The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I've Read UNSCRIPTED!

Under-Dog

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Jan 16, 2015
So.Cal
Read the first 5 chapters... Can't wait for the audio book! I've found listening to these audio books during my commute is much better way to spend those horrible times in traffic. The only downside is I like to annotate on books to go back on

Second Saint

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Jul 3, 2014
I've read it once now, and have specifically read and re-read the money system part. I have much to learn to create a system that works for me. I will most likely buy the book again in electronic format. Will leave a review when we are allowed to. Thanks MJ.

Mumtaz

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jul 15, 2016
UK
I've preordered the book on kindle.. I was just wishing that it could have been dropped on Monday in place of Tuesday haha
View attachment 14869

That's what I see when trying to leave a review.

Amazon allows 5 comments per week from people that haven't bought from them. Probably that's why

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
Amazon allows 5 comments per week from people that haven't bought from them. Probably that's why

I've bought and received copies of Unscripted from Amazon though. I bought off Amazon partly so I could leave a review that says "verified purchase" (instead of only buying and reviewing off the one I got direct from Viperion/MJ)

CMA

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Mar 3, 2014
Read it, devoured it and applying it to my thinking. Can't wait to share it with the people I care about.

Talk about a smack in the face.

I see a few reviews on Amazon, but when I try to post mine it says I can't until the book officially comes out.

Below is the Amazon review I will post when I can:

UNSCRIPTED is a masterpiece!

If you get your feelings hurt easily, or shut down when the truth slaps you in the face so hard it hurts; then this book isn't for you. If you close your mind when your beliefs are questioned; then this book isn't for you.

If you want to see the world in a different light and make a seismic shift in your thoughts and reality and put yourself 1000 steps ahead of the crowd; stop debating and get this book right now.

I almost feel like I should pay the author, MJ DeMarco, for sharing these ideas with the world. (Really pay; not just for the book, as the lessons learned here will help me throughout my life and my future children's lives.)

I'll share some highlights of the book below:

"What if I told you that you've become and unwitting participant in an obligatory game, one victim in a genocide of dreams, a pawn institutionally directed by the rank doctrine that every human must go to college, get a job, get married, have kids, use credit cards, finance a car, mortgage a house, stare at the latest smart phone (further entrenching your obedience), save and cheapskate your pay check while entrusting it to Wall Street, all while you continue feeding the bloodthirsty parasites drunk on your life force?" (pg. 12)

BOOM!

Gems like this are on every page.

Here is another:

"Want to know what really holds the key your your happiness?....The great happiness secret is autonomy. Freedom. The ability to feel in control of your life, to stockpile options, mobility, and whatever else you self-determine and endorse."(pg. 217)

He could charge $1,000 for this book and the value equation would still be on the readers side.

This book is an instant classic in the world of entrepreneurship, money and life.

All I can say is thank you, MJ. Thank you.
#TimeMachine
#StartToday
#RipUpTheScript
#UNSCRIPTED
cleardot.gif

Richie Rich

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Mar 26, 2012
Louisville, KY
I was lucky enough to be one of the early release recipients. I'm still reading it and I'm almost done, as I like to read a few chapters at a time and let the lessons simmer in my brain for a bit, rather than doing a one-sit rush reading, where I'll forget half of what I've read in no time. With novels I do that, but with a book like UnScripted , I don't want to gloss over anything, as all the information is pertinent. I can't wait to get the audiobook, as I hope MJ reads this one as well. I'll definitely be re-reading this, just to reinforce what I've read. I've written a solid review, but Amazon won't let me post it, since the book hasn't "officially" been released. But rest assured, come May 23rd, I'm posting it on Amazon. Congrats MJ, whereas you hit a homer with TMF , UnScripted is a Grand Slam. Both TMF and UnScripted are the straight dope, no BS. It reminds of when Tom Cruise as Jerry Maguire wrote his mission statement: The Things We Think and Do Not Say:The Future of Our Business. And the Kinkos employee telling him: "That's how you become great man, hang your balls out there!" And of course, thank you MJ for allowing me to have a crack at it early and for writing it.

