The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I want To Be A Success In Life And Overcome Personal Failure

Successbuilder

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Aug 17, 2018
Hello. For almost a couple of years, I've been doing dead-end jobs. To overnight stocking, moving for military families ( a job that toughen me up a little ) to working the freezer. Right now I take home over 30k income. I've been living with parents. Even though they tell me I CAN stay, my male instinct is telling me to go for something better in life no matter how hard it takes. No matter if I have to eat noodles out of a stray or work the most overtime to save up for a business or passive income property. For almost four years I've been trying to increase income on an affiliate website that'll soon turn to a product website carrying my own herbal formulas. I want to create a low-cost option for healing people vs pharmaceutical medicine. There's a lot of money in this venture and I wanna' be part of it. This is my long term goal, but having parents in my ear or being at their place is holding me back, however I'm getting my own and stop being a,"failure to launch," victim. Thank you all and if there's any help or advice you can give me, It'll be appreciated.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
First of all, no, just go live on your own. You're 32 years old for crying out loud.Your savings is probably enough for 6 months of rent+food+utilities if your income goes to 0. You'll be fine.

Other than that, my thoughts are that you should rewrite this to tell us a little about yourself beyond your neurosis about living alone and not having enough money.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Hello. I'm 32 years old with a job that pays 30k a year in retail. My savings right now is 14,700+. I'm suppose to move into my new place for 750+ a month with 2100 - 2400+ varying if I do overtime. I have no car payment since I paid it off in 2015. I'm suppose to make a trip out of the country to continue my medical stuff which cost 2800 + the flight ( which maybe will be 550 ). Afterwards my savings will be around 9000+ or so. I have a fear of living on my own and stressed out about the move. I believe I will not make it or mistakes will happen after I move into my place. I don't know if I should cancel everything and wait another year to save up even more. What are your thoughts on this?
Your only a failure if you have regrets and don't chase your dreams in my opinion. It's not the failure itself that makes you a failure.

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
Go live on your own and at least get a part-time job. Living on my own has taught me responsibility and independence.

Successbuilder

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Aug 17, 2018
Go live on your own and at least get a part-time job. Living on my own has taught me responsibility and independence.

You know what you're right. I was upset in my bed all damn day. My story is I grew up as one would considered," slow." The first solid job I had was maintenance at 19, which I failed to show up at work due to my addiction to World of Warcraft at the time. My lack of confidence got me in a gaming chair at 21 years old walking to work as a bagboy, being addicted to online gaming. A year later, I said to myself," I don't wanna' be there way my whole life, walking to work and not having a license," so I bit the bullet and started studying to get my license acing it on the first month. Felt good about myself! Got a car at 2010 ( the same car mind you, paying it off in 5 years which as 2015 ). During that time I had a 24k year job doing overnight stocking until one of the guys in frozen got sick and they called on me which is the job I'm doing now.

I've read the TMF & audiobook on me a gazillion times. But one of the things keeping me back is staying here with my parents. There's not ENOUGH motivation and if I lived on my own, I know for certain my motivation will skyrocket out of control, but the cloud of fear. " What if this happened?" " What if the car breaks down?" " What if I don't have enough money for what I want?" I tally'd up the cost and I'll be saving atleast 800 dollars a month after rent, utilities, internet, phone, renters insurance etc etc ( if I pay off my furniture in 12 months it'll go to 900 ). My website ( affiliate, I know MJ talks about affiliates not being a good source of income, but I do wanna' scale it up ) brings in about 200 to 500 a month. I'm a vegetarian so my food costs are low, I've gotten by with less than 3 meals a day. The apartment I'm renting is not the cheapest however, IT's a gated community ( I wanted to go even cheaper lol, but my parents suggested not to avoid living in an extremely lower income area )

I honestly believe in my heart I can do this. Like a nomad lion seeking a new pride.

Last edited:

Danny Sullivan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Jul 2, 2018
Germany
I'll let someone else say it:

m7dTxiX.png

GoGetter24

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
210%
Oct 8, 2017
Various
I don't get it. Why is there no content about what you're doing to improve your income? How are you going to get a better job, or what marketable skill are you learning?

You're in no position to be daydreaming about passive income and "fast lane". You need to work out a solid plan towards skilled labor.

1. Get a credit card. Whatever the limit on that: you've increased your room to move (obviously don't be retarded by actually using the credit like most people do).
2. Make a solid plan towards skilled labor.
3. Execute that plan.

Successbuilder

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Aug 17, 2018
I don't get it. Why is there no content about what you're doing to improve your income? How are you going to get a better job, or what marketable skill are you learning?

