The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is Social Media Marketing Business over saturated?

Marketing, social media, advertising

Dr. G

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Aug 30, 2018
Hello fastlaners!

It has been awhile since I've been on here. I have been grinding it away and working at my slow lane job. I did however take on some side hustle gigs. Nothing so far has brought me the type of revenue that I need to be able to leave my sh*t job.

I however recently came across an opportunity for social media marketing. I basically have an agency, I work on client acquisitions and I drop service whatever the clients need (content creation, ads, funnels development ect). I am not worried about not being able to get the job done properly, what I am worried about is client acquisitions and the niche being maybe over saturated.

If you are in social media marketing or have any experience running a successful social media marketing business, I would love to hear from you. I am fairly new. I would like to know if this is a good business? Is it over saturated?

Thank you so much for reading!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

perchboy

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Aug 7, 2022
Toronto, Canada
More and more businesses are switching online every day.

More and more consumers are downloading social media every day.

But also more and more people are starting half a$$ SMMAs every day.

Lots of opportunity but also lots of competition. Most competition are teenagers who got told by a guru to start it.

Take it seriously and you should be successful with it.

I would go about finding clients the same way @Andy Black found his first clients for Google Ads. He has a couple videos on it somewhere in the forum.

Dr. G

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Aug 30, 2018
More and more businesses are switching online every day.

More and more consumers are downloading social media every day.

But also more and more people are starting half a$$ SMMAs every day.

Lots of opportunity but also lots of competition. Most competition are teenagers who got told by a guru to start it.

Take it seriously and you should be successful with it.

I would go about finding clients the same way @Andy Black found his first clients for Google Ads. He has a couple videos on it somewhere in the forum.
Thank you!
Can you please tag those Andy videos you're referring to?
I am very serious about it. When I am into something I go hard and I do give it my best shot.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Check out the inbound/sales thread in my signature, @Sean Marshall 's Gold thread, and @Fox 's sales stuff.

Also, SMMA covers a lot of things. See if you can focus more on who you help and/or how you help them.

Have a look at offering video marketing, and/or also Google Ads.

Dr. G

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Aug 30, 2018

Check out the inbound/sales thread in my signature, @Sean Marshall 's Gold thread, and @Fox 's sales stuff.

Also, SMMA covers a lot of things. See if you can focus more on who you help and/or how you help them.

Have a look at offering video marketing, and/or also Google Ads.
Thank you!
I am at my slave job. The moment I leave, I will start digging into through threads.
I appreciate it guys

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Only way to get good is to put in the reps.

There is no magical golden niche that will take away actually putting in the hours.

You are sitting on the bench making up excuses.

Screenshot 2023-07-01 at 19.18.43.png
Screenshot 2023-07-01 at 19.19.08.png

Screenshot 2023-07-01 at 19.19.38.png

All of these guys have changed their niche and direction dozens of times.

Stop overthinking it and get in the game.

Dr. G

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Aug 30, 2018
Only way to get good is to put in the reps.

There is no magical golden niche that will take away actually putting in the hours.

You are sitting on the bench making up excuses.

View attachment 49811
View attachment 49812

View attachment 49813

All of these guys have changed their niche and direction dozens of times.

Stop overthinking it and get in the game.
No I am not sitting on the bench and making excuses. Extremely far from that actually. I have already launched my agency.

However, as someone who is new. I was just looking for feedback from people who have done it.

Me being here asking and wanting know and learn is far from sitting on the bench.

Thank you very much!

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Every "saturated" market is full of retards, so most "competitors" don't even count. The real question that you should be asking is if you're willing to put in the effort to compete with the big dogs in whatever field you are pursuing.

Dr. G

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Aug 30, 2018
Every "saturated" market is full of retards, so most "competitors" don't even count. The real question that you should be asking is if you're willing to put in the effort to compete with the big dogs in whatever field you are pursuing.
Very insightful question. Thank you!

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
No I am not sitting on the bench and making excuses. Extremely far from that actually. I have already launched my agency.

However, as someone who is new. I was just looking for feedback from people who have done it.

Me being here asking and wanting know and learn is far from sitting on the bench.

Thank you very much!
The moment I leave, I will start digging into through threads.

When are you leaving your job and why do you need to wait till then?

If you want to get good you have to get going.
It is saturated - but 95% of people have no idea what they are doing.

The only way to change that is to be making content asap.

Dr. G

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Aug 30, 2018
When are you leaving your job and why do you need to wait till then?

If you want to get good you have to get going.
It is saturated - but 95% of people have no idea what they are doing.

The only way to change that is to be making content asap.
I am at work at the moment, the moment I will leave for home and have more time in my hands.

I will start looking into the threads...

I will leave my job entirely when I can make enough money on the side to care of myself.

Xavier X

Gold Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Jan 1, 2016
These United States
@Dr. G How many ongoing clients do you currently have at your agency? As in, clients who pay you monthly. Not one-time services.

Four years ago, I advised my girlfriend of some months (now wife) to get into it, as a Social Media Manager. She took instant action by doing a quick course, to get a handle on the basics. She searched for and got her first client almost immediately. She was able to replace her full time job income in the medical field (not US income) in about 8 months from the day I told her about it. At that point, we decided it was best for her to quit.

