The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Instagram Marketing ($100K+ profit, 4M followers)

Social media marketing, advertising, and growth

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013
I'm not worried about the initial couple of weeks of a new account.

I set mine up like 4 days ago. I am only doing 20-40 likes a day ( im bumping up the variables every day at the EOD ) so it looks more natural. Being a programmer who built similar tools like this for other platforms, I know some of them have tipping points for new accounts. I'm not worried or concerned if it takes me longer.

With that said, 4 days old and 20-40 likes a day.. I'm at 10 followers.

My niche is very small and focused though for this 1 account. Grand total of 90 likes and 10 followers, Im doing better than 10% on that ratio. I'm sure it would be more if I did follows.

I'm only concerned with keeping low profile until the 4 week mark and busting out new accounts every week in bigger niches on autopilot.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

johnp

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Aug 29, 2011
Philly
I have been hearing a lot about Instagram so I decided to test this out.

I came up with an idea, put an e-commerce store together, and then passed the Instagram account over to my wife haha.

In about a week we are up to 373 followers and we are getting about 30-40 extra hits to the website per week. And we haven't really been pushing this too hard.

Now I'm going to be sending some traffic to some subscription based apps that I created.

It's interesting to see this working. Thanks for sharing.

JimD

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
309%
May 25, 2011
Florida
So I must be doing something wrong then.

When I target my likes should I go broad like [HASHTAG]#business[/HASHTAG] or narrow like [HASHTAG]#sellingonebay[/HASHTAG]?

I will take closer look at some of the best pages in my niche and make some adjustments.

I like to target a big page's followers within my niche instead of hashtags.

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013
I have been hearing a lot about Instagram so I decided to test this out.

I came up with an idea, put an e-commerce store together, and then passed the Instagram account over to my wife haha.

In about a week we are up to 373 followers and we are getting about 30-40 extra hits to the website per week. And we haven't really been pushing this too hard.

Now I'm going to be sending some traffic to some subscription based apps that I created.

It's interesting to see this working. Thanks for sharing.

Essentially what I am looking to do as well pretty much

KennyJA

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
May 7, 2015
Would you recommend building your own bot as you did or is followliker sufficient for practically the rest of my life?

Last edited:

johnp

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Aug 29, 2011
Philly
I like to target a big page's followers within my niche instead of hashtags.

Wow, this does make a difference. We just switched our bot from hashtags to big pages and hourly follower rate just went up about 7X.

JimD

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
309%
May 25, 2011
Florida
How would you go about doing this on Follow Liker? My guess is by the "scrape user" settings?

I don't have FL... I would try and send an email to them.

Crissco

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 3, 2015
New York
I don't have FL... I would try and send an email to them.
Ok cool, just making sure...For targeting, you target the followers that are following this big pages within the niche? Thats an amazing idea, since people are like "sheep" and flock, next person they flock to you..Is you

Erin

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Sep 28, 2015
Assume I know nothing about IG and Snapchat marketing.

Where do I start learning to do what you do ?

JimD

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
309%
May 25, 2011
Florida
Assume I know nothing about IG and Snapchat marketing.

Where do I start learning to do what you do ?

Read all my previous posts in this thread, I recommended an ebook I read a while back.

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013
NVM, I just seen the option in scrape users

KennyJA

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
May 7, 2015
10 followers in 12 hours. Painfully below the average you put earlier in this thread. Tweaking a few things I post and adjusting settings like I'm supposed to.

If I see no improvement could you offer a few tips to me if I give you a PM to my IG page?

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013
10 followers in 12 hours. Painfully below the average you put earlier in this thread. Tweaking a few things I post and adjusting settings like I'm supposed to.

If I see no improvement could you offer a few tips to me if I give you a PM to my IG page?

I'm in my 5th day ( today ) with a new account and I have 20 followers. However, I am WAY under the recommended settings on purpose.

From what I can tell, you just started with a fresh account ( if I'm wrong, my bad ). You are not going to gain 500-1k followers a day on an account that is barely a day or 2 old and prob has less than 100 pics posted to it.

Think of this as a long-term asset, not a 5 day get rich quick scheme.

You're using a bot to automate this while you spend time building up your business. Be happy with anything you get from it. Don't f5 the stats every 12 hours and wonder why you are behind on a new account. People love crowds, you are not a crowd yet with a new account....

G

Guest12120

@eliquid you're probably right. I will set everything up and leave it running for two weeks when I'll be out of town and then we'll see what happens.

I will get a lot of pictures ready for when I'm gone, set them up to be shared every few hours, scrape thousand of user names of followers of some popular profiles and like up to 2000 pictures a day posted by them.

I now get 10-15 followers a day on my accounts.

business_man

In Love With Marketing
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Nov 25, 2014
How do you get content? I assume you have to have constant flow of pictures etc. Do you buy them or do you make them yourself?

KennyJA

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
May 7, 2015
I'm in my 5th day ( today ) with a new account and I have 20 followers. However, I am WAY under the recommended settings on purpose.

From what I can tell, you just started with a fresh account ( if I'm wrong, my bad ). You are not going to gain 500-1k followers a day on an account that is barely a day or 2 old and prob has less than 100 pics posted to it.

Think of this as a long-term asset, not a 5 day get rich quick scheme.

