The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Let's Talk About Entrepreneurial Depression

LPPC

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Mar 6, 2016
How can depression be self-created if there is no ''self''? From what I gather Your position is that the ego has no control and all the decisions are predetermined by the universe/God/nature. Are You contradicting Yourself or have I misunderstood Your point?
Heheh it seems like you got it (and you have read the Kybalion). Indeed, there is no self to create depression. Depression just happens, without an author or someone it happening to. But, you can not talk like that to the majority of the population who have not put time and effort into finding this possible truth. It will make no sense to them.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
Say what you want, I know this is a highly unpopular belief and I fully expect other people to get pissed I’m saying this. So just know if anyone gets mad, feel free to not tell me because I don’t care.

Depression is made up bullshit by people who enjoy being victims and anyone who “has” it is just being lazy in blaming their problems on something they call “depression”. It’s a nice scapegoat.

Make more friends, date cute girls, get in shape, make more money, kick more a$$, live a better life, be better than most people, you’ll wonder where your silly depression went.

Believe what you want. I’ll keep believing what I see with my own two eyes and I’ll keep enjoying life.
I cant really say about clinical depression because I have never been one and I don’t have the knowledge to comment.

Buy surely I experienced many major disappointment in life. I feel that I am lucky as I had my own stroke of luck In business and career.

Major morale crushing disappointments like what the OP said- getting his money stolen is surely something we can empathize with.

My list included
-Getting rejected by more than 30 companies for offering myself to intern and work for free
-zero sales. 0. For my first batch of import products for my first business after displaying them on the booth of my retail partners for three weeks.
-Getting burned by an oil trade in financial market that could cost me six digits in 2015.

Granted they are growing experience also.

No one had everything smooth. There was a story about Jack Ma crying like a baby outside a hotel after getting rejected by a VC for the Nth time...That guy was known as the most optimistic guy on earth.

Everyone Will go through multiple bad times in their life and feel emotionally vulnerable .

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Heheh it seems like you got it (and you have read the Kybalion). Indeed, there is no self to create depression. Depression just happens, without an author or someone it happening to. But, you can not talk like that to the majority of the population who have not put time and effort into finding this possible truth. It will make no sense to them.
No, it doesn't make any sense. Do you really feel that depression just falls on you like a ton of bricks? Does it really "just happen" like a freak accident? Do you really have no control over the process or a path out of the malady? That strikes me as rather fatalistic.

But, I not going to give away my power like that. I believe that I am 100% responsible for where I am, what I'm doing and what I'm feeling at every moment. I can rewrite my story and change my perspective. I can find points of understanding, no matter how bad things go for me. There's a life's lesson in everything. Yes, I have had a hard life compared to a lot of people around me. If I had not had those challenges, I would be less of a person. It's like writing poetry. The fewer words you're allowed and the more rules you must follow, makes very creative, brief and powerful phrases in your life poem.

LPPC

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Mar 6, 2016
No, it doesn't make any sense. Do you really feel that depression just falls on you like a ton of bricks? Does it really "just happen" like a freak accident? Do you really have no control over the process or a path out of the malady? That strikes me as rather fatalistic.

But, I not going to give away my power like that. I believe that I am 100% responsible for where I am, what I'm doing and what I'm feeling at every moment. I can rewrite my story and change my perspective. I can find points of understanding, no matter how bad things go for me. There's a life's lesson in everything. Yes, I have had a hard life compared to a lot of people around me. If I had not had those challenges, I would be less of a person. It's like writing poetry. The fewer words you're allowed and the more rules you must follow, makes very creative, brief and powerful phrases in your life poem.
This is not something that you can really understand via theory and thinking about it. Your mindset is really good and you should keep it like that. I will try to explain it anyway because it does have little effect.

The only thing I am saying is that there is no ''you'' in the sense of an entity living inside your body that controls your thinking and actions. Your mindset is just there without you having chosen it. You are the awareness/experiencer of everything that you experience, not the doer. So basically everything happens by God's/Univers'/nature's way. For example, thoughts just pop up without an entity in your head choosing it. Your mind works just like your heart works: automatically. Why would everything in your body happen automatically, except for your brain? Doesn't really make sense.

