The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Margins

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Hi folks, I have question.
Looking for tradable goods.
Germany is a low price area. So when I look for goods to handle with, I often see a negative margin. That means, someone gets it cheaper, one dealer less is in.
Dropshipping shows the called prizes being higher than Amazons. And I m not the only one seeing that .

Very often you have10- 20 % margin.

Here is the question: is that a common issue all over the world? Or are margins in general higher, when B2b in one country without importing.

Next: importing from china can bring big margins as Ive heard and read.
Is that because the chinese workers are scammed or is there really such a big gradient in costs?

And no, I will not ask for what goods have high margins! :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
Is that because the chinese workers are scammed or is there really such a big gradient in costs?
Workers are probably paid very small wage. Additionally China gov do some subsidies to certain products that makes them cheaper. But i would point the workers wage as main factor.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
First let me say that the vast majority of workers in China are happy with their lot. Their pay is very low compared to what Westerners get, but with a very low cost of living that is not a problem.

In addition, in many large manufacturing enterprises they get very good fringe benefits, such as free child care and free medical. The government has imposed rules that have improved workers' conditions, and the old sweatshop days have largely ended.

MARGINS. I have posted on this subject here: MARGINS in the General Entrepreneurship forum.

It shows how that margins can be insanely high if you know how to go about negotiating, The biggest factor is that although a price quoted might seem very low, it usually only seems so good because importers are comparing with the retail prices they are accustomed to.

Walter

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Thanks for the information, here especially about the workers.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.