The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is fight or flight holding you back? Are you feeling survival mode stress?

Anything related to matters of the mind

RayAndré

Win From Within
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Oct 7, 2017
Tampa, FL
I'm pivoting from the previous SaaS I was building to helping people get their bodies out of Fight or Flight, Survival Mode, Sympathetic Dominance, etc, to a place where we can effectively execute on our goals with clarity and confidence.

My past 5+ years after joining TFF has been quite the journey. I've learned SO much, and not just about business.
Yes my income and lifestyle have increased in several ways, but just like any journey...the best part of it all is who I've become as a result of going through it.

As a software engineer...I'm trained to find root causes of things. And man, I HAD to find the root cause of my self sabotage, anxiety, depression, numbness, lack of motivation, fear, etc, etc...the list goes on.

Things I've discovered and figured out on this journey have blown my mind. There are things I never would have discovered unless I was trying to solve my own problems. And in doing so, I can see the things most of us are dealing with at a different level.

Being solution-minded, of course I've built up a toolkit to get past and release the issues that make me hold myself back. And one by one, I've been peeling the onion, pulling back the layers of my resistance to growth.

I've undone the doings that caused my negative mindset.

Its different. Its wild. Its very very unique and probably not for everybody. But its based in biology, physics, and "science" (whatever you want that to mean). And yes, it takes time. At the end of the day...only YOU can do the work.

If you think your body is in fight or flight and its holding you back. Or you feel you're in survival mode and have struggled to make progress, I'd love to talk with you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mikeyyy

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Sep 17, 2022
For the past two weeks now I've been stressed and burnout. It's caused me to lose a lot of sleep which had made things worse. I don't know what it is. I'm guessing its job or and how its interfering with my pursuit of entrepreneurship. I've got long hours 10+ and I have a 6am wake up. With that being said I also do boxing as a hobby which I love. which runs from 8-10pm so some nights I'm only getting 5-6 hours of sleep. I also have been studying entrepreneurship and currently learning a new skill that I hope I can freelance with and start a business with but at times I feel like I'm not making any progress and it worthless effort. It's been causing me a lot of burnout. I've also been slowly cutting off all the people around me who don't support my goals. Though the isolation is getting very difficult to deal with. I'm glad you made this thread and I'm glad there's someone who feels the same way I do.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I think it comes with controlling your thoughts and focus. Realizing everything falls into place at the right time and place, with the right people. i don't worry too much. If you taking action not really much more you can do. Maybe where you realize there's always opposition and just how you perceive events, conversations, and making smart choices. I see life as a hockey game most of the time. You have your team players on both sides, may switch players like the draft, and move in an out, side to side, up, or down, but naturally the hockey player just hones the skills, stays focused on the puck, and reaches for the goal.

You always have the naysayers, the negative critics, and it's constantly training, practicing, applying, and mastering the skills as you go along. Also adapting, adjusting, problem shooting, and sometimes changing things up at times. I don't find any use in worrying about the outcome, the uncertainty, but just stay calm and problem shoot as i go along.

As I have new people walking in now to move things in a different direction. it's hard getting used to new people, but technically, it's just raising the bar, taking you to the next level. I suppose it's just learning how to take care of your emotions, thoughts, and feelings, and overcoming all your fears. It's different for everyone. A tool box consist of what works for you. People are always going to be coming and going. More like a revolving door a a business.

Getting stressed about things just makes it more difficult. All this itself takes mastering over time.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Jis3x0C8xQ
View: https://youtu.be/3Ci2B5qa37c

Last edited:

Mikeyyy

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Sep 17, 2022
I think it comes with controlling your thoughts and focus. Realizing everything falls into place at the right time and place, with the right people. i don't worry too much. If you taking action not really much more you can do. Maybe where you realize there's always opposition and just how you perceive events, conversations, and making smart choices. I see life as a hockey game most of the time. You have your team players on both sides, may switch players like the draft, and move in an out, side to side, up, or down, but naturally the hockey player just hones the skills, stays focused on the puck, and reaches for the goal.

You always have the naysayers, the negative critics, and it's constantly training, practicing, applying, and mastering the skills as you go along. Also adapting, adjusting, problem shooting, and sometimes changing things up at times. I don't find any use in worrying about the outcome, the uncertainty, but just stay calm and problem shoot as i go along.

As I have new people walking in now to move things in a different direction. it's hard getting used to new people, but technically, it's just raising the bar, taking you to the next level. I suppose it's just learning how to take care of your emotions, thoughts, and feelings, and overcoming all your fears. It's different for everyone. A tool box consist of what works for you. People are always going to be coming and going. More like a revolving door a a business.

Getting stressed about things just makes it more difficult. All this itself takes mastering over time.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Jis3x0C8xQ
View: https://youtu.be/3Ci2B5qa37c
Thanks. Made me look at it from a different perspective.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RayAndré

Win From Within
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Oct 7, 2017
Tampa, FL
For the past two weeks now I've been stressed and burnout. It's caused me to lose a lot of sleep which had made things worse. I don't know what it is. I'm guessing its job or and how its interfering with my pursuit of entrepreneurship. I've got long hours 10+ and I have a 6am wake up. With that being said I also do boxing as a hobby which I love. which runs from 8-10pm so some nights I'm only getting 5-6 hours of sleep. I also have been studying entrepreneurship and currently learning a new skill that I hope I can freelance with and start a business with but at times I feel like I'm not making any progress and it worthless effort. It's been causing me a lot of burnout. I've also been slowly cutting off all the people around me who don't support my goals. Though the isolation is getting very difficult to deal with. I'm glad you made this thread and I'm glad there's someone who feels the same way I do.

Hey I hear you for suuuuure.

Stress and burnout is common. Also, "I don't know what "it" is" is common. And yea "it" definitely interferes with the pursuits in our lives.

When you get down to it, "it" usually comes down to some kind of emotional and mental blocks that we're carrying, and likely have been carrying for years.

When looked at from a biological perspective...these are things we "pushed down" years and years ago...and have kept them down.

Because we have kept them down...they're still there and are affecting us every day. Especially when we strive for more.

Mikeyyy

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Sep 17, 2022
Hey I hear you for suuuuure.

Stress and burnout is common. Also, "I don't know what "it" is" is common. And yea "it" definitely interferes with the pursuits in our lives.

When you get down to it, "it" usually comes down to some kind of emotional and mental blocks that we're carrying, and likely have been carrying for years.

When looked at from a biological perspective...these are things we "pushed down" years and years ago...and have kept them down.

Because we have kept them down...they're still there and are affecting us every day. Especially when we strive for more
Yea. I starting to learn this I need to start controlling and focusing my emotions. and thoughts. like @Mattie said. I've been taking action to do so. writing down my worries and what's bothering me daily. And giving myself time to just think about what been stressing me out and causing burnout. It's been really helping a lot. I meditate and write down my fears and worries. After I feel really good.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.