The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to create Pricing Plans for Window cleaning ?

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
After stopping for a quick detour of selling cookies at farmers markets, I am back to cleaning windows.
Now, since @ZCP made me do 1000 Pushups again, I have been getting off my a$$ to get some volume in with flyers and cold approaching.

This has helped me to start getting customers semi reliably (hit 1k this month again) but it's always an uphill battle due to me not having a consistent pricing strategy.
Moreover, I need to start getting customers on monthly plans if I want to ever get scale into this hustle. I recently read a thread by @Johnny boy where he explained his pricing strategy for lawncare. It was very eye-opening, but 20 Visits a year is not realistic for windowcleaning and I feel like doing 10 a year makes the math too easy for the customer.
To be able to scale, I need to average at least 150 € per visit.

Now the question is, how do I go about achieving that when my current customers bring me 300 to 500 a year ?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
After stopping for a quick detour of selling cookies at farmers markets, I am back to cleaning windows.
Now, since @ZCP made me do 1000 Pushups again, I have been getting off my a$$ to get some volume in with flyers and cold approaching.

This has helped me to start getting customers semi reliably (hit 1k this month again) but it's always an uphill battle due to me not having a consistent pricing strategy.
Moreover, I need to start getting customers on monthly plans if I want to ever get scale into this hustle. I recently read a thread by @Johnny boy where he explained his pricing strategy for lawncare. It was very eye-opening, but 20 Visits a year is not realistic for windowcleaning and I feel like doing 10 a year makes the math too easy for the customer.

Now the question is, how do I go about achieving that when my current customers bring me 300 to 500 a year ?
So you're looking to get clients who pay €150/mth.

Who will pay that, and what will they get?

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA

that's only 1800 € / year billed monthly. .... so, what would be 2500 € of VALUE for these businesses?
windows? doorsteps? display cases? trash? sidewalk? pressure wash? new mats?

read $100M offers WHILE you keep washing windows and getting reviews.
make them an offer they would be crazy to refuse

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
631%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Don’t look at me using a hammer on a nail and then grab a hammer when there’s a screw in front of you.

The same goes for the business model we use and how you are trying to build your business.

If I reasoned that I should run a window cleaning business, I wouldn’t necessarily even apply the same business model to it that I have for the lawn care stuff.

It’s a different service. It has different time frames. It’s a different market. They have different needs, different boundaries, things are weighted differently in their mind when it comes to making buying decisions.

All day, think about what a large window cleaning company would look like. Would they service giant projects like cleaning the windows for skyscrapers or cleaning all the windows on the pentagon? Would it be residential only? How many people would be in the office handing all the calls? How would you have salespeople to go out and quote hundreds of places a day? Or would it all be remote quoting? How would you simplify it? How would it work best to be efficient and simple? So simple an idiot could do the work. So simple an idiot could give the quotes. So simple an idiot could manage the locations and maintain the equipment.

Write it down and change your plan and ideas. Get journals and start filling them up.

I have a couple thousand pages filled up. Like 4+ big a$$ journals filled up cover to cover.

Eventually you’ll have a clear vision and plan of action. It will change many times. That’s the dirty part of building something big.

Look at anything successful and just know that there’s an iceberg of 99% of it that is all the work you don’t see.

Then, understand that even all that 99%….theres 5x as much that was built that had to be scrapped later.

It’s a lot of work.

Lots and lots of deep thought, testing ideas in your head just to throw them out and change everything. Then you actually have to build it. It’s a lot

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
i'll counter @Johnny boy for a sec ....

@Subsonic until you have 25 customers, you have no idea what you are doing or what anyone wants. get your a$$ out there today and get 25 customers. they will tell you what they want. FOCUS

in down moments, sketch up the bigger business like JB says. just don't do that instead of getting your a$$ out there and getting customers. do we need another 1000 pushups??

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
631%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
i'll counter @Johnny boy for a sec ....

@Subsonic until you have 25 customers, you have no idea what you are doing or what anyone wants. get your a$$ out there today and get 25 customers. they will tell you what they want. FOCUS

in down moments, sketch up the bigger business like JB says. just don't do that instead of getting your a$$ out there and getting customers. do we need another 1000 pushups??
You are right.

Do both, go get your hands dirty and spend the nights scheming.

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
So you're looking to get clients who pay €150/mth.

Who will pay that, and what will they get?
Those who pay that currently are car dealerships and they get clean windows and floors for zero headache.
that's only 1800 € / year billed monthly. .... so, what would be 2500 € of VALUE for these businesses?
windows? doorsteps? display cases? trash? sidewalk? pressure wash? new mats?

read $100M offers WHILE you keep washing windows and getting reviews.
make them an offer they would be crazy to refuse
This is a great way to look at it, thank you.
I will go and start putting this offer together.

Meanwhile I'll keep visiting stores and handing out flyers untill I have 25 reoccurring customers.
Currently I have 2 of those.
Don’t look at me using a hammer on a nail and then grab a hammer when there’s a screw in front of you.

The same goes for the business model we use and how you are trying to build your business.

If I reasoned that I should run a window cleaning business, I wouldn’t necessarily even apply the same business model to it that I have for the lawn care stuff.

It’s a different service. It has different time frames. It’s a different market. They have different needs, different boundaries, things are weighted differently in their mind when it comes to making buying decisions.

All day, think about what a large window cleaning company would look like. Would they service giant projects like cleaning the windows for skyscrapers or cleaning all the windows on the pentagon? Would it be residential only? How many people would be in the office handing all the calls? How would you have salespeople to go out and quote hundreds of places a day? Or would it all be remote quoting? How would you simplify it? How would it work best to be efficient and simple? So simple an idiot could do the work. So simple an idiot could give the quotes. So simple an idiot could manage the locations and maintain the equipment.

Write it down and change your plan and ideas. Get journals and start filling them up.

I have a couple thousand pages filled up. Like 4+ big a$$ journals filled up cover to cover.

Eventually you’ll have a clear vision and plan of action. It will change many times. That’s the dirty part of building something big.

Look at anything successful and just know that there’s an iceberg of 99% of it that is all the work you don’t see.

Then, understand that even all that 99%….theres 5x as much that was built that had to be scrapped later.

It’s a lot of work.

Lots and lots of deep thought, testing ideas in your head just to throw them out and change everything. Then you actually have to build it. It’s a lot
Thank you for taking time to write this out.
I just grabbed a journal for this. This made me realize that 99% of the day, I am thinking about things other than business.

Thanks again.
I'll make sure to not be an askhole and actually execute on the advice here.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Those who pay that currently are car dealerships and they get clean windows and floors for zero headache.
Get more car dealerships then?

David Fitz

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jan 30, 2020
Ireland
There's guys in the UK earning £500 a day cleaning windows and they charge about £8 a house.

You get the WFP system. You get residential signed up every month or every 2 months.

You have other services offered like gutter cleaning which can be a yearly service.

You get that system correct and then you add another van and another.

You can also check out this guy in Ireland who is making one million a year in sales but he's in Dublin - Window Cleaning | Gutter Cleaning |The Cleaning Company.ie

There's also Pryors Window Cleaning in the UK who makes £2 Million a year from window cleaning/gutter cleaning.

I would say its quite hard to do when you're in a small population sized town.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.