You're using a bot to automate this while you spend time building up your business. Be happy with anything you get from it. Don't f5 the stats every 12 hours and wonder why you are behind on a new account. People love crowds, you are not a crowd yet with a new account....

Hello,

The thing is one other commenter here posted saying he passed 5,000 followers in 5 weeks. Now it's not unfair to look at theirs then look at mine and ask "what are they doing differently" so I can do the same. I understand being patient, but what I'm really trying to do is eliminate any common mistakes I'm making on IG. I feel that I'm being held back somewhere, that's all.

What I got from this thread was automation guarantees large followings quickly. If I'm wrong then it's good to know that early on...

How do you get content? I assume you have to have constant flow of pictures etc. Do you buy them or do you make them yourself?

If OP wouldn't mind me answering in his place, he said Cheezburger.com but you should also look into programs that download pictures to your computer. For example you can use a program of your choice to download from the website I just typed in.

business_man

In Love With Marketing
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Nov 25, 2014
Hello,
If OP wouldn't mind me answering in his place, he said Cheezburger.com but you should also look into programs that download pictures to your computer. For example you can use a program of your choice to download from the website I just typed in.

So basically what you mean is you can have pretty decent content with borrowed pictures? No need of hustle to catch so many pics yourself? I wonder if you have 50+ accounts, even 1-2 pictures a day would be quite a lot to capture :)

johnp

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Aug 29, 2011
Philly
Has anybody tried Instagress? That's what we have been using with decent results. There is even an option to target accounts rather than tags. Is follow liker any better?

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Has anybody tried Instagress? That's what we have been using with decent results. There is even an option to target accounts rather than tags. Is follow liker any better?
I've been using Instagress for some time. A few days ago I switched over to liking photos of followers of certain accounts. Seems like there are more following back vs liking photos with certain tags. It will like 5 photos of each account.

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013
Hello,

The thing is one other commenter here posted saying he passed 5,000 followers in 5 weeks. Now it's not unfair to look at theirs then look at mine and ask "what are they doing differently" so I can do the same. I understand being patient, but what I'm really trying to do is eliminate any common mistakes I'm making on IG. I feel that I'm being held back somewhere, that's all.

The problem is, I think your account is only 2-3 days old right? Not 5 weeks.

If true, you assume he maybe got the same amount of followers per day over 5 weeks to hit 5,000. That would be 5,000 followers divided by 35 days which is 142 followers a day.

However, what if it is more like a snowball rolling down a hill?

Where the first week maybe he only had 142 TOTAL followers, the second week 500 followers, the third week 1,200, the fourth week 2,500 and the fifth week 5,000.

When you look at it like that, your account might be on the right track already and working perfectly fine.

KennyJA

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
May 7, 2015
The problem is, I think your account is only 2-3 days old right? Not 5 weeks.

If true, you assume he maybe got the same amount of followers per day over 5 weeks to hit 5,000. That would be 5,000 followers divided by 35 days which is 142 followers a day.

However, what if it is more like a snowball rolling down a hill?

Where the first week maybe he only had 142 TOTAL followers, the second week 500 followers, the third week 1,200, the fourth week 2,500 and the fifth week 5,000.

When you look at it like that, your account might be on the right track already and working perfectly fine.

Hello,

My IG is 3 days old yes. You make a lot of sense and appreciate the other viewpoint. I sometimes forget that everyone comes to the same conclusion differently. Furthermore, I solved my follower problem. Quite simple...follow for them to follow back. Genius right (sarcasm)? I am now at 50 followers with 213 following.

I figure OP's settings weren't for me since they did jack shit for my IG. I'm very glad I learned this immediately.

Anyway I plan to take it down a notch. Advice says that a "real" IG that won't get banned needs to age properly. All I wanted to know was where the "fast" button was. Now I do.

So basically what you mean is you can have pretty decent content with borrowed pictures? No need of hustle to catch so many pics yourself? I wonder if you have 50+ accounts, even 1-2 pictures a day would be quite a lot to capture :)

Yes. That's basically how you do it with bots. Can you think up 50+ different niches though? I plan to do more, but I came in clueless so I'm practicing on one before upgrading for unlimited accounts.

Actually, I legitimately plan on using IG to advertise another product of mine. I've heard of IG success in marketing but could not figure out how these people attained 50k followers in 6 months. Thanks to OP now I do.

@JimD I've noticed sometimes accounts change owners and content. Have you ever bought or sold and account AND seen lost followers jeopardize it? If I made it to 50k and changed content, would this be a very dangerous thing to do?

Last edited:

JordanS

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Aug 8, 2014
I've noticed sometimes accounts change owners and content. Have you ever bought or sold and account AND seen lost followers jeopardize it? If I made it to 50k and changed content, would this be a very dangerous thing to do?

Changing owners doesn't hurt the account, but big niche changes usually does kill the account.

You can get away with a content change if it is in a similar niche, but it will still take a bit of a hit.

Phillipbro

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Jan 10, 2013
Ontario
Guys, IG requires tons and tons of patience don't expect to gain 100k followers in a month. It takes months to years to create big accounts. Its especially a 100x more harder now that IG has started taking these botters seriously and pulling out the ban hammer. All your hard work can be gone in a matter of seconds. So create multiple accounts.

I'm also hopping into the twitter game now and soon snapchat.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.