The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I have figured out what I don't want...

DeepScripted

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
May 27, 2018
Denver, Colorado
Greetings All, My name is Adam - and I'm delighted and feel blessed to be in the company of you.
I read TMF around 5 year ago, for the first time and then for the second time, but didn't get to act out on my gut feelings.

I came to the US around 10 years ago for my graduate studies like millions of students pouring the this country. The good thing was that I did get a full scholarship and was able to support myself through the graduation - expect my first semester's expense. I was able to graduate in a few years with a Master's degree - with no debt (happy about this). Ready to become a part of our well oiled machinery to get sucked dry.

I got a job, bought a used car with the cash I had - and started living the dream. A couple years later, seeing no job growth I switched jobs and got a very nice pay raise (naive eh?). This was the time when I got to read TMF , and had my brain re-wired to not at least not make bad financial decisions - while I'm stuck with slow lane.

Fast forward five years, and here I am with the same job - a six figure salary, married, two kids under 2. I ran into MJ's Unscripted last week and ordered it right away, and decided to jump on this forum to get my wheels rolling sooner than later.

From a financial perspective, I'm lucky to have paid off my home in the past few years. Not car loans or student debt. Around six months expense in savings right now - which I want to use to start a business of my own while staying on the job.

TBH, my company and team is pretty good - so I don't hate it either. But, something feels missing. I have also been offered a promotion to a management position with a good salary bump, which I have mentally rejected (as it will take me away from what I want to do on the side, and my family time). I do work remotely (this flexibility had me spending quality time with my family), and travel as needed, at times every week for a couple days.

I want to learn from you guys to understand and find the problems. As I read in some of the posts, be an A-Class Problem Solver! Look forward to get guidance from you, and I'll try my best to give back to the community in the form of my learning, progress and failures.

Thanks again for making me part of this awesome group.

Cheers!
Adam

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ocricci

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Apr 20, 2013
Hello Adam,

TBH, my company and team is pretty good - so I don't hate it either. But, something feels missing. I have also been offered a promotion to a management position with a good salary bump, which I have mentally rejected (as it will take me away from what I want to do on the side, and my family time). I do work remotely (this flexibility had me spending quality time with my family), and travel as needed, at times every week for a couple days.

This is a great position to be in, rejecting the management position and valuing your time and side projects is the right move !

DeepScripted

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
May 27, 2018
Denver, Colorado
Thanks, Ocricci!
Even though I’m very confused, and have little direction currently.. I’m sure to find it with perseverance and guidance from this community.

I have dibbled into Stock, and was getting to learn Forex as well - but I will be putting a hold on these for not being Fastlane ideas.

ocricci

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Apr 20, 2013
Thanks, Ocricci!
Even though I’m very confused, and have little direction currently.. I’m sure to find it with perseverance and guidance from this community.

I have dibbled into Stock, and was getting to learn Forex as well - but I will be putting a hold on these for not being Fastlane ideas.

Yep, it is very unclear, opportunity is always mixed with difficulty.

The fast lane requires you to be aware of opportunities, then to focus on one and embrace the process assuming uncertainty and risk ( also, changing your perception of failure is important ).

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I'm lucky to have paid off my home in the past few years.

Wow!

Lucky? I don't think so.

Congrats.

You're off to an incredible start.

Welcome aboard Adam.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

DeepScripted

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
May 27, 2018
Denver, Colorado
It is not flashy driving a 25 year old car, and every now and then get in an argument with the wife [its just hormonal, usually she is great. I couldn’t do this without her] when most of my friend circle drives Audis and BMWs. Delaying instant gratification has been the name of the game :)

But, I do see the fruit now - in the form of a little relief of rent/mortgage. The biggest leverage is the freedom of thought, that if I don’t like the job - I can quit and still have a roof over our head, cars to move around and work on getting on the TMF .

Thanks MJ for etching this idea in my brain. It will take time but it is possible.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...