• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

2. Forum *Official* Book Discussion
    Influence, The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert Cialdini

The forum has voted to discuss this book. Grab it and let's discuss!
    Buy: Buy | Discuss: Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion(Review | Discuss)

GOLD! I've Read UNSCRIPTED!

Discussion in 'Education, Learning, Books' started by MJ DeMarco, May 12, 2017.

1. amp0193

amp0193 Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $48,547
    I was reading one of the quotes earlier in the book, and thought to myself "man, that sounds like something I'd say".

**flips to the reference section**

Shit, I DID say that!

Glad a post of mine was worthy enough to contribute to the book :smile2:

2. lewj24

lewj24 Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,776
    Just finished it. Very good. I need to reread a few parts. Will be buying the audible version once it comes out.

Mumtaz, ZF Lee and MJ DeMarco like this.
  3. MortimerFox

MortimerFox Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $773
    How do you know that?

Mumtaz likes this.
  4. Richie Rich

Richie Rich Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $469
    Thank you for saying that. It's funny, in high school, my English teacher used to rag on me about how bad of a writer I was (I never forgot his name, Mr. Nett). When I got to college and took College English, my teacher (I never forgot her name, Mrs. Gaskey) told me to forget everything I learned in high school English, that I was a blank slate. That was very liberating. The idea of writing a short story, a novella or even a novel has crossed my mind, but I always had an excuse. But after reading UnScripted, with MJ's encouragement (pg. 252 "If there's a book inside you, by all means, write it."), I have to now. Like Vigilante said, it's not enough to thank MJ, I, along with anyone who is still on the fence about going for it, breaking the script, we need to act, to execute, to do it.

That was my takeaway from reading UnScripted (sorry for capitalizing the S, I just think it looks better when referencing it), but you may not think so. I think that reading UnScripted first, then the Millionaire Fastlane, it puts TMF into a whole new context, while meshing and reinforcing the ideas and concepts that MJ presents in both books. While they are phenomenal reads on their own, combining the two into a dynamic duo, if you will, makes them two of the best, if not the best books about business/entrepreneurship I've read. I was thinking as I was reading UnScripted how the information MJ shares can and will stand the test of time, as the basics of business, the essence, i.e. offering value, filling needs and solving problems, supersedes everything else. Fifty, even One-hundred years from now, when the business books from yesteryear are being reviewed, MJ's books will be held in high regard, just as Napoleon Hill's Think and Grow Rich and Dale Carnegie's How To Win Friends and Influence People are today.

Dameron, itmap, Nily and 4 others like this.
  5. Richie Rich

Richie Rich Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $469
    Last edited: May 22, 2017
  6. Mark Foster II

Mark Foster II Building my HIGHWAY Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $169
    Finished it about a week ago and THOROUGHLY enjoyed it!

My goal was to read it and then re-read it. After reading some of the comments in this section I'm going to run through the gamut and read Unscripted and then jump straight into TMF.

Unscripted was such a refreshing read and just confirmed what I already felt I knew about MJ and that is he's a real genuine dude! He went certain places in Unscripted that REALLY took me aback and made me feel even more confident in clinging on to his every word in that book. I also love the fact that it's completely standalone but can only imagine what combining the two will do for me in the near future.

Will be writing a complete review once the 23rd drops but just wanted to say thanks to MJ for sharing all his knowledge, building this forum for all of us to connect, and being fearless in how he presents his message! I mean......that's what being Unscripted is all about!!!!! Having the freedom in being UNCOMPROMISING in your message!

TMF helped me launch my private labeling business on Amazon but ego got in the way of having it sustain towards an exit (by the way, I absolutely LOVE how you speak about the phenomenon that is "Start an Amazon business" that's become the hot craze). Now that I've read Unscripted and will be revisiting BOTH starting this week, I'm beyond excited to see where this journey will take me on!

Again, thanks MJ and I wish you nothing but the highest level of success with this book and to all who reads it and applies!

7. Trud09

Trud09 Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $429
    Completed the book last week. Looking forward to release day to leave my review on Amazon.

Mumtaz and ZF Lee like this.
  8. JordanK

JordanK Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,103
    Just preordered the book on Amazon. I'm getting a digital copy as I want to be able to start reading it straight away! When I was purchasing I noticed Amazon has included a new feature called 'Amazon Charts' where it lists the top twenty selling/read books of the week. Hopefully Unscripted appears here soon. I really enjoyed the first 5 chapters and can't wait for tomorrow!