How can you have total peace and serenity when you have the idea and feeling that ''you'' have to survive and fight (often against reality) for your life? That is a huge burden. This is not a cop-out, because I am still being very productive and ambitious.

The benefit of realising this is that you will not be hard on yourself anymore and judge yourself (whether you will realise this is predetermined) and you will be able to kick back and enjoy your life. Action will still happen, you can still be the most succesful bussinesman/woman/athlete etc. But there is no one doing/choosing the kind of action. It just happens. You will be even way more effective than if you always worry and stress about things.

Your go-getter/achiever mentality does not have to change.

Ofcourse I am not saying I am 100% sure that this is true. But I have observed it (thus scientific experimentation) and realised that this is way more true than me having any free will. I have the strong sense that it also is in accordance with the teachings of the big world religions (islam, christianity, hinduism, buddhism etc).

Last edited:

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
This is not something that you can really understand via theory and thinking about it. Your mindset is really good and you should keep it like that. I will try to explain it anyway because it does have little effect.

The only thing I am saying is that there is no ''you'' in the sense of an entity living inside your body that controls your thinking and actions. Your mindset is just there without you having chosen it. You are the awareness/experiencer of everything that you experience, not the doer. So basically everything happens by God's/Univers'/nature's way. For example, thoughts just pop up without an entity in your head choosing it. Your mind works just like your heart works: automatically. Why would everything in your body happen automatically, except for your brain? Doesn't really make sense.

How can you have total peace and serenity when you have the idea and feeling that ''you'' have to survive and fight (often against reality) for your life? That is a huge burden. This is not a cop-out, because I am still being very productive and ambitious.

The benefit of realising this is that you will not be hard on yourself anymore and judge yourself (whether you will realise this is predetermined) and you will be able to kick back and enjoy your life. Action will still happen, you can still be the most succesful bussinesman/woman/athlete etc. But there is no one doing/choosing the kind of action. It just happens. You will be even way more effective than if you always worry and stress about things.

Your go-getter/achiever mentality does not have to change.

Ofcourse I am not saying I am 100% sure that this is true. But I have observed it (thus scientific experimentation) and realised that this is way more true than me having any free will. I have the strong sense that it also is in accordance with the teachings of the big world religions (islam, christianity, hinduism, buddhism etc).
We see the world so differently. Yes, at times I could have fallen into a puddle of depression and died in that ugly mire of self-pity. Compared to many of the people around me, I've had some really hard knocks. I helped start a women's shelter many years ago and I the Chairman of the Board for 5 years. I've watched a lot of women around me lay down and die for less. Some died slowly from drinking, drugs, over-eating, etc. Some just ended it quickly. I absolutely refuse to join them.

At times, events do happen that are way beyond my control and I can't change nor prevent them from happening. My power over these situations and events is how I choose to see, understand and react to them. I have a whole bunch of "if-then" plans that can be applied or adapted for those moments. It's hard to think when you're up to a$$ in alligators, so my preplanned responses get me through the mind-numbing first moments. After the dust settles down, then I do some fact-finding and make a specific plan to deal with the situation.

BUT, most disasters and bad situations can be prevented through choices and actions. I make it my business to prevent the foreseeable problems before they raise their nasty heads. It the old idea of cause and effect. I go out of my way not to make bad causes because I don't want to pay the price for those acts. The toll is not worth in most cases.

Yes, I do believe in karma -- but, I also believe that I am responsible for changing that karma through understanding the attached life lessons and then NOT attracting those lessons as negative energies.

LPPC

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Mar 6, 2016
We see the world so differently. Yes, at times I could have fallen into a puddle of depression and died in that ugly mire of self-pity. Compared to many of the people around me, I've had some really hard knocks. I helped start a women's shelter many years ago and I the Chairman of the Board for 5 years. I've watched a lot of women around me lay down and die for less. Some died slowly from drinking, drugs, over-eating, etc. Some just ended it quickly. I absolutely refuse to join them.