Richie Rich

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Mar 26, 2012
Louisville, KY
Here is my review that I will post come May 23rd (it's a bit long, but it's worth a read):

Disclaimer: I have read The Millionaire Fastlane and I am a member of the Fastlane Forum, which is how I was able to receive an early copy of UnScripted . I had to pay for my copy of UnScripted , as it was not provided for free or in exchange for a positive review. While my review will be positive, I will be fair and honest in my appraisal.

I was first introduced to The Millionaire Fastlane and MJ DeMarco in 2011. I had bought a copy of How To Get Rich by Felix Dennis and wanted to read reviews about it, so I went to Amazon.com. Upon going to the book’s page on Amazon.com, I noticed in the ‘Customers who bought this item also bought’ and the first book shown was The Millionaire Fastlane . Granted, this was the first edition of the book, with the original cover and at first I thought, really? Not that the cover or the title put me off, but in the realm of business books, if you’ve seen one, you’ve seen ‘em all. Still, the book had a 4.5 out of 5 star rating, so I clicked on the link. People raved about the book, how it was the un-business book, it was not like all the other books about business/entrepreneurship, and as I’m a contrarian, it was right up my alley. I read it and re-read it and I liked it. Initially, it was a shock to the system, as it was going against the standard dogma that was written and that most of us accept. MJ was a bit abrupt at times, but looking back, he was being cruel to be kind. Many readers looking for the magic bullet of how he created his business and wealth were disappointed, as he made it clear how he did it was not important. At first, I was a bit put off by that, but once I read it and let it gestate, I understood the HOW was not important, and once you read UnScripted , you will realize it’s the WHY that is most important.

I was surprised that MJ had decided to write another book on the subject of business/entrepreneurship and I had been keeping up with his progress periodically on the Fastlane Forum. In The Millionaire Fastlane , he says he does not like gurus and those who seek to use their books as an upsell into videos, quick-start systems and the like, and that this was going to be his only book. If he had not written UnScripted , The Millionaire Fastlane is a book that is a roadmap to creating wealth via business/entrepreneurship and stands up on its own. That being said, it took him three years to write The Millionaire Fastlane , as well as this book.

Now I know those of you who purchased and read The Millionaire Fastlane and weren’t given step-by-step instructions on how you too could create a Limos.com (the website that MJ created and then sold some years later) and were quick to judge The Millionaire Fastlane as a waste of time, just another millionaire who got lucky espousing his knowledge just to make a buck. MJ didn’t need the money, as this was a passion of his that he was able to execute on and share with those who would listen, a book he self-published, as he also did with UnScripted . As I said in my introduction, my first impression of MJ was of someone who was bit abrupt, with a need for tact and consideration for his audience. But as I read The Millionaire Fastlane , I started understanding where he was coming from and why his tone was the way it was. Too many books about business/entrepreneurship are kid-gloving and coddling the reader, when what they need is a swift kick in the rear, as that is how life is. And many of the readers of The Millionaire Fastlane , both fans and critics, probably assumed that Unscripted is just The Millionaire Fastlane 2.0, which is a mistake. Granted, he writes about what he knows and some of the material that he discussed in The Millionaire Fastlane does make its way into UnScripted , but it’s not a rehash, like The Force Awakens was to A New Hope. UnScripted is its own book, one that is more of a self-improvement book than a business/entrepreneurship book. MJ touches on aspects of business/entrepreneurship, but focuses on the most important quality of anyone seeking to be successful in business/entrepreneurship, or life for that matter: mindset. If I had to compare how UnScripted is to The Millionaire Fastlane , it’s like Anthony Robbins did with his first book, Unlimited Power and the follow-up, Awaken The Giant Within. Both books are excellent in the field of human potential/self-improvement, but what he discussed in his first book he expands on and adds to in his second book. Awaken The Giant Within was not a sequel to Unlimited Power, just as UnScripted is not a sequel to The Millionaire Fastlane . You can’t go wrong reading both books, but in my opinion, I think readers would benefit from reading UnScripted first, then The Millionaire Fastlane . I say that because Unscripted focuses on creating and developing the correct mindset and beliefs, which are necessary to have if one wishes to obtain great wealth and create a business that fills needs and/or solves problems and ultimately creates and adds value. And for those who don’t have the patience to read the book from start to finish, who only want the facts or say it should have/could have been shorter, you’re missing the point. If you only want facts/logic, then you have no connection, no anchor to create the emotion that makes the facts relatable and applicable. That’s like getting the Cliff’s Notes just to finish a book report. Yeah, you’ll know the main characters, the plot, but you will miss out on the emotions and personalizing the information for yourself. Reading is subjective, as we each glean different things from the subject matter. By reading the entire book, you absorb everything that the author was communicating, not just the nuts and bolts, and certain aspects mean more to you than they do to other readers and vice versa. I recall a story I was told about Aristotle concerning his students. In order for them to remember important facts, he would relay the information to the student and then smack them to create an emotional anchor, i.e. shock/surprise. If you just read something to memorize facts and figures, yeah you can, but if there is no emotion connected to said facts and figures, they will probably be forgotten. But add emotion and personalize what is being said, then you will more than likely, remember what you read or what was said.