The quality and recurring monthly charge for each client has increased since then. Now, she's at about 4x her old 9-5 income and hasn't even scaled it to the next level (which she's working on). She has 2-3 people who help with the grunt work load.

So yes, that field is saturated, but who cares? There is a real need for the service by businesses. Instead of second-guessing yourself with "is it saturated?" questions, focus on carving out your own quality piece of the pie. Make businesses look good online and get them clients, and they will happily pay you for it, forever.

Dr. G

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Aug 30, 2018
@Dr. G How many ongoing clients do you currently have at your agency? As in, clients who pay you monthly. Not one-time services.

Four years ago, I advised my girlfriend of some months (now wife) to get into it, as a Social Media Manager. She took instant action by doing a quick course, to get a handle on the basics. She searched for and got her first client almost immediately. She was able to replace her full time job income in the medical field (not US income) in about 8 months from the day I told her about it. At that point, we decided it was best for her to quit.

The quality and recurring monthly charge for each client has increased since then. Now, she's at about 4x her old 9-5 income and hasn't even scaled it to the next level (which she's working on). She has 2-3 people who help with the grunt work load.

So yes, that field is saturated, but who cares? There is a real need for the service by businesses. Instead of second-guessing yourself with "is it saturated?" questions, focus on carving out your own quality piece of the pie. Make businesses look good online and get them clients, and they will happily pay you for it, forever.
Thank you so much!
Wow very inspiring

I literally just started 1 week ago. The agency is fairly new to the point I am still waiting on Google so we can start appearing online.

I don't have any clients yet. I just finished taking care of everything in the back end (website, email, staff, blog ect).

I need to write some copy for email and IG outreach. My goal is to be done with that this upcoming week, then I will start reaching out to prospects. I might even start a process thread on here.

I feel like I wasted so much of my potential at this job. I am finally taking back my time and putting myself first. I promise to keep being consistent and move forward and see this project to fruition.

Thank you again!

MRiabov

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
May 30, 2023
Bro there is literally an unlimited amount of problems that can be solved.

Solve them, honor the CENTS and you will be golden.

Edit: what I mean is - you can create ways in which the market has not been touched never before. Inventions, patents - the true juice of entrepreneurship. You can be an inventor the "I invent things" one - and be one! This one! For when you can blaze new ways in the world, you will leave a footprint of a giant that will be remembered for centuries, perhaps.

That said, it is a choice. All I say is - chances are the SMMA doesn't meet the E of CENTS, and maybe you should be aware of it. Anyway, good luck!

Remember about providing value.

Last edited:

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
I am not worried about not being able to get the job done properly
I am fairly new.

So no one seems to be calling attention to this. I can't tell if you aren't worried because of confidence or ignorance. Are you taking people's money or are you providing actual value?

I would like to know if this is a good business? Is it over saturated?

The above mentioned attitude seems to be why so many people feel burned by SMMA's and why so few agencies or even solo people are capable of actually getting results.

Because of this, your competition is terribly poor. So if you can actually help client's grow their bottom line, people will refer the crap out of you.

If you are good, then client acquisition is the thing you won't be worried about, and getting the results will be the thing that matters.

I literally just started 1 week ago. The agency is fairly new to the point I am still waiting on Google so we can start appearing online.

You traveled extremely far in one week? Ok...

I don't have any clients yet. I just finished taking care of everything in the back end (website, email, staff, blog ect).

I need to write some copy for email and IG outreach. My goal is to be done with that this upcoming week, then I will start reaching out to prospects.

I suppose its good for an SMMA to be able to get clients via SMMA, but if I were you, I would start talking to people you know to get your first client or three. Being a real person will set you apart from other SMMAs. Hope that helps.

Dr. G

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Aug 30, 2018
So no one seems to be calling attention to this. I can't tell if you aren't worried because of confidence or ignorance. Are you taking people's money or are you providing actual value?

The above mentioned attitude seems to be why so many people feel burned by SMMA's and why so few agencies or even solo people are capable of actually getting results.

Because of this, your competition is terribly poor. So if you can actually help client's grow their bottom line, people will refer the crap out of you.

If you are good, then client acquisition is the thing you won't be worried about, and getting the results will be the thing that matters.

You traveled extremely far in one week? Ok...

I suppose its good for an SMMA to be able to get clients via SMMA, but if I were you, I would start talking to people you know to get your first client or three. Being a real person will set you apart from other SMMAs. Hope that helps.
Cool thanks

Dr. G

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Aug 30, 2018
Bro there is literally an unlimited amount of problems that can be solved.

Solve them, honor the CENTS and you will be golden.

Edit: what I mean is - you can create ways in which the market has not been touched never before. Inventions, parents - the true juice of entrepreneurship. You can be an inventor the "I invent things" one - and be one! This one! For when you can blaze new ways in the world, you will leave a footprint of a giant that will be remembered for centuries, perhaps.

That said, it is a choice. All I say is - chances are the SMMA doesn't meet the E of CENTS, and maybe you should be aware of it. Anyway, good luck!

Remember about providing value.
Thanks!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!