The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Online Education Business vs Social Media Marketing Agency

Idea threads

business224

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 26, 2016
Hey All,

My Current 6 Figure Business-
I have been in the Real Estate business 8 years and I have found some success ( 6 figures, Not 7 Figures). However, I have grown to really dislike the hamster wheel of chasing the next deal. When I started I was a beast and super hungry for success, but as I found success I realized I really disliked the process of doing the actual service ( Listing homes, Showing homes, dealing with unreasonable people ect) Some clients take months to buy while others may only take weeks. Some choose to not buy or sell at all after you have invested months into them. This leads to a ton of time wasting. There is nothing worse than wasted time. I think the business is a excellent way to get to 6 figures but I can not see it taking me to my big long term goals.

After some years I decided to build a team and pass off all the fulfillment to the Agents on my team and take a split. We now have 9 agents. This is much better but it is not the total answer because recruiting quality agents is long draw out process and expenses/ paying agents really takes a large chunk of the margin. Not to mention when things go wrong in the files I usually get pulled back in to fix them due to my experience level.

Not all businesses are equal ( 2k per month online ) -
Next I dove into the world of affiliate marketing. With some time I learned email marketing, content marketing, landing pages and funnels. Next I am looking to get myself the skill of running paid ads. The best part is this makes over 2k per month and it works all day and night. I get affiliate commissions at all different hours of the day. No time wasting and I am building something truly discounted from my time and it feels good!

However, being a student of the Fastlane book series I do realize I lack the element of control with affiliates and I need to build a product of my own so I can keep control and build asset value.

What is next?-
I am a big action taker with age I realize that not all business are created equal and pouring my time and effort into the wrong model will not get me to my goals. In fact it will just burn more time. I am already 31! Time FLYS

The two big opportunities I am looking at are Social media marketing agency vs Education business.

Education Business-
I like this idea because I feel there is a major need in the market for the education I could offer. I also love that it is something that can exist detached from your time once you have funnels and conversions happening. Another pro is the high profit margins and the lack of staff to manage. I also like the high cashflow potential and scalability.

I do not like this idea because courses are a 50/50 game and if the students do not do the work they will fail. I want to deliver a good product but I know not all will do the work. Also, courses have a very bad reputation.

Social media marketing-

I like this business because there is a big need for high quality marketing. I also like it because I have real skill and passion to fulfil the actual service. I also like the reoccurring revenue factor. Charging someone $1,500 a month and getting paid as long as you retain the client is a nice model. I can see it producing a more predicable income.

However, I do not like that this is another service business and although my time can be detached somewhat with a team of contractors It still takes time to manage them and ensure all clients are happy making this model much harder to scale.

I would love to hear different perspectives. Where would you invest your time next?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
because recruiting quality agents is long draw out process and expenses/ paying agents really takes a large chunk of the margin.

Solve this problem and you'll be rich

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I do not like this idea because courses are a 50/50 game and if the students do not do the work they will fail.
That's the same for students the world over. If your course is good and someone buys it and doesn't put in the work then isn't that on them, not you?

I have a course membership. People can buy it and do the work or not. Some people get results. Some don't. They're all adults and I'm not chasing them up to do the work in the course they bought. That's their choice.

Also, courses have a very bad reputation.
Isn't it better to teach a man to fish than give him a fish?

Do schools, colleges, educational books and educarional YouTube channels have a bad reputation too?

Are you letting other people's opinions prevent you helping people who would be willing to pay for that help? Are you doing people a disservice by not creating a course?

However, I do not like that this is another service business and although my time can be detached somewhat with a team of contractors
"Overthinking is the art of solving problems you don't have."

Start and see how it goes?

If one of your constraints is you don't want to manage a large team then do it in such a way you don't build a large team you have to manage?

Oh, and if you're making sales via affiliate marketing then how would you scale and also remove the control worries you have?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.