The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Instagram Marketing ($100K+ profit, 4M followers)

Social media marketing, advertising, and growth
G

Guest12120

I've decided to give it a go as well. Set up Follow Liker yesterday, posted a lot of photos and right now I have 15 followers and 67 posts. I have prepared images to be posted and Follow Liker posts up to 10 a day. I liked 1135 photos so far.

Luffy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Dec 20, 2014
I've decided to give it a go as well. Set up Follow Liker yesterday, posted a lot of photos and right now I have 15 followers and 67 posts. I have prepared images to be posted and Follow Liker posts up to 10 a day. I liked 1135 photos so far.
I've made my account 3-4 days ago and so far I only have 7 followers. I've been managing the account manually so I will download followliker today. I hope it makes a difference.

KennyJA

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
May 7, 2015
Hello @JimD

I've noticed people selling instagram accounts, would you recommend that as a good source of income or would you keep doing marketing for affiliates?

Anyway, 40+ accounts of niches ... How do you do it? Where do you find all this content? I'm assuming to need to keep posting photos to stay relevant, right.

Lastly, do you know of a good e-book about instagram marketing? Reading online is a bit sloppy and leaves holes in my knowledge of it.

Thanks for your AMA!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
Hello @JimD

I've noticed people selling instagram accounts, would you recommend that as a good source of income or would you keep doing marketing for affiliates?

Anyway, 40+ accounts of niches ... How do you do it? Where do you find all this content? I'm assuming to need to keep posting photos to stay relevant, right.

Lastly, do you know of a good e-book about instagram marketing? Reading online is a bit sloppy and leaves holes in my knowledge of it.

Thanks for your AMA!

Just jump in, trial and error, nothing to loose, learn as you go.

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
Jim, I have an account with 30k followers, at what point would you deem appropriate to start monetising?

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain

I'd like some info on automating posting pics. I read some time back that any images posted with software outside of of IG's own app will have any [HASHTAG]#tags[/HASHTAG] ignored. Now I have experimented with images both with and without tags and found that hash tags are hugely important for engagement especially in the early stages when you don't have a lot of followers.

@Phillipbro I still have not come across any info regarding IG blocking/banning accounts using follow/unfollow tactics.

Luffy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Dec 20, 2014
Jim, I have an account with 30k followers, at what point would you deem appropriate to start monetising?
The ebook he linked said when you get to 50-100k. That's when you sell shoutouts

JimD

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
309%
May 25, 2011
Florida
Hello @JimD

Thanks for your AMA!

Yeah it can be, but the problem I see is finding buyers that have enough capital and being able to grow accounts at such a rapid pace to make it worth while. Recently I've **heard** that @luxquotes was bought for 40k and another 1million follower account was bought for 20k. So there is money to be made but unless you are able to grow such accounts at a rapid pace I would personally stick to what I'm doing, I can make more money in the long run with the account.

But I have come across/watched this udemy course with a clever method: https://www.udemy.com/learn-how-i-got-14-million-instagram-followers-in-48-hours/

Having a bot helps, and check my post #13 in this thread with the cheezburger reference..

Check post #55 in this thread, I recommended an ebook I read a while back.

Depends on your niche and engagement. But 30k can be good enough..!

The ebook he linked said when you get to 50-100k. That's when you sell shoutouts

Usually the correct amount of followers to demand a paid shoutout, but I know a person at the 20-30k following making over $100/day selling shoutouts, though he does work(contacts companies/people in his niche daily). So anything is possible. Take action and learn along the way.

Last edited:

KennyJA

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
May 7, 2015
Yeah it can be, but the problem I see is finding buyers that have enough capital and being able to grow accounts at such a rapid pace to make it worth while. Recently I've **heard** that @luxquotes was bought for 40k and another 1million follower account was bought for 20k. So there is money to be made but unless you are able to grow such accounts at a rapid pace I would personally stick to what I'm doing, I can make more money in the long run with the account.

But I have come across/watched this udemy course with a clever method: https://www.udemy.com/learn-how-i-got-14-million-instagram-followers-in-48-hours/

Having a bot helps, and check my post #13 in this thread with the cheezburger reference..

Thanks for your response. I'm thinking about hitting the ground running, buying a bot and setting this up.

One more concern, what are some mistakes I must absolutely avoid? Like a top three?

You've mentioned you've lost some pretty big accounts already.

Just jump in, trial and error, nothing to loose, learn as you go.

Oh I intend to! I'm just about the most clueless person here though, and I see for fast success (bots) money is required...when isn't it, right.

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas

Depends on your niche and engagement. But 30k can be good enough..!

Usually the correct amount of followers to demand a paid shoutout, but I know a person at the 20-30k following making over $100/day selling shoutouts, though he does work(contacts companies/people in his niche daily). So anything is possible. Take action and learn along the way.
Actually, I messed up my previous post. I meant to ask, has anyone taken the Udemy course? Is it a good investment?

JimD

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
309%
May 25, 2011
Florida
Thanks for your response. I'm thinking about hitting the ground running, buying a bot and setting this up.

One more concern, what are some mistakes I must absolutely avoid? Like a top three?

You've mentioned you've lost some pretty big accounts already.