Amazon Charts Top 20 Books

MJ DeMarco likes this.
  9. Mumtaz

Mumtaz Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $177
    I
    I'm an Amazon fba seller... the reason why they done that is because most of amazon sellers used to get/pay random people to write good reviews without trying the products first lol..

10. StompingAcorns

StompingAcorns Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $4,035
    I was so thrilled to be able to purchase an advance copy! I'm looking forward to leaving my Amazon review tomorrow!

I believe every high school graduate should get a copy of this upon graduation (or sooner!). This is one of those books that you'll see something new in every time you read it. I love MJ's no-BS, blunt style. I love the way he's able to articulate what we all know on some level but can't really express the way he can.

One of the things I really liked is when he talked about that valley between idea inception and first sale - that long, dry spell of no sales, no feedback, and no external motivation where so many people quit. I thought that was a great description of what we all face when starting a new business.

Great book, MJ! And I love the title, too.

11. Ajay Tutaan

Ajay Tutaan New Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $26
    I just ordered the Kindle version online coz I'm from the Philippines. I have started water distribution system in my city thanks to your book. I can't wait to receive unscripted.

Dinho7, johhngalt and MJ DeMarco like this.
  12. MortimerFox

MortimerFox Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $773
    Well that's no good if I send people a PDF copy of my book, they read it and try to leave an honest review on Amazon. ):

Mumtaz likes this.
  13. MortimerFox

Rep Bank:
    $773
    I ordered a copy of Unscripted yesterday but Amazon said it would take a week (expedited) to get to me (I'm in the UK). Is MJ posting them himself, by hand?

14. Everyman

Everyman Get To The Choppa! Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $675
    Hi Guys,

I received THE BOOK to my Kindle overnight. Can't wait to read it - already started in the morning and got a bit late to work at my cotton plantation (this is what I call my 9 - 5).

I ordered a paper version for my friend who is 6000 km from me. Although he is really 'solid' when talking about his life, he has started sending me Anonymous memes so I figured - there are some cracks on his posture and at least he is looking at something. I will give it a try.

My takeaway from this read will be more relaxation. At the moment I know there are literally no excuses, if you don't work in a diamond mine somewhere in South Africa, and btw you are 5 years old and somebody is pointing a gun at you every minute... PROCESS: It took my me a few weeks to make a giant change (EVENT: the change itself took about two minutes to 'go-live') when I read TMF. I am excited to see what happens after this one.

Thanks MJ, again!

#nowhere, MJ DeMarco and ZF Lee like this.
  15. Sean Marshall

Sean Marshall Independent since 2010 Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $8,867
    Hey everyone - today is the day to leave a review on Amazon for MJ.

I tried to post mine earlier but like others have mentioned here, we had to wait until today. I posted my 5 star review (of course) on Amazon today.

BE SURE TO LEAVE YOUR REVIEW ON AMAZON TODAY!!!

If you're interested, this is what I had to say:

Let's just be honest, you're going to see a LOT of 5 star reviews for this book. Why? Because it really is a powerful, potentially life-changing book.

Quick background - I was introduced to MJ DeMarco through a friend about 6 years ago. He showed me MJ's first book, The Millionaire Fastlane. And while we were sitting in my friend's office, not some back alley, it was almost as if he were introducing me to some secret society because MJ didn't go the traditional route of selling his book using the media. He relied on word-of-mouth. And to be clear, word-of-mouth only works when you have a quality product.

Long story short, I read The Millionaire Fastlane and after doing so, immediately made some changes in my own fledgling business. Changes that helped me scale up my business, reduce my own workload to about 10 hours a week, and take off to live in the Caribbean & Europe for 3 years, all together with my family. I'm now a proud member of MJ's Fastlane Forum and have even spoken at his annual summit.

Now MJ comes out with Unscripted.

This book takes it to another level. While The Millionaire Fastlane addresses how to think about wealth and how to start the right kind of business, Unscripted helps you question the underlying motives for pretty much everything we deal with in modern society. But unlike a Malcolm Gladwell book which is fascinating but offers no solutions, MJ teaches you exactly what to do to rise above it all.

He starts off strong and then well, stays strong. If you’re uncomfortable with new, critical thinking as well as colorful language that doesn’t hold back, this might not be the book for you. But if you’re someone who’s interested in rising above what society has in store for you, this book is your handbook.

An underlying theme in this book is personal sovereignty - true happiness through personal freedom. MJ does a fantastic job of weaving together modern day events with historical backgrounds all while applying them directly to you. You’re not left wondering what to do.

