The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is This Still a Viable Fastlane Road?

Danweebly

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jun 3, 2017
Nigeria
I coined this phrase from TMF : "Content-based models are online news magazines and blogs that disseminate information to a particular niche or industry. These services provide content for free consumption and sell advertising to parties who want to reach those eyeballs. My Fastlane Forum can be considered a content-based revenue model. I consider content-based revenue models the most difficult for success because entry barriers have significantly declined and its success is predicated on high traffic."

How Can I Manipulate the odds to my favour if i'm to begin a blog. In other words, what proven blogging strategy can make me succeed if i choose this road as my fastlane route.

My means of Monetization is Google Adsense.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mike24601

Consumption Bear
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Apr 8, 2017
Illinois
Not really, no. The people making money blogging are well established with hundreds of thousands of readers and exceptional, unique content. And the vast majority of the most successful bloggers are probably making <$100k in AdSense revenue yearly. Anyone can start a blog in a few minutes, but will never rank anywhere even close to significant on the Google algorithm. And even if you do reach success, Google can change their algorithm and destroy you overnight.

There is little in the way of proven formula, but lots of theory. Every year the tricks change again, but the universal truth is that you have to be writing good content and attracting visits to your blog that translate into ad clicks. LOTS of them.

This is not Fastlane though. As of late, we are seeing just what happens when you don't respect the Law of Control as thousands of YouTube Vloggers who quit work to focus solely on their channels are finding themselves de-monetized and having to turn to other funding mechanisms such as Patreon.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
I coined this phrase from TMF : "Content-based models are online news magazines and blogs that disseminate information to a particular niche or industry. These services provide content for free consumption and sell advertising to parties who want to reach those eyeballs. My Fastlane Forum can be considered a content-based revenue model. I consider content-based revenue models the most difficult for success because entry barriers have significantly declined and its success is predicated on high traffic."

How Can I Manipulate the odds to my favour if i'm to begin a blog. In other words, what proven blogging strategy can make me succeed if i choose this road as my fastlane route.

The proven blogging strategy is the one where you write stuff that is so good people leave Youtube, Facebook, and their email to come to your blog and read what you have to say. If your only monetization is Adsense, then you are basically just an employee of Google, and if you say, or do, or be, something they don't like, they'll fire you just like an employee.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Not a plan, but a mere strategy. Your blog should supplement a larger vision. Like my forum supports my larger vision.

The proven blogging strategy is the one where you write stuff that is so good people leave Youtube, Facebook, and their email to come to your blog and read what you have to say. If your only monetization is Adsense, then you are basically just an employee of Google, and if you say, or do, or be, something they don't like, they'll fire you just like an employee.

Featured post!

Danweebly

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jun 3, 2017
Nigeria
Not really, no. The people making money blogging are well established with hundreds of thousands of readers and exceptional, unique content. And the vast majority of the most successful bloggers are probably making <$100k in AdSense revenue yearly. Anyone can start a blog in a few minutes, but will never rank anywhere even close to significant on the Google algorithm. And even if you do reach success, Google can change their algorithm and destroy you overnight.
You're Absolutely Right. The most successful blogs I know have established themselves in their various niches. I want to do same

Danweebly

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jun 3, 2017
Nigeria
If your only monetization is Adsense, then you are basically just an employee of Google, and if you say, or do, or be, something they don't like, they'll fire you just like an employee.

I think I can include direct advertising contracts from companies..Google can supplement the income

Danweebly

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jun 3, 2017
Nigeria
Not a plan, but a mere strategy. Your blog should supplement a larger vision. Like my forum supports my larger vision.

I want to build the blog as my fastlane business..Is it really achievable or what factors do i need to consider?

Aside G-adsense, I can take up big advertising contracts from top companies in my country. Suggestion Please

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
what do ya think MJ ?

I think you are going to fail because in all your posts in this thread you haven't once talked about what you are qualified to write about which tells me that your blog is going to have average to below average content and you will have trouble getting traffic.

Ecom man

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
496%
Apr 17, 2014
Every single area you can think of is still viable for a fast lane business. The only thing that’s varies is how saturated the market is and how difficult it is to make money.

Currently people are throwing up shopify stores like crazy and it the the current “gold rush” area. The market is full of tons of people selling on their own websites and trying to make a quick buck. So obviously selling on your own website is saturated and not workable for a fast lane business... right? Nope.

Can you make money blogging? You bet. Will it be easy and as simple as throwing up crappy content and selling ads? Nope!

Danweebly

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jun 3, 2017
Nigeria
Thanks Guys for The Suggestions
I think you are going to fail because in all your posts in this thread you haven't once talked about what you are qualified to write about which tells me that your blog is going to have average to below average content and you will have trouble getting traffic.
Its Basically a news blog...I source for Information from other news sites and present it in a unique way to my readers.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
There's a Gold thread in here somewhere about Blogging.

The best advice I heard about making money with Adsense was to NOT make money with Adsense. Maybe use it to find out what businesses want your visitors, but even then you'd need volume.

May I humbly suggest you check out this thread:

Who are you going to help?

What are you going to help them with?

inputchip

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
409%
Mar 26, 2017
www.tmkings.com

Please SEARCH before posting.