Just as in The Millionaire Fastlane , MJ does not BS the reader. He walks his talk and gives the reader the straight dope. If you don’t believe me, then go to the Fastlane Forum and he dispenses advice and information about business/entrepreneurship in a matter of fact way, as he’s seen it and done it. I was under the impression that he may have had a few failures and struck gold with Limos.com, as his rise to the top of the entrepreneur hill was a semi-smooth one, but when you read Unscripted , you get to see MJ not as this mythical, super-entrepreneur with all the answers, but as a human being who has failed over and over and over again until he figured out how to get in and stay in the Fastlane. He will be the first to admit he’s walked the Sidewalk and driven the Slowlane, but those were means to an end, the Fastlane and he is still learning, still growing, as things change and methodologies must also change and be updated and adapted, if one is to be successful. If these terms are foreign to you, you will be introduced to them in UnScripted and expanded upon in The Millionaire Fastlane . Whereas in The Millionaire Fastlane , he seemed harsh at times, he seems to have mellowed a bit in UnScripted and for me, was much more relatable. That’s not a dig at MJ, as The Millionaire Fastlane was his first go at writing and he was trying to get his message written and shared, albeit his style was a lot of tough love and my way or the highway, which I did and still do appreciate. While he is still like that in UnScripted , he has softened a bit and reveals how he came to create Limos.com in much more detail, warts and all. He talks about growing up in Chicago, dealing with naysayers, doubters and haters, all the while conveying the pain that caused him to want to follow the “narrow road”, a term that the late Felix Dennis coined.

I don’t want to turn anyone off of reading this by making this out to be simply a self-improvement manual, as MJ does offer a blueprint on how to create your own business, which comes toward the end of the book. But please, if you do buy the book, don’t skip the heart of the book, which is the shift of your mindset, from Scripted to UnScripted . I’m grateful to MJ for writing this book. I, along with many others, was thrilled to have read The Millionare Fastlane and for him to write UnScripted and add to the invaluable information he has already shared is priceless. I know there will be those who just want it cut and dry, still upset that MJ didn’t hold their hands and show them step-by-step how to create a business and that’s fine. Not everyone is going to vibe with UnScripted , just as they didn’t vibe with The Millionaire Fastlane . He admits that Get Rich Quick is real, but not Get Rich Easy and that creating a business that creates value involves hard work and sacrifice, two things that are foreign to many who claim they want to be entrepreneurs, but aren’t willing to pay the price of admission. For those who felt that they were somehow cheated by The Millionaire Fastlane , read UnScripted , change your mindset and your beliefs and then go back and re-read The Millionaire Fastlane and see if your perspective and opinion changes about The Millionaire Fastlane . I have a feeling it will, if you give both UnScripted and The Millionaire Fastlane an honest to goodness chance, without prejudice and preconceived ideas about how you think things should be.