If you’re the kind of person that highlights as you read, you’ll find yourself marking up quite a bit! I mean, check out some of these pearls of wisdom:

-Anyone who tells you that money can’t buy happiness isn’t spending it correctly.

-Comparison is future-oriented and focused on what is missing, creating anxiety. Gratitude is present-oriented and focused on what you have, creating peace.

-When sifting through life’s jungle, you want a sharpened scythe to break through the weeds - meaning-and-purpose are its grinding stone.

These are just a few of the wisdom nuggets that you’ll get in this book.

OK, right now I run the risk of saying that this book is “so great”. But, if you read even just a few pages, you’ll see for yourself that this isn’t just regurgitated money/happiness talk from the countless books you can grab off of a bookstore shelf. This book combines truly independent thinking with personal experience and practical take-aways.

If you’re interested in rising above the herd, this book is for you.

AGAIN, IF MJ'S TEACHING'S HAVE HELPED YOU IN ANY WAY, BE SURE TO DO HIM A SOLID AND LEAVE A REVIEW FOR UNSCRIPTED ON AMAZON TODAY!

16. The-J

The-J Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $13,956
    I'm something like 24% through the book. It's already excellent. I'll be posting the review when I'm done. It might take a while.

MJ DeMarco, Mumtaz and ZF Lee like this.
  17. Mumtaz

Rep Bank:
    $177
    So far I've read the money making part till the end so from probably page 223 till end (I went straight for the dessert). It's crazy no one has ever given such transparent advice... I probably spent 5hours reading this part

Now I'm reading from chapter 6 till page220.. this probably take another 4hours

18. mindfulimmortal

mindfulimmortal Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,672
    Great Deal on Unscripted Kindle version - for those of you that purchased the print version of Unscripted you can now purchase the Kindle version for only 2.99 more! "Get one while supplies last - they are going quick - If you call and the line is busy keep trying back" :)

MidwestLandlord and Mumtaz like this.
  19. theag

theag Most Aggressive Guy on the Internet on the Planet Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $50,918
    :thumbsup:

20. OliverR

OliverR Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $405
    The e-mail came just at the right time. Was about to look where to use my this months audible credit. Now I know to hold out until next week! Can't wait! Well done MJ!

ZF Lee, Mumtaz and MJ DeMarco like this.
  21. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $395,234
    Admin Post
    The audiobook might be up sooner than next week. It's been in the "processing" queue at Audible now for almost 2 weeks.

ZF Lee, Vigilante and OliverR like this.
  22. thorn

thorn Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $3,131
    Pre-ordered. Read it. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

What I found interesting was that when I first heard MJ speak two years ago at one of the meetups, it was different than what I had envisioned in my head. Truthfully, I had no basis for this other than to compare his speaking to the voice my mind created for him when I read through TMF. But when he delivered his keynote at the end of the meetup, I felt like you could really see his passion shine through and how important it was to him for you to understand the message. His words weren't spoken in a way that conveyed he was someone who was concerned that his delivery wasn't politically correct. So many authors and/or speakers cater to their audience and sacrifice the quality of message in order to deliver in a way that you as the audience want to hear it or so that it appeals to the masses.

Unscripted is a book that delivers an unfiltered and uncut message, written in MJ's true voice (to my ears at least), about choosing the path to entrepreneurship and breaking free from the script that so many follow day to day. MJ puts it all out there without pulling back the reigns and for me, it will probably require a second read to take it all in, just because there is so much value spread throughout the book.

Great job and as others have said, I expect this book to sit atop another best seller's list.

ZF Lee, Mumtaz, Vigilante and 2 others like this.
  23. Mumtaz

Rep Bank:
    $177
    I've literally saved 1 credit for unscripted Can't wait

24. Mumtaz

Rep Bank:
    $177
    I finished reading the mindset part and I have to say it was also a dessert haha. This book is definitely better than the previous one. I definitely recommend it... it's more practical.. I think the most practical entrepreneur book on the market..

MJ DeMarco likes this.
  25. Dylan_91

Dylan_91 Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $705
    I've THANKFULLY read UNSCRIPTED and it was by far the best book I have ever read.
    Upon receiving it, honestly I was most of the way through TMF at the time and couldn't help but see what the "new" book would have to offer (I know talk about jumping ship in between...)

The information was EYE OPENING, growing up with a single mother and sister I had barely any exposure to the information that was presented in this book and I have to say it changed my perception of the world quite literally... I want to re-read it again but more importantly I want to begin moving (with purpose) and not stop.

THANK YOU.

-Dylan

Mumtaz and MJ DeMarco like this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.