- Joined
- May 2, 2011
- Messages
- 206
Rep Bank
$574
$574
User Power: 71%
I watched today MJDeMarco's video about purpose and there's a part where he is saying that first purpose should be personal as in i.e. becoming a multi-millionaire.
What struck me is that despite wanting that (well, who doesn't) that purpose completely doesn't push me nor creates motivation to work. There is no drive nor passion nor even energy to support this 'want'.
What's my current situation?
I honestly feel beaten up by life and constantly loosing in the game of life since for the last almost 20 years now (I'm almost 40). Never bought myself a nice car, never really lived a good life. At times I have days that I feel better, but most of the time it's how I described. And no, therapy also doesn't work for me - tried it twice, never really helped me now I see in the hindsight.
What would you do?
What struck me is that despite wanting that (well, who doesn't) that purpose completely doesn't push me nor creates motivation to work. There is no drive nor passion nor even energy to support this 'want'.
What's my current situation?
- net worth is low (around low 5-figs)
- used to earn a living via coding (as a senior dev), but I hate working 9-5 (and meetings) despite good money and freelancing is flood with cheap labor from Asia
- coded some apps that barely make money
- went into crypto - made some money, lived off of it (still do), realized that full-time trading is not for me (I'm better at just holding and long term swings)
I honestly feel beaten up by life and constantly loosing in the game of life since for the last almost 20 years now (I'm almost 40). Never bought myself a nice car, never really lived a good life. At times I have days that I feel better, but most of the time it's how I described. And no, therapy also doesn't work for me - tried it twice, never really helped me now I see in the hindsight.
What would you do?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