Let me close my long-winded review by saying thank you to MJ DeMarco for sharing his insights and knowledge from hard-won experience of failing in business, but eventually succeeding and doing it not as other “entrepreneurs” would believe you can and should do it, but by realizing that there are truths and absolutes that for too long, were shrouded in mystery, kept hidden, replaced with the ad nausem platitudes and rules that people think will make them successful in business, but are fool’s gold. UnScripted and The Millionaire Fastlane are the real things. If you don’t want to live your life like everyone else, do yourself a favor: go and buy both, but read UnScripted first and the Millionaire Fastlane second. I only wish I had had these when I was just out of high school or college, but then I may not have been ready for the lessons they had to teach me. There is an old saying, when the student is ready, the teacher will appear. I’ve been on my quest to find my Fastlane since 2011 and while have had a few detours and hit a few potholes, I’m still looking, still searching, not content with giving up and following the crowd. I hope those who took the time to read my review found it informative and useful to your decision whether or not to buy UnScripted and/or The Millionaire Fastlane . If you are still on the fence about either or both, MJ is nice enough to let you read the first five chapters for free, just go to the FastlaneForum.com and from there you can create an account on the forum or just download the five free chapters in PDF format. The same goes for The Millionaire Fastlane , although it is only the first three chapters. Good luck!

LauraMorenoCa

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
May 18, 2017
New York
Now that there's several hundred out there in the wild, guess it is time to start a thread for those of you who have read (or listened to!) UNSCRIPTED !

View attachment 14816

Hope everyone enjoyed it and found it to be a good "big picture" supplement for The Millionaire Fastlane !

To download the first (5) chapters: HERE
To learn more (website) visit: HERE
To order via Amazon: HERE
To listen via Audible: Coming Soon.
Just pre-ordered the book ... I supppose I'll have to wait! Thanks MJ! Looking forward to it!

CDM

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
Jun 17, 2013
I finished this about two weeks ago. Now that I've had a chance to let it digest I'll let you know what I think.

First, I think the title is infinitely better than TFM. TFM is one of my top 3 favorite books ever (I read a book a week, so that's saying something!), but I hate the title. It sounds like a get rich quick scheme. UNSCRIPTED is much better for a title.

I wish I could force everybody I know to read this book. Even though I know not everyone would want to suddenly become an entrepreneur, at least they would have a better understanding of how the world really works.

Personally, I like TMF better because it focuses more on "how" to being a successful entrepreneur, while UNSCRIPTED is more focused on "why" entrepreneurism is important. I figured out "why" a long time ago. But I don't think the people who are already immersed in this life is the intended audience.

Overall I think it's an excellent book. It is cold, hard, solid, no BS truth. I appreciate that you took the time to write it, since you obviously didn't have to. I also appreciate that you didn't do it to sell a $50k seminar (why the F*ck does everything lead to a $50k seminar these days?).

Thank you for writing it. I'm sure it will change a lot of lives for the better.

I can't wait to get the audio version. I loop TMF on audio in my car for a couple listens every few months. I'll likely do the same with this book as well.

I've already committed to gifting 5 copies once it's released publicly. I,m sure I'll end up gifting many more.

As an aside, my wife (who has been a highly paid professional graphic designer for 13 years) says the cover sucks. I think it's fine, but I always trust her eye over my own.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States
Read the book... took a while to get through the epoch, not much spare time these days.

A lot of timely information for me as I get a new business off the ground. Will keep a lot of important things fresh, and serve as a quick refresher when I need it.

I loved the whole idea of the productocracy and everything that went with it... it really hit home for me.

The investment section was a little tough for me to get through, but I did appreciate how in detail you got with it. I will come back to it when I've got something worth investing.

Well done @MJ DeMarco

Thoelk

Artificial Psycho
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Feb 18, 2014
Belgium
Here is my review that I will post come May 23rd (it's a bit long, but it's worth a read):

Disclaimer: I have read The Millionaire Fastlane and I am a member of the Fastlane Forum, which is how I was able to receive an early copy of UnScripted . I had to pay for my copy of UnScripted , as it was not provided for free or in exchange for a positive review. While my review will be positive, I will be fair and honest in my appraisal.