Please read all my previous posts in this thread as I've answered a lot of the questions you've asked already.

KennyJA

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
May 7, 2015
Please read all my previous posts in this thread as I've answered a lot of the questions you've asked already.
Oops, I saw it. I seriously can't believe someone asked the same question. The same. Thing.

Would you say some niches on instagram are more profitable? Such as a shoutout or selling an account? If so which would you say are the best?

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Oops, I saw it. I seriously can't believe someone asked the same question. The same. Thing.

Would you say some niches on instagram are more profitable? Such as a shoutout or selling an account? If so which would you say are the best?
He's also answered this before. Be sure read the entire thread before asking questions.

KennyJA

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
May 7, 2015
He's also answered this before. Be sure read the entire thread before asking questions.

I assume it's this one then (I saw it but didn't think it was it)

The easiest niches to grow are humor, quotes, and anything related to girl demographics.

If these are the most popular, I guess popularity = worth. Wow, it's still so hard to believe you can actually make money growing a comedy IG account, and then maybe sell that for a certain amount of money. It' happened to me many times where the person I followed disappeared and was replaced.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain

Thanks. Great advice. Would you say he is able to monetise his account with only 20-30k followers due to his niche or just from hustling well?

Luffy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Dec 20, 2014
I've had the same problem, what's up with that? And great, now he raised the price for the course. Not sure if I even want to pay for it now.

Edit: The price is the same when I log in though.

JimD

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
309%
May 25, 2011
Florida
Thanks. Great advice. Would you say he is able to monetise his account with only 20-30k followers due to his niche or just from hustling well?

Both

Yeah I'm not sure what that's all about, I was able to join the course with a coupon when it was first released. Maybe try to message the course creator.

Nevertheless the course is not "needed".

Last edited:

Crissco

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 3, 2015
New York
Great thread! I am going to get follow liker today to test everything out. A couple of questions:

1. After how many followers did you start to see results?

2. Do you use the hashtag method where in the hashtags it says [HASHTAG]#seethelink[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#onmyprofile[/HASHTAG] -- I read about that and seems like its worth a shot

Signed up for peerfly, seems I need to be approved, they emailed me wanting more information?

For people are looking FL, I found this online

http://imristo.com/the-ultimate-followliker-instagram-tutorial/

JimD

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
309%
May 25, 2011
Florida
Great thread! I am going to get follow liker today to test everything out. A couple of questions:

1. After how many followers did you start to see results?

2. Do you use the hashtag method where in the hashtags it says [HASHTAG]#seethelink[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#onmyprofile[/HASHTAG] -- I read about that and seems like its worth a shot

Signed up for peerfly, seems I need to be approved, they emailed me wanting more information?

For people are looking FL, I found this online

http://imristo.com/the-ultimate-followliker-instagram-tutorial/

1. I wouldn't say it's necessarily followers, my benchmark is likes/engagement. So when my uploads are getting around 500-1k likes consistently and within a 24 hour period then I'll most likely start monetizing that account.

2. I don't use hashtags very often, only on small acccounts in the very beginning.

And yes, most CPA networks have a screening process.

What does that mean for us?

More opportunities.

Luffy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Dec 20, 2014

JimD

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
309%
May 25, 2011
Florida
Thank you for posting this. I'm curious to know what your mindset would be when setting up an artist page? I'm currently running instagress which definitely working.
thanks

Artist page? Please be a bit more specific.

G

Guest12120

So I've set up Follow Liker. I created three new accounts and used my older account with only 30 followers. I used the recommended settings and posted some cool relevant pictures. I see that all the accounts like hundreds of posts and I'm getting some of my posts liked, but I'm not getting nearly as many followers as it was mentioned above. I set up two new accounts last night and they have only 4-6 followers. Does it take time for the account to "warm up" or am I doing something wrong?
The third new account has a little bit more followers as I tested some of the iPhone apps like Get Followers. I got maybe 80 new followers in less than an hour but wasn't sure what kind of followers I was getting so I stopped doing it.

JimD

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
309%
May 25, 2011
Florida
So I've set up Follow Liker. I created three new accounts and used my older account with only 30 followers. I used the recommended settings and posted some cool relevant pictures. I see that all the accounts like hundreds of posts and I'm getting some of my posts liked, but I'm not getting nearly as many followers as it was mentioned above. I set up two new accounts last night and they have only 4-6 followers. Does it take time for the account to "warm up" or am I doing something wrong?
The third new account has a little bit more followers as I tested some of the iPhone apps like Get Followers. I got maybe 80 new followers in less than an hour but wasn't sure what kind of followers I was getting so I stopped doing it.

Many variables come into play, your niche, how your targeting your likes, how good your page is etc. the average for new or low accounts can be from 50-500 new followers a day depending on those variables.

G

Guest12120

Many variables come into play, your niche, how your targeting your likes, how good your page is etc. the average for new or low accounts can be from 50-500 new followers a day depending on those variables.
So I must be doing something wrong then.

When I target my likes should I go broad like [HASHTAG]#business[/HASHTAG] or narrow like [HASHTAG]#sellingonebay[/HASHTAG]?

I will take closer look at some of the best pages in my niche and make some adjustments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.