You're in no position to be daydreaming about passive income and "fast lane". You need to work out a solid plan towards skilled labor.

1. Get a credit card. Whatever the limit on that: you've increased your room to move (obviously don't be retarded by actually using the credit like most people do).
2. Make a solid plan towards skilled labor.
3. Execute that plan.

That's what I am doing with my website. I don't believe in credit cards and use my own money. Skilled labor maybe a future plan, however I work 44 to 46 hours a week sometimes. I'm just a little depressed being 32 and not having the income I've wanted.

GoGetter24

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
210%
Oct 8, 2017
Various
That's what I am doing with my website. I don't believe in credit cards and use my own money. Skilled labor maybe a future plan, however I work 44 to 46 hours a week sometimes. I'm just a little depressed being 32 and not having the income I've wanted.
Doesn't matter if you believe in credit cards or not: your landlord believes in being paid on time. You've got cashflow anxiety, and you're going to block the best thing that would alleviate that?

Your website won't do shit. Passive income from your affiliate site isn't going to reach the level of paying your expenses, with any certainty, within any reasonable timeframe, and could disappear at any time.

The cause of your low income is that your work pays little. The solution is to learn and offer higher value work.

Self inflicted position.

Successbuilder

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Aug 17, 2018
I can save alot more money living with my parents, but then again what am I purchasing with this apartment? Independence, freedom, determination. All cost 700 dollars a month vs saving 1400 a month with no freedom, no expression, no privacy, no quietness. My uncle got out of jail at 25 years old living with us for almost a year. He drove a hoopty ( messed up vehicle that looks like sh!t ), but now owns a home, has a corvette etc etc. So if he can do it, I can do it too. Trust me, he didn't have almost 10k saved up for emergencies.

Successbuilder

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Aug 17, 2018
Doesn't matter if you believe in credit cards or not: your landlord believes in being paid on time. You've got cashflow anxiety, and you're going to block the best thing that would alleviate that?

Your website won't do sh*t. Passive income from your affiliate site isn't going to reach the level of paying your expenses, with any certainty, within any reasonable timeframe, and could disappear at any time.

The cause of your low income is that your work pays little. The solution is to learn and offer higher value work.

Self inflicted position.

I'm saving 800 after expenses. My rent is 768, my light bill will probably be 80 or 90 ( I don't use electricity that much ), gas is 80 ( only 15 minutes away from work ), my couch and tableset is 108 a month, renters insurance is 40 a month, car insurance is 100 a month, food close to 200+. I make close to 2400 with overtime and saving about 800 dollars a month. I'm pretty sure I'll be good. Couple that with the affiliate site which I'll soon put my own products on there ( herbal supplements, my own products ) bringing me in 200 to 500 dollars a month when I don't work on it. So that'll bring my discretionary income to 1000 to 1300. I live in South Carolina where the rent is low like Texas and Florida where you can live well on 30k+ a month and find a really good place for 500 to 800 dollars a monh! I have no student loan nor do I spend a ton of money like that.

Pauly-FL

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Jul 26, 2018
South Florida
I can save alot more money living with my parents, but then again what am I purchasing with this apartment? Independence, freedom, determination. All cost 700 dollars a month vs saving 1400 a month with no freedom, no expression, no privacy, no quietness. My uncle got out of jail at 25 years old living with us for almost a year. He drove a hoopty ( messed up vehicle that looks like sh!t ), but now owns a home, has a corvette etc etc. So if he can do it, I can do it too. Trust me, he didn't have almost 10k saved up for emergencies.

Look there - you have a real life example of of someone who was started with less than you and went and figured it out.

You've seem to have done the math and know that you can swing your own place. Yes, there will be things that come up that you did not expect, but you will be able to handle them. Heck, you have done good with your savings.

By contrast - I lived with my parents until I got married at 27! Then leaped into a marriage, mortgage, and instant debt. Not only did I survive the leap, I thrived. (FYI - we just celebrated our 27th anniversary yesterday.)

You have a better plan than mine, but are afraid to leap. Go ahead and LEAP! Here are some good things you will find:
1) Your parents will be proud as every parent wants to see their kid succeed.
2) You will mature in ways you did not expect.
3) You will learn the real value exchange of money by experiencing it.

As I look back at my extended stay with my parents, I see that I was selfish. Unlike you, I did not save anything. I spent every last dime on whatever I felt like. (wanna see my cassette collection?) You are starting from a much better place and have already cultivated a "saver" mindset. That will serve you well, as you move out on your own to make sure every dollar is working for you.

Not to say that it will be all rainbows and sunshine. There will be times when life sucks. Understand, there is no avoiding that no matter where you live.