I was first introduced to The Millionaire Fastlane and MJ DeMarco in 2011. I had bought a copy of How To Get Rich by Felix Dennis and wanted to read reviews about it, so I went to Amazon.com. Upon going to the book’s page on Amazon.com, I noticed in the ‘Customers who bought this item also bought’ and the first book shown was The Millionaire Fastlane . Granted, this was the first edition of the book, with the original cover and at first I thought, really? Not that the cover or the title put me off, but in the realm of business books, if you’ve seen one, you’ve seen ‘em all. Still, the book had a 4.5 out of 5 star rating, so I clicked on the link. People raved about the book, how it was the un-business book, it was not like all the other books about business/entrepreneurship, and as I’m a contrarian, it was right up my alley. I read it and re-read it and I liked it. Initially, it was a shock to the system, as it was going against the standard dogma that was written and that most of us accept. MJ was a bit abrupt at times, but looking back, he was being cruel to be kind. Many readers looking for the magic bullet of how he created his business and wealth were disappointed, as he made it clear how he did it was not important. At first, I was a bit put off by that, but once I read it and let it gestate, I understood the HOW was not important, and once you read UnScripted , you will realize it’s the WHY that is most important.

I was surprised that MJ had decided to write another book on the subject of business/entrepreneurship and I had been keeping up with his progress periodically on the Fastlane Forum. In The Millionaire Fastlane , he says he does not like gurus and those who seek to use their books as an upsell into videos, quick-start systems and the like, and that this was going to be his only book. If he had not written UnScripted , The Millionaire Fastlane is a book that is a roadmap to creating wealth via business/entrepreneurship and stands up on its own. That being said, it took him three years to write The Millionaire Fastlane , as well as this book.

Now I know those of you who purchased and read The Millionaire Fastlane and weren’t given step-by-step instructions on how you too could create a Limos.com (the website that MJ created and then sold some years later) and were quick to judge The Millionaire Fastlane as a waste of time, just another millionaire who got lucky espousing his knowledge just to make a buck. MJ didn’t need the money, as this was a passion of his that he was able to execute on and share with those who would listen, a book he self-published, as he also did with UnScripted . As I said in my introduction, my first impression of MJ was of someone who was bit abrupt, with a need for tact and consideration for his audience. But as I read The Millionaire Fastlane , I started understanding where he was coming from and why his tone was the way it was. Too many books about business/entrepreneurship are kid-gloving and coddling the reader, when what they need is a swift kick in the rear, as that is how life is. And many of the readers of The Millionaire Fastlane , both fans and critics, probably assumed that Unscripted is just The Millionaire Fastlane 2.0, which is a mistake. Granted, he writes about what he knows and some of the material that he discussed in The Millionaire Fastlane does make its way into UnScripted , but it’s not a rehash, like The Force Awakens was to A New Hope. UnScripted is its own book, one that is more of a self-improvement book than a business/entrepreneurship book. MJ touches on aspects of business/entrepreneurship, but focuses on the most important quality of anyone seeking to be successful in business/entrepreneurship, or life for that matter: mindset. If I had to compare how UnScripted is to The Millionaire Fastlane , it’s like Anthony Robbins did with his first book, Unlimited Power and the follow-up, Awaken The Giant Within. Both books are excellent in the field of human potential/self-improvement, but what he discussed in his first book he expands on and adds to in his second book. Awaken The Giant Within was not a sequel to Unlimited Power, just as UnScripted is not a sequel to The Millionaire Fastlane . You can’t go wrong reading both books, but in my opinion, I think readers would benefit from reading UnScripted first, then The Millionaire Fastlane . I say that because Unscripted focuses on creating and developing the correct mindset and beliefs, which are necessary to have if one wishes to obtain great wealth and create a business that fills needs and/or solves problems and ultimately creates and adds value. And for those who don’t have the patience to read the book from start to finish, who only want the facts or say it should have/could have been shorter, you’re missing the point. If you only want facts/logic, then you have no connection, no anchor to create the emotion that makes the facts relatable and applicable. That’s like getting the Cliff’s Notes just to finish a book report. Yeah, you’ll know the main characters, the plot, but you will miss out on the emotions and personalizing the information for yourself. Reading is subjective, as we each glean different things from the subject matter. By reading the entire book, you absorb everything that the author was communicating, not just the nuts and bolts, and certain aspects mean more to you than they do to other readers and vice versa. I recall a story I was told about Aristotle concerning his students. In order for them to remember important facts, he would relay the information to the student and then smack them to create an emotional anchor, i.e. shock/surprise. If you just read something to memorize facts and figures, yeah you can, but if there is no emotion connected to said facts and figures, they will probably be forgotten. But add emotion and personalize what is being said, then you will more than likely, remember what you read or what was said.

