The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

If You Were A Moderator

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
A character limit - only users with certain points/rep can increase their limit.

I think MJ is one of the most concise fellows on this forum, yet his words weigh more than 100 noobs.
I'd be screwed...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
I'd be screwed...

Come on Andy, where is the entrepreneur in you. You wouldn't be screwed, you would just have a new and different opportunity.. :cool:

(on the topic) Character limits are exactly that though, limits. If someone is writing a bunch of bullshit, it's your choice to continue reading it. Filters work better than limits.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Come on Andy, where is the entrepreneur in you. You wouldn't be screwed, you would just have a new and different opportunity.. :cool:

(on the topic) Character limits are exactly that though, limits. If someone is writing a bunch of bullshit, it's your choice to continue reading it. Filters work better than limits.
You're right.

Andy v2. As succinct as @jon.a, @theag, and @ZCP. The Russian squirrel sporting shades and handlebar moustache.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Sort by posts likes, that's it's intended job. Not perfect, but yields 90% better info.
I didn't even know about that and just tested it in this thread:

DCgUJOX.png

Works. :cool:

LeoistheSun

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Oct 3, 2017
Honolulu
To @MJ DeMarco, @AllenCrawley, @Vigilante:

I would create some way to personally favorite posts. That way I don't need to search for them or print them to read the knowledge again.

Like website bookmarks, except for individual posts. Next to Quote and Reply, add "Favorite".

This would be super valuable!!!

(If something exists, I still haven't found it here).

Thanks.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
To @MJ DeMarco, @AllenCrawley, @Vigilante:

I would create some way to personally favorite posts. That way I don't need to search for them or print them to read the knowledge again.

Like website bookmarks, except for individual posts. Next to Quote and Reply, add "Favorite".

This would be super valuable!!!

(If something exists, I still haven't found it here).

Thanks.
We have that, called the Bookmark feature, but it's only available for INSIDERS.

LeoistheSun

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Oct 3, 2017
Honolulu
We have that, called the Bookmark feature, but it's only available for INSIDERS.

Womp. Womp.

So here's a great opportunity for @MJ DeMarco (if interested)...

Allow 5 or 10 bookmarks for non INSIDERS, then get em to upsell or something. Because I didn't know about this and it sucks that me and others could at least bookmark 3 posts or something.

Lol

inputchip

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
409%
Mar 26, 2017
www.tmkings.com
Womp. Womp.

So here's a great opportunity for @MJ DeMarco (if interested)...

Allow 5 or 10 bookmarks for non INSIDERS, then get em to upsell or something. Because I didn't know about this and it sucks that me and others could at least bookmark 3 posts or something.

Lol
Honestly, I've tried the bookmark feature and I prefer using Chrome bookmarks, much easier to organize. @LeoistheSun, just click and drag the post number into your bookmark folder categories and rename it to what you want.

LeoistheSun

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Oct 3, 2017
Honolulu
Honestly, I've tried the bookmark feature and I prefer using Chrome bookmarks, much easier to organize. @LeoistheSun, just click and drag the post number into your bookmark folder categories and rename it to what you want.

Wow! Amazing. Why didn't I think of this!!

Only downside is scouring the forums for those epic grade AAA posts!

REP+

inputchip

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
409%
Mar 26, 2017
www.tmkings.com
I do ALOT of night time reading on here. I was hoping to find a "dark" theme, but no luck. I'm guessing it would be quite easy to add within the forum software styles.

Capture.PNG

In the meantime, I found a Chrome extension that seems to do the trick. It's called "Dark Reader" for anyone interested.

dark-theme.png

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I do ALOT of night time reading on here. I was hoping to find a "dark" theme, but no luck. I'm guessing it would be quite easy to add within the forum software styles.

Done, select "Fastlane Dark" in the style selector. (top left corner in the forum footer.)

inputchip

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
409%
Mar 26, 2017
www.tmkings.com

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
I wonder if any laptops or computer monitors exist with the "paper white, e-reader" display type...

Sure would be easier on the eyes.

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
Wow! Amazing. Why didn't I think of this!!

REP+
Honestly, anytime I need to find a certain post or thread, I just google it, ["exact phrase in quotations" The Fastlane Forum], because using the search function on here is like finding a needle in a haystack. :rofl:

Also, use the 'Most Liked' function to find top rated posts.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Done, select "Fastlane Dark" in the style selector. (top left corner in the forum footer.)

This won't be the first time I told you I Love You but......

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Use the Google search box (top of forum) over the native forum search. It works 10X better. That is why the Google search box is front and center. I only use the native search when it pertains to a particular user.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Use the Google search box (top of forum) over the native forum search. It works 10X better. That is why the Google search box is front and center. I only use the native search when it pertains to a particular user.

Huh, literally never knew this existed.

Maybe it's because I've been here a while but I have "info blindless" to where the google search is. I always intuitively hit up the native search in the upper right as it's in the logical place for a forum's search engine.

Thanks for the tip! Would certainly make finding a few things a little less tedious.

Although being google it would likely ignore all INSIDERS posts, which would be the one major caveat of using google over the native one if you are INSIDERS.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
443%
May 27, 2013
United States
Not sure if there's a way around this one, but it's really taking away from my forum experience.

Problem: Watched threads "going dark" to notifications.

So, I get a slew of notifications about watched threads having been updated, but I'm only online for a few min, and don't have time to get to all of them.

Because I never physically clicked on the notification to go into that watched thread and read to the end, what happens is that I will never get a notification on that thread again.

There have been close to 20 threads that I have "rediscovered" in the most recent posts section, only to see that I've been missing out on 3-4 months of posts in that thread that I was supposed to be "watching". Because I never got notifications that those watched threads of mine were being updated.

Is there a better way to keep on top of watched threads? Historically I've mainly just checked threads updated in notifications, and browsed the most recent posts.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Thank you my bruddah, I can see for the first time.

I also threw on a pair of these snazzy spectacles for better performance:View attachment 17676
If you are being serious, check on Amazon for blue blocking glasses. There are expensive and cheap ones, which ever you pick, make sure they are very lightweight and are large enough you can view from angles. They will cut eyestrain heavily in addition to using tools like flux and night mode on your phone.

This paired with drinking tons of water, will help relieve those pressure headaches or focus problems from long screen use times.

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
If you are being serious, check on Amazon for blue blocking glasses. There are expensive and cheap ones, which ever you pick, make sure they are very lightweight and are large enough you can view from angles. They will cut eyestrain heavily in addition to using tools like flux and night mode on your phone.

This paired with drinking tons of water, will help relieve those pressure headaches or focus problems from long screen use times.
I just seriously ordered a pair on swanwicksleep.com because I had some old ones that I tried on, but were of the cheap variety from Amazon.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
443%
May 27, 2013
United States

eagleye101

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jul 24, 2013
Athens, Greece
Hi @MJ DeMarco

Could I suggest a feature for the forum?

I've been going back n forth to flippa lately and can't avoid to notice that 90% of the websites sold there are ***let's say "not so quality-websites :'(

But there are some good business sold there. It just takes aeons to find a good one.

And if someone has good ideas and builds & grows websites, has to compete with all the scammers plus the 15% flippa commission if he/she wants to sell it...

Also, there is no alternative to flippa.
Ok, there is Empire Flippers and a few others but you know what I mean. You cannot really find a place where you could sell i.e. a $500 worth website.

And everything that flippa provides it trust (that you can sell your website and take your money).

You get where I'm going with this, right?

Can it be that there was a section in the forum in which we could buy and sell each other's websites?

Thanks

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.