At times, events do happen that are way beyond my control and I can't change nor prevent them from happening. My power over these situations and events is how I choose to see, understand and react to them. I have a whole bunch of "if-then" plans that can be applied or adapted for those moments. It's hard to think when you're up to a$$ in alligators, so my preplanned responses get me through the mind-numbing first moments. After the dust settles down, then I do some fact-finding and make a specific plan to deal with the situation.

BUT, most disasters and bad situations can be prevented through choices and actions. I make it my business to prevent the foreseeable problems before they raise their nasty heads. It the old idea of cause and effect. I go out of my way not to make bad causes because I don't want to pay the price for those acts. The toll is not worth in most cases.

Yes, I do believe in karma -- but, I also believe that I am responsible for changing that karma through understanding the attached life lessons and then NOT attracting those lessons as negative energies.
I am sorry to hear about your struggles. Trust me, I have suffered a lot in my life too and just like you I take my life in my own hands.

This topic might not be what is best for you to think about right now. With all due respect, I also don't think you get what I'm saying or the ego dislikes it so much that it rebels against it (because it would mean the end of the ego).

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
I am sorry to hear about your struggles. Trust me, I have suffered a lot in my life too and just like you I take my life in my own hands.

This topic might not be what is best for you to think about right now. With all due respect, I also don't think you get what I'm saying or the ego dislikes it so much that it rebels against it (because it would mean the end of the ego).
This morning I'm not worried about my ego or lofty thinking about depression. I have studied the major religions and great thinkers. While pondering their wisdom, I have come to the conclusion that there are some practical, everyday things that each person can do to keep the demons at bay.

Today I'm dealing with the tenant whom I threw out of here last fall. She had started using mainline heroin so she had to go for everyone's safety. And she lost her 5 kids to the State. Her sister and her mother are also my tenants, and today she back -- just out of jail. Now she's on Meth and wandering around here mumbling in her daze. She's knocking on the doors of everyone she knows here on my property -- starting with her mother's and her sister's doors. She's a beautiful young woman who is killing herself. It breaks my heart. I've been on the phone with her mother whom I've known for about 25 years. Her sister, who got this woman out of jail, isn't answering her phone. It's all back to cause and effect. If nothing else, I can take her to town and drop her off -- but, to what end? She'll be back here or in trouble, and then she'll go back to jail. I look at her and remind myself, "But for the grace of God, there go I."

LPPC

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Mar 6, 2016
This morning I'm not worried about my ego or lofty thinking about depression. I have studied the major religions and great thinkers. While pondering their wisdom, I have come to the conclusion that there are some practical, everyday things that each person can do to keep the demons at bay.

Today I'm dealing with the tenant whom I threw out of here last fall. She had started using mainline heroin so she had to go for everyone's safety. And she lost her 5 kids to the State. Her sister and her mother are also my tenants, and today she back -- just out of jail. Now she's on Meth and wandering around here mumbling in her daze. She's knocking on the doors of everyone she knows here on my property -- starting with her mother's and her sister's doors. She's a beautiful young woman who is killing herself. It breaks my heart. I've been on the phone with her mother whom I've known for about 25 years. Her sister, who got this woman out of jail, isn't answering her phone. It's all back to cause and effect. If nothing else, I can take her to town and drop her off -- but, to what end? She'll be back here or in trouble, and then she'll go back to jail. I look at her and remind myself, "But for the grace of God, there go I."
This is not a forum about spirituality so I will not go into it further after this post. Please investigate/contemplate what this ''I/me'' feeling is you are talking about. If you are really curious and honestly looking for answers, then you will do your own research.

Soder

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
511%
Jan 3, 2019
I prefer to recommend 5Hydroxytryptophan, which bypasses the digestive processes and is directly taken up in the brain. Dose is usually 100mg.