Just as in The Millionaire Fastlane , MJ does not BS the reader. He walks his talk and gives the reader the straight dope. If you don’t believe me, then go to the Fastlane Forum and he dispenses advice and information about business/entrepreneurship in a matter of fact way, as he’s seen it and done it. I was under the impression that he may have had a few failures and struck gold with Limos.com, as his rise to the top of the entrepreneur hill was a semi-smooth one, but when you read Unscripted , you get to see MJ not as this mythical, super-entrepreneur with all the answers, but as a human being who has failed over and over and over again until he figured out how to get in and stay in the Fastlane. He will be the first to admit he’s walked the Sidewalk and driven the Slowlane, but those were means to an end, the Fastlane and he is still learning, still growing, as things change and methodologies must also change and be updated and adapted, if one is to be successful. If these terms are foreign to you, you will be introduced to them in UnScripted and expanded upon in The Millionaire Fastlane . Whereas in The Millionaire Fastlane , he seemed harsh at times, he seems to have mellowed a bit in UnScripted and for me, was much more relatable. That’s not a dig at MJ, as The Millionaire Fastlane was his first go at writing and he was trying to get his message written and shared, albeit his style was a lot of tough love and my way or the highway, which I did and still do appreciate. While he is still like that in UnScripted , he has softened a bit and reveals how he came to create Limos.com in much more detail, warts and all. He talks about growing up in Chicago, dealing with naysayers, doubters and haters, all the while conveying the pain that caused him to want to follow the “narrow road”, a term that the late Felix Dennis coined.

I don’t want to turn anyone off of reading this by making this out to be simply a self-improvement manual, as MJ does offer a blueprint on how to create your own business, which comes toward the end of the book. But please, if you do buy the book, don’t skip the heart of the book, which is the shift of your mindset, from Scripted to UnScripted . I’m grateful to MJ for writing this book. I, along with many others, was thrilled to have read The Millionare Fastlane and for him to write UnScripted and add to the invaluable information he has already shared is priceless. I know there will be those who just want it cut and dry, still upset that MJ didn’t hold their hands and show them step-by-step how to create a business and that’s fine. Not everyone is going to vibe with UnScripted , just as they didn’t vibe with The Millionaire Fastlane . He admits that Get Rich Quick is real, but not Get Rich Easy and that creating a business that creates value involves hard work and sacrifice, two things that are foreign to many who claim they want to be entrepreneurs, but aren’t willing to pay the price of admission. For those who felt that they were somehow cheated by The Millionaire Fastlane , read UnScripted , change your mindset and your beliefs and then go back and re-read The Millionaire Fastlane and see if your perspective and opinion changes about The Millionaire Fastlane . I have a feeling it will, if you give both UnScripted and The Millionaire Fastlane an honest to goodness chance, without prejudice and preconceived ideas about how you think things should be.

Let me close my long-winded review by saying thank you to MJ DeMarco for sharing his insights and knowledge from hard-won experience of failing in business, but eventually succeeding and doing it not as other “entrepreneurs” would believe you can and should do it, but by realizing that there are truths and absolutes that for too long, were shrouded in mystery, kept hidden, replaced with the ad nausem platitudes and rules that people think will make them successful in business, but are fool’s gold. UnScripted and The Millionaire Fastlane are the real things. If you don’t want to live your life like everyone else, do yourself a favor: go and buy both, but read UnScripted first and the Millionaire Fastlane second. I only wish I had had these when I was just out of high school or college, but then I may not have been ready for the lessons they had to teach me. There is an old saying, when the student is ready, the teacher will appear. I’ve been on my quest to find my Fastlane since 2011 and while have had a few detours and hit a few potholes, I’m still looking, still searching, not content with giving up and following the crowd. I hope those who took the time to read my review found it informative and useful to your decision whether or not to buy UnScripted and/or The Millionaire Fastlane . If you are still on the fence about either or both, MJ is nice enough to let you read the first five chapters for free, just go to the FastlaneForum.com and from there you can create an account on the forum or just download the five free chapters in PDF format. The same goes for The Millionaire Fastlane , although it is only the first three chapters. Good luck!

