The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is CENTS Destructive to Action?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I've always wondered ever since listening to the Millionaire Fastlane on Audiobook on how to go about that. Now it makes perfect sense! Thanks MJ! I'd completely downplayed it to the point I just threw my hands up, and threw in the towel.

Yea, I guess I should have done a better job at explaining the process for someone new to entrepreneurship. As such, I could see how CENTS can be daunting.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Two Dog

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Feb 15, 2022
I'm really struggling to get started because every idea I come up with, after doing research to understand the opportunity I realise that the opportunity isn't big enough. Either it's already been done, or I'm struggling to see how I can do things better than what people are currently doing them.
The saddest part about all the comments along these lines is the people posting don't even realize the CENTS limitation is THEM, not the IDEA. I've no doubt that any number of people on these forums could reframe any "stupid" idea imaginable into a viable candidate for Fastlane.

Sugar water? Coca Cola. $41B annual revenue.
Coffee? Starbucks. $32B annual revenue.
Hamburgers? McDonald's. $24B annual revenue.

Three companies sell $100B worth of the same products available at every dumpy diner in the country.

The only way to learn how to build a CENTS business is by building many non-CENTS businesses. It's a learned skill.

DavidePaco00

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jul 27, 2022
Over the years I've read thousands of introductions here.

A common thread I'm seeing follows the following format:

A) I have 3 ideas, X,Y, and Z.
B) None of them meet CENTS.
C) X is missing entry, Y is missing scale, and Z is missing a mix of both.
D) I don't know what to do.

The end result is the person does NOTHING.

The problem with this mentality is that it causes you not to engage the market.

And market engagement (CENTS OR NOT!) is what causes you to personally grow, gain skills, and even uncover newer or better opportunities.

Just because something isn't initially CENTS, doesn't mean you should ignore it. CENTS can come into play after years of engagement, not in your first week.

Also, if you're just looking to scrub up some WINS and some small cash profits, CENTS is probably the last thing you should be looking at --- but just NEED.

Folks, don't complicate this. CENTS exists as a guiding framework for entrepreneurs who are looking to do things bigger than they've ever done. But if you've never done DONE before, I wouldn't let it stop you from starting.

Do something. Anything. Small wins, small profits. Take swings at the plate, learn how to make contact. Once you're ready to go into the deep end of the water, CENTS can be insurance policy that your effort pays life-changing wealth VS bill-paying profits.

TLDR; Don't let CENTS stop you from striking out into the world and grabbing your first small win.
Thank You! I was wondering exactly this when I began ro read Your work !

When somebody starts it's easy to get trappd into analysis paralisis. As soon as You start studying the skills such as copywriting, marketing, and or coding You realize that they are not as difficult af they seems to be.
I think that the most important skill anyone can have is knowing how to learn, ad to not let information overload let you down. Once You start learning and testing new skills, the snowball effects takes place.

Cheers

Davide

swiftmark

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jan 22, 2011

And market engagement (CENTS OR NOT!) is what causes you to personally grow, gain skills, and even uncover newer or better opportunities.

Just because something isn't initially CENTS, doesn't mean you should ignore it. CENTS can come into play after years of engagement, not in your first week.

Also, if you're just looking to scrub up some WINS and some small cash profits, CENTS is probably the last thing you should be looking at --- but just NEED.

Folks, don't complicate this. CENTS exists as a guiding framework for entrepreneurs who are looking to do things bigger than they've ever done. But if you've never done DONE before, I wouldn't let it stop you from starting.

Do something. Anything. Small wins, small profits. Take swings at the plate, learn how to make contact. Once you're ready to go into the deep end of the water, CENTS can be insurance policy that your effort pays life-changing wealth VS bill-paying profits.

TLDR; Don't let CENTS stop you from striking out into the world and grabbing your first small win.
Exactly answered my question. Thank you MJ.

dafangcoach

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Oct 23, 2022
Taiwan

Thanks MJ,

for pointing out my mental masturbation.

adl75

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Oct 13, 2022
My weighting...

NEED and Scale most important. If you make billions working your a$$ off, you just bought time. Control is a risk factor, you can violate control for years and get away with it. Entry is a competitive measure that impacts need and scale.

10% CONTROL
15% ENTRY
40% NEED
10% TIME
25% SCALE
Big!!!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Bump for those that haven't made a sale yet.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.