Although I am not very friendly with pills, although they are natural, and I think it is best to attack the root problem (friends, nature, meditation, sport, order your thoughts, put you in the worst case, etc.), I am not against them. That is why I would like to know your opinion, since you seem informed, of a natural product that I had heard for anxiety states: l-theanine

Thank you in advance.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
Although I am not very friendly with pills, although they are natural, and I think it is best to attack the root problem (friends, nature, meditation, sport, order your thoughts, put you in the worst case, etc.), I am not against them. That is why I would like to know your opinion, since you seem informed, of a natural product that I had heard for anxiety states: l-theanine

Thank you in advance.
L-Theanine at the rate of 200mg twice daily might help with anxiety, but tests so far have shown mixed results.
L-Tryptophan 500mg once or twice daily has been proven to reduce anxiety and depression. It's precursor 5-Hydroxytryptophan in 100mg doses certainly acts more quickly.

It is important to understand that the root problems are often biological in nature, such as allergens, and even viruses causing a general debilitation which can lead to various problems such as anxiety and depression. Social problems can also be factors, but fixing those social problems can be very difficult until a calm state of mind is achieved.

There is sometimes a vicious circle involved in that you can't be calm while the problems continue, and while ever the problems exist you can't make your way out of the depression/anxiety. That is where appropriate supplements can be very helpful.

Walter

MarekvBeek

Every day I'm hustlin'
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Jul 13, 2016
Netherlands
This depression thing kind of happen to me. I made a bunch of money with trading the Cryptocurrencies in 2017 - 2018 and then all of a sudden I got really bored.

I started to work at Starbucks for three months just to have something to do. It was a great experience and I still enjoy seeing coffee places and how they make coffee.

But then I realised again that I missed the freedom. So I quit and out of boredom got back into trading. I made a good profit that year, but it wasn't fulfilling at all. I found myself jerking off in my office many times because I was so bored. The boredom and having nothing to do eventually led to the break-up of me and my girlfriend at that time.

Then I started to work-out again heavily. And I started to do things that I loved to do. Doing a NLP Practitioner, Wood crafting, Photography and Writing/Blogging. I made a few trips to see a family member and to just unwind from my normal environment.

Eventually I decided to quit my home and start traveling. And that's what I do now for over a month. I get to meet a lot of great people and see a lot of great things. I'm learning Bahasa Indonesia. And I have new ideas I work on. It's one of the best decisions I've made so far.

I learned that I was a pleaser and wanted to make everybody happy, except myself. Even to strangers while I was traveling! That was really crazy to realise. Now I question myself on a daily basis, what do I want? This really helps me get out of my depression.

But it's still a daily struggle. I'm happy that I choose the entrepreneurial route. But sometimes I wonder, what if I choose the other path, would I be happier then?

MarekvBeek

Every day I'm hustlin'
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Jul 13, 2016
Netherlands
Nice. Where'd you end up? Bali?

That's where I will end up, yes. I stayed there for 10 days, and now I'm traveling through Sumatra. And I'm currently in Medan. I will be back in Bali from the 1st of September till the 29th. Have you been there?

FeaRxUnLeAsHeD

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Nov 27, 2014
USA
Thanks for talking about a topic that not many want to discuss or confront. It's a very real conversation we need to be having.

Soder

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
511%
Jan 3, 2019
Nature is our best ally, it is impossible to exaggerate its benefits. More and more studies prove it. Prefrontal activity is reduced, decreasing obsessive thoughts

Even a good “fad” is being generated with different names that indicate the same thing: forest bathing, ecotheraphy, mindfulness in nature, green time or the wilderness cure.

If you are anxious or depressed, take a walk or sit in nature for a couple of hours each day, the more wild the better.

VentureVoyager

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
223%
Aug 19, 2017
Merida, Yucatan, Mexico
To those of you who experienced severe depression (I think I'm going through it right now, some days I just don't want to get out of bed, I don't enjoy anything, I don't have energy to do anything which makes me waste entire days and then in turn feel extreme frustration, aggression and self hatred, future looks dark and hopeless, I literally have to force myself to do ANYTHING, even things that used to be fun etc.) - have you tried going to psychiatrist and taking pills?