What a great review... Your style of writing is really good.. I was going to re-read TMF until my copy arrives, but considering your review.. I'm going to consume Unscripted first & then re-read TMF . Well done!

TreyAllDay

Whatever it takes
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Feb 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Where are people getting it? I thought it wasn't released until the 23rd?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Patrickg

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 20, 2016
The underlining theme I noticed in this book is the Business Wisdom. And how much thought was put into the book. It is hands down better than any other book I have read in business. ( I have read a crap ton) Also I never leave reviews.. just not my thing.

Regardless, Thank you MJ. You truly have given any person who seeks the keys to the Unscripted life.
All that is missing is the execution. No excuse!

HayesTech

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
306%
Sep 5, 2016
I read it, all I can say is that you have done it again MJ. WOW!

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I read it.

It's a deep dive into the conditioning that makes us who we are, as defined by society. The multi-layered reinforcement of how people live a lifetime of scripted pre-destined roles, as pawns in a game someone else controls.

MJ and I share nearly all philosophy, from spiritual to business. There are two main differences between MJ and I... first is I screwed up my first exit event and he didn't. Second is he is far more eloquent than I am. He can articulate the messages that I know to be true, but in a way that makes sense to people. When I went in to teach a MBA class a few years back, there's a reason my outline for the class was MJ's CENTS commandments of building a business. CENTS makes a reprised cameo role in Unscripted . It is not the foundation of the book, but being familiar with the concepts of The Millionaire Fastlane help crystallize the facts he lays out in Unscripted .

The book will become a best seller. It will take it's honored place on my bookshelf with a handful of other classics. Freedom is found within the pages of Unscripted . Some will find it and the lessons from Unscripted will set them free.

Reading a book won't make you rich. MJ would be the first to tell you that his book can't set you free. YOU have to set yourself free, by breaking the script.

I can tell you that there are many forum members here that are Unscripted . Many of the posters here (both past and present) were mentioned in the book. There are breadcrumb trails that they left here at the forum for you to discover.

Thanking MJ for the book is not enough. Having your story grace the pages of this forum as a success story is really why he wrote the book. He wrote it for you (and for me). He wrote it to give back for a life that has been blessed. He wrote it as the ultimate Jerry McGuire manifesto, that you might discover your own path to freedom through it's pages. You want to pay MJ the ultimate compliment? Then break the script.

Don't waste this chance. Don't look at it as just another entrepreneur book. MJ's moment was already realized. This is OUR moment. This is OUR freedom. This is OUR legacy.

I am just about to crest the mountain a second time, after I fell off of it the first time. I am just about to plant a flag at the peak of it, using the principles of the Millionaire Fastlane and now Unscripted . I am not the first, and you can read about dozens of journeys right here on the forum. The people that made it to the peak all have one thing in common here at the FastlaneForum. They all got there...

Unscripted .

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States
Many of the posters here (both past and present) were mentioned in the book.

I was reading one of the quotes earlier in the book, and thought to myself "man, that sounds like something I'd say".

**flips to the reference section**

Shit, I DID say that!

Glad a post of mine was worthy enough to contribute to the book :smile2:

lewj24

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 12, 2016
St. Louis, MO
Just finished it. Very good. I need to reread a few parts. Will be buying the audible version once it comes out.

