've already built a lot of wealth. Once I make my millionz, I think the investing portions of Money: Master the Game will be a huge help.

It would also be a huge help to me if I were a committed slowlaner and wanted to know what to do with the extra money I save from my paycheck each month, and I think since that is most of this book's audience, it focuses a bit more on how to prep for retirement. Keep in mind, also, that I've only skimmed it before actually reading it starting next week.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.