What was your experience, did it help? How long did you have to wait for the effects?
I'm honestly afraid of shrinks and their "medicines", I always prefer natural methods, self inquiry etc, but I feel like I can't take this anymore, I don't want to waste the best years of my life being a zombie.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
To those of you who experienced severe depression (I think I'm going through it right now, some days I just don't want to get out of bed, I don't enjoy anything, I don't have energy to do anything which makes me waste entire days and then in turn feel extreme frustration, aggression and self hatred, future looks dark and hopeless, I literally have to force myself to do ANYTHING, even things that used to be fun etc.) - have you tried going to psychiatrist and taking pills?

What was your experience, did it help? How long did you have to wait for the effects?
I'm honestly afraid of shrinks and their "medicines", I always prefer natural methods, self inquiry etc, but I feel like I can't take this anymore, I don't want to waste the best years of my life being a zombie.

PM me i have gone through depression a few times in my life happy to chat.

MarekvBeek

Every day I'm hustlin'
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Jul 13, 2016
Netherlands

I’ve seen people doing really crazy things on pills. Please find professional help. Talk to someone. You’re reaching out here on the forum, which is great! It’s all in your mind. But you have to do something about it to fix it.

BreakAlive

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Mar 1, 2018
Great thread. This topic definitely isn't discussed enough.

For those suffering from severe depression I highly recommend Tim Ferriss's latest podcast episode. It's almost 3 hours long, but it has some incredible insights about it - Safi Bahcall — On Hypnosis, Conquering Insomnia, Incentives, and More (#382)

Clinical depression is a chemical imbalance in the brain. It's a physical symptom just like a broken ankle is. Seek professional help if you're in this situation.

Last edited:

AdamB

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Aug 1, 2019
Scotland
This is a great thread and it's so relevant for people like us who decide to go against the norm in life and pursue the road less travelled.

The one thing I tend to struggle with is not meeting my own expectations.

I personally think that one of my greatest qualities is ambition. I have such a hunger and a drive to be successful. And I don't just mean from a monetary point of view. I want to be happier, healthier and wealthier every day and I want to live a life of freedom (like many of your here). This is what motivates me in business and it's what constantly gets my mind running at 100 mph.

However, although I consider this one of my best qualities, it also provides the greatest challenges.

I'm always weighing myself and my achievements up against my expectations. I always feel like I should be further ahead than I am and some days it can really affect how I feel. It de-motivates at times and can be hard to battle through.

I have to remind myself now and again that things are going well.

Sometimes you can get so caught up in where you want to be that you forget how far you've come.

One thing every single one of us should do is take a few minutes each day to appreciate all the good things we have already done on our entrepreneurial journeys. The fact that we choose to live this life already puts us in the minority of people in this world and that is something to be proud of.

Celebrate every single win. No matter how small.

Don't compare your life to other people's highlight reels and remember that the journey we have embarked on is a marathon, not a race.

Regularly take the time to appreciate yourself and any progress you have made.

We all battle with the expectations of how we think our lives should be. Spend less time thinking about where you want to be and more time on how you can get there.

That seems to help me, anyway.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
I’ve seen people doing really crazy things on pills. Please find professional help. Talk to someone. You’re reaching out here on the forum, which is great! It’s all in your mind. But you have to do something about it to fix it.

Pills are not a long term solution in most cases, but necessary in some cases to help get you off the pavement.

Don't know how I would have gone without them, I'm off them now but glad I went on them for a period of time.

oku

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Aug 20, 2019
The most difficult stage is the start. No support. People watching you fail. Small accomplishments insignificant, they don't know what it takes. People become obstacles, on top of the learning curve. On top of the competition, that's WAY more established than you, OH and paranoia (Am I right?)

It would be nice to get a little recognition. Some feedback, some engagement...
Keep on. Like an underwater volcano, eruption after eruption, you'll break to the surface, and be noticed ABOVE water.