So, my 2 cents: GO! Go NOW! Step boldly into your new home and tell yourself "Yes. I can do this".

You may even want to say it out loud.....

Successbuilder

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Aug 17, 2018
Look there - you have a real life example of of someone who was started with less than you and went and figured it out.

You've seem to have done the math and know that you can swing your own place. Yes, there will be things that come up that you did not expect, but you will be able to handle them. Heck, you have done good with your savings.

By contrast - I lived with my parents until I got married at 27! Then leaped into a marriage, mortgage, and instant debt. Not only did I survive the leap, I thrived. (FYI - we just celebrated our 27th anniversary yesterday.)

You have a better plan than mine, but are afraid to leap. Go ahead and LEAP! Here are some good things you will find:
1) Your parents will be proud as every parent wants to see their kid succeed.
2) You will mature in ways you did not expect.
3) You will learn the real value exchange of money by experiencing it.

As I look back at my extended stay with my parents, I see that I was selfish. Unlike you, I did not save anything. I spent every last dime on whatever I felt like. (wanna see my cassette collection?) You are starting from a much better place and have already cultivated a "saver" mindset. That will serve you well, as you move out on your own to make sure every dollar is working for you.

Not to say that it will be all rainbows and sunshine. There will be times when life sucks. Understand, there is no avoiding that no matter where you live.

So, my 2 cents: GO! Go NOW! Step boldly into your new home and tell yourself "Yes. I can do this".

You may even want to say it out loud.....

Pauly, thank you very much. Atleast you didn't come in with a negative attitude like the other guy above. I want to move out and eventually in the coming years move into a house & be on my,"own," from the job or rat race. My website is a health based website that will soon sell herbal formulas I make and male enhancement products ( which I already get money from, but want more from it. Close to 1k to 3k a month ). I'm willing to work hard and starve to get to the next level. Don't care how hard it is. Something is telling me in my mind this is what I have to do.

rybanez

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
321%
Jul 24, 2018
Passive income from your affiliate site isn't going to reach the level of paying your expenses, with any certainty, within any reasonable timeframe, and could disappear at any time.

^^^ This

Learn a valuable skill and then learn how to sell the skill directly to people who need what you offer.

Let me give you an example: Powerwashing.

One way to do it:

Go work for a pressure washing company outside of the town/city you live in (so you won't be competing with them in the future). Get on-the-job experience, take notes, and save every penny.

You'll be developing a real world skill, and guess what -- most pressure washers are terrible at marketing their service (they are too busy pressure washing). This is where you can set yourself apart. Learn the basics of writing copy, learn how to sell benefits.

Then make a flyer to mail to anyone with a driveway in your town/city that has a catchy benefit-filled headline, like "Discover How to Easily Double Your Home's Curb Appeal with One Quick Little Trick For Only $69."

Test out different copy, learn what works and what doesn't, repeat.

Might not be "fastlane," but it could make you serious cash if you provide a lot of value and learn how to market it to the right people.

Here's someone who killed it with powerwashing (I used their headline in my example above): https://kopywritingkourse.com/powerwashing-flyers-copywriting-case-study/

This is just one idea. There are thousands of other ideas out there for the taking. The missing ingredient most people lack: execution.

The point is, make yourself valuable, learn how to communicate the value you offer to the marketplace, and you'll achieve you goals.

Good luck!

SEBASTlAN

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Dec 22, 2014
Los Angeles
^^^ This

Learn a valuable skill and then learn how to sell the skill directly to people who need what you offer.

Let me give you an example: Powerwashing.

One way to do it:

Go work for a pressure washing company outside of the town/city you live in (so you won't be competing with them in the future). Get on-the-job experience, take notes, and save every penny.

You'll be developing a real world skill, and guess what -- most pressure washers are terrible at marketing their service (they are too busy pressure washing). This is where you can set yourself apart. Learn the basics of writing copy, learn how to sell benefits.

Then make a flyer to mail to anyone with a driveway in your town/city that has a catchy benefit-filled headline, like "Discover How to Easily Double Your Home's Curb Appeal with One Quick Little Trick For Only $69."

Test out different copy, learn what works and what doesn't, repeat.

Might not be "fastlane," but it could make you serious cash if you provide a lot of value and learn how to market it to the right people.

Here's someone who killed it with powerwashing (I used their headline in my example above): https://kopywritingkourse.com/powerwashing-flyers-copywriting-case-study/

This is just one idea. There are thousands of other ideas out there for the taking. The missing ingredient most people lack: execution.

The point is, make yourself valuable, learn how to communicate the value you offer to the marketplace, and you'll achieve you goals.

Good luck!

Great advice!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...