Richie Rich

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Mar 26, 2012
Louisville, KY
What a great review... Your style of writing is really good.. I was going to re-read TMF until my copy arrives, but considering your review.. I'm going to consume Unscripted first & then re-read TMF. Well done!
Thank you for saying that. It's funny, in high school, my English teacher used to rag on me about how bad of a writer I was (I never forgot his name, Mr. Nett). When I got to college and took College English, my teacher (I never forgot her name, Mrs. Gaskey) told me to forget everything I learned in high school English, that I was a blank slate. That was very liberating. The idea of writing a short story, a novella or even a novel has crossed my mind, but I always had an excuse. But after reading UnScripted , with MJ's encouragement (pg. 252 "If there's a book inside you, by all means, write it."), I have to now. Like Vigilante said, it's not enough to thank MJ, I, along with anyone who is still on the fence about going for it, breaking the script, we need to act, to execute, to do it.

That was my takeaway from reading UnScripted (sorry for capitalizing the S, I just think it looks better when referencing it), but you may not think so. I think that reading UnScripted first, then the Millionaire Fastlane , it puts TMF into a whole new context, while meshing and reinforcing the ideas and concepts that MJ presents in both books. While they are phenomenal reads on their own, combining the two into a dynamic duo, if you will, makes them two of the best, if not the best books about business/entrepreneurship I've read. I was thinking as I was reading UnScripted how the information MJ shares can and will stand the test of time, as the basics of business, the essence, i.e. offering value, filling needs and solving problems, supersedes everything else. Fifty, even One-hundred years from now, when the business books from yesteryear are being reviewed, MJ's books will be held in high regard, just as Napoleon Hill's Think and Grow Rich and Dale Carnegie's How To Win Friends and Influence People are today.

Richie Rich

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Mar 26, 2012
Louisville, KY
Last edited:

Mark Foster II

Building my HIGHWAY
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Jun 12, 2014
Finished it about a week ago and THOROUGHLY enjoyed it!

My goal was to read it and then re-read it. After reading some of the comments in this section I'm going to run through the gamut and read Unscripted and then jump straight into TMF.

Unscripted was such a refreshing read and just confirmed what I already felt I knew about MJ and that is he's a real genuine dude! He went certain places in Unscripted that REALLY took me aback and made me feel even more confident in clinging on to his every word in that book. I also love the fact that it's completely standalone but can only imagine what combining the two will do for me in the near future.

Will be writing a complete review once the 23rd drops but just wanted to say thanks to MJ for sharing all his knowledge, building this forum for all of us to connect, and being fearless in how he presents his message! I mean......that's what being Unscripted is all about!!!!! Having the freedom in being UNCOMPROMISING in your message!

TMF helped me launch my private labeling business on Amazon but ego got in the way of having it sustain towards an exit (by the way, I absolutely LOVE how you speak about the phenomenon that is "Start an Amazon business" that's become the hot craze). Now that I've read Unscripted and will be revisiting BOTH starting this week, I'm beyond excited to see where this journey will take me on!

Again, thanks MJ and I wish you nothing but the highest level of success with this book and to all who reads it and applies!

Trud09

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jun 23, 2016
Completed the book last week. Looking forward to release day to leave my review on Amazon.

JordanK

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Feb 17, 2014
Ireland
Just preordered the book on Amazon. I'm getting a digital copy as I want to be able to start reading it straight away! When I was purchasing I noticed Amazon has included a new feature called 'Amazon Charts' where it lists the top twenty selling/read books of the week. Hopefully Unscripted appears here soon. I really enjoyed the first 5 chapters and can't wait for tomorrow!

Amazon Charts Top 20 Books

Mumtaz

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jul 15, 2016
UK
I
How do you know that?
I'm an Amazon fba seller... the reason why they done that is because most of amazon sellers used to get/pay random people to write good reviews without trying the products first lol..

StompingAcorns

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Dec 11, 2015
Southeastern U.S.
I was so thrilled to be able to purchase an advance copy! I'm looking forward to leaving my Amazon review tomorrow!

I believe every high school graduate should get a copy of this upon graduation (or sooner!). This is one of those books that you'll see something new in every time you read it. I love MJ's no-BS, blunt style. I love the way he's able to articulate what we all know on some level but can't really express the way he can.

One of the things I really liked is when he talked about that valley between idea inception and first sale - that long, dry spell of no sales, no feedback, and no external motivation where so many people quit. I thought that was a great description of what we all face when starting a new business.

Great book, MJ! And I love the title, too.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.