Your favorite brand was an idea. Your favorite company, was an idea. Your favorite influencer, had an idea. And they didn't stop erupting. They kept going.

Last edited by a moderator:

Karume

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Aug 14, 2018
A very inspiring fact you are sharing. On my side, I loss my job due to a false accusation and office bullying. I found myself unemployed and broke, and I'm still unemployed and broke. As I started to turn into alcohol my health deteriorated so bad and I was on the verge of an hospital death-bed, the mortuary, the coffin and the grave.

As all in my family are against me and I'm bit weird in the society to the point I'm confused to a person with some mental illnesses, I am terribly lonely and was depressed.
I don't know how, I started to had powerful thoughts of self-worth, I started to love myself and avoid anykind of self-sabotage. I resumed my deep and long meditation program, prayer sessions and I started to work out intesively, almost daily...then, I started to feel better...

As of today, I just got a thought on how fire purifies gold, any difficult situation I'm in is like fire to gold, it is just making me better and better, I love so much the ride this time and I'm taking myself not only as a piece of gold but as a gold mine...although I'm still broke but my self-esteem have skyrocketed to an undisputed self-worth...

Now, I spend more time in building a mass communication brand. A higher state of serenity is in me, a powerful focus I have gained, and I can see that brick by brick I'm building a strong castle...

I'm going most of the time through this forum and it's like flying with the birds of the same feathers. A big THANK YOU to MJ DeMarco and all those who add values in life.

Depression is common to all those who are eager to bring positive changes as it is part of evolution, unfortunately, many humans don't like change, worst evolution, but few who dare to align with the natural course of life, always end up by finding the grail and become successful ever after.

Best regards,
Karume.

MrDiggs

I have no idea what I'm doing
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Sep 10, 2019
Melbourne, Australia
As a wanna-be entrepreneur with still a 9-5 and a couple of failed startups under my belt I can personally say that my mood is like a roller coaster.

Some days I feel energetic and ready to tackle the world and some other days I feel so frustrated at myself that I just want to give up.

I want to stop being myself...

Not sure if this is common to most business people but I trully have the drive and actions to make it work. And it is that I feel i'm giving it my very best of me to a business opportunity that when it doesnt work it bloody hurts. Hurts bad...

The lows are really lows some time and as you, OP, I have had my fare share of suicidal thoughts.

For example, once I was feeling VERY depressed and playing with the idea of "making the pain stop for good". I was walking on the street when a car suddenly pull out from their garage that almost hit me. I remember closing my eyes as the car was quickly coming to me and feel a sensation of relief. I did not feel scared but freed.... which is pretty sad.

Anywho, stay hard and speak up. Talk your shit out of your mind to other people and gain context. that is what has worked for me.

Btw, I have not giving up and Im on my way to build my CENTS business!

Stay Strong peeps!

Lee Soyka

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Oct 28, 2018
London UK
Entrepreneurship/starting your own business triggers destructive thoughts AKA a human beings survival mode/ the caveman part of the brain. Most books talk about PMA [possitive mental attitude/thinking and feeling success but very few talk about "the Darkside of the mind" I became aware of this 3 years into my journey, and just becoming aware of this made a huge difference for me.

Entre Eyes

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 7, 2019
Traveling to Higher Conciousness
The Entrepreneur side is the side that never gives up in me.

There are a lot of real life stories that motivated the H. out of me.

The fact that George Washington Carver was a Genius and invented so many things we use today and never was in position to patent them and died poor.

Bobby Fischer who did not even make money off a Bobby Fischer Chess Set at the very least.

Muhammad Ali who had to borrow money from fellow fighters after his personal protest.

Bruce Lee never really had equal compensation for the impact he had and has on so many lives.

Should also include the ripoffs like The McDonald's Brothers Story and Facebook.

So if we wake up each day and we are not in the Hospital, Jail, or Cemetery, then it's like Ebenezer Scrooge waking up reborn to start fresh and future begins today.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.