The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Lead Gen Page for Window Cleaning

Marketing, social media, advertising
D

Deleted2BB3x9

Could you guys please have a look at a landing page I designed for my friends window cleaning business? The website is www.kelvinknowswindows.com

We are currently trying to collect leads from FB and Google ads. So far we have no clicks and about 45 views on FB and 7 on Google. However, we only started the ad yesterday.

Does the website look like it would convert? How should I improve it?

It might just be the ads. I will probably split test another ad.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Waspy

Float like a butterfly
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Dec 6, 2016
U.K.
*viewed only on mobile*

First thoughts;

- Why is the domain so different from the company name, am I in the right place?

- I don't need help cleaning my windows, I need someone to do it for me

- I can't even see the picture of this guy. Oh he is "franchise owner" - this guy probably won't be the one cleaning my windows then.

- It says I have to contact for an estimate, then says there are three packages based on the size of my house. My house is tiny, why can't you just tell me the price upfront? Ugh I hate contacting people to find out the price.

All of this went through my head in the 24 seconds I was on the page.

Hope it helps

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
Branding is kinda weak.

Who is Kevin Knows Windows... and who is College Pro Window Cleaning.

Title is also weak... "Let's get in touch" erhm. Why?

What's in it for me? Try something like....

"Get 10 windows cleaned for $10, Special Offer For New Customers Only!"

I'd personally even do it at a loss - $1.... as long as they pay and book online. And they are automatically entered into a recurring model where you then charge them $30 every 60 days or however often people normally have their windows cleaned.

The background is kinda distracting to me. Doesn't really add anything, can't really see what it is... a farm house?

Otherwise good start.

P.s domain kinda sucks too. too long and complicated.

johnp

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Aug 29, 2011
Philly
So... I've designed landing pages that are making 100's of thousands of dollars (not for me unfortunately). When it comes to landing pages, it's one area that I know a lot about... so I'm about to drop a big bomb on you.

Are you ready?

It's huge...

It may help... it may not (you never know until testing)... but it could change everything.

Ready? Here it is:

Add some pictures of windows.

I'm serious too. Nothing on that page screams window cleaning. Yes, the house has windows, I get it. But most windows are covered by that big ugly box in the center. The background picture is too dark... I don't get a clean window vibe, you get the point.

And since I'm Here. Other things you can do:

- cut header in half length in half by about 60+%, make logo more horizontal - completely change bg image - attention grabbing headline - better offer - stick to 3 colors max 1 main - change color of phone number - make number clickable with tracking template - add some social proof - reduce fear - I could keep going, but out of time. Just google Window cleaners, find a ppc ad and model them.

Finally, head on over to hotjar dot com and get some user session recordings so you can see what's happening for yourself. You can get a free account.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Ika

Busy Idiot
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Aug 9, 2016
Germany
Hey Kevin!
There are alreay a lot of things that are good about the site, but I'm not going to talk about them.
I don't want to influence anyones opinions, so they can take a look at the website without my opinion in their head.
Also you will benefit more from erasing the bad stuff ;)

Take the advice with a grain of salt though - I've never worked with local services and don't know anything about window cleaning.
The best feedback comes from your target group - if a badly designed site helps a blacksmith more than a really modern one, use the bad one!

I'm sorry for a complete lack of structure and good writing - I sadly don't have the time to polish the post.

1. Logo: College Pro.
Why did you use college in your name? I'm confused. Are you a college kid? Are you a pro at learning in college? Are you a pro on working on college windows?

2. The Start Page Height.
I like the idea to have everything you need to know in one section. I don't like the execution though.
On my screen I had to scroll to see the whole section - if I had to guess I would say the section was the 1 1/2 height of my screen.
The result: The button was not visible because it is below the fold. Really bad for conversions!
If you have such a small section, try to have its height at 100 view height (or height: 100vh in CSS).
Maybe crush the margin on top of the box and make it's width wider.

3. Pop Up.
Why did you use a Pop Up?
Why not put everything directly on the site?
Instead of having an "Estimate" button, have a row that contains the three input fields next to each other with the cta button on the far right.

4. Image + Number + Title.
I like the idea of having a face on there. It just feels odd.
First try to use a better picture, in the best case showing you at work or in working clothing. In the worst case dress up and ask your family to take a picture with their phone in front of a white wall .
Having a button with your number on it will work better than having the number written out.
First, it is more visible.
And if you use "tel:yournumber" as the link for the button, mobile users can call you directly without copying the number.

5. Estimate the Price
What are the reasons of not writing the prices down?
"20m² of glass -> 50€/cleaning"
If you don't want to write the specific price you could write the spectrum - "from 50€ for 20m² to 50.000€ for 2000m² "

6. no city or region
I assume it's a local service - why not write "We love to help homeowners in Paris to clean their windows".
If you are operating in numberous cities or districts that you mention in your ads, you can create a new subpage for the city: "http://www.kelvinknowswindows.com/paris" So you just copy the startpage and change the city name.

7. headline
The "Let's get in touch" get's my attention as soon as I open the page.
It's good that you were able to channel my attention to one place - but the headline does not work. If people click on an ad saying "window cleaning paris", the first thing they should see is "Window Cleaning in Paris".
You can customize the subheadline to "We love helping homeowners clean their windows. Get in touch to find out the true beauty of their home."
If we are on that subject - "We love helping homeowners clean". If I'm paying you, I want a done for you service - not some kid helping me do the job.
Maybe "We clean homeowners windows to show the true beauty of their home", but I'm not a copywriter.

I hope this helps!

D

Deleted2BB3x9

I updated the website. www.kelvinknowswindows.com

Still have to ask friend for pricing so i can put it on the site.

But for those who are wondering college pro is a franchise that allows college students to start their own business. It's well recognized in my area.

I will also take a new picture of my friend to use on the website and ask him if he has any reviews i can use as social proof.

jclean

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Dec 9, 2016
I updated the website. www.kelvinknowswindows.com

Still have to ask friend for pricing so i can put it on the site.

But for those who are wondering college pro is a franchise that allows college students to start their own business. It's well recognized in my area.

I will also take a new picture of my friend to use on the website and ask him if he has any reviews i can use as social proof.

looks much better !
More reliable and it is clear what your friend does now.
I am also a window cleaner great business !

KLaw

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Aug 4, 2012
ohio
Viewed on mobile. Spent 10 seconds on it. First impression....way too busy. Felt discombobulated to me. No reviews or testimonials? But, it's a start. Keep plugging away.

D

Deleted2BB3x9

Viewed on mobile. Spent 10 seconds on it. First impression....way too busy. Felt discombobulated to me. No reviews or testimonials? But, it's a start. Keep plugging away.

Didn't optimize for mobile yet. Will update it again. And I will add reviews as soon I as have some.

D

Deleted2BB3x9

Also, when I googled "window cleaning ancaster" this kept showing up in the top of paid and organic. Window Cleaning Ancaster, ON | College Pro
Franchisor's main page?

Yes they have their own page, however, we only get leads from it if it falls in our territory. We decided to make our own page and target it specifically to one postal code.

I can probably use some of the information on that page and add it to ours.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.