The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Margins

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Ing

Bronze Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Speedway Pass
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Hi folks, I have question.
Looking for tradable goods.
Germany is a low price area. So when I look for goods to handle with, I often see a negative margin. That means, someone gets it cheaper, one dealer less is in.
Dropshipping shows the called prizes being higher than Amazons. And I m not the only one seeing that .

Very often you have10- 20 % margin.

Here is the question: is that a common issue all over the world? Or are margins in general higher, when B2b in one country without importing.

Next: importing from china can bring big margins as Ive heard and read.
Is that because the chinese workers are scammed or is there really such a big gradient in costs?

And no, I will not ask for what goods have high margins! :)

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Reactions: Kid

Kid

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
Mar 1, 2016
Is that because the chinese workers are scammed or is there really such a big gradient in costs?
Workers are probably paid very small wage. Additionally China gov do some subsidies to certain products that makes them cheaper. But i would point the workers wage as main factor.

Reactions: Ing

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
First let me say that the vast majority of workers in China are happy with their lot. Their pay is very low compared to what Westerners get, but with a very low cost of living that is not a problem.

In addition, in many large manufacturing enterprises they get very good fringe benefits, such as free child care and free medical. The government has imposed rules that have improved workers' conditions, and the old sweatshop days have largely ended.

MARGINS. I have posted on this subject here: MARGINS in the General Entrepreneurship forum.

It shows how that margins can be insanely high if you know how to go about negotiating, The biggest factor is that although a price quoted might seem very low, it usually only seems so good because importers are comparing with the retail prices they are accustomed to.

Walter

OP
OP
Ing

Ing

Bronze Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Speedway Pass
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Thanks for the information, here especially about the workers.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
New Course! Upwork Client Psychology I #UdemyApproved! Upwork Client Psychology I is designed...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Welcome to 2020, I wanted to add in a quick note about gratitude for the new year...

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

The 2020 Fastlane Summit

This event SOLD OUT in October. For authorized resale tickets, please check ticket resales or contact the forum directly.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom