The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Instagram Marketing ($100K+ profit, 4M followers)

Social media marketing, advertising, and growth

JimD

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
309%
May 25, 2011
Florida
Sound wisdom! Thanks for sharing!

Would you say that having an IG & snap chat is better for brand building in the modern internet era than a traditional web page? Or is having all 3 a great way to create a feedback-loop to build it?

Definitely all 3!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BlakeRVA

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
326%
Aug 24, 2015
1. Why did you decide to invest in creating your own bot rather than using another companies?
2. Have you investigated other social media platforms such as Tumblr and Pintrest to generate revenue?
3. If no to #2, why not?

JimD

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
309%
May 25, 2011
Florida
1. Why did you decide to invest in creating your own bot rather than using another companies?
2. Have you investigated other social media platforms such as Tumblr and Pintrest to generate revenue?
3. If no to #2, why not?

1. More control
2. I looked into Pinterest a bit in the beginning of my social media journey but I got Instagram down faster so I put my main focus on it.

BlakeRVA

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
326%
Aug 24, 2015
1. More control
2. I looked into Pinterest a bit in the beginning of my social media journey but I got Instagram down faster so I put my main focus on it.
What factors did you feel you did not have enough control over in pre-established platforms for automation?

TKDTyler

The Tea Guy
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Aug 25, 2014
Great thread! :)

I find that if the page is a personal page (models, fitness experts, niche experts) focused on promoting quality content, affliate marketing can work without alienating their customer base due to the "This product worked for him/her, so it might work for me." That said, I find personally to be put off by pages that are not as personal such as those motivational quotes pages, pictures of people working out, etc.

How do you find a balance between valuable content and promoting affiliate offers without alienating your customer base when you are not as personal as some other pages?

JimD

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
309%
May 25, 2011
Florida
What factors did you feel you did not have enough control over in pre-established platforms for automation?

Main reason was being able to handle 30+ accounts, Followliker would start to bog down after 30+ accounts.

JimD

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
309%
May 25, 2011
Florida
Great thread! :)

I find that if the page is a personal page (models, fitness experts, niche experts) focused on promoting quality content, affliate marketing can work without alienating their customer base due to the "This product worked for him/her, so it might work for me." That said, I find personally to be put off by pages that are not as personal such as those motivational quotes pages, pictures of people working out, etc.

How do you find a balance between valuable content and promoting affiliate offers without alienating your customer base when you are not as personal as some other pages?

Good question, there is no balance at least for me, it's just a numbers game as an affiliate. The more followers the more possible money you can make. Hence why I'm moving on to building my own brands/offers.

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ

fluffhead

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 3, 2015
@JimD Thanks for doing this! I'm also building out an Instagram page at the moment and have had some success, but can obviously improve. I just surpassed 5K followers in 5 weeks, all manually. Per this thread, I purchased FollowLiker and have had it running for about a day now. I've actually seen lackluster results so far. I can typically garner about 200-400 likes a day if I do this manually, and 24 hours after launching this, I have yet to hit 100 new followers (I started with 5197 and ended with 5281).

My question to you is, do you happen to have a good set of settings that we can use to maximize results for the bots?

Also, I'm sorry if this was already asked, but how do you go about the share for share process? I've reached out to a number of people, all of which have ignored my requests so far. Thanks again!

JimD

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
309%
May 25, 2011
Florida
I'd love to see one of the accounts too. I've always wondered about people who are able to monetize IG.

Hey guys, unfortunately I will not be sharing my accounts so openly. The reason I shared them with MJ was because of the AMA rules. I hope you guys understand.

BrandonS85

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
378%
Sep 8, 2015
Ohio USA
Is your primary source of followers churning via like/unlike, significant number of images a day or some other strategy?

I have a IG account I'd really like to grow, but the problem is content, I really would LIKE to post my own stuff, and I have plenty of unique photos of my own that do get likes when I post them, but I simply don't have the time to get on IG several times a day and post content.

JimD

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
309%
May 25, 2011
Florida
@JimD

My question to you is, do you happen to have a good set of settings that we can use to maximize results for the bots

As of right now I only do "like" actions.

I do about 1900-2100 targeted likes a day per account with a delay of about 17-28 seconds per "like".

the average new followers I get from this method can range depending on niche.

the norm can range from 250-500 new followers a day

I have some other accounts that get 1k to 2.5k new followers a day but they are bigger accounts. expect the norm average^ at the beginning

A good tracking tool I use is: http://socialblade.com/instagram/ just add your account in there and allow it 24 hours to scrape the data. you can also track other accounts and see how fast they are growing.

@JimD
Also, I'm sorry if this was already asked, but how do you go about the share for share process? I've reached out to a number of people, all of which have ignored my requests so far. Thanks again!

It's all a numbers game, try to reach out to pages that are close to your follwers count as well. Most will only do sfs(shout for shout) with you only if you are close to his follower's count otherwise they will more likely ignore you or charge you.

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
Please show me all the steps involved, dont leave anything out!

Haha, nah, I don't want to know how the bots were coded or how they're grown, it's just that every "lifestyle" Instagram account is all about projecting fake business success. I wanted to see what the discernable difference was between one like that and one with actual traction, basically to see if I was clever enough at IG to see the promise MJ saw.

Miguel Munoz

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 20, 2015
Hi JimD, I am so glad I came across this topic since this is what I want to focus on next to my study for the next 2/3 years. I would love to talk to you about a few things regarding this subject via skype or Just PM'ing here is also fine, whatever works best for you. Just to give you an image, I started growing an IG account for about 4 days now and surpassed 600 followers.

Again, thanks for posting!

Dazprospect

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 23, 2015
Thanks for doing this thread, some awesome information.

I recently purchased Followliker and have been seeing decent success with it on my personal/graphic design account(around 1200 followers in 4 days), and i'd like to created a new account in a niche market to act as an affiliate and just had a couple of questions.

1. How many times do you post a day on average?
2. Do you strictly keep all the content to do with the business/niche, or include some personal/motivational quotes/etc along with them?

Thanks.

JimD

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
309%
May 25, 2011
Florida
Thanks for doing this thread, some awesome information.

I recently purchased Followliker and have been seeing decent success with it on my personal/graphic design account(around 1200 followers in 4 days), and i'd like to created a new account in a niche market to act as an affiliate and just had a couple of questions.

1. How many times do you post a day on average?
2. Do you strictly keep all the content to do with the business/niche, or include some personal/motivational quotes/etc along with them?

Thanks.

1. About every 4 hours depending on niche
2. I usually keep it niche related unless it is a paid shoutout

Dazprospect

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 23, 2015
Thanks for responding. Just one more thing, would you suggest using hashtags on posts? I guess that once you're followers are above a certain amount it doesn't matter as much, but at the beginning?

JimD

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
309%
May 25, 2011
Florida
Thanks for responding. Just one more thing, would you suggest using hashtags on posts? I guess that once you're followers are above a certain amount it doesn't matter as much, but at the beginning?

No problem! Yes at the beginning using hashtags wouldn't hurt.

Mr_Maravish

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Jul 7, 2015
Hey Jim,

Im interested in learning marketing through Instagram, Twitter, and Snapchat, do you know of any good reads to get me started in the right direction?

Thank You

JimD

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
309%
May 25, 2011
Florida
Hey Jim,

Im interested in learning marketing through Instagram, Twitter, and Snapchat, do you know of any good reads to get me started in the right direction?

Thank You

I've actually read this e-book, it's a good start especially if you're new to instagram: http://www.warriorforum.com/warrior...ram-ease-no-one-teaching-brain-dead-easy.html

Phillipbro

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Jan 10, 2013
Ontario
What do you find is the most profitable and responsive niche in the IG scene.

BTW Instagram has changed their algorithm as of yesterday morning and everyone doing mass unfollowing via bot is getting banned or temp blocked.

JimD

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
309%
May 25, 2011
Florida
What do you find is the most profitable and responsive niche in the IG scene.

BTW Instagram has changed their algorithm as of yesterday morning and everyone doing mass unfollowing via bot is getting banned or temp blocked.

That would be like revealing my own accounts. I hope you understand..

And this is true. Luckily if you been following my posts, I've stuck to doing "likes" as this has always been a problem that I saw with the follow/unfollowing method.

Last edited:

Luffy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Dec 20, 2014
That would be like revealing my own accounts. I hope you understand..

And this is true. Luckily if you been following my posts, I've stuck to doing "likes" as this has always been a problem that I saw with the follow/unfollowing method.
As someone who is a complete newbie, how much does the algorithm change affect people on there?

JimD

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
309%
May 25, 2011
Florida
As someone who is a complete newbie, how much does the algorithm change affect people on there?

A lot if you are using the follow/unfollow method

Spoonman

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Dec 8, 2014
What do you think the future of this kind of advertising on IG holds? With IG rolling out paid ad service, will there still be a market